Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Palin Flunks First Foreign Policy Quiz

HKCavalier

Why would I be desperate. :lol:

RealClearPolitics Poll Averages

General Election: McCain vs. Obama

Poll Date Sample McCain ® Obama (D) Spread

RCP Average 09/05 - 09/11 -- 47.4 45.1 McCain +2.3

Newsweek 09/10 - 09/11 1038 RV 46 46 Tie

Gallup Tracking 09/09 - 09/11 2726 RV 48 45 McCain +3

Hotline/FD Tracking 09/09 - 09/11 913 RV 44 45 Obama +1

Rasmussen Tracking 09/09 - 09/11 3000 LV 48 45 McCain +3

Associated Press/GfK 09/05 - 09/10 812 LV 48 44 McCain +4

FOX News 09/08 - 09/09 900 RV 45 42 McCain +3

NBC News/Wall St. Jrnl 09/06 - 09/08 860 RV 45 46 Obama +1

ABC News/Wash Post 09/05 - 09/07 LV 49 47 McCain +2

USA Today/Gallup 09/05 - 09/07 823 LV 54 44 McCain +10

CBS News 09/05 - 09/07 655 RV 46 44 McCain +2

CNN/OpinionResearch 09/05 - 09/07 942 RV 48 48 Tie

When Mondale chose Ferraro in '84, he also got a large boost in the polls. Need I remind you how that turned out? Once the debates start and once the country gets to really see Sarah Palin, all the "excitement" will fizzle.

Obama/Biden '08

In the immortal words of Paris Hilton: "see you at the debates, b****es!"

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HKCavalier

• Startraveler

• Aztec Warrior

• Guardsman Bass

Well, the Q poll had a pretty impressive sample size: 1,367. Compare that to Cinci's 775 or Rasmussen's 500-ish (or the last CNN Ohio poll which had 685). The climate in Ohio has become increasingly favorable for Democrats. Obama just needs to follow Sherrod Brown's example: go everywhere (including the southern parts of the state) and talk about the economy. Throwing the Clintons out there on the stump wouldn't hurt, either.

You got one poll that shows McCain in anything but a statistical dead-heat. We'll both see how those numbers change as the country (including McCain and the GOP) get to know the extent of this candidate's ignorance.

Aztec, "this" candidate? The one we're discussion? The one named in the thread title? The candidate who's ignorance was demonstrated so thoroughly in her interview with Charlie Gibson? The candidate McCain (like the rest of us) barely knows? Not McCain. Do you not even try to read for comprehension?

I hate to burst anyone's positions-held-in-ignorance, but Gibson (in saying that it was enunciated in September 2002) was probably referring to the National Security Strategy of 2002 as published here. It was released on September 17, 2002, and includes what Gibson was getting at - a defense of pre-emptive defensive action. Look under the section titled "Prevent our enemies from threatening us, our allies, and our friends with weapons of mass destruction."

Gibson wouldn't be the first person I've heard referring to that document as the "Bush Doctrine"; a student I worked with who was studying Security Studies in International Relations referred to the strategy outlined in that document as the "Bush Doctrine".

the problem being the Bush Doctrine is a maleable term coined by the media, whose definition changes with each pundit that makes use of it...

the problem being the Bush Doctrine is a maleable term coined by the media, whose definition changes with each pundit that makes use of it...

That's true, but we're in large part talking about what Gibson was referring to, and I'm positive that he was referring to that document, NSS 2002. Which, by the way, would have been a highly useful document for Palin to know about and read.

Really? The Real Clear Politics website has a poll from the University of Cincinnati released yesterday that says McCain is up 4 points (which means it could go either way).

Indiana and Florida was also a tossup now its going more to McCain

I personally do not want a vice president who does not know what the Bush Doctrine is. How can she address the issue of the war which concerns many if she does not even know the history of the conflict and how the Bush Doctrine has radically changed American foreign policy. The general public might give her a pass because they do not even know what the Bush Doctrine is but that is no excuse for someone running on the national ticket.

2000; then 2004; and now again.

Dem's keep getting the Presidency served to them on a silver platter; and EVERY TIME, they CHOKE!!!!

:D

2000; then 2004; and now again.

Dem's keep getting the Presidency served to them on a silver platter; and EVERY TIME, they CHOKE!!!!

:D

I know the economy and Bush should have givin Obama the white house

I know the economy and Bush should have givin Obama the white house

should have? as if the election has already taken place??

please, don't trust the polls till about mid October. Better yet, don't trust the polls till Nov. 4th.

BOTTOM LINE

The switch from use of the correct term "policy" to the term "doctrine" when referring to a Republican policy is yet more of the uber far left liberal media propaganda machine at work.

As for where all of the lies spill out from, go back and check Newsweek Fact Check site

Obama could not even keep from lying in his big convention speech

It would appear Obama's Doctrine is to not tell the truth anywhere, ever

He is more like Bush in that regard than any other candidate, not much change there

should have? as if the election has already taken place??

please, don't trust the polls till about mid October. Better yet, don't trust the polls till Nov. 4th.

I just think its funny when people post about Palin flunking the policy quiz and the polls showing something else. I agree its early and that the polls are over rated. but if you look at Registered Voters vs. Likely Voters. McCain is leading by a bigger margin with Likely Voters. polls that used Likely Voters was much more acurate in the past and was dead on in the last election.

I strongly suggest that the next time the Democrats pick a black man to run they screen out those that are both racist and sexist like Obama.

I suggest John Lewis, a man who fought NAFTA harder than anyone else, a man with a record of integrity and love for ALL the people of the USA.

Now THIS is a man of the people. Link to John Lewis

Edited by Bella-Angelique

Because the republicans are not rascist or sexist? Please... That's their main theme.

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Activists at a conservative political forum snapped up boxes of waffle mix depicting Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama as a racial stereotype on its front and wearing Arab-like headdress on its top flap.

link

Because the republicans are not rascist or sexist? Please... That's their main theme.

No, that is the propaganda theme the far left liberal media have promoted for decades.

But go ahead and put Biden in a wig and dress and maybe some can pretend that she is Hillary "throwing china."

(FYI - Islam is not a race, and Obama's visits to Kenya were to promote a type of communism mixed with Islam that his relative who was running for office in Kenya belongs to.)

Bella, you're way, way off topic. Please don't hijack this thread as you have so many others. And don't give me, "he started it." Just don't.

Bella, you're way, way off topic. Please don't hijack this thread as you have so many others. And don't give me, "he started it." Just don't.

Thank you mr moderator!

No, that is the propaganda theme the far left liberal media have promoted for decades.

Sounds like your on to something there Bella.. :tu:

As for the Republicans being sexist..Why is the 'sexist' Republican ticket with the one with the woman on it? And why is the Democrat 'Bringing Change' ticket glaringly absent of one? (hint: the woman that garnered just as many votes as Barry?)

Edited by Pinky Floyd

Gibson is the one who has flunked along with those here who cannot come to terms with the degree to which it was an unanswerable question due to the fact that there is no such (clearly defined) thing.

His general attitude was elitist condescension.

Palin did fine. Matter of fact, the more disrespect she is subjected to, the more real Americans get behind her, which has been exactly the net result of Gibson's elitist-adolescent performance.

GIBSON: What insight into Russian actions, particularly in the last couple of weeks, does the proximity of the state give you?

PALIN: They're our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska.

GIBSON: What insight into Russian actions, particularly in the last couple of weeks, does the proximity of the state give you?

PALIN: They're our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska.

That still cracks me up. But I guess if we ever end up living in a bad re-make of the movie Red Dawn, well - she'll be able to defer the decision to her second-in-command.

Sounds like your on to something there Bella.. :tu:

As for the Republicans being sexist..Why is the 'sexist' Republican ticket with the one with the woman on it?

John McCain: Hey Hillary supporters, vote for me! I have a woman on the ticket! Any one will do, right?

**Edit: I'll concede v***na was rather tasteless. Apologies

Edited by Aristocrates

John McCain: Hey Hillary supporters, vote for me! I have a vagina on the ticket! Any one will do, right?

Pretty silly post.

Makes you sound like a 5th grader at best.

Pretty much the low level of class we have come to expect from obamatons.

From what I've seen, Palin has about 95 percent approval from Alaskan Republicans and about 75 percent approval from Alaskan democrats for her record and performance there.

She's not just anyone and calling her a vagina says about all we need to know about you.

She's about as far as one can get from just another typical politician, and has the record to prove it.

About as far as one can get today from an elitist, degenerate, infantile, condescending narcissist.

Some here would do well to examine the real reasons they feel such venom toward her.

Pretty silly post.

Makes you sound like a 5th grader at best.

Pretty much the low level of class we have come to expect from obamatons.

From what I've seen, Palin has about 95 percent approval from Alaskan Republicans and about 75 percent approval from Alaskan democrats for her record and performance there.

She's not just anyone and calling her a vagina says about all we need to know about you.

She's about as far as one can get from just another typical politician, and has the record to prove it.

About as far as one can get today from an elitist, degenerate, infantile, condescending narcissist.

Some here would do well to examine the real reasons they feel such venom toward her.

Please.

Palin is such a transparent pick, don't even try to sugarcoat it.

Please.

Palin is such a transparent pick, don't even try to sugarcoat it.

Who here is coating what with what?

From Sept 2nd:

American Viewpoint Alaska General Election Poll

(And no, polls are not the last word but neither are they always completely meaningless)

McCain/Palin - 57%

Obama/Biden - 33%

Favorable Ratings For Sarah Palin

Favorable/Unfavorable - 86/10

Strongly Favorable - 63%

Approval Among Republicans - 97%

approval Among Democrats - 75%

Those kind of numbers don't just happen by accident or by sudden blind infatuation.

She is known as one who weeds out corruption because she has done a pretty bang-up job of it there, even against her own party.

Yet you don't consider that even worth acknowledging, much less important.

Such wanton cynicism is just unhealthy.