Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Large Hadron Collider is activated

UM-Bot

why are we sitting here?

why are we not in switzlerand surrounding the cern factory and demanding they end this?

we need to do something

we cant sit here and do nothing because we feel helpless and thats hoe its goes and those scietnists have money and already have permission to do this

this is our say weather they continue or not. its our world not those stupid cern peoples world. they dodnt believe in god and i think they are aq little crazy for messing with this and looking for extra dimensions and pretending to be god

we wont even clone a person because its against the bible and we will go and do this where we dont know what will happen. the truth is no scientist ever knows what will happen, they can guess

just like doctors. they dont know how surgery will be. they tell the patient theres a 85% sucess rate but they screw up

we wont even do stem cell research because some fear it may kill a fetus but we can go conduct an experiment that might alter the universe or even destroy it. but think its safe because scientists think it is but arent 100% sure

they said the idea that it could be negatuve is "nonsense maybe even silly"

who uses the word nonsense or silly when playing with something so severe that id had something to do with creating our universe and may put people in danger

Shhhhhhhhh, you're making yourself nuts over nothing. You don't understand what they are doing with this thing at all.

Edited by Moonie2012

Uhh if God is a scientist trying to figure out what caused the Big Bang then yes, but all other definitions of 'playing god' don't apply. Technically treating our injuries and illnesses is playing god and nobody has a problem with doing that.

Thanks for that, our minds might be on the verge of being blown and all you can do is act negatively. I think the naysayers want something to go wrong so they can say, "see, I told you so you stupid scientists."

Look i'm not trying to be negative,i was trying to explain what was happening and the impossibility of this **** happening please its just like that bull 2012 theory.

i think nothing bad will happen and it was jsut to make people feel better,I'm sorry if i came of a little cold.But they haven't collided it yet and its not just you who is on the verge here its everyone else aswell.

i doubt anything "BAD" to us will happen but the only thing which will p*** people off is the people who invested on this LHC its frankly giving up 4.5 billion cash and its either gonna do nothing OR create microscopic debris.

I'm actually surprised there isn't anyone trying to protest it now. I'm iffy about this myself. But I'm also a huge worrier as well. Either way I'm not going to quite give up smoking until after Oct. 21st....if there is an after. If I'm going to die I sure as hell aren't going to be worrying about getting cancer.

If everything is as microscopic as everyone is saying and the 'big bang' they're creating is just as teeny tiny or whatnot (I think, didn't someone say that's not what they were creating?), I'm not sure we're in any danger. Besides isn't this crap kind of like Stephen Hawking's life's work? I mean not the actual experiment but the topic of it. And true he's just going by his theories but he's like the ultimate nerd.

I did think it was funny that the thing will be it's strongest in the year 2010 and two years after that is 2012. XD!!

I don't however see how this will 'disprove God' as some hopeful atheists are claiming. Why can't people see that science and religion can co-exist? I'm a pagan and I don't care what they discover, I'm not going to stop believing in my faith and put a microscope instead of a God and Goddess statue on my altar. Who do you think made the particles to begin with?

I wish they wouldn't do this because things have the potential to go wrong.....but the more I read the more curious and somewhat less afraid I'm getting.

Steven Hawkins has stated that no black holes or anything like that will occur from this experiment, that and if there was a danger like a World catastrophe do you really think they would be allowed to do this? It's hype.

Last night I listened to an interview with NYU Professor and science writer Charles Seife, and he said the same thing. He stated that while scientists are intelligent people and although some of them think there are inevitable dangers associated with these experiments, he says there have been many articles written by other intelligent scientists who believe there is no real threat.

Also, Charles said that cosmic rays in the universe could also do a lot of damage of this kind, but they don't. So, he says, while scientists do make mistakes, creating a black hole is highly unlikely.

linked-image

If everything is as microscopic as everyone is saying and the 'big bang' they're creating is just as teeny tiny or whatnot (I think, didn't someone say that's not what they were creating?), I'm not sure we're in any danger. Besides isn't this crap kind of like Stephen Hawking's life's work? I mean not the actual experiment but the topic of it. And true he's just going by his theories but he's like the ultimate nerd.

