Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

McCain-Palin Crowd-Size Estimates Not Backed

ninjadude

By Lorraine Woellert and Jeff Bliss

Sept. 13 (Bloomberg) -- Senator John McCain has drawn some of the biggest crowds of his presidential campaign since adding Alaska Governor Sarah Palin to his ticket on Aug. 29. Now officials say they can't substantiate the figures McCain's aides are claiming.

McCain aide Kimmie Lipscomb told reporters on Sept. 10 that an outdoor rally in Fairfax City, Virginia, drew 23,000 people, attributing the crowd estimate to a fire marshal.

Fairfax City Fire Marshal Andrew Wilson said his office did not supply that number to the campaign and could not confirm it. Wilson, in an interview, said the fire department does not monitor attendance at outdoor events.

In recent days, journalists attending the rallies have been raising questions about the crowd estimates with the campaign. In a story on Sept. 11 about Palin's attraction for some Virginia women voters, Washington Post reporter Marc Fisher estimated the crowd to be 8,000, not the 23,000 cited by the campaign.

link

So the "excitement" that the repubs claim is more made up fantasy.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Caesar

• ninjadude

• Bella-Angelique

• My fine feathered friends

Top Posters In This Topic

By Lorraine Woellert and Jeff Bliss

journalists attending the rallies have been raising questions about the crowd estimates with the campaign.

Oh, would those be any of the same reliable journalists that have been proven liars in their wild smear campaigns they have been noted for in the past weeks?

The same journalists who swore they "investigated" and "confirmed" that Palin cut funding to special needs children?

The same journalists who were proven liars because far from cutting it, the truth was she had increased it so much that she tripled the funding?

Let's see, McCain is ahead according to the polls so it would appear that this is still more, yet again, of the lies being pushed by the so called journalists of the far left neo-liberal media.

When are you going to stop believing all of the lies of these people?

Edited by Bella-Angelique

Oh, would those be any of the same reliable journalists that have been proven liars in their wild smear campaigns they have been noted for in the past weeks?

The same journalists who swore they "investigated" and "confirmed" that Palin cut funding to special needs children?

The same journalists who were proven liars because far from cutting it, the truth was she had increased it so much that she tripled the funding?

Let's see, McCain is ahead according to the polls so it would appear that this is still more, yet again, of the lies being pushed by the so called journalists of the far left neo-liberal media.

When are you going to stop believing all of the lies of these people?

He don't go by the facts, its to painful

As for these journalists , I don't know you tell me and provide a source that they are wrong in what was reported or "far Left neo-liberal". Whatever that means.

The polls are showing a McCain bounce ONLY because the basis of the poll has changed. They are suddently including coindicentally the same percentage increase of republican respondents in the poll's increase as opposed to the very same poll a few weeks before. And apparently most all of them are doing it. Aroces will be happy to see that his disdain for polls is shown to be true.

I think just about every news chanel has reported alot people going to these rallies just look at local news reports

google palin draws huge crowds

Also note its been so big McCain wants to campain together

The polls are showing a McCain bounce ONLY because the basis of the poll has changed.

Oh really so the basis of the polls were changed and the crowds aren't the size they are claiming.

if only fantasy equilend reality

How many of you have ever been in the paper for whatever reason, only to see the truth stretched or even

made up by the media? I have a few times, and it was flat out fabrication the way they reported it. The media

are just as scummy as the politicians slinging the mud.

How many of you have ever been in the paper for whatever reason, only to see the truth stretched or even

made up by the media? I have a few times, and it was flat out fabrication the way they reported it. The media

are just as scummy as the politicians slinging the mud.

Yes I have seen this alot. I just don't understand how most newspapers and tv news tell you she is getting rallies packed. not to mention the videos clearly show this

McCain is becoming a bit of a serial exaggerator. Liar, I mean.

I think both parties are. the problem for McCain is that most of the media does the lies for Obama. but many polls show people see this

McCain is becoming a bit of a serial exaggerator. Liar, I mean.

seconded.

oh look, and they're at it again.

Nevada Lt. Gov. Brian Krolicki said on stage that 10,000 people were in the crowd, but parks officials said the pavilion held only 3,500 people.

Hillarious.

...at least it should be