Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Help for Obama's Shack-Living Brother

__Kratos__

It was only a matter of time: A website has been created to provide donations to Sen. Barack Obama's half brother, who lives on $12 a year in a shack in Kenya. http://www.helpobamasbrother.org/ Called Help Obama's Brother, the site draws attention to George Hussein Onyango Obama, living in a hut in the "tough" town of Huruma on the outskirts of Nairobi. "If Barack Obama won't send his brother a few bucks for rent, we can step up and help a brother out," headlines the site. Of course, the site is a jab at Obama by his critics, but it's surprising that the Republican Party didn't do this as soon as the original story appeared. There were indications that a GOP move was afoot, but no one within the party acted.

The man behind this site is Tim Anderson, who lives in Minneapolis. He tells me that he got the idea to set up a nonprofit charity during last week's Republican National Convention, when he read about the plight of George Obama. "I thought, wow, he's got to be helping him out. But he's not," says Anderson. He conceded that "I'm not a huge Obama supporter" but added that "I have good intentions." His plan is this: Raise enough money, and fast, to buy Obama's brother an apartment or house, a car, food, and maybe some auto mechanic classes. "And if he wants to come to America, we'll help with that, too," says Anderson. He's hoping to generate media attention because Anderson fears that if Obama loses the presidential election, donations will dry up, and he'd like to have enough money to prepay three years' worth of rent or mortgage. Anderson says he is not being backed by Republicans and hasn't received any donations of note yet. "I just set up the charity," he says. He plans to videotape his efforts and purchases as well as a trip to Africa to deliver the goods. "I want it on the up and up," he told Whispers. He compared his efforts to the popular TV show Extreme Makeover: Home Edition.

Source here: Link

------------------------------------------------

I'd be ashamed of my family to if they were rich as hell (little excuse to not talk to him or see him) and wouldn't even want to know me or cared.

Edited by __Kratos__

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Caesar

• SilverCougar

• __Kratos__

• InHuman

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to hear Obama's side of the story before getting all riled up. We don't know the situation.. hells for all we know... Obama's probaly offered loads of help and the dude could have kept turning him down. I've seen that happen before. *shrugs* Can't force something on a guy who don't want it.

I'd like to hear Obama's side of the story before getting all riled up. We don't know the situation.. hells for all we know... Obama's probaly offered loads of help and the dude could have kept turning him down. I've seen that happen before. *shrugs* Can't force something on a guy who don't want it.

Here you go:

George Obama's not real happy..."I am ashamed"

I don't dislike Obama at all (I do wonder if he can actually pay for everything (AND reduce taxes) and I do loathe the Pelosi 'Blame all and do none" style Democrat), but I do find this rather disappointing in Barry...

Edited by Pinky Floyd

They grew up worlds apart.. seen eachother only twice. There are tons of excuses, but really if Obama suddenly started to send money and aid to his half brother... people will nail him for doing it only for show or a ditch effort to gain votes.

I barely speak to my own brother.. I don't even send him gifts or cards.. and he lives in a shack as well. *shrugs* Or is this once more a "It's only horrible because Obama is famous" thing?

Did you really not understand him/her?

I'm trying to figure out his point, mabey something like "OMG he only has 1 brother, he should take better care of him!"///

I'm trying to figure out his point, mabey something like "OMG he only has 1 brother, he should take better care of him!"///

I didn't know Obama had a brother till last week, I was wondering if he any others.

I didn't know Obama had a brother till last week, I was wondering if he any others.

He has 7 half siblings from his father's side and he has a half sister from his mother's side. That's just the ones he knows about.

He has 7 half siblings from his father's side and he has a half sister from his mother's side. That's just the ones he knows about.

Thanks, I thought he had alot.

And...what made you think that, exactly?

I remember an article saying that he had other brothers but I wasn't sure how many and if they were in the U.S. or not.

And apparently he's a horrible person for not finding every single half-sibling he has and buying them mansions.

And apparently he's a horrible person for not finding every single half-sibling he has and buying them mansions.

LOL

its the hypocrisy of politics

just imagine the noise if Obama had a pregnant unmarried daughter

LOL

its the hypocrisy of politics

just imagine the noise if Obama had a pregnant unmarried daughter

Yes the noise is called "dead silence"

Because nobody would say a word, if they did they would be called a racist.