Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Sarah Palin smear-fest

Nxt2Hvn

I was very lucky to have a stay at home mom who was very involved with all 4 of us (as I said I am the oldest of 4). I was adopted actually... my mom was told she couldn't have children. She adopted me as a baby then was blessed with 3 biological children ... we were and still are her life - of course she has 9 grandchildren to spend all her time with now.

I don't have children (can't have any actually) but if I did, I know I would have to be a working mom. But would spend every other waking moment with my children (if I could have them). My sister (the one with 5 children - ages 3 yrs. - 16) ... is actually a Registered Labor and Delivery Nurse ... but she and her husband are very involved with them. Their kids are in every sports program that you can imagine... all of them are honor roll students. So I am a believer that work and family can be juggled (and has to for most families - especially large ones)

And as a Christian -- I was taught sex is a sin, but was also taught how to prevent pregnancy and diseases. I was actually 17 when I lost my virginity and was engaged. And as a Christian I don't judge people who do have pre-maritial sex ... I know it's human nature and is the majority now a days. If I was single right now, I can't say that if I was dating someone exclusively, that I would be not be having pre-maritial sex. Like I said .. it's human nature ---

wow, you were adopted ....gosh what an amazing story....

i concur I do think you can work and have kids , actually some of the best parents I know also work, mostly because economically its is needed..... but they spend every free moment with their kids as you are saying...

I am fortunate to be able to stay home and am very grateful for it ..it wasnt always this way though...at one time I did own a business so i could make my hours in concordance with my kids.....

i wouldn't choose at this point a job that was demanding ...my kids are first. i dont think there is a more imortant job...but thats me .........

I was raised by my grandmother after the age of 7 and she quit her job and was available for me...

most do this they find ways to or jobs that support children first...

we have been able to always have one of us with our kids...

what are your feelings on pallins little downs syndrome baby????if i may ask....

Edited by Tangerine Sheri

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sherapy

• BlindMessiah

• Nxt2Hvn

• IamsSon

Top Posters In This Topic

Sherri, exactly what do you think a Christian parent SHOULD do with a teen daughter that turns up pregnant?

if you read my posts you will see this question has been answered....

wow, you were adopted ....gosh what an amazing story....

i concur I do think you can work and have kids , actually some of the best parents I know also work, mostly because economically its is needed..... but they spend every free moment with their kids as you are saying...

I am fortunate to be able to stay home and am very grateful for it ..it wasnt always this way though...at one time I did own a business so i could make my hours in concordance with my kids.....

i wouldn't choose at this point a job that was demanding ...my kids are first. i dont think there is a more imortant job...but thas me.........

I was raised by my grandmother after the age of 7 and she quit her job and was available for me...

most do this they find ways to or jobs that support children first...

we have been able to always have one of us with our kids...

what are your feelings on pallins little downs syndrome baby????if i may ask....

That baby is a gift from God .... when my mom was pregnant with my youngest sister (9 years younger than me)... My mom was 39 almost 40 and of course the doctor wanted to do an amniocentesis to rule out down syndrome .... my mom of course declined and told the doctor straight to his face that it wouldn't matter she would have it either way (luckily that was not the case).

I agree... if I was to get pregnant (at 37 now would be high risk) and I knew I was having a down syndrome baby I would also choose to have it and keep it.

Sherri, exactly what do you think a Christian parent SHOULD do with a teen daughter that turns up pregnant?

Have the child and then stone the mother. :P

boys, the eldest is 21, 15, 10 ....

indeed they are human and gonna have sex, i don't argue this point at all....

I do think pregnancy is easily avoided especially nowadays .......

i am for taking every pre caution so a child never has to be faced with the choice between abortion, adoption, or teen motherhood.....

i am big on education for prevention... pregnancy is one of the easiest things to prevent.....

I have said my heart goes out for all involved...

Harte

her daughters pregnancy ( as a parent myself ) Pallin either wasn't paying attention or she just wasn't there,IMO she missed something very important some where along the way and I dont think she knows what it was and we dont either.....and events of ones life define you and say something of you they create a tone a feel for you..... ... I would want a leader to be paying attention, of course they make errors in judgment but its how they self correct that interests me.and probably what the errors are some should not be made IMO for myself included.....

........I do not think pallin has the maturity needed to be a VP at this point....... .

I also have asked several of my christian freinds as it had me questioning the family values dictum.....does the religous right support and encourage teen mothers????? the christians that I know said they do not and are not voting for her as it sends the wrong message......

I very much agree with this. As much as I'm not judging the daughter, I've heard quite a few things like that her son was involved with drugs and that's why they ushered him into the army. If she can't keep her house in order that says a great deal about her character. And yes I would say the same thing about her husband if he was running for office. Additionally it seems to me that she is not quite connecting with her children if she is using them as a platform for her "look I'm sending my son into the war...vote for me" and "I believe in the right to life....look how I'm encouraging my 17 year old daughter to get married..........." "Look my son has downs syndrome.......all you parents of special needs kids will have a friend in the white house............vote for me" That line especially bugged me. Its almost as if she's pimping her kids. Doesn't bode well as a reflection of her character.

Have the child and then stone the mother. :P

What would you base this expectation on? Jesus, who is our Saviour and leader once stopped a crowd who was about to stone an adulterous woman, something which was within "the law" by challenging the crowd to have the one without sin cast the first stone. So why would Christians stone their pregnant teen daughter?

