Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Will Goodchild's prediction force disclosure ?

UM-Bot

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chaoszerg

• emberlake

• DigitalSentinal

• bee

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does it even matter?

I am sure many of you would still be unsatisfied if they decided to come clean and say yes there are unknown craft and that they could be possibly alien. :mellow:

The thing is many of you are expecting some kind of evil plan to be revealed if there is a disclosure, or that the government have their hands on alien space craft and alien bodies. :unsure:

If that is not in the disclosure, you would all still be upset and demanding things. :(

It's quite interesting, no matter what the Governments say there will always be someone pointing a finger and swear they're holding back info.

The conspiracy logic just boggles my mind...

----------------------------------------

Do you think that Governments etc have been covering up ET contact for a LONG time.

Do you want disclosure?

Are you serious?

Disclosure of what???

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by D is here

Do you think that Governments etc have been covering up ET contact for a LONG time.

Personally, no I don't.

Do you want disclosure?

I don't believe there is anything to disclose.

Cheers,

Badeskov

Not many people think of the possible consequences of such a action.

I take it then that you don't want disclosure.

But you know that there is something to disclose.

A loyal servant learns to love the lash?....ie your signiture (sorry couldn't resist that, :P )

Edited by bee

The article states that she isn't in it for financial gain yet her web site has all these expensive e-books for sale. No doubt this internet frenzy over her prediction is giving her a huge boost in sales...

Anyone with smarts is going to wait until after October 14th to buy her books. I doubt she'll make millions or even thousands from now until then. And the books aren't expensive - even for E-Books.

I take it then that you don't want disclosure.

It would be nice for a government to say we know that aliens exist and know where they are.

The governments are in charge of our military, who are supposed to be our ultimate fighting force, and ultimate defence. Now if a government came forth and said we have encountered strange craft in the sky and have confirmed reports of strange entities being encountered by some people, but we have been unable to drive them off or stop them. How do you think that would be taken?

Look at what happened during the war of the worlds radio broadcast.

I think a government has to weigh the options of such a choice, and if they had the choice of admitting that they have had contact with these strange craft in the sky, and have been unable to repel them or bring them down with our weapons and fighting force, then maybe it is best to keep such a thing secret. Because in my opinion many people would be very frightened and scared.

But if they have been able to take a alien craft and have been trying to understand it and back engineer it, then again it would be best to keep such things secret, because you then have a big advantage over other countries, and in my opinion no nosey civilian has a right to know such a thing because they will open their trap and blab everything.

A loyal servant loves the lash?....ie your signiture (sorry couldn't resist that, :P )

That's off warhammer lol.

It would be nice for a government to say we know that aliens exist and know where they are.

The governments are in charge of our military, who are supposed to be our ultimate fighting force, and ultimate defence. Now if a government came forth and said we have encountered strange craft in the sky and have confirmed reports of strange entities being encountered by some people, but we have been unable to drive them off or stop them. How do you think that would be taken?

I think a government has to weigh the options of such a choice, and if they had the choice of admitting that they have had contact with these strange craft in the sky, and have been unable to repel them or bring them down with our weapons and fighting force, then maybe it is best to keep such a thing secret. Because in my opinion many people would be very frightened and scared.

But if they have been able to take a alien craft and have been trying to understand it and back engineer it, then again it would be best to keep such things secret, because you then have a big advantage over other countries, and in my opinion no nosey civilian has a right to know such a thing because they will open their trap and blab everything.

In my opinion You Nailed it on the proverbial head! :tu:

I understand the points you are making.....but.....

There are no signs that the ETs were or are hostile. Edgar Mitchell amongst others has made the

point that if they meant us harm, then there would be next to nothing that we could do about it.

Because if they are advanced enough to get here....etc.

The back-engineering giving national advantage, point....might have been a tactical reason when the

whole thing kicked off in the 40s. Trouble is, having this superior technology doesn't seem to be leading

anywhere.

And now the stuff leaking out via high-ranking insiders....whistleblowers....is showing that it is probably

small groups within the nation/s that are getting all the excitement/benifits....not everyone.

Of course, keeping all hush hush in the first place is now problematic...because people will not be too

pleased to know the extent of the secrecy....about something as important to the human race...as ET contact.

If the public had been taken along with the whole thing...educated on the subject as it all happened......?

But now....those who have kept the secrets are frightened to open up the can of worms they have kept

firmly shut for 60 years. 60 years, for heavens sake! That is just too too long.

Absolute chaos is the most likely outcome. All these people that say they welcome aliens are likely the first to pi$$ their pants.

Interesting that this would come out during the same period that 20th Century is hyping an updated "The Day The Earth Stood Still". Is this some viral marketing thing? Although the movie isn't scheduled to come out until December it's really being pushed.

