Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Do the Republicans think McCain / Palin

sear

Republican's are bad stupid and the devil, Obama is the saving grace of the world!

My sentiments exactly.

;)

I am Republican and I am not bad, stupid or the devil. (Good thing I don't take things personally! :P)

If you got to know me ... you would probably like me a lot actually! :yes:

Oh... and I don't see anything Obama can do for me or the world... but good luck with that.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ninjadude

• Caesar

• AROCES

• BlindMessiah

Your thread is pointless and a waste of time. What EVIDENCE is there that the Republicans are "on the ropes", because you surely didn't offer any. Simple citing the current estimate of EC votes has nothing to do with your thread.

"It's a COMMON STATEMENT!" IA

Not only that, it was a common linguistic feature of Obama's stump, before the Republican convention.

So if the charge is personal disparagement, the Dems. might plausibly counter-charge that the choice of words Palin used were patterned on Obama's stump, deliberately to provoke this Republican contrived (non)controversy.

I am Republican

Nobody is perfect.

If you got to know me ... you would probably like me a lot actually! :yes:

That would depend on whether or not you are married. :D

Oh... and I don't see anything Obama can do for me or the world... but good luck with that.

Well, surely even a 'publican girl would agree that no matter who is elected, things will improve.

Edited by IrishAidan

PS

"On the ropes? Not in the slightest." Sp

That's not the issue.

The question is, why would the Republicans resort to such a transparently bogus controversy. Simply reading a transcript, or hearing the speech demonstrates conclusively and indisputably that Obama was addressing the McCain ticket's economics; not the VP.

So it's not about who is on the ropes, or not. The issue is why the Republicans are acting as if they're on the ropes, to resort to such a flimsy, transparent, patently bogus ruse.

Insinuating that a successful woman who is running for VPOTUS is a pig in front of women (some of those women are still fuming from the dissing that he gave to another successful woman that had 18 million votes) will not go well with a good amount of them.

Well of course it would’nt go well! Like I said, I watched the whole thing live on TV and that wasn’t the case. He was talking about McCain and Bushes economic policy as the pig. He made absolutely no reference to Palin. I’m sure the McCain camp. is patting each other on the back over this one.

Baiting? Very well could be, but if he planned on baiting, it backfired amongst the undecided, independent women voters. Some Dem chicks too-I know that 'cause I'm dating one that he P.O.'ed with his very statement.

Then my suggestion is she needs to watch it and decide for herself instead of taking the GOP or someone elses word for it.

Like I said..Bad timing on his part. My girlfriend-a tried and true Democrat (she made me highlight that BTW) agrees..

Maybe it was bad timing or mearly the perception of bad timing, but what I’m hearing now is “me bull in china shop you tiptoe through tulips”. In other words it’s ok for McCain/Palin to use this analogy but not Obama/Biden.

Yeah, my better half is a hardcore Republican. She got excited when I told her I had decided to vote for McCain. Then this happened so I’m going to think about it some more. I just have a low tolerance for spinning and hyperbole. I know it wasn’t McCain or Palin who spun this personally so I’ll take that into consideration. Thank the stars Palin [herself personally] didn’t demand an apology because if she would have I wouldn’t vote for their ticket. Sorry, but the lipstick on a pig analogy was NOT in any way shape or form directed at Gov.Palin.

/whether he planned it or not..the perception that he did is undeniably there.

I’m well aware of the perception and the subsequent spin and a lot of folks fell for it hook, line and sinker.

//many women-Democrat or Republican, ARE proud of what Palin has done-they may not vote for her but they are still proud of her (mom of 5, mayor, Governor, VP candidate..)

I can relate to that. I may not be a woman but she has my respect!

Insinuating that a successful woman who is running for VPOTUS is a pig in front of women (some of those women are still fuming from the dissing that he gave to another successful woman that had 18 million votes) will not go well with a good amount of them. Baiting? Very well could be, but if he planned on baiting, it backfired amongst the undecided, independent women voters. Some Dem chicks too-I know that 'cause I'm dating one that he P.O.'ed with his very statement.

Like I said..Bad timing on his part. My girlfriend-a tried and true Democrat (she made me highlight that BTW) agrees..

/whether he planned it or not..the perception that he did is undeniably there.

//many women-Democrat or Republican, ARE proud of what Palin has done-they may not vote for her but they are still proud of her (mom of 5, mayor, Governor, VP candidate..)

HOW DARE YOU CALL WOMEN A PIECE OF TOBACCO EMITTING FUMES?!!! What's that? You didn't say that at all? But you said they were fuming... o I get it... like they were mad. So you weren't really saying they were fuming, just using a metaphor. You need to apologize anyway. Whether you planned it or not, the perception that you called woman pieces of tobacco is undeniably there.

PS

That's not the issue.

The question is, why would the Republicans resort to such a transparently bogus controversy. Simply reading a transcript, or hearing the speech demonstrates conclusively and indisputably that Obama was addressing the McCain ticket's economics; not the VP.

So it's not about who is on the ropes, or not. The issue is why the Republicans are acting as if they're on the ropes, to resort to such a flimsy, transparent, patently bogus ruse.

Ok, first of all, the topical question was, "Do republicans think they're on the ropes." So that was the issue.

Secondly, I already answered the second question. Smear tactics work because most people are either unintelligent or don't follow the news.

While I can see that he is calling Bush's policies a pig, and McCain's policies a pig with lipstick, not everyone has simply reading skills. In fact most people lack reading comprehension and the ability to use and interpret analogies or metaphors.

HOW DARE YOU CALL WOMEN A PIECE OF TOBACCO EMITTING FUMES?!!! What's that? You didn't say that at all? But you said they were fuming... o I get it... like they were mad. So you weren't really saying they were fuming, just using a metaphor. You need to apologize anyway. Whether you planned it or not, the perception that you called woman pieces of tobacco is undeniably there.

:lol:

I apologize for my post emitting the perception that women are tobacco..

Seriously..I do not believe for a moment that Obama was calling Palin a pig..I'm only saying that his timing (so soon after she made the reference) was simple bad judgment/verbal diarrhea.

If he had waited a couple of weeks to call the McCain/Palin plan for America 'lipstick on a pig' (which I do believe his intent was and perfectly acceptable for him to call his opponents ideas that during a campaign), it would have been a non-issue... McCain did use it to call Hilliarys plan that as well...Just not a week after she used the term 'lipstick'. If he had, it would have been a gaffe as well. Nothing more than a gaffe-just like Obama's was just a gaffe.

/calm down everyone...

//it will blow over

Edited by Pinky Floyd

Well of course it would’nt go well! Like I said, I watched the whole thing live on TV and that wasn’t the case. He was talking about McCain and Bushes economic policy as the pig. He made absolutely no reference to Palin. I’m sure the McCain camp. is patting each other on the back over this one.

Maybe it was bad timing or mearly the perception of bad timing, but what I’m hearing now is “me bull in china shop you tiptoe through tulips”. In other words it’s ok for McCain/Palin to use this analogy but not Obama/Biden.

You are worse than McCain if you think we're buying this.

That last line above is the silliest thing I've seen at U-M this week. If you think the dispute is about who gets to use the analogy, then you're too dang stupid to vote anyway.

It's obvious to me that you're not that stupid, so where does that leave us?

There is no question at all that Obama said this with the full knowkledge that he was referring to Palin.

The audience obviously knew it as well.

But I say - so what?

What I don't say is some happy crap about how wrong the other side is and how stupid people are that listen.

Yeah, my better half is a hardcore Republican. She got excited when I told her I had decided to vote for McCain. Then this happened so I’m going to think about it some more.

Where were you when Obama did almost exactly the same thing to Bill Clinton?

Did that cause you to decide to "think about it some more?"

I just have a low tolerance for spinning and hyperbole.

Geez, you wouldn't know it from the pretense of naivete in your post.

Harte

Edited by Harte

I think the whole lipstick thing was stupid. people want to listen on what they plan to do with the economy jobs and when we are going to start drilling.

Obama plans on raising taxes. McCain doesn't. Niether plan on cutting spending. So the question is do you want higher taxes and prices or just higher prices.

Edited by danielost

Obama plans on raising taxes. McCain doesn't.

Obama offers a larger tax cut to 95% of the population than does McCain.

Lame, dude.

You should phrase it as allowing tax cuts to expire. McCain was previously all for it, until he realized that, this one year, he just might win the nomination.

No need to play with statistics. Obama wants to let the Bush tax cuts expire - but only the ones for the "rich."

(Assuming you buy that anyone making over 100,000 dollars per year or thereabouts is "rich.")

At least he isn't doing what the Dems usually do, marching around in circles and chanting "tax cuts for the rich...tax cuts for the rich...tax cuts for the rich..."

Might as well chant "eat the rich...eat the rich...eat the rich..."

Harte

Edited by Harte

Obama plans on raising taxes. McCain doesn't. Niether plan on cutting spending. So the question is do you want higher taxes and prices or just higher prices.

So how do you plan on actually PAYING for Bush's war? Good looks? It is not paid for by a long shot. Repubs have a myopic view of things.

So how do you plan on actually PAYING for Bush's war? Good looks? It is not paid for by a long shot. Repubs have a myopic view of things.

Didn't Biden and congress vote for the war? how are we going to pay for fixing social security and medicare and add universal healthcare? I think the war in Iraq will cost less then the man-made global warming war the left wants to launch, and it seems to me that we have more proof for going into Iraq then Gore's Doomsday man-made global warming.

That is where the price increase for Obama comes in.

That isn't the point is it. The point is that niether of them are planning on paying for it.

So how do you plan on actually PAYING for Bush's war?

Cut education funding, then get rid of the old bureaucrats and system, education will be more sucessful then with less money.

Edited by AROCES

Cut education funding...

Or stop corporate welfare.

how are we going to pay for fixing social security and medicare and add universal healthcare?

Certainly not by following the republican history of pouring money down a hole in Iraq.

That isn't the point is it. The point is that niether of them are planning on paying for it.

That's exactly it. At some point, someone has to pay for it.

Cut education funding, then get rid of the old bureaucrats and system, education will be more sucessful then with less money.

What you got against education? You repubs had years to "get rid of the old bureucrats". Didn't do anything. You'all talk big and do nothing but SPEND MONEY.