What would you base this expectation on? Jesus, who is our Saviour and leader once stopped a crowd who was about to stone an adulterous woman, something which was within "the law" by challenging the crowd to have the one without sin cast the first stone. So why would Christians stone their pregnant teen daughter?

I was kidding, but if you'd like I could point out some OT laws concerning stoning your children.

I was kidding, but if you'd like I could point out some OT laws concerning stoning your children.

The Law was intended to highlight how impossible it is to be "good enough" to reach God on our own.

36"Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" 37Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' 38This is the first and greatest commandment. 39And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' 40All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.

If you love ANYONE as you love yourself the last thing you would consider doing (unless you happen to be unbalanced (this is a generic "you" not you specifically BM))is killing them. Nice try.

The Law was intended to highlight how impossible it is to be "good enough" to reach God on our own.

If you love ANYONE as you love yourself the last thing you would consider doing (unless you happen to be unbalanced (this is a generic "you" not you specifically BM))is killing them. Nice try.

The law was intended to be followed by the nation of Israel. Just because some man named Paul, says thousands of years later that isn't the case, doesn't mean anything.

I can quote verses too.

------ ------ ------

If a man has a stubborn and rebellious son who does not obey his father and mother and will not listen to them when they discipline him, his father and mother shall take hold of him and bring him to the elders at the gate of his town. They shall say to the elders, "This son of ours is stubborn and rebellious. He will not obey us. He is a profligate and a drunkard." Then all the men of his town shall stone him to death. You must purge the evil from among you. All Israel will hear of it and be afraid.

Deuteronomy 21:18-21

This is very similar to what McCain did in his ad about the pig comment. Her and his words were taken out of their context to say something else.

However, I do have a problem with her faith being an integral part of her life and as a US citizen I have a right to use my own world view to factor into my decision. She is entitled to put her faith on the line for everyone, but she can't expect people to not oppose her for that.

She has a right for her faith to be an intregal part of her life and her views, but not to force you to believe the same. Discriminating against her for her faith is the opposite of what the constitution is for.

She has a right for her faith to be an intregal part of her life and her views, but not to force you to believe the same. Discriminating against her for her faith is the opposite of what the constitution is for.

She has a right for her faith to be an integral part of her life and her views, and I have a right for my faith and my views to be an integral part of who I support as my representative. That is exactly what the constitution stand for.

I don't like her faith, and I don't support her because of it. Get a clue.

Edited by BlindMessiah

The law was intended to be followed by the nation of Israel. Just because some man named Paul, says thousands of years later that isn't the case, doesn't mean anything.

I can quote verses too.

------ ------ ------

If a man has a stubborn and rebellious son who does not obey his father and mother and will not listen to them when they discipline him, his father and mother shall take hold of him and bring him to the elders at the gate of his town. They shall say to the elders, "This son of ours is stubborn and rebellious. He will not obey us. He is a profligate and a drunkard." Then all the men of his town shall stone him to death. You must purge the evil from among you. All Israel will hear of it and be afraid.

Deuteronomy 21:18-21

Since not all Christians are members of the nation of Israel, or more correctly the Jewish religion, the Laws do not apply to us. If a Christian wants to remain a Jew, then he or she would have to remain bound to these laws.

Since not all Christians are members of the nation of Israel, or more correctly the Jewish religion, the Laws do not apply to us. If a Christian wants to remain a Jew, then he or she would have to remain bound to these laws.

The words of Jesus. *ahem*

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them."

Matthew 5:17

she won't be vice president anyway. yay!! but then there is obama and biden. boo!! it's ALL bad. :angry2:

edited to say glenn beck is a fascist propagandist.

Edited by Grand Inquisitor

Glenn Beck, like Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity, is a moron hell bent on keeping this country and it's citizens beaten down. He is involved and financially supported by the Bush family.

Please ask Mr Beck to explain these images of a 16 year old Bristol Palin boozing it up with other underage kids. I wont even bother asking who's parent supplied the liquor:

http://billpressshow.com/filestore/palindaughter-drink1.jpg

http://billpressshow.com/filestore/palindaughter-drink2.jpg

http://billpressshow.com/filestore/palindaughter-drink3.jpg

Edited by 284dan

She's not actually drinking any of it in the pictures so it must be photoshopped. Those were probably bottles of snapple in real life.

The words of Jesus. *ahem*

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them."

Matthew 5:17

And He did not, which is why if one chooses to be Jewish, one MUST still follow "the Law"

She's not actually drinking any of it in the pictures so it must be photoshopped. Those were probably bottles of snapple in real life.

bad insinuation. yeah i have seen bottles of snapple in tiny liqour bottles and half gallon jugs with handles. she is out drinking and partying and ****ting around. what 16 year old doesnt do those things, especcially a 16 year old of a hardcore christian idiot woman who was more than likely quite strict and overbearingly stuffy.

bad insinuation. yeah i have seen bottles of snapple in tiny liqour bottles and half gallon jugs with handles. she is out drinking and partying and ****ting around. what 16 year old doesnt do those things, especcially a 16 year old of a hardcore christian idiot woman who was more than likely quite strict and overbearingly stuffy.

And you've known the Palins how long?

Uhhh... I didn't...

bad insinuation on the part of whang.