Personally, I've seen these predictions come and go and quite frankly this whole UFO thing is getting to be a bore. I'm tired of dots of light in the sky. Also, I agree with others in that I prefer not to advertise our planet to every alien civilization within earshot.

All these people that say they welcome aliens are likely the first to pi$$ their pants.

Really? I think it's the people who have done good, hard thinking about the subject

that will be mentally/emotionally prepared.....

quite frankly this whole UFO thing is getting to be a bore. I'm tired of dots of light in the sky.

So, come the day, when-ever that day is..... you will just be going ........ :sleepy:

Come on..... :wacko:

Blaaadeeblaaadeeblaadebllaa

And on and on it goes.......If they're there bring em on .And about time as well ,somethings been flyin about up there for hundreds of years....lets see what it is......Personally i think it's going to be another huuuuge dissapointment for some people......

There are no signs that the ETs were or are hostile. Edgar Mitchell amongst others has made the

point that if they meant us harm, then there would be next to nothing that we could do about it.

Because if they are advanced enough to get here....etc.

Beaming signals out into space saying here we are is very dangerous, because something may answer, and just because we have not been wiped out yet by some alien force does not mean they are good. I hate centipedes and I have one living in my porch, I hate them with a passion, but I have not acted on that feeling and squished it, because it poses no threat to me yet and is insignificant, and it is pointless wasting any energy snuffing out it's little horrid life. It could be the same for us.

The back-engineering giving national advantage, point....might have been a tactical reason when the

whole thing kicked off in the 40s. Trouble is, having this superior technology doesn't seem to be leading

anywhere.

If they did have superior technology, then it is not your place to know, and it is not there place to share with the average joe blogs. If I had superior technology, I know I would not share, and would use it for my own benefits. And I know I would not go showing it off to other countries as a display of power.

And now the stuff leaking out via high-ranking insiders....whistleblowers....is showing that it is probably

small groups within the nation/s that are getting all the excitement/benifits....not everyone.

So?

If you are in a position of power, you look after number one and the ones close to you, instead of sharing it out. You reap the rewards and screw everyone else it's how the world works.

Of course, keeping all hush hush in the first place is now problematic...because people will not be too

pleased to know the extent of the secrecy....about something as important to the human race...as ET contact.

Blatantly announcing aliens are here and we cant do anything about them, is far worse, and a government must have control, or everything would be going crazy.

If the public had been taken along with the whole thing...educated on the subject as it all happened......?

But now....those who have kept the secrets are frightened to open up the can of worms they have kept

firmly shut for 60 years. 60 years, for heavens sake! That is just too too long.

No the public can be very, very stupid, and even if they attempted to educate the public it probably would still end in disaster. We would have to overcome Religion, racism, hate, ignorance to at least try and get somewhere.

Edit to add:

Personally i think it's going to be another huuuuge dissapointment for some people.....

I agree, I think it will be the Georgia Bigfoot all over again.

Edit again and again: fix spelling mistake again dammit.

Edited by chaoszerg

There are no signs that the ETs were or are hostile.

Hypothetically speaking:

If in fact there's any truth in the abduction stories, I'd say that kidnapping, making unwarranted & unwelcomed physical exams on people and taking fetuses is pretty aggressive and hostile.

Do not throw the old, oh they're just doing this to find out more about humans or save our race or theirs... Violating human rights & stealing babies isn't my idea of a race I care to welcome on this planet.

Knowing how to build and fly an airship does not make a race civilized nor trustworthy.

Thank goodness this is all conjecture... Can you imagine how we'd have to re-adjust our court system to handle the charges against the ET's for all the felonies they've committed? Have you even considered that possibility in your desires to welcome ETs? What about the innocent victims, do they not deserve justice even if the criminal is from another planet...

See, I can go as deep into this as you want because I'm not buying that an intelligent being observing the world would commit felonies on the human race and then just think they wouldn't have to be punished or make atonement for their crimes against humanity. Even if the government gave them immunity, do you think all of the victims would go along with it without a fight?

Right, maybe that's why the ETs are flying around for 72 hours and not landing?

I apologize, I get carried away with my opinions even on hypothetical subjects that deal with crimes against humanity.

:angry:

~~everything you said and especially

I agree, I think it will be the Georgia Bigfoot all over again.

~applause~

Well said! :D

Blaaadeeblaaadeeblaadebllaa

And on and on it goes.......If they're there bring em on .And about time as well ,somethings been flyin about up there for hundreds of years....lets see what it is......Personally i think it's going to be another huuuuge dissapointment for some people......

Quite possible - even probable.

But such an event is bound to occur soon anyhow sooner or later. Why? Because sightings are up and increasing dramatically in size - plus the fact that the size of these craft seems to be increasing as well, along with numbers.

