Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Top Republican says Palin unready

__Kratos__

source

The text which McCain plagiarized (or 'used as a source') was apart of the wikipedia article at least 2 1/2 weeks prior to his speech (assuming it was given Aug. 11...I dont remember the date of the speech).

So no, the article was not changed to fit McCain's speech after the fact.

**edit: careless writing, lol

O.K. Thanks for the source - I'll be checking into it more.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishAidan07

• Startraveler

• Incorrigible1

• Aristocrates

"I'm not sure what she brings to the ticket other than she's a woman and a conservative." –Sarah Palin's mother-in-law, Faye Palin, who said she may vote for Obama

"She's old enough. She's a U.S. citizen." --John Harris, Alaska's Republican speaker of the house, when asked about Palin's qualifications for vice president

about says it all. really. The debate ought to be lots of fun.

"I'm not sure what she brings to the ticket other than she's a woman and a conservative." –Sarah Palin's mother-in-law, Faye Palin, who said she may vote for Obama

"She's old enough. She's a U.S. citizen." --John Harris, Alaska's Republican speaker of the house, when asked about Palin's qualifications for vice president

about says it all. really. The debate ought to be lots of fun.

I am cringing in anticipation. :ph34r:

How many of the above names - save Biden - have been accused of plagiarism...twice?

Yeah. That coupled with his double-talk is enough for me to despise him.

Couple of questions for you, Irish.

Did Biden write the speech (for the second accusation of plagiarism), or was it written for him?

Do all politicians check the sources of their speechwriters?

Couple of questions for you, Irish.

Did Biden write the speech (for the second accusation of plagiarism), or was it written for him?

Do all politicians check the sources of their speechwriters?

Well, my friend, if they don't then that is simply another reason they shouldn't be in office. After all, when I cast a vote for someone, I am casting it for that person - not their speechwriters, secretaries, et cetera...

Edited by IrishAidan

Senator Hagel was considered a possible running-mate of Obama's. I'm quite satisfied, personally, with the performance Hagel has provided as my Senator.

Never liked Hagel and consider him the same as former Senator Lincoln Chaffee. Democrats calling themselves Republicans.

Never liked Hagel and consider him the same as former Senator Lincoln Chaffee. Democrats calling themselves Republicans.

Yet Hagel is not a RINO. He's been an outspoken critic of the war, but otherwise his record is staunchly conservative.

That must be why I like him.

Chaffee was a RINO - Hagel is not.

Hagel On The Issues

Hagel's Rating:

linked-image

Chafee's Rating:

linked-image

RINO = Republican In Name Only. Clearly that isn't Hagel.

Chaffee was voted out because the Democrats wanted control of the boards and such. Had Chaffee stayed in office, the general voting would have leaned Democratic, but the Repubs would still have had control of the boards and committees.

Edited by IrishAidan