Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Word Is Authenticity

libertyworld

What a stunning analysis of race in this country. Bravo. You almost had me believing you know a black person (up until you said "My friends and I would vote for a healthy, strong black leader in a heartbeat" but, really, so close!).

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BlindMessiah

• libertyworld

• HKCavalier

• Startraveler

What a stunning analysis of race in this country. Bravo. You almost had me believing you know a black person (up until you said "My friends and I would vote for a healthy, strong black leader in a heartbeat" but, really, so close!).

Maybe you don't believe blacks deserve better than the poison of the real racist hate mongers like Wright, Faracon, Jackson and their kind.

If so pity I you.

Edited by libertyworld

I am reviewing Obamas voting record and was surprised to learn Barack Obama has missed 293 votes (45.7%) during the current Congress. I wonder if he was "present".

Maybe you don't believe blacks deserve better than the poison of the real racist hate mongers like Wright, Faracon, Jackson and their kind.

If so pity I you.

I certainly believe they deserve better than the pathetic and condescending armchair analysis of someone like you. But kudos on you and your friends being okay with voting for a black leader. Truly something to be proud of.

I am reviewing Obamas voting record and was surprised to learn Barack Obama has missed 293 votes (45.7%) during the current Congress. I wonder if he was "present".

Then you'll be shocked to learn that John McCain (who hasn't been in a contested primary since January) missed 410 votes (or 64%) in the current Congress. For comparison, that's more missed votes than Tim Johnson, who has been recovering from a brain hemorrhage.

I wonder if he was "present." Wait, no. He wasn't. Bold leadership, my friends.

I see that Obama voted for tax breaks to oil companies (213: H R 6:) and no for a free trade agreement with Latin American nations; Vote 170: S 1307: Established a free trade zone between the United States, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras and Nicaragua; a separate agreement with the Dominican Republican was also included in the measure.

He also voted against 44: S 256: Made it harder for people to erase debt by declaring bankruptcy.

He didn't vote on Homeland Security Act of 2002, which requires the inspection of all cargo traveling on passenger aircrafts and establishes the Privacy and Civil Liberties Oversight Board. This panel, suggested by the 9/11 commission, is responsible for advising the president and senior White House officials maintaining respect for privacy laws and civil liberties. Other provisions of the bill include grants to states, urban areas, regions, or directly eligible tribes to be used to improve the ability for first responders to react to and prevent terrorist attacks, according to the Congressional Research Service. The bill also outlined details regarding the detention and treatment of captured terrorists. The bill was signed into law by President Bush on August 3.

So, despite what he says, he has voted against homeowners, free trade and domestic security.

From CNN.com:

Rove: McCain went 'too far' in ads

Former Bush adviser Karl Rove said Sunday that Sen. John McCain had gone "one step too far" in some of his recent ads attacking Sen. Barack Obama.

Karl Rove said both candidates are guilty of going too far in their attacks. Rove has leveled similar criticism against Obama.

"McCain has gone in some of his ads -- similarly gone one step too far," he told Fox News, "and sort of attributing to Obama things that are, you know, beyond the '100 percent truth' test."

The Obama campaign immediately leaped on the quote.

"In case anyone was still wondering whether John McCain is running the sleaziest, most dishonest campaign in history, today Karl Rove -- the man who held the previous record -- said McCain's ads have gone too far," said campaign spokesman Tommy Vietor, in a statement sent to reporters minutes after Rove's on-air comments. Rove masterminded both of President Bush's successful White House bids.

link

A good litmus test of hitting an all time low is when KARL ROVE has said you have gone too far. There may have been a time when McCain had some integrity, but it is pretty clear he is willing to sell his soul to the devil to become president, he is willing to lie, cheat or steal his way there, just like bush did to him in 2000. I guess he knows this is his last chance so he is willing to do whatever it takes, including destroying his honor by using ads that are lies. The lies work because there are a lot of people too stupid too stupid to check any further than face value of the commercial itself, so they are used every four years, but that doesnt make them right.

