Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Did McCain Diss Spain?

Fluffybunny

Hey, AROCES, do you plan to take time from once again leading the discussion away on a red herring to actually look at the real reason why this was a ****-up on McCain's part? He mentioned "friends in the hemisphere" and the like, suggesting that he honestly couldn't remember who Zapatero was at the time, and simply assumed he was Random Latin American President #11. All of which would be slightly trivial, were it not for the fact that his campaign came roaring back with the claim that he knew exactly what he was talking (even though, he, well, didn't).

He doesn't know someone's name who he hasn't met, so?

All he knows is Spain is an ally, and when it's time to deal with Spain he simply would ask his advisers who is the head of spain and what do we have on him.

That is simply how it works, it's not a matter of getting to know names who you think he ought to know, like as if it's a game show.

Edited by AROCES

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AROCES

• questionmark

• Fluffybunny

• SilverCougar

However it gives the person a good sence of the needs of people.

We have Representatives of each district to adress the needs of the people. A Presidents main task is to govern and make policies that will benefit the country as a whole.

He does not have to focus on the needs of the people, just keep the economy sound, the country safe, make sure we live by the constitution of tre country and make policies that he thinks is best for the country even if it means some will disagree or oppose.

Which just goes to show a piece of our foriegn problems. We wxpect the world to know out leader.. but we can't expect our leader to *ATLEAST* know the names and countries of our allies

A President will simply ask his Foreign Policy adivsers for names of leaders, I mean that is why they are there. :tu:

Edited by AROCES

Because being a community organiser and working with a community to better it is such a *horrible* thing.. since apparently being president means you don't have to worry about organising a community and making it..better...oh wait.. it does!

It isn't a bad thing.

But there is a significant difference between organizing local communitty activities for little pay, with no particular license or training, and no one supervising you - verses - someone who has been the head of some group or organization, who's future is determined by how well they do their job or not, who has to answer to someone on a regular basis, who is the person who's sole decision effects the lives of others.

But this has all been hashed out too much already here.

If you think that is bad, read the statistics about how many Americans are capable of finding the USA on a map ... a majority supposes it where Russia is, 'cause it is the biggest country.

We are next to China right?

All he knows is Spain is an ally, and when it's time to deal with Spain he simply would ask his advisers who is the head of spain and what do we have on him.

That is simply how it works, it's not a matter of getting to know names who you think he ought to know, like as if it's a game show.

Except that earlier on in last year, he was a voice for reconciliation with Zapatero after said politician knocked out the Bush campaign's favorite, the conservative Jose Aznar. Not to mention that he still placed Spain in the wrong hemisphere and clearly had no idea of what Spain's significance was in the whole issue in an interview by a Spanish reporter, otherwise he would have spoken about Spain's role in the EU, European politics, Afghanistan, and so forth.

One would assume that people would have a slightly higher standard for the guy who wants to run the United States...

This is the problem with the numskulls in this country that want a president(or VP) that they can "relate" to...most people in this country are not the caliber of people that could pull off the job of president or vp(or anywhere even close), yet they somehow think that a vp that is like them is somehow qualified to run the free world.

Maybe I am crazy to have a tad higher standard for the president. The average joe on the street may not need to know who the current leader of Spain is, but Senators and presidents and VP's certainly should have that down very well. The bar has been set too low for the last 8 years with a president that has embarrassed us time and time again, its time to expect more from our leaders.

Its pretty clear that they guy had no clue and was not smooth enough to elicit further information and come up with a good answer. A simple question and he ended up looking like an idiot. The guy still refers to Czechoslovakia repeatedly, and the iraq/afghanastan border...

Except that earlier on in last year, he was a voice for reconciliation with Zapatero after said politician knocked out the Bush campaign's favorite, the conservative Jose Aznar. Not to mention that he still placed Spain in the wrong hemisphere and clearly had no idea of what Spain's significance was in the whole issue in an interview by a Spanish reporter, otherwise he would have spoken about Spain's role in the EU, European politics, Afghanistan, and so forth.

Would that have any effect on whatever policy he would have? I don't think so.

One would assume that people would have a slightly higher standard for the guy who wants to run the United States...

This is the problem with the numskulls in this country that want a president(or VP) that they can "relate" to...most people in this country are not the caliber of people that could pull off the job of president or vp(or anywhere even close), yet they somehow think that a vp that is like them is somehow qualified to run the free world.

Maybe I am crazy to have a tad higher standard for the president. The average joe on the street may not need to know who the current leader of Spain is, but Senators and presidents and VP's certainly should have that down very well. The bar has been set too low for the last 8 years with a president that has embarrassed us time and time again, its time to expect more from our leaders.

Its pretty clear that they guy had no clue and was not smooth enough to elicit further information and come up with a good answer. A simple question and he ended up looking like an idiot. The guy still refers to Czechoslovakia repeatedly, and the iraq/afghanastan border...

AGAIN, that is why you have advisers for no President would be able to know everything or everyone.

A good leader surrounds himself with good people working for him/her.

AGAIN, that is why you have advisers for no President would be able to know everything or everyone.

So in plain ol' English... we went from democracy to Advisocracy by the way of a Democrazy.... wonderful.... Why do we bother to vote if the country is going to be run by advisers?

Not everyone no...leader of a major nato ally(Spain) that we have been dealing with for the past several years???

You set the bar too low...you expect too little of your leader...it isnt that tough a question, it isnt exactly Jeopardy...If I knew who he was just from watching tv and reading the news...a guy who makes his living in the senate aught to be able to ring a bell with the name, or be smooth enough to elicit a further response to be able to make a better response.

we are talking about the leader of the free world, not the manager of the local Taco Bell...

we are talking about the leader of the free world, not the manager of the local Taco Bell...

soon to be the former leader of the free world if they are of Dubya's caliber.

That's right, we should expect more from our leaders! I mean they're gonna manage the major player of the western world, not the local McDonalds...

erm er :unsure2: that's not a slur against Obama, er if he wins.... erm in fact many McDonald managers are indeed white!

Phew!

So in plain ol' English... we went from democracy to Advisocracy by the way of a Democrazy.... wonderful.... Why do we bother to vote if the country is going to be run by advisers?

BECAUSE a leader gets to make the final decision or call base on input from advisers, cabinet members or administration members.

He does not sit there and supposedly know everything better than anyone else

Now do you understand how it works?

Not everyone no...leader of a major nato ally(Spain) that we have been dealing with for the past several years???

So he forgot the name, that disqaulify one as President?

Would you disqualify Obaman if he suddenly forgot the name of the leader of Spain? You won't, as you can see it's just politics.

You set the bar too low...you expect too little of your leader...it isnt that tough a question, it isnt exactly Jeopardy...If I knew who he was just from watching tv and reading the news...a guy who makes his living in the senate aught to be able to ring a bell with the name, or be smooth enough to elicit a further response to be able to make a better response.

Nope, game show questions does not gauge a would be President. It's what he has done or his records says.

A good example is a community organizer for President, now that is setting the bar really low. :yes:

BECAUSE a leader gets to make the final decision or call base on input from advisers, cabinet members or administration members.

And how can a leader make a informed decision if does not know what the advisers are talking about? Go after the Blond Secretary Method?

So he forgot the name, that disqaulify one as President?

In combination with the fact that he seems to have lost his integrity and is willing to say anything to become president, including flat out lieing(compounded by the other boneheaded mistakes he has made), yeah it does.

Would you disqualify Obaman if he suddenly forgot the name of the leader of Spain? You won't, as you can see it's just politics.

I dont know if you knew this, but there are more than just two parties, and just two opinions. Because I trust McCain anymore doesnt mean I am in the obama camp either; but based on what you have been writing, I know that anyone who disagrees with the right wing automatically gets labeled a liberal...or "you guys"...

Nope, game show questions does not gauge a would be President. It's what he has done or his records says.

A good example is a community organizer for President, now that is setting the bar really low. :yes:

I dont know about you, but I am tired of being embarrassed by my president on a regular basis. I am tired of the leader of my country looking like an idiot and a buffoon. Maybe you want a guy who stumbles about and needs a squad of people to feed him answers to easy questions, who offends allies, who stumbles into wars he cant get out of, who bankrupts countries...

That may be just fine for you. You have been 100% positive of bush and every move he has made, to the point of ignoring obvious situations that are really occurring.

I have a bit higher standard. I'd want a guy that doesn't need a team of people to answer simple questions regarding people he has been dealing with for years. Most have done it. It isnt that hard.

I want a guy who is diplomatic enough to answer questions regarding other world leaders without offending people when he doesn't mean to...it isn't asking for much. Considering this is the position that controls one of the highest/most powerful offices in the world, I am expecting the bar to be a bit higher, and to be honest, McCain hasn't cut it. He's already lied(several times, boldly), gone back on many things he has been working towards and what his record says for the past 3 decades in just the last 48 hours(banking regulation) and acted like hes been a supporter of regulation all along. He has really just gone over the top. I dont mind "spin", hell, everyone does that. Spin and bold face lies are two different things.

He's selling his soul and doing all this and he hasnt even made it into office yet. I know I certainly cant trust anything he says, as he is willing to say anything(and change it at a moments notice) up to including bold face lies.

Is Obama any better? I dont know...is he anymore qualified? no. McCain should be walking all over him, but he went and chose palin after making such a big deal of Obama's lack of experience, which is just irony at its finest. Does Obama make mistakes? yes. Is he a lot of talk? yes. I dont know what kind of president he'd make and I am not fond of the guy, but he appears to have more integrity than MCcain, which is pretty dang key at this point and the polls reflect that. hell at this point Mccain is losing the bump he had from the convention and things are settling back to what they were beforehand...people seem to be catching on to what is going on.

And how can a leader make a informed decision if does not know what the advisers are talking about? Go after the Blond Secretary Method?

It's his way of thinking, understanding and common sense he has acquired that he base his decisions on.

The knowledge contineous on and his sources are not just thru books and the media.

In combination with the fact that he seems to have lost his integrity and is willing to say anything to become president, including flat out lieing(compounded by the other boneheaded mistakes he has made), yeah it does.

If that is the case then everyone will be disqualified in no time.

I dont know if you knew this, but there are more than just two parties, and just two opinions. Because I trust McCain anymore doesnt mean I am in the obama camp either; but based on what you have been writing, I know that anyone who disagrees with the right wing automatically gets labeled a liberal...or "you guys"...

Well, you can't blame us with all the carpet bombing going on from the left, right?

Kind of hard to say who is who. ;)

I dont know about you, but I am tired of being embarrassed by my president on a regular basis. I am tired of the leader of my country looking like an idiot and a buffoon. Maybe you want a guy who stumbles about and needs a squad of people to feed him answers to easy questions, who offends allies, who stumbles into wars he cant get out of, who bankrupts countries...

I don't see it that way really, I find a leader who made a decision not based on poll results.

The legacy of any President will be written after, not at the present time.

That may be just fine for you. You have been 100% positive of bush and every move he has made, to the point of ignoring obvious situations that are really occurring.

Actually, I for one never expect any leader to do everything I hope he would do. I simply agree with his respond to 9/11 over all.

Can't be soft really for that only emboldens the enemies and make them want to hurt us more.

He's selling his soul and doing all this and he hasnt even made it into office yet. I know I certainly cant trust anything he says, as he is willing to say anything(and change it at a moments notice) up to including bold face lies.

I think the guy already has proven enough what he would do for his country.

Is Obama any better? I dont know...is he anymore qualified? no. McCain should be walking all over him, but he went and chose palin after making such a big deal of Obama's lack of experience, which is just irony at its finest. Does Obama make mistakes? yes. Is he a lot of talk? yes. I dont know what kind of president he'd make and I am not fond of the guy, but he appears to have more integrity than MCcain, which is pretty dang key at this point and the polls reflect that. hell at this point Mccain is losing the bump he had from the convention and things are settling back to what they were beforehand...people seem to be catching on to what is going on.

More integrity? Because he promises people and tells them his policies are better?

What about him promising to help everyone, that is integrity?

Obama had a big lead in polls, McCain caught up and then had a slight lead. Now it shows a tie, that is settling back???????? Now this is perfect example of a lie or false propaganda.

Same as when the GOP want to limit the budget increase to 20% instead of 25% the Dem wants, they go to the press and say the GOP wants to CUT funding. :rolleyes:

More integrity? Because he promises people and tells them his policies are better?

Well, to this point obama hasnt made any bold faced lies like mccain has. So to this point, yeah he does have more integrity. Sad huh? Here is a guy with this great background and story who blows it in order to win the election. Then again, maybe to some people it is acceptable to lie and cheat just as long as you can justify it by winning... I used to really support and respect the man. Not any more. Are Obamas policies any better? some are, some aren't. Same goes for mccain. I didnt agree 100% with anyone.

Well, to this point obama hasnt made any bold faced lies like mccain has.

The Spanish-speaking Rush Limbaugh commercial is a flat out lie.

It's his way of thinking, understanding and common sense he has acquired that he base his decisions on.

The knowledge contineous on and his sources are not just thru books and the media.

Right, that is how we went to war over "weapons of mass destruction", failed to arrest bin Laden and the economy is in turmoil, while at the time the friends of the advisers (Haliburton comes to mind) got so filthy rich they don't know what to do with the cash ... and to evade paying taxes, like everybody should, they move their headquarters abroad. Thank you but there has been enough advisercracy in the US.

Yup. God advises Bush. Bush then invades Iraq. Got it.

Yup. God advises Bush. Bush then invades Iraq. Got it.

Had Bush not gone after Saddam and raised taxes on the rich instead because God advised him then you be saying, PRAISE THE LORD! :yes:

Yeah, I get it.

Edited by AROCES