Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Need help to show investigators!

iph33r

I currently live in a house that is haunted by two ghosts. I have done research on this residence, and there has not been any deaths or anything drastic to provoke an haunting. They have made their presence known to me and my family. There is one ghost lady that we think watches over us because we do not feel threatened by her, and every time she makes herself known to us, it was always in a gentle way.

However, there is the other ghost that is the problem. He is much more aggressive, and creates a very negative atmosphere whenever he is capable. He can also get physical, because at random times, we will hear the door to the attic slam, and when we go to investigate it, we find the light in the attic turned on.

I don't like admitting this, but I am an empath psychic, and this particular ghost is a problem for me. I can feel the negativity that he gives off, and there are times when I feel extremely agitated when I have no reason to feel that way.

Now, the big issue I have right now is that I have had a ghost hunting team come investigate my house, and they say it is not haunted. That is not right, seeing how I have SEEN both of them at least once. How can I prove them wrong? How can I make the ghosts show themselves?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• iph33r

• LadyHay

• ValkyrieVoice

• Veliska

Unfortunately, ghosts do not show up on demand, it could very well be that when the investgators were there, they found no proof of a haunting but that does not mean your house is not haunted..I am sure what you are feeling are legitmate claims.

You will have to keep trying and document everything that happens..Try to take pics when you sense activity..

Hope this helps.

Donna

http://www.chipsparanormal.com

I currently live in a house that is haunted by two ghosts. I have done research on this residence, and there has not been any deaths or anything drastic to provoke an haunting. They have made their presence known to me and my family. There is one ghost lady that we think watches over us because we do not feel threatened by her, and every time she makes herself known to us, it was always in a gentle way.

However, there is the other ghost that is the problem. He is much more aggressive, and creates a very negative atmosphere whenever he is capable. He can also get physical, because at random times, we will hear the door to the attic slam, and when we go to investigate it, we find the light in the attic turned on.

I don't like admitting this, but I am an empath psychic, and this particular ghost is a problem for me. I can feel the negativity that he gives off, and there are times when I feel extremely agitated when I have no reason to feel that way.

Now, the big issue I have right now is that I have had a ghost hunting team come investigate my house, and they say it is not haunted. That is not right, seeing how I have SEEN both of them at least once. How can I prove them wrong? How can I make the ghosts show themselves?

What are you asking exactly. Like what evidence YOU can produce to convince others?

Just because no deaths have taken place at that particular property doesn't mean your house isn't paranormally active. I grew up in an extremely negative household, violent and unsafe. Spirits attach themselves to negative energy/energies sometimes, such as they did in the house I grew up in. We had poltergeist activity, smells, sounds, the whole 9 yards. Perhaps whomever lived on the property before you and your family experienced the same things that I did when I was a child, the negativity, of someone or others in their family and spirits attached themselves to the energy. The energy could be residual and so the spirits have lingered.

I agree that you should take a lot of pictures and document every incident that happens. Can you do any E.V.P. work yourself? Ghosts/spirits don't show up on que, and maybe they didn't manifest at the time the ghost hunters were there. You're on site more and have more access to them and these ghosts/spirits are use to you and have manifested themselves around you and your family. Your chances are higher at capturing E.V.P. or photographic evidence than the ghost hunter's were. Keep us updated, okay? I find this fascinating!

:tu:

That's pretty weird that a team would ascertain that after one night. Did they say why they felt it was not haunted? Pretty staunch statement and one I would never feel comfortable stating either way.

Unfortunately, ghosts do not show up on demand, it could very well be that when the investgators were there, they found no proof of a haunting but that does not mean your house is not haunted..I am sure what you are feeling are legitmate claims.

You will have to keep trying and document everything that happens..Try to take pics when you sense activity..

Hope this helps.

Donna

http://www.chipsparanormal.com

Well, the investigators are absolutely convinced that there is no haunting going on in my house.

Just because no deaths have taken place at that particular property doesn't mean your house isn't paranormally active. I grew up in an extremely negative household, violent and unsafe. Spirits attach themselves to negative energy/energies sometimes, such as they did in the house I grew up in. We had poltergeist activity, smells, sounds, the whole 9 yards. Perhaps whomever lived on the property before you and your family experienced the same things that I did when I was a child, the negativity, of someone or others in their family and spirits attached themselves to the energy. The energy could be residual and so the spirits have lingered.

I agree that you should take a lot of pictures and document every incident that happens. Can you do any E.V.P. work yourself? Ghosts/spirits don't show up on que, and maybe they didn't manifest at the time the ghost hunters were there. You're on site more and have more access to them and these ghosts/spirits are use to you and have manifested themselves around you and your family. Your chances are higher at capturing E.V.P. or photographic evidence than the ghost hunter's were. Keep us updated, okay? I find this fascinating!

:tu:

I have tried EVP, and it's not as effective as I'd like it to be. I have taken photos and filmed the attic after a "door slam" incident, but came up with nothing. I also tried having senaces, but only to no avail. I have read about Ouija Boards, and these seem to only create more potential problems in the future, so I'm avoiding that. I'm thinking, if the ghost hunters are absolutely convinced the house isn't haunted, then their methods are probably not the best to create evidence.

Also, I've done some research on hauntings, and I have read that psychics "feed" energy to the entities, which can make things a worse experience to the residents. Is this true, because I am pretty strong in the area of empathy. I don't really like being "psychic" because of all these complications, but seem to have inherited it from my mother. She doesn't believe in having abilites at all, but she has shown signs of postcognition in the past.

I have experienced astral projection only twice in my whole life, and one of them was the first time for me to meet the "man" ghost. It seems that when I made my presence