When Karl Rove says you have gone too far, you have really gone off into a ditch, the guy is as low as they come.

I used to really respect McCain. Not any more...

Healthy Americans don't care if it was only 4 sermons and know better than to assume they were the only times he has expressed and bred such a diseased mentality.

Haha... everyone who disagrees with you has a disease. Typical Christofascism.

Typical illiberal...

Doesn't even know what fascism means but throws it around recklessly anyway.

And what does Christianity have to do with it?

Only Christians don't swallow the Marxist racist classist poison so I must be christian?

What about all those who claim to be Christians and take it anyway?

Actually, if you were swallowing what the real racists like Wright and co. are pushing then yes, I would define that as unhealthy.

Nothing keeps the blacks down on the plantation like black (anti-white) racist, Marxist, classist, anti-American, perpetual victim-hood poison peddlers ala Wright and Faracon and company.

That racist poison (like "Black Liberation Theology" and any other victim-hood based garbage) is evil.

Those who peddle it like the lowest of the lowest drug pushers are diseased.

Those who swallow it are committing spiritual suicide.

Those who take it are supporting it's insidious, destructive growth.

By attending a church leading the parade of that whole sad spectacle, Obama has supported it.

If he only attended for the sake of expediency, that's an even worse comment on his character.

That's my opinion.

My own opinion.

What do you think of Wright and Faracon or whatever his name is, and their kind?

Anyone?

Healthy or unhealthy?

If you had to file them one place or the other, which is it?

Typical illiberal...

I'm conservative... otherwise that's an astute observation.

Doesn't even know what fascism means but throws it around recklessly anyway.

Fascism is the suppression of another individuals rights through governmental means. Let's see what Webster has to say.

fascism: a governmental system led by a dictator having complete power, forcibly suppressing opposition and criticism, regimenting all industry, commerce, etc., and emphasizing an aggressive nationalism and often racism.

Seems like my definition is pretty close.

And what does Christianity have to do with it?

Only Christians don't swallow the Marxist racist classist poison so I must be christian?

What about all those who claim to be Christians and take it anyway?

The Christian political movement is fascist... has nothing to do with Marxism.

What do you think of Wright and Faracon or whatever his name is, and their kind?

Anyone?

Healthy or unhealthy?

If you had to file them one place or the other, which is it?

Wright seems to be a man filled with a lot of bitterness toward the world. Farrakhan appears to be an Islamofascist. :tu:

Wright seems to be a man filled with a lot of bitterness toward the world. Farrakhan appears to be an Islamofascist. :tu:

Bears repeating!

BTW, from the NY Times:

Obamas’ Tax Returns Show Donation Spike

By LESLIE WAYNE

Published: March 26, 2008

"Senator Barack Obama and his wife, Michelle, sharply increased their charitable donations as Mr. Obama began to run for president and the family’s income increased from book sales, according to tax returns that the couple released on Tuesday.

Some of the largest donations went to the Trinity United Church of Christ, whose pastor, the Rev. Jeremiah A. Wright Jr., has been in the news for inflammatory messages in his sermons, causing Mr. Obama to distance himself from Mr. Wright, his former spiritual mentor.

All told, the couple gave $27,500 to the church in 2005 and 2006.

Although the campaign has not released the couple’s 2007 return, it has said the Obamas gave $240,000 to charity in 2007. This compares with charitable donations as low as $1,050 a few years ago."

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/26/us/polit...ml?ref=politics

The Christian political movement is fascist... has nothing to do with Marxism.

A conservative replying to my characterization of Wright etc. with that?

He is diseased. That's my opinion. The whole perpetual victimhood industry is.

It destroys lives.

I would never feel that disagreement equals diseased. That is absurd.

What Christian political movement is fascist?

"Black Liberation Theology"? Heavily Marxist.

Evangelicals? Hardly fascist.

What movement?

Please educate me, conservative.

There are many things I don't know.

Bears repeating!