Also because for geopolitical reasons: US elections, humanity's arms arsenal and the fact that we are having more and more power and less and less wisdom needed to manage it. And let's not forget science - which is taking us bravely (and some would say 'blindly') into new frontiers. case in point: the LHC, soon to be upgraded by 2012 to the Super Large Hadron Collider - a massive upgrade and strengthening of the current LHC energy output.

We are no longer primitive cavepeople. We are becoming advanced Beings infused with the spirit of both curiosity and hope for breaking beyond ourselves. But we are still teenagers in the cosmic hierarchy, and our muscle flexing seems to attract the attention of both siblings and neighbors. So yeah...definitely they will appear one day. I prefer the visitation of Offworlders to be pre-announced than for them to just show up without warning and by complete surprise. I think in such circumstances panic would most definitely reign.

The problem I see with people is that some assume the human race is prepared to deal with such contact when in reality we are not yet. Look at the LHC people were fearing that it would create a black hole to gobble us all up, and demanded it not be activated, if we can not overcome the fear of the unknown, then meeting a unknown alien species would be a terrible thing. We have not been able to get a handle on racism and that is between humans, imagine what it would be like if we met a completely different species, who might not be anything like us.

It is much safer to discover a alien race on a distant planet.

To send a signal saying here we are come and drop by, or by having one land on this planet is terrible.

Also stop blaming governments of being evil, because in reality they do sometimes try and do thing in the best interest of people, and you may think you are ready, and maybe you are, but just think of the many who are not ready.

I'm not ready to see or meet an "Alien" in person yet, but if I were falling from a precipice to my certain death and an outstretched hand were extended to me at the last second, I can tell you with 100% certainty that I would reach out and grab it with all my natural strength - whether the hand is human or otherwise.

The Human Race realizes it is falling, and I believe it will be shocked for certain when confirmation occurs, but in this day and age it will adapt. It must, since continuing unchallenged on our current course will certainly lead to total world degradation and destruction eventually in some manner or many at the same time. Most major religions have already paved the way to acceptance via modified doctrines to followers via the media, while movies and the Internet itself along with discussions like these have also helped. And these have been doing this for many years in advance. I really wouldn't worry too much about others; oral legends and stories among tribal societies reveal that other visitors have usually been accepted pretty easily - even summoned in some cases. If anything, I think that modern science and the powers that be stand to lose (and gain, though only a few realize it) the most.

And please. I'm a Native American Indian. I certainly don't need lessons on government behavior and physiology. As far as I'm concerned, I'm still under occupation (and ironically, so are the very people that came here from elsewhere as well).

Edited by DigitalSentinal

I'm not ready to see or meet an "Alien" in person yet, but if I were falling from a precipice to my certain death and an outstretched hand were extended to me at the last second, I can tell you with 100% certainty that I would reach out and grab it with all my natural strength - whether the hand is human or otherwise.

I understand.

The Human Race realizes it is falling,

I don't think it is falling, I think we are just going through a bad patch, and I believe we will cope through it like roaches.

And please. I'm a Native American Indian. I certainly don't need lessons on government behavior and physiology. As far as I'm concerned, I'm still under occupation (and ironically, so are the very people that came here from elsewhere as well).

I am not trying to give you a lesson and I apologize if it seems that way , but holding a grudge against the government for something that happened long ago is a little pointless. But I am not trying to offend so I am sorry.

Don't get me wrong I think governments are sleazy, but not the ultimate evil, that many try and make them out to be, they are just looking after number one and have the power to do so.

:sk Bee must have me on ignore. :huh:

lmao.

You two have not been arguing have you.

lol No, nothing like that, it just seems that Bee doesn't respond to my comments to her and I can't figure out why. :(

Don't feel bad, sam does not respond to mine.

Well, thank goodness we have each other. :wub:

(I can't get any of the ones who claim to 'KNOW THANGS' about ETs to respond to my questions... It's like I'm invisible or something... :w00t: )

:sk Bee must have me on ignore. :huh:

No I haven't. I haven't ever used the ignore thingy for anyone.

Sometimes you've just got to know when to stop. Sorry if you were expecting a reply.

To get into the abduction business and who might be doing the abducting would just take

too long. And you seem to have made your own mind up..... so.....I'm in a jolly mood today and

don't want to get dragged down.

Still....you HAVE got each other.. :wub::wub: ........ :D so you're ok.

Well, thank goodness we have each other. :wub:

(I can't get any of the ones who claim to 'KNOW THANGS' about ETs to respond to my questions... It's like I'm invisible or something... :w00t: )

I think we are being ignored by most because we are like a cancer to the belief.

I wonder if Blossoms site will make excuses if nothing happens the 15th, or maybe it will close down from the amount of abuse she may receive of people.

Edit: spelling mistake

Edited by chaoszerg