Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The 13-year-old with gigantic size 17 feet

Owlscrying

linked-image

While his school friends enjoy a game of football, 13-year-old Ollie Abbott has to kick his heels on the touchline.

Not because he's injured, but because his feet are too big. Having gone up five sizes since Christmas, he now takes size 17s. And his mother Caroline has been unable to find any football boots to fit him.

Ollie, from Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire, was born a month prematurely weighing only 5lb, but is now 6ft 2in and showing no signs of stopping growing.

It is difficult enough for Mrs Abbott and her husband Martin to find ordinary school shoes for their son. But football boots have proved an impossibility.

Ollie's size also means his parents have just ordered him a big new double bed after he outgrew his existing one.

Ollie says it is a nightmare finding shoes to fit him. 'I've got a pair of size 16 Doc Martens. I wear them but I have to crunch my toes up,' he said.

'I don't mind having large feet. I quite like it because it makes me different from everyone else.

'But it's annoying having to sit out sport and watch and it's difficult to get trendy shoes because they don't make them in my size.'

Headteacher John Reilly said he had never come across such a problem before. He said: 'It's unusual to have that size feet at any age let alone 13 and still growing.'

go

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Owlscrying

• Bear's Quest

• Still Waters

• jennalily

It's a wonder he doesn't trip over himself when he's walking, and finding shoes to fit must be a nightmare. Once upon a time the average UK shoe shops would only stock up to a size 11 in mens shoes, if you wanted a bigger size some of the more elite shoe shops I think stocked up to size 13....after that they had to be custom made.

It's a wonder he doesn't trip over himself when he's walking, and finding shoes to fit must be a nightmare. Once upon a time the average UK shoe shops would only stock up to a size 11 in mens shoes, if you wanted a bigger size some of the more elite shoe shops I think stocked up to size 13....after that they had to be custom made.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think kids in general are just absolute giants these days- stories like this appear now to be relatively common although admittedly, the issue of the shoe size slightly less so. My son is 13 and is 6ft2 as well and takes a 12 in trainers already so I know how his Mum must feel!

Well... you know what they say about large feet and big shoes....

extra long socks. ;)

i was thinking something else :lol:

large pair of toe nail clips :yes:

Does the boy have a glandular problem??? What do the doctors say. At this rate, the boy will be a monster. I bet some basketball team would like to have him.