BTW, from the NY Times:

Obamas’ Tax Returns Show Donation Spike

By LESLIE WAYNE

Published: March 26, 2008

"Senator Barack Obama and his wife, Michelle, sharply increased their charitable donations as Mr. Obama began to run for president and the family’s income increased from book sales, according to tax returns that the couple released on Tuesday.

Some of the largest donations went to the Trinity United Church of Christ, whose pastor, the Rev. Jeremiah A. Wright Jr., has been in the news for inflammatory messages in his sermons, causing Mr. Obama to distance himself from Mr. Wright, his former spiritual mentor.

All told, the couple gave $27,500 to the church in 2005 and 2006.

Although the campaign has not released the couple’s 2007 return, it has said the Obamas gave $240,000 to charity in 2007. This compares with charitable donations as low as $1,050 a few years ago."

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/26/us/polit...ml?ref=politics

and yet McPalin hasn't released her tax returns. not to mention the religious extremist views she belonged too. Or even the church she belongs too now. wanting to leave the Union ? isn't that treasonous ? Let alone her taking a page from Bushs' play book ...... said she would have no problem with questions from an investigation into Troopergate and not is refusing ? blaming it on dems wanting to do her in when the panel is 3 cons and 2 dems ?

shall we delve into McCain and religious views ?

In the video below we explain how John McCain pretended to be Baptist while campaigning in South Carolina when he is in fact Episcopalian -- and how he got caught and what his reaction was afterward:

In 2000, the Arizona senator gambled that denouncing religious right leaders like Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson would pay off, and went to Virginia to condemn the TV preachers as "agents of intolerance." The gamble failed; the GOP base was offended; and McCain's campaign never recovered.

The senator ran into additional religious trouble in a BeliefNet interview in which he said, "I would probably have to say yes, that the Constitution established the United States of America as a Christian nation." This despite the fact that the Constitution, which McCain has presumably read, does the exact opposite.

And as if that weren't enough, in the same interview, McCain suggested he wouldn't want a Muslim president.

"I admire the Islam. There's a lot of good principles in it," he said. "But I just have to say in all candor that since this nation was founded primarily on Christian principles, personally, I prefer someone who I know who has a solid grounding in my faith."

Apparently, McCain later realized he'd made a mistake, because the transcript of the interview added, "McCain contacted Beliefnet after the interview to clarify his remarks: 'I would vote for a Muslim if he or she was the candidate best able to lead the country and defend our political values.'"

In other words, McCain was for discrimination before he was against it.

Former Bush White House aide David Kuo, now a BeliefNet contributor, said McCain was "pandering to what he thinks the Christian conservative community wants to hear" and predicted he "will have a lot of explaining to do about this interview."

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/054583.php

not to forget he accepted and then rejected the endorsements of pastors Rod Parsley and John Hagee, only after the media brought up how screwed up the views were of those two.

A conservative replying to my characterization of Wright etc. with that?

I don't recall arguing a single point about Wright with you.

He is diseased. That's my opinion. The whole perpetual victimhood industry is.

You called Americans who believed that Obama was unaware of his entire belief system, diseased. This is when I argued.

It destroys lives.

Source?

I would never feel that disagreement equals diseased. That is absurd.

Words speak louder than back peddling.

What Christian political movement is fascist?

"Black Liberation Theology"? Heavily Marxist.

Evangelicals? Hardly fascist.

What movement?

The conservative Christian political movement, containing evangelicals, is fascist.

Here is a list of their fascist policies.

-Ban gay marriage

-Teach creationism in schools

-Outlaw drugs

-Outlaw gambling

That's just a few to get you started.

Please educate me, conservative.

There are many things I don't know.

Obviously.

Trinity is well-known for its social programs on behalf of the disadvantaged in South Chicago.

And has become well known for its ranting preacher. "God Damn America!"

jUST to stir the pot...

I agree that the chickens came back to roost...

(I dont, and he dosn't, blame the country, we blame the goverments... democrat AND republican...)..