Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Will Goodchild's prediction force disclosure ?

UM-Bot

No I haven't. I haven't ever used the ignore thingy for anyone.

Sometimes you've just got to know when to stop. Sorry if you were expecting a reply.

To get into the abduction business and who might be doing the abducting would just take

too long. And you seem to have made your own mind up..... so.....I'm in a jolly mood today and

don't want to get dragged down.

Still....you HAVE got each other.. :wub::wub: ........ :D so you're ok.

I'm not totally without my internet resources, I've read who has done the alleged abductions and they cross every make and model of alleged ET known to man.

Who's side are you on anyway?

Geeze, I'm just gobsmacked at your reply... :angry:

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chaoszerg

• emberlake

• DigitalSentinal

• bee

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think we are being ignored by most because we are like a cancer to the belief.

I wonder if Blossoms site will make excuses if nothing happens the 15th, or maybe it will close down from the amount of abuse she may receive of people.

I honestly don't understand why someone would ignore the chance to express their honest thoughts about their pet subject in a forum where thousands of people read it and they could get their message out... To me, Credibility falls through the floor when serious questions go unanswered.

I think the reason we have a hard time getting responses is... folks want to talk about the fluff, but they don't want to acknowledge the unsettling sides of their pet subjects.

I haven't been to Blossom's website. I think it be worth bookmarking just to take a gander at on the 15th. I know it'll be lack of faith and nay-sayers that's gonna scare off the aliens. Shucks, I guess we won't need guns to protect against aliens, just a lot of disbelief. :lol:

Edited in missing words... :blush:

Edited by D is here

I honestly don't understand why someone would ignore the chance to express their honest thoughts about their pet subject in a forum where thousands of people read it and they could get their message out... To me, Credibility falls through the floor when serious questions go unanswered.

I think the reason we have a hard time getting responses is... folks want to talk about the fluff, but they don't want to acknowledge the unsettling sides of their pet subjects.

I haven't been to her website. I think it be worth bookmarking just to take a gander at on the 15th. I know it'll be lack of faith and nay-sayers that's gonna scare off the aliens. Shucks, I guess we won't need guns to protect against aliens, just a lot of disbelief. :lol:

I know what you mean, people are happy to run around trying to make a big deal out of something that has excited them, but like to turn a blind eye and deaf ear when it comes to the negative side, and wish to make it seem like the negative side does not exist.

The higher you build your hopes up the harder they come tumbling down,when it does no go the way it was expected too.

And there will be many hungry sharks who will be waiting at the bottom.

I think the 15th may turn ugly, which I hope it does not.

I know what you mean, people are happy to run around trying to make a big deal out of something that has excited them, but like to turn a blind eye and deaf ear when it comes to the negative side, and wish to make it seem like the negative side does not exist.

The higher you build your hopes up the harder they come tumbling down,when it does no go the way it was expected too.

And there will be many hungry sharks who will be waiting at the bottom.

I think the 15th may turn ugly, which I hope it does not.

The sharks are the worst. Makes me cringe just thinking of the taunting.

But I hope there will be joviality in the 'told you so's' and it'll wear out quickly. At least I hope it does.

It just doesn't make sense to me how one voice could arouse so much passion in an event of extraterrestrial origin. :hmm:

The sharks are the worst. Makes me cringe just thinking of the taunting.

But I hope there will be joviality in the 'told you so's' and it'll wear out quickly. At least I hope it does.

It just doesn't make sense to me how one voice could arouse so much passion in an event of extraterrestrial origin. :hmm:

I think that many are desperate to have some sort of contact with alien beings, and I think that many have so little hope in mankind that they feel the need for a God or Alien to step in and save their butts, and after hearing her, people have latched onto the idea like leeches.

They will suck on this until the 15th, and if it goes to crap and nothing happens, there will be those who will feel very let down and left to the sharks, and I believe there will be those who will try and pretend none of this ever happened, and those who will be so desperate that they will still cling onto this idea and try and make excuses for why it never happened.

This sounds absolutely ludicrous to me. How would some fantastic fairy tale ever be able to force disclosure (of something there most likely doesn't even exist already)?! In my opinion, as chaoszerg also states, some people just need something to believe in. And when that belief is proven wrong, then it is onto the next one.

It is an escapist attitude towards one's life.

Cheers,

Badeskov

I think that many are desperate to have some sort of contact with alien beings, and I think that many have so little hope in mankind that they feel the need for a God or Alien to step in and save their butts, and after hearing her, people have latched onto the idea like leeches.

They will suck on this until the 15th, and if it goes to crap and nothing happens, there will be those who will feel very let down and left to the sharks, and I believe there will be those who will try and pretend none of this ever happened, and those who will be so desperate that they will still cling onto this idea and try and make excuses for why it never happened.

See, I agree that it's the lack of faith in mankind that spawns a desire to have the Aliens ride in on wings of silver and rescue us from ourselves. I've faith in God for my comforts of soul & spirit, but honestly I doubt that divine intervention is gonna happen to spare us the mess of where we gotten our world in to. I do have faith in mankind and pray we will eventually pull ourselves up by our boot straps and even out for the better.

The 15th will surely prove to be an interesting day of reactions on both sides of the fence. It's going to be interesting alright...

Badeskov, I don't think anyone is escaping much here. We're still going to work, still paying the bills, and still taking care of business. What's wrong with a neat message? I vote we make you the ambassador to these Beings when they appear. :D

I wrote the UM article and I'm not even worried about whether or not anything takes place. It'll be business as usual if nothing occurs, and I won't be diving headlong into anything else just because this might not pan out.

I'm reminded of the infamous "8" formation that took place on August 8th, 2008. For weeks, people in the crop circle community felt/knew/hoped that a great formation would take place on that day. And guess what - despite some later sabotaging (read the bottom of the page) that's exactly what they got - arguably the best formation of the season.

I for one don't doubt the power of our ability to manifest and change things - especially if performed collectively.

Edited by DigitalSentinal

This sounds absolutely ludicrous to me. How would some fantastic fairy tale ever be able to force disclosure (of something there most likely doesn't even exist already)?! In my opinion, as chaoszerg also states, some people just need something to believe in. And when that belief is proven wrong, then it is onto the next one.

It is an escapist attitude towards one's life.

Cheers,

Badeskov

I agree , people seem to be escaping to fantasy, to try and make the real world go away.

Governments are evil overlords plotting the domination of the universe, while the people are enslaved, then a mighty being or warriors from far way possessing incredible powers comes along to save the day and make the bad things gone.

If the world is so bad, then is it not better to get your heads out of the clouds and attempt to make it better, instead of sitting in your chairs and hoping that a God, or Goodly Aliens will come and rescue you from the world outside.

Anyone who feels the need for a outside interference to come along and remove the current governments, and take over in my opinion dangerous fanatics.

It is getting a little scary to see how far peoples minds have wandered that it has come to them to beginning wishing the downfall of a human government to be replaced with who knows what.

If you think all this alien visitation stuff is bad now, wait until we prove that life exists on other planets. (if it does exist. ^_^ ) That will be all the fuel they need to run around with the "I told you so's" even though that STILL wouldn't be proof of alien visitation. They would all come out of the woodwork and run about like roaches with all their crazy ideas running rampant. (kinda like now, only worse.) :lol: I think I'll take an extended break from the internet on that day. :tu:

And here's the kicker; she isn't the only one making the prediction. Unbeknownst perhaps even to themselves, statements made by other individuals in the past corroborate her findings, one of these being immortalized on paper by Dannion Brinkley. In his latest book (entitled “Secrets of the Light” and published in 2004) on page 222 Brinkley says:

“By the year 2008, the fact that we are not alone in the universe will be made undeniably clear to everyone on the planet. With millions of planets and billions of stars, I cannot fathom how we could ever thought in any other terms. However, for those who have doubted, the extraterrestrials will make themselves known. I believe they feel they have no choice but to show themselves as we verge on self-annihilation, genocide and toxic poisoning. The truth of our inter-galactic lineage will become common knowledge. If I am to believe the vision, the truth of our intergalactic lineage will cause humanity to take one wild ride.”

Key word bolded.

Even if it is unbeknownst to each other, this could easily be a coincidence

A few things stand out in all this. For one, it is rather unusual for channels and mediums to give exact dates and places for events to occur - let alone the appearance of an alien spacecraft. Some leeway and margin of error is usually provided to allow for interpretation (and for people with less than honorable intentions, room to squiggle out from). Not in this case. Goodchild is adamant and steadfast on the date.

Seems like Miss (?) Wuttunne forgot to mention how Goodchild and other "channelers" have said that this "might not happen in our reality", and even that the ships may not be physical. So she has alot of room to squiggle out of it.

Naysayers will immediately dismiss Goodchild’s statements as ludicrous. However, if Goodchild was consciously perpetrating a hoax and simply wanted to make money with all this (after all, she is an author and actress), she is definitely going about it in the wrong manner. Any skilled marketing representative would tell her to do two things: 1) Be less specific of the date on which the craft is supposed to appear (actually, they would most likely tell her to put it off by at least nine months), and 2) Flood the market with products and services (books, videos, seminar appearances and lectures, etc) so the money can start pouring in. She's done neither. Actually, her prediction was made on August 22nd of this year, with “showtime” being less than three months away - far too soon a timeline for the reaping of financial rewards or fame.

True, but what about the e-books? and who said she has a skilled marketing representative? :P

There is also the inevitable credibility factor to consider. If Goodchild proves to be wrong with this information, it is obvious that whoever enjoyed reading her materials before will begin to shun and avoid her in the future (much like our beloved and elusive Bigfoot hunters from Georgia). So on a personal level, quite a bit is at stake for Goodchild. And she would know this.

all publicity is good publicity.

She's way more known now than before, and alot more people will recognize her name on book covers in the future because of this.

Plus she might easily just say her claims were "sosial experiments" or something like that, and live on with the fame this whole debacle gives her.

To stir the waters even further, consider that the Canadian Prime Minister Mr. Stephen Harper in the last week has called for surprise federal elections to occur on (you guessed it) … October 14th, 2008. According to Mr. Alfred Webre from Exopolitics.com, world officials are taking the announcement of the arrival of an extraterrestrial spacecraft in our skies seriously, and plans may already be underway to pull public focus away from such a seminal event and place it on more domestic and political issues instead.

Do you really think something as mundane as an election could draw attention away from giant alien spacecraft hovering the earth? If anything, this date would be the worst possible time for an election simply because everyone would be to busy gawking at the sky to remember voting.

Even if Blossom turns out to be wrong and nothing occurs on or around October 14th this year, it is clear by humanity's current state of affairs that something of this nature needs to occur anyhow - and sooner rather than later.

Why does it need to occur? have we given up already?

*flush*

Ok forgive my cynicism here, I hope something happens on this day, but flaws are flaws and in this case they needed to be pointed out. :tu:

Seems like Miss (?) Wuttunne forgot to mention how Goodchild and other "channelers" have said that this "might not happen in our reality", and even that the ships may not be physical. So she has alot of room to squiggle out of it.

Oh my stars... all this hullabaloo for this "might not happen in our reality"

~shakes head & is stunned to silence~

I have faith in humanity, but I feel really sad and depressed when I think of those who feel the need to have something unknown come along and put them on their feet, and then have that same unknown being to say, this is how you do things, and then make the world a better place.

Are people that miserable with their lives?

I have faith in humanity, but I feel really sad and depressed when I think of those who feel the need to have something unknown come along and put them on their feet, and then have that same unknown being to say, this is how you do things, and then make the world a better place.

Are people that miserable with their lives?

I would like to see this prediction be real only because of how interesting the world might become afterward. I'm all for a little agitation to the daily grind :D .

I would like to see this prediction be real only because of how interesting the world might become afterward. I'm all for a little agitation to the daily grind :D .

I would love to see a ship also, but not have them stay or interfere with our lives.

Edit: fixed sentence.

Edited by chaoszerg

I would love to see a like ship also, but not have them stay or interfere with our lives.

If they just showed up to make an appearance and left, there might be "doomsday" riots in some places, but nothing too bad. If they actually made contact and revealed historical and scientific information, I have no way of predicting what may happen. That's what would make a public alien encounter so much fun ^^.

Edited by Wickian

So far these supposed beings have said they plan on revealing their ship and just sitting there for so many hours, this is a horrible thing to do because it will cause fear and paranoia. I would rather see a ship fly by instead of making full blown contact, and I would prefer it even more If we spotted a ship or alien race a very, very, very long distance away from earth.

I would love to see a ship also, but not have them stay or interfere with our lives.

I beg for interference. Not messianic in nature. Just mentorship and guidance. Help - not saving.

So far these supposed beings have said they plan on revealing their ship and just sitting there for so many hours, this is a horrible thing to do because it will cause fear and paranoia.

Not with a frame of reference it wouldn't. Remember: you have quacks like Blossom, White Cloud, and Miss Wuttunee to rely upon for reference. It wouldn't be like the arrival was unannounced beforehand. ;)

let them come say hi. maybe upgrade our libraries with some world history and some science stuff and anything else we can handle with out blowing our selves up. maybe some mutually beneficial trade. we will see, could just be another day :D

Edited by Eaglelox

And how many times have predictions like this been made? I can't count anymore. I wish it'd happen, it'd be cool. I live in Louisiana, so if it's huge, I'll be able to see it easily. But, I seriously doubt anything would happen. Why should I believe, because someone said so?

And how many times have predictions like this been made?

You mean with precise dates and precise whereabouts? Count none AFAIK. All of the other predictions were somewhat vague in nature. That's what makes this so cool.

you dont, i dont think anyone should have to. i m in to it because i would like it to happen and if it doesnt, no biggie. life as normal. things still need fixin, bills need paying, back to work.

besides, i have a very important Halloween party to have. better not mess that up, its finally on a friday. :D

Edited by Eaglelox

Well, some people are already preparing an excuse for when it doesn't happen. A new thing is going around called "Decide Whether we should show up", in which they claim it is completely up to the masses whether or not they'll show up or not. If not enough humans say "Yes", they won't show up, so they are asking people to pass it on.

http://www.geocities.com/changetheworld_no...getheworld1.htm

Just in-case, pass it on! =)

And as one forum member on Unexplained-Mysteries remarked, the date itself is unique because October 14th 2008 translates to 10-14-2008, which becomes (if you subtract each number from the next) …minus 2012. Coincidence? Perhaps.

We got plugged yay. And who did the maths?

If it turns out she was lying, she will have to deal with the backlash, even though there probably will be people who will try and defend her and still cling to the idea that she has some special ability to channel aliens.

lol if they dont show she can blame it on the cost of gas.

If a alien race did turn up, and they did in the end turn out to be hostile, I believe we would have already lost.

We are too divided and would bring upon our own downfall.

very very true.