I did think it was funny that the thing will be it's strongest in the year 2010 and two years after that is 2012. XD!!

The energy levels the LHC can reach are around 450 GeV. The energy levels of the Big Bang are on the order of 1019 GeV.

To reach the energy level of the BB would take a accelerator 17 light years long.

The energy levels the LHC can reach are around 450 GeV. The energy levels of the Big Bang are on the order of 1019 GeV.

To reach the energy level of the BB would take a accelerator 17 light years long.

That's kind of neat. What would be even more neat if they created thier own universe like....a foot long, lol.

That's kind of neat. What would be even more neat if they created thier own universe like....a foot long, lol.

Yeah, that's all those scientists need - a whole new universe debating on whether or not god exists, and if he wears a lab coat or not.

Edited by Moonie2012

Yeah, that's all those scientists need - a whole new universe debating on whether or not god exists, and if he wears a lab coat or not.

ha! That reminds me of Men in Black II where J and Will or whatnot open up that door thing to find out thier universe is in a locker.

Is Hawkings being a pessimest in his $100 bet that the collider wont discover anything significant?! Even if his scientific knowledge tells him that their experiments wont reveal anything he has in the past made it known that he doesn't consider himself a know it all. I find his reaction to the activation of the hadron collider strange and out of character.

Hawking has made these kind of bets before, amoung his peers in the physics community. He bet Kip Thorne a subscription to Penthouse magazine over some fairly obscure point. He usually takes the pessimistic end of the bet, and never seems to mind losing.

they've been using this technology since 1949, it isnt really anything new, theres other particle colliders in the US just on a smaller scale, so really its just a bigger version of what they alredy have, and like that physisist said on that video on this site, i think his name is michu kaku or something, they were originally going to build it in America, but apparently as soon as the higgs boson particle was mentioned it was cancelled so they built it in Switzerland.

they've been using this technology since 1949, it isnt really anything new, theres other particle colliders in the US just on a smaller scale, so really its just a bigger version of what they alredy have, and like that physisist said on that video on this site, i think his name is michu kaku or something, they were originally going to build it in America, but apparently as soon as the higgs boson particle was mentioned it was cancelled so they built it in Switzerland.

The Superconducting Supercollider was going to be 12 times as powerful as the LHC. The accelerator ring was to have been 52 miles around. The government spent 2 billion dollars on it before the Congress cancelled it in 1998 as a cost cutting measure.

Idiots.

Do you know what is funny (and really show how stupid we are as a species) people actually put money on the world ending at bookmakers. If they won I wonder how they expected to collect it?

Do you know what is funny (and really show how stupid we are as a species) people actually put money on the world ending at bookmakers. If they won I wonder how they expected to collect it?

hahaha that's funny, yet depressing at the same time, knowing that people like that are among us. They are hard to spot, they blend in, like idiocy ninjas lol :lol:

hahaha that's funny, yet depressing at the same time, knowing that people like that are among us. They are hard to spot, they blend in, like idiocy ninjas lol :lol:

:lol: sadly I think they are everywhere.

I have another question. What causes the same phenomena to be stronger in nature than in the LHC? I read that in the LHC, the particles are traveling at 99.9% the speed of light... so if it can't go any faster than that, what else is making it so much more powerful in nature than in the LHC, as claimed?

ok ok ok forget all the drama and stuff about what it does and the end of the world here is a question when will it be possible to ride it? I mean can they send a person on this thing it would be awesomeness

ok ok ok forget all the drama and stuff about what it does and the end of the world here is a question when will it be possible to ride it? I mean can they send a person on this thing it would be awesomeness

No you will die.

As far as I know.

I have another question. What causes the same phenomena to be stronger in nature than in the LHC? I read that in the LHC, the particles are traveling at 99.9% the speed of light... so if it can't go any faster than that, what else is making it so much more powerful in nature than in the LHC, as claimed?

99.9% leaves a lot of room before you get to 100%. Cosmic Ray particles are created in reactions which are MUCH more energetic than the LHC.

See ! just look what that thing did in Texas! It spun up a hell of a twhirrley storm. Now who you going to call?