Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bush-Cheney ensure Obama next President

My fine feathered friends

People are just fed up with these arrogant, holier than thou, can't touch me, attitudes these two, and the cabinet

members exhibit. The constitution has be around over 200 years yet Bush felt a need to change it, because it wasn't

good enough for him. The geneva convention has been around since 1863, yet in the "WAR" on terror we don't have

pow's, we have "enemy combatants". I in no way shape or form support these terrorist, but we have laws that just

don't apply to Bush or Cheney. Executive privilege, flat refusal to comply, breaking laws knowingly. He even pardoned

himself against possible warcrimes. Everyone I have talked to supports the troops, but not one person that I have ever

asked supports this war, not one. So you can see, they have handed Obama the keys to the whitehouse, because

Americans will say "enough is enough".

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MasterPo

• Caesar

• Sherapy

• My fine feathered friends

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope you're right. But never underestimate the stupidity of the American voters (See Bush, Ventura, Bono, Helms, Schwartzeneger,Reagan etc)

The geneva convention has been around since 1863, yet in the "WAR" on terror we don't have

pow's, we have "enemy combatants". I in no way shape or form support these terrorist, but we have laws that just

don't apply to Bush or Cheney. Executive privilege, flat refusal to comply, breaking laws knowingly.

According to the Third Geneva Convention, detained Taliban, Al Qaeda or any other ‘foreign fighter’, by the Convention’s definition of POW, do not fall under the status of POW. But even if they were POW’s, the Geneva Convention allows for their detention until the 'cessation of hostilities'.

I hope you're right. But never underestimate the stupidity of the American voters (See Bush, Ventura, Bono, Helms, Schwartzeneger,Reagan etc)

Rosie Odonell endorsing Obama.

There you go, now that is beyond stupidity if you still vote for Obama.

People are just fed up with these arrogant, holier than thou, can't touch me, attitudes these two, and the cabinet

members exhibit. The constitution has be around over 200 years yet Bush felt a need to change it, because it wasn't

good enough for him. The geneva convention has been around since 1863, yet in the "WAR" on terror we don't have

don't apply to Bush or Cheney. Executive privilege, flat refusal to comply, breaking laws knowingly. He even pardoned

himself against possible warcrimes. Everyone I have talked to supports the troops, but not one person that I have ever

asked supports this war, not one. So you can see, they have handed Obama the keys to the whitehouse, because

Why does the left keep saying no more Bush or Cheney, they are not running. I could say the same about Obama voting 97% with the do nothing congress with an aproval rating of 18% vs bush at 38% with McCain voiting 90% with Bush

I think it was in only one year that Obama piled up one billion dollars in pork barrel projects.

If the change is more pork barrel than ever before, I don't thing the change is a good one that he wants.

I'm a Canadian yet I plead to you to watch Ron Paul's Speech today from the National Press Club.. http://ronpaulnews.net/2008/09/video-ron-p...press-club.html

I think it was in only one year that Obama piled up one billion dollars in pork barrel projects.

Obama hasn’t asked for any earmarks this year. Last year, he asked for $311 million worth, about $25 for every Illinois resident. Alaska asked this year for earmarks totaling $198 million, about $295 for every Alaska citizen.

All of which are available for browsing.

He's requested $740 million total in his nearly four years in the Senate and received about $220 million of that.

Now where does Obama stand on earmarks which eat up a whopping 0.6% of the federal budget? Well, he doesn't believe they're evil (they don't all fund bridges to nowhere; some expand hospitals or provide after school programs for at-risk teens, etc). However, he did sign onto Jim DeMint's one year moratorium on earmarks (Obama Cosponsors One-Year Moratorium on All Congressional Earmarks), saying:

"However, even with all of these reforms, I have come to believe that the system is broken. We can no longer accept a process that doles out earmarks based on a member of Congress' seniority, rather than the merit of the project. We can no longer accept an earmarks process that has become so complicated to navigate that a municipality or non-profit group has to hire high-priced D.C. lobbyists to do it. And we can no longer accept an earmarks process in which many of the projects being funded fail to address the real needs of our country."

As the name of the bill suggests, Obama helped to write and pass the Coburn-Obama bill (Senate Passes Coburn-Obama Bill to Create Internet Database of Federal Spending) creating http://www.usaspending.gov/ to make it easier to track where money is going.

The OP raises one of the more interesting debates in US Constitutional Law Theory - exactly how much freedom of action does the Executive Branch have, and to what degree can Congress restrict them via laws? Can Congress only restrain the President by either impeachment or cutting off funding, or can Congress pass laws that limit authority given to the President in the Constitution (which is rather vague as it is)?

Why does the left keep saying no more Bush or Cheney, they are not running. I could say the same about Obama voting 97% with the do nothing congress with an aproval rating of 18% vs bush at 38% with McCain voiting 90% with Bush

Ditto.

Obama is Clinton 3rd term.

"Bush pardoned himself against war crimes." :lol:

This is the dumbest thread I have seen in weeks.

The OP raises one of the more interesting debates in US Constitutional Law Theory - exactly how much freedom of action does the Executive Branch have, and to what degree can Congress restrict them via laws? Can Congress only restrain the President by either impeachment or cutting off funding, or can Congress pass laws that limit authority given to the President in the Constitution (which is rather vague as it is)?

Actually, I think you deserve the credit for raising those questions. The OP was nothing more than a simplistic rant.

My best fiend d says this all the time ...what we have an abundance of is ignorance( the not knowing kind) and that's who votes....*shrugs*

My best fiend d says this all the time ...what we have an abundance of is ignorance( the not knowing kind) and that's who votes....*shrugs*

We (on this side ;) ) feel the same way about the Clintons, Obama, Kerry, Edwards.. etc.

It's all a matter of one's perspective, beliefs, views... etc.

We (on this side ;) ) feel the same way about the Clintons, Obama, Kerry, Edwards.. etc.

It's all a matter of one's perspective, beliefs, views... etc.

I didn't vote for any of them, :rofl:

I don't think the system itself is very sophisticated, nor would I ever think that the best way to effect change is through the systems such as politics.....

politics is the art of deception and BS and now adays a big soap opera...lol.......

the best way to effect change is to use your life to live the change that one finds themselves passionate about......IMO...

the republican party represents religious ideology and that has nothing to do with growth or progress .....

They only wish McCain/Palin were on the ropes.

Sounds like even Biden is having second thoughts. ;)

EDIT - Ooops, wrong thread. But still effective.

Edited by MasterPo