Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

McCain/Palin - Liars

IrishAidan07

Yet Obama and Biden voted in favor of the bridge to nowhere.

That's true.

And it is there fault for not reading the bill in its entirety before voting on it.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ninjadude

• Caesar

• IrishAidan07

• Startraveler

That's true.

And it is there fault for not reading the bill in its entirety before voting on it.

Yet Palin changed her mind, and made a better choice. Hmm, evidently those other dudes couldn't see clear to follow suit (to the better decision).

No one wants to cut spending. The only way out of the red is to cut spending or at least slow it down.

Repubs controlled congress for the 8 year before the last two. Where did they cut spending? Oh wait, they spent MORE than all previous governements combined.

So what is the point of your thread....politicians change their minds? Like Obama is now for drilling.

Obama is for drilling with restrictions now

Obama is for drilling with restrictions now

Only IF the repubs (who have been blocking most legistation) compromise on alternative energy and conservation. That's how it's supposed to work. If I give you this, you give me that. It's call compromise. Each side can hold their nose while they vote.

Only IF the repubs (who have been blocking most legistation) compromise on alternative energy and conservation. That's how it's supposed to work. If I give you this, you give me that. It's call compromise. Each side can hold their nose while they vote.

Congress controls the floor and on what bills will be voted on

Let's try again.

Republican candidate for governor Sarah Palin supports the airport bridge project, her spokesman says. Ms. Palin told KTUU-TV last week that she would look to the federal government to write more checks for the project.

--Anchorage Daily News, October 25, 2006

September 21, 2007:

“Ketchikan desires a better way to reach the airport, but the $398 million bridge is not the answer,” said Governor Palin. “Despite the work of our congressional delegation, we are about $329 million short of full funding for the bridge project, and it’s clear that Congress has little interest in spending any more money on a bridge between Ketchikan and Gravina Island,” Governor Palin added. “Much of the public’s attitude toward Alaska bridges is based on inaccurate portrayals of the projects here. But we need to focus on what we can do, rather than fight over what has happened.”

Does she oppose pork barrel spending or not?

Why are you posting an article from 2006 that has no bearing? The project was canceled. Who do you think canceled it?

Repubs controlled congress for the 8 year before the last two. Where did they cut spending? Oh wait, they spent MORE than all previous governements combined.

Only to be outspent by the current Democratic congress, which has the WORST approval rating in history.

Why are you posting an article from 2006 that has no bearing? The project was canceled. Who do you think canceled it?

Only to be outspent by the current Democratic congress, which has the WORST approval rating in history.

Because she was all for it previously. She only stopped it because it became nationally unpopular not because she didn't want to do it.

The current congress is unpopluar because of one single issue - failure to end the Iraq war. Instead the repubs blather on about drilling that will have no impact on gas prices.

Instead the repubs blather on about drilling that will have no impact on gas prices.

Really? What do you think caused the recent reduction in oil prices?

Could it be because McCain pulled ahead of Obama and it appears that "Drill, Baby, Drill" will win now?

Really? What do you think caused the recent reduction in oil prices?

Could it be because McCain pulled ahead of Obama and it appears that "Drill, Baby, Drill" will win now?

The oil prices are pegged to the flagging dollar. The dollar improved a bit. Also many speculative oil futures were sold recently which caused the price to go back down a bit. Americans cutting back on consumption had a small effect. Increased OPEC output had a small effect. Drill baby Drill will have no effect for decades.

The current congress is unpopluar because of one single issue - failure to end the Iraq war. Instead the repubs blather on about drilling that will have no impact on gas prices.

LOL thats funny! failure to end the Iraq war. then why does Bush do better in the polls then congress?

I think support for the Iraq war is getting better

Support for war effort highest since 2006

Americans’ Shifting Views on the Iraq War

Drilling will have a great impact on prices of oil and our economy just look at Alaska

LOL thats funny! failure to end the Iraq war. then why does Bush do better in the polls then congress?

Drilling will have a great impact on prices of oil and our economy just look at Alaska

Because there are 28% of Americans that would support him if he killed babies on the WH front lawn.

Drilling offshore in areas reserved will have no impact for decades. Drilling in existing areas is already going on. As you yourself has pointed out there are 4700 PRODUCING wells drilled recently with 15,000 in process.

The oil prices are pegged to the flagging dollar. The dollar improved a bit. Also many speculative oil futures were sold recently which caused the price to go back down a bit. Americans cutting back on consumption had a small effect. Increased OPEC output had a small effect. Drill baby Drill will have no effect for decades.

The price of oil has a huge impact on the dollar and inflation. the price of oil dropped due to the dollar getting better and other invester putting money into U.S. equities. other nations around the world using less oil due to economic slowdowns is the biggest factor of oil going down latley.

Because she was all for it previously. She only stopped it because it became nationally unpopular not because she didn't want to do it.

>>>Heh! So she changed her mind and did the correct, right thing. Like that's a bad thing. How did Barry and Joe vote? (Hint, the wrong way.)

>>>One single issue, eh? Heh, again. Double heh!

many speculative oil futures were sold recently which caused the price to go back down a bit.

Drill baby Drill will have no effect for decades.

I think you refuted yourself.

Because there are 28% of Americans that would support him if he killed babies on the WH front lawn.

You are sick if you believe that

Drilling offshore in areas reserved will have no impact for decades. Drilling in existing areas is already going on. As you yourself has pointed out there are 4700 PRODUCING wells drilled recently with 15,000 in process.

Drilling would make tens of thousands of new jobs with no costs from the government. just the idea that the U.S. would have ample sources for oil would do wonders to our economy it would let us use some oil we have in reserve.

no thats wrong. we have 4700 holes drilled but not making oil. most of those hole are made to meet government lease agreements. its one of the many hurdles of that deal.

I think you refuted yourself.

Speculative oil futures is a fake market construct. Drilling is a real thing. How is that refuting myself? If we choke off oil speculation, that will have an immediate effect on the price of oil - stablizing it to some degree. So you're claiming that "drill baby drill" is a PR campaign? You KNOW it will not have any effect on oil prices for decades but HOPE that it will affect oil futures now?! This sounds more like other typical repub plans - read, shoot, aim.

Drilling would make tens of thousands of new jobs with no costs from the government. just the idea that the U.S. would have ample sources for oil would do wonders to our economy it would let us use some oil we have in reserve.

no thats wrong. we have 4700 holes drilled but not making oil. most of those hole are made to meet government lease agreements. its one of the many hurdles of that deal.

Do you have a source for these new jobs? Because they could be doing that now and are not. Those people DO NOT EXIST. Those protected sites will NOT provide ample anything and won't do anything for the economy.

Your source did not say they were empty or being drilled to keep leases. From what I read, the proposed use it or loose it law for leases did not pass.

Do you have a source for these new jobs? Because they could be doing that now and are not. Those people DO NOT EXIST. Those protected sites will NOT provide ample anything and won't do anything for the economy.

Its common sense, even the people in Alaska know this

"Jerry Hood, a special assistant on energy to Teamster President James P. Hoffa, said opening up the refuge would create 25,000 jobs for Teamster members and 750,000 jobs nationwide — an alluring prospect to some members.

"I'm a Democrat," said Mr. Hood at a news conference with Republicans. "I'm a Teamster and I'm an Alaskan. Like my dad said, `You can't pick your relatives, but you can pick your friends.' "

Also today, the A.F.L.-C.I.O., the largest union, said in a letter to members that it would stick to its 1993 position on drilling in the refuge. That position stated drilling would be acceptable as long as it was environmentally sound."

Source

oil production in ANWR would result in the creation of 46300 jobs

Your source did not say they were empty or being drilled to keep leases. From what I read, the proposed use it or loose it law for leases did not pass.

It takes years to even find oil and to set it up

"That's because these leased lands that don't contain productive drilling operations likely are not lying idle as Obama implies. There are a lot of steps and procedures involved in setting up a productive oil well on leased land, both onshore and off. The Bureau of Land Management's Web site lists the regulatory hurdles that need to be cleared as part of the larger five-step life cycle of a well. The path to setting up an offshore drilling operation is even longer, as shown in a large flow chart developed by the MMS."

full article

Edited by Caesar

Common sense <> facts. For your first article these guys are seriously on drugs. Where do they think these magical trained workers will appear from? There are hundreds of thousands of unemployed oil workers and teamsters? And even more - willing to move to one of the most inhospitable environments on the planet? I think not. I looked over your first source article and for me, it reinforces the need to NEVER drill in ANWR. A quick search of that article does not reveal any claim of 46000 jobs - it talks furtively about thousands. Your last source that you have posted previously still does not answer the question posed. There is no drilling just to keep leases. It is a long process. There is drilling going on. That's something you're making up while trying to make some political point.

It has plenty of bearing. It shows that she didn't say "Thanks, but no thanks" to the Bridge to Nowhere; she was welcoming it, and asking for money, into her term. Then, once it drew so much criticism that it had to be canceled (additional funding for it got cut off), she kept the funding that had already been disbursed.

In other words, she more or less lied about her role with the whole project, and has been misrepresenting like crazy (since it has been used as one of the fundamental reasons why she's a "maverick" like John McCain).

Yet their Republican counterparts in Congress have even lower ratings than the Democrats, and in generic congressional ballots the generic Democrat is leading by 7%. Perhaps they blame it on Bush and the Republicans in Congress - it certainly wouldn't be new.