Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Do the Republicans think McCain / Palin

sear

That's exactly it. At some point, someone has to pay for it.

The next generation. Ask the idiots in washington that is what they think.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ninjadude

• Caesar

• AROCES

• BlindMessiah

What you got against education? You repubs had years to "get rid of the old bureucrats". Didn't do anything. You'all talk big and do nothing but SPEND MONEY.

Don't blame this all on republicans. This is the only thing that is truly bi-partison.

Certainly not by following the republican history of pouring money down a hole in Iraq.

How long do you think we are going to stay in Iraq? how long will we be paying for fixing social security, medicare universal healthcare, and fighting global warming?

Don't blame this all on republicans. This is the only thing that is truly bi-partison.

Republican Congress. Republican President. Did nothing but spend money and take vacations. Who would you blame it on?

Republican Congress. Republican President. Did nothing but spend money and take vacations. Who would you blame it on?

The Republican Congress did nothing but spend and they got removed, the democrats are doing even worst with an 18% aproval rating and is known as the "do nothing Congress" that Obama voted 97% with

How long do you think we are going to stay in Iraq? how long will we be paying for fixing social security, medicare universal healthcare, and fighting global warming?

I expect that if McCain is elected, a major presence will remain in Iraq and at least one more war will be started. Probably many more. Since the military won't be able to handle it, he will institute a draft. Tax increases will follow. middle class will collapse.

Social security is a program setup forever. You want to opt out? Sorry I don't agree.

Universal healthcare. In Obama's plan, again would be setup forever. It's not a total hand out. You still have to pay premiums just like now.

Global warming. Is not necesarrily a cost burden. It could be. But it is a change in regulations, philosophy, and daily lives of people.

I know you don't want to hear about these issues but you should read up. link

The Republican Congress did nothing but spend and they got removed, the democrats are doing even worst with an 18% aproval rating and is known as the "do nothing Congress" that Obama voted 97% with

Easy there. The democratic congress got elected primarily for one issue. To end the Iraq war. They have failed in that regard. Even I give them a poor approval for that. As you already know, the Repubs in Congress and Repub President are still able to block completely most any other legislation. Since neither is willing to compromise, nothing happens. I expect that will eventually change as people realize that the Repubs did nothing but spend money for 8 years when it was smooth sailing and now completely block most all issues.

No the demos did something they caved on every issue that they thought was important.

No the demos did something they caved on every issue that they thought was important.

During the years after GWB's election, they did not have the votes to block legislation like the repubs do now regularly.

During the years after GWB's election, they did not have the votes to block legislation like the repubs do now regularly.

What are you talking about. The demos blocked the appointment of over 200 judges.

I expect that if McCain is elected, a major presence will remain in Iraq and at least one more war will be started. Probably many more. Since the military won't be able to handle it, he will institute a draft. Tax increases will follow. middle class will collapse.

Most left wingers say the same nonsense, I guess he'll just not go to Congress for a vote right?

Social security is a program setup forever. You want to opt out? Sorry I don't agree.

I think it either really needs much more money or it must be replaced

Universal healthcare. In Obama's plan, again would be setup forever. It's not a total hand out. You still have to pay premiums just like now.

this sounds like Social security, it will cost more money then you think. after fixing Social security and Medicare this will put us in a very deep hole on top of that Obama wants a tax cut. you cant do both plus fight global warming

Global warming. Is not necesarrily a cost burden. It could be. But it is a change in regulations, philosophy, and daily lives of people.

and could cost over 1 to 3 % of gdp a year

I know you don't want to hear about these issues but you should read up. link

I don't have the time to keep up with these issues that change every week and make no sense

Source

NS: If we do such reductions well, it will cost around 1 percent of the world's gross domestic product, subject to pluses or minuses. You must think in terms of ranges rather than just point estimates. A rich country, say, spends 4 percent of GDP or so on primary energy. If the effective cost of energy went up 30 to 40 percent, that figure would go up 1 to 1.5 percent. It could be less if we learn quickly; find more energy efficiency. It could be more if we do it badly. Still, I think it's a very reasonable insurance premium to pay for the kinds of damages to be avoided.

What you got against education? You repubs had years to "get rid of the old bureucrats". Didn't do anything. You'all talk big and do nothing but SPEND MONEY.

Spend money?

The United States has been attacked right here at home and we responded, now we know you don't like our respond for it cost money. :rolleyes:

Edited by AROCES

Certainly not by following the republican history of pouring money down a hole in Iraq.

The Democrats can stop funding for Iraq now and that will erase much of the deficit, and they won't even introduce the bill.

Same Dem who voted with the Rep for the funding in the first place.

The middle class will collapse. :lol: Tax increases. A draft? That sounds like the result of Obama's policies.

Simple doing NOTHING about the oil situation or Iran isn't going to improve either situation. Are you seriously supporting Iran having nuclear weapons? Obama wants to discuss it and maybe bring it up at the UN. Whoops....Russia has veto power...forgot about that didn't he. :lol:

Edited by Aztec Warrior

Tax increases. A draft? That sounds like the result of Obama's policies.

Yeah! I'm rubber, you're glue!

You tell 'em, professor!

Yeah! I'm rubber, you're glue!

You tell 'em, professor!

:D You don't need to call me Professor. That discussion was in response to Obama's University teaching experience and comparing it to my own. Look, I mostly like Obama, but I disagree with his Democratic policies and I don't think 3 or 4 years in the Senate is sufficient experience. Give him 8 or ten with some business experience and he could be a real good leader.

What are you talking about. The demos blocked the appointment of over 200 judges.

In committee. That was a good thing. I'm ecstatic about that.

Spend money?

The United States has been attacked right here at home and we responded, now we know you don't like our respond for it cost money. :rolleyes:

Iraq attacked the US? Call the papers!! Do you run out and shoot your neighbors when it rains?

Are you seriously supporting Iran having nuclear weapons? Obama wants to discuss it and maybe bring it up at the UN.

No I don't. However starting a war using the Bush doctrine as you advocate is criminal in my opinion.

On the lipstick issue: I really don't think it was the actual words that were so offensive; it is a phrase used many times in politics.

It was Obama's timing on it..Using it so soon after Palin used it to differentiate between a hockey mom and a pit-bull just a few scant days before was foolish. If he were to have waited for a couple of weeks (at least), it would be a non-issue..

Obama picked his timing because it was a slam against women not being in "their place."

This is hardly the first time he has done that.

On Hillary Clinton

"You know over the last several weeks since she fell behind, she's resorted to what's called 'kitchen sink' strategies," Obama said, per ABC News' Sunlen Miller. "She's got the kitchen sink flying, and the china flying, and the, you know, the buffet is coming at me.

source

Edited by Bella-Angelique

No I don't. However starting a war using the Bush doctrine as you advocate is criminal in my opinion.

Congratulations! You've picked up a new phrase. Now if you can just work "neocon" into "Bush doctrine," you'll be in seventh heaven.

Congratulations! You've picked up a new phrase. Now if you can just work "neocon" into "Bush doctrine," you'll be in seventh heaven.

cute. But I and most people I know are well aware of what the bush doctrine of criminal preventative war is and what necon's created it and now are trying to weasle out of it.

This is hardly the first time he has done that.

This is hardly the first time that McCain has made sexist and racist remarks. I don't recall you having a fit about them.

Iraq attacked the US? Call the papers!! Do you run out and shoot your neighbors when it rains?

Did Afghanistan attack us? Call the papers!!!

Yeah, I shoot a neighbor who been shooting around and been threatening to shoot again.

And an Obama or Clinton doctrine is not, right? :rolleyes: