Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Do the Republicans think McCain / Palin

sear

Did Afghanistan attack us? Call the papers!!!

He did say that... but ya, getting sick of the straw men on both sides. It just gets annoying.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ninjadude

• Caesar

• danielost

• BlindMessiah

QUOTE (Aztec Warrior @ Sep 13 2008, 12:15 PM) *

Are you seriously supporting Iran having nuclear weapons? Obama wants to discuss it and maybe bring it up at the UN.

No I don't. However starting a war using the Bush doctrine as you advocate is criminal in my opinion.

I have never advocated starting a war nor have I ever voiced an opinion regarding the "Bush Doctrine". What I have stated is that doing NOTHING about Iranian nukes is akin to having no policy at all....and that is dangerous.

Next time, at least try to put a little effort and quote me as opposed to putting words in my mouth. :tu:

QUOTE (Aztec Warrior @ Sep 13 2008, 12:15 PM) *

Are you seriously supporting Iran having nuclear weapons? Obama wants to discuss it and maybe bring it up at the UN.

I have never advocated starting a war nor have I ever voiced an opinion regarding the "Bush Doctrine". What I have stated is that doing NOTHING about Iranian nukes is akin to having no policy at all....and that is dangerous.

Next time, at least try to put a little effort and quote me as opposed to putting words in my mouth. :tu:

You and others disparage diplomacy. Then what exactly are you advocating. Lot's of saber rattling?

You and others disparage diplomacy. Then what exactly are you advocating. Lot's of saber rattling?

There you go again. Where have I disparaged diplomacy? The only thing I have disparaged is a policy of DO NOTHING.There is a time for diplomacy and a time to realize when diplomacy has not worked.

From today's headlines.

Iran stalls probe into alleged atom bomb research: IAEA

By Mark Heinrich 2 hours, 51 minutes ago

VIENNA (Reuters) - A U.N. inquiry into intelligence allegations of secret atom bomb research in Iran has reached a standstill because of Iranian non-cooperation, an International Atomic Energy Agency report said on Monday. link

Edited by Aztec Warrior

I don't normally take the side of Republicans, but I have to here. I think it is dangerous to talk anything out with Iran. If you can't tell their president is absolutely nuts by the statements he makes in public, then you are as crazy as he is. Allowing him to come anywhere near uranium is dangerous. Simply put. We've tried talking to him - he doesn't listen. By continuing the talks, as Obama proposes, you're just giving him more time to develop nuclear technology. We need stiff economic sanctions immediately, until he cooperates. If he chooses not to cooperate, then let Israel handle it their way.

Edited by IrishAidan

Yes, I don't see how Iran is a US problem. If they ever come close to developing a nuclear warhead Israel will strike. Israel is very familar with the Bush Doctrine.

There you go again. Where have I disparaged diplomacy? The only thing I have disparaged is a policy of DO NOTHING.There is a time for diplomacy and a time to realize when diplomacy has not worked.

Ok if you say so. But that still does not answer what you want to do now? The majority of your kind are ready to bomb Iran today. But even if you're wanting diplomacy then your view appears to agree that a "preventative" preemptive war is available aka the "Bush Doctrine". I do not. And feel that it is most likely criminal if not immoral.

I don't normally take the side of Republicans, but I have to here. I think it is dangerous to talk anything out with Iran. If you can't tell their president is absolutely nuts by the statements he makes in public, then you are as crazy as he is. Allowing him to come anywhere near uranium is dangerous. Simply put. We've tried talking to him - he doesn't listen. By continuing the talks, as Obama proposes, you're just giving him more time to develop nuclear technology. We need stiff economic sanctions immediately, until he cooperates. If he chooses not to cooperate, then let Israel handle it their way.

It has been pointed out to the cons on this board numerous times that the president of Iran is NOT the only person involved - crazy or not. By any streach. Your beloved president has repeatedly said he will NOT talk to Iran directly. So don't give me that we have tried diplomacy lie again. Just because the Bushies say something does not make it true. In fact, usually quite the opposite.

Ok if you say so. But that still does not answer what you want to do now? The majority of your kind are ready to bomb Iran today.

Only in your twisted little world

Only in your twisted little world

McCain goes on and on about Bomb Bomb Iran. You guys "claim" he is winning. QED.

Not on you tube

Did you watch the clips? They were McCain interviews... he sang let's bomb bomb bomb bomb Iran... then in the second link he defended himself. You asked for a source of McCain saying bomb bomb bomb bomb Iran. I provided one. Deal with it.

Did you watch the clips? They were McCain interviews... he sang let's bomb bomb bomb bomb Iran... then in the second link he defended himself. You asked for a source of McCain saying bomb bomb bomb bomb Iran. I provided one. Deal with it.

I want to read the whole thing not some part of it on youtube

It has been pointed out to the cons on this board numerous times that the president of Iran is NOT the only person involved - crazy or not. By any streach. Your beloved president has repeatedly said he will NOT talk to Iran directly. So don't give me that we have tried diplomacy lie again. Just because the Bushies say something does not make it true. In fact, usually quite the opposite.

After all that nut has said publicly, would you bother to talk to him?

I doubt it.

Edited by IrishAidan

It is very shallow thinking to believe it is a Iran v. Bush situation. I guess the Europeans never tried diplomacy either. At what point does diplomacy fail? In your book I guess that would be after Iran has nuked some city. Here is today's headline about the bully in the gulf. Maybe you should go over there and sing silly peace not war chants with them, because they are so reasonable.

Iran boasts its forces can control the Gulf

Sep 16 10:31 AM US/Eastern

Iran has the power to control the Gulf as no vessel can cross the vital seaway without coming in range of its sophisticated weaponry, a top aide to supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei said on Tuesday.

The sabre-rattling comments from General Rahim Yahya Safavi came a day after the International Atomic Energy Agency accused Iran of stalling its investigation into the country's nuclear drive.

"Responsibility for defending the Persian Gulf has been handed over to the naval forces of the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps," Safavi was quoted as saying by the official news agency IRNA. link

You are worse than McCain if you think we're buying this.

In other words, you did'nt watch the townhall meeting either or maybe I'm assuming you didnt. Or maybe I'm misunderstanding your comment.

That last line above is the silliest thing I've seen at U-M this week. If you think the dispute is about who gets to use the analogy, then you're too dang stupid to vote anyway.

I was'nt the originator of making it an issue. I was replying to someone who did.

It's obvious to me that you're not that stupid, so where does that leave us?

I would suggest reading my reply to Pinky Floyd's post again. It is possible you mis-read.

There is no question at all that Obama said this with the full knowkledge that he was referring to Palin.

And you know this for a fact how? You don't, your assuming.

The audience obviously knew it as well.

And you know this for a fact how? You don't, your assuming again.

But I say - so what?

What I don't say is some happy crap about how wrong the other side is and how stupid people are that listen.

Your words, not mine. I said watch it for yourself and decide.

Where were you when Obama did almost exactly the same thing to Bill Clinton?

Did that cause you to decide to "think about it some more?"

In fact it did.

Geez, you wouldn't know it from the pretense of naivete in your post.

Harte

Again, your assuming.

Fact is, I think both candidates have good qualities. I want reasons TO vote for one or the other and I still havent decided.

I just feel that how a campaign is managed is somehow indicative of how they will manage the Whitehouse. [my turn to assume]

Edited by Stardrive

It is very shallow thinking to believe it is a Iran v. Bush situation. I guess the Europeans never tried diplomacy either. At what point does diplomacy fail? In your book I guess that would be after Iran has nuked some city. Here is today's headline about the bully in the gulf. Maybe you should go over there and sing silly peace not war chants with them, because they are so reasonable.

Shallow? Really. I thought the US State Department was part of the EXECUTIVE branch that is headed by GWB. GWB has said he will not talk with Iran. Nice try deflecting to Europe. They already think the GWB administration is nuts and are not participating with it. I asked you the question when diplomacy fails. You have to actually START it before it can fail. Nice try demeaning peace. Really nice to have you in the neighborhood. Comrade. I see you can link to statements from Iran. But have blinders on when the US does the exact same thing.

Edited by ninjadude

Shallow? Really. I thought the US State Department was part of the EXECUTIVE branch that is headed by GWB. GWB has said he will not talk with Iran. Nice try deflecting to Europe. They already think the GWB administration is nuts and are not participating with it. I asked you the question when diplomacy fails. You have to actually START it before it can fail. Nice try demeaning peace. Really nice to have you in the neighborhood. Comrade. I see you can link to statements from Iran. But have blinders on when the US does the exact same thing.

You Liberals just never learn, you want endless dialogue for the sake of peace and in the mean time the Mahmouds of the world keeps getting stronger and nothing really gets done except the show of us being peace lovers and using diplomacy.

Look at Kim of N Korea, Clinton used diplomacy, talked to him, made a deal with him and after all that all they can say is Kim tricked them.

Bush then cut the dialogue and put pressure on Kim instead to agree to certain things before talking. and now No Korea has opened up and we now are talking to them.

See how it works?

It is very shallow thinking to believe it is a Iran v. Bush situation. I guess the Europeans never tried diplomacy either.

They tried it with Hitler.

At what point does diplomacy fail?

The moment he invaded Poland..The same way it will fail when Dinnerjacket launches a nuke at them..

I guess that would be after Iran has nuked some city.

Oh..I see you already covered that.. :tu:

Edited by Pinky Floyd

Didn't you just say google is your friend? The only people who thinks Bush is nuts, are the worldwide leftist's and liberals like yourself. I will post just ONE article for you from Tuesday's news. Try to do just a little research, will ya.

France pushing for more sanctions against Iran By JAMEY KEATEN, Associated Press Writer

Tue Sep 16, 10:12 AM ET

PARIS - The Security Council should impose more sanctions on Iran over its stonewalling of a U.N. investigation into allegations that Tehran tried to make nuclear weapons, France said Tuesday. link

If you dig a little deeper, you might remember that Sarkozy threatened to nuke Tehran about a year ago. Besides Russia, Cuba, Veneuzla and a few other nations, who is supporting Iran and it's drive to a nuclear weapon? Just the wack jobs on the left.