Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

2008 Election - voting machines working OK?

little_dreamer

I haven't heard much about safeguards built into the presidential election for 2008.

This would be to avoid another debacle in the year 2000 with the Bush and Gore results,

or we will have to worry again about "hanging chads", etc.

There has been some paranoia about electronic voting and how that could be rigged by system insiders.

There are supposed to be auditors working for both major parties.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• little_dreamer

• AROCES

• Wickian

• IrishAidan07

Top Posters In This Topic

No s. The plural of chad is chad.

Learned that from a movie. LOL.

But I am interested in knowing what safeguards are in place, as well. When it comes to computers, they are only as reliable as their firewall.

Edited by IrishAidan

No s. The plural of chad is chad.

Learned that from a movie. LOL.

But I am interested in knowing what safeguards are in place, as well. When it comes to computers, they are only as reliable as their firewall.

My whole world has been turned upside down, since when can I not use a plural form of my name! I demand verification of this strange grammar loophole!

Those things only comes up when the Democrat don't win. For some reason they believe the ONLY reason they lose an election, is when the Rep cheats or the voting machines are defective and tampered with. :rofl:

Edited by AROCES

OK, so all the technical bugs in the system have been worked out, and we learned any lessons that needed to be learned from the 2000 election.

It's not easy sometimes for working people with young families to go out to vote. you have to wait in line a while sometimes.

I just wanted to be sure our votes were not going to be sucked into an electronic black hole somewhere.

It's not easy sometimes for working people with young families to go out to vote. you have to wait in line a while sometimes.

I just wanted to be sure our votes were not going to be sucked into an electronic black hole somewhere.

Check into voting absentee ballot. That's what I do. It's much more convenient for me because of my work.