Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Obama plagarizes political cartoon

KingTomis

On September 9th Obama said the following:

Let’s just list this for a second. John McCain says he’s about change, too. Except — and so I guess his whole angle is, “Watch out, George Bush, except for economic policy, health-care policy, tax policy, education policy, foreign policy, and Karl Rove-style politics. We’re really gonna shake things up in Washington.” That’s not change. That’s just calling some — the same thing, something different. But you know, you can — you know, you can put lipstick on a pig; it’s still a pig.

On September 5th the following was published:

linked-image

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/opini...2008&type=c

So who said Biden's years of experience wouldn't come in handy?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KingTomis

• Harte

• HKCavalier

• Plainbob13

Top Posters In This Topic

Sigh. Last night, on his nationally broadcast interview on MSNBC he credited the cartoonist. Try again.

After checking up on it more it seems Obama credited the cartoonist after the Washington Post contacted him about the plagiarism.

On Tuesday, for the third time in four days, Obama borrowed a lengthy bubble quote from Washington Post cartoonist Tom Toles. He did not acknowledge the origin of the quote the first time he used it and credited the cartoon only after the Post contacted the Obama campaign to ask about the first use.

Obama delivered the same applause line during speeches in Terre Haute, Ind., on Saturday and Farmington Hills, Mich., on Monday. Only during the Monday event did he attribute the line to a cartoonist.

“You know, there was a cartoon the other day, it’s true,” he said before repeating the line. “So this is just a bunch of empty talk.”

Asked about the lifting of Toles’ line, Obama campaign spokesman Ben LaBolt said that the candidate did not initially know the source of the line, which he had gotten from a friend.

“This came to Senator Obama from a friend who didn’t indicate where he had gotten it from, but the questions it raises certainly continue to ring true,” LaBolt told FOXNews.com.

“He did not know it was from a cartoon and when he was informed that it was, he credited the cartoonist.” LaBolt said.

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/09/10/ob...campaign-trail/

economic policy, health-care policy, tax policy, education policy, foreign policy, and Karl Rove-style politics

All things that should be changed, no?

Obama credited it only AFTER he was caught plagiarizing. Biden did the same thing in the 1980's and promptly withdrew from the Presidential race.

Obama credited it only AFTER he was caught plagiarizing. Biden did the same thing in the 1980's and promptly withdrew from the Presidential race.

How sad. It turns out Sen. Joe Biden, first-class plagiarizer, is a better man than the guy at the top of the ticket this time around. Good thing is that even the "gaga-for-Obama" media seems to be starting to realize what a loser this guy really is.

How sad. It turns out Sen. Joe Biden, first-class plagiarizer, is a better man than the guy at the top of the ticket this time around. Good thing is that even the "gaga-for-Obama" media seems to be starting to realize what a loser this guy really is.

Funny how you say that now, following days of misleading stories being posted on the front pages. Hell, they weren't even misleading, they were outright lies.

Of course he is a loser. The word loser is synonymous with politician. Seriously though, it's very hard to take your posts seriously with a Giuliani quote... *thinks about Giuliani* :blink:

I'm for McCain, but I don't think Obama is such a "loser."

IMO, in this election year we are very fortunate, compared to many, many previous years, in that either choice appears to basically have at least some of what it takes. To me, that means the ability to stand up to their own party hacks.

That ain't happened in a while.

Harte

What happened?

Did every partisan hack here swoon over the unbiased statement I made at the end of this thread?

Harte

What happened?

Did every partisan hack here swoon over the unbiased statement I made at the end of this thread?

Harte

First time I have seen it (way too many 2008 US Presidential election threads) ....

But as I have stated in earlier posts, I agree that Obama is a much better choice than Hilary Clinton. If Obama does win, at least I will be able to say "At least it's not Hilary".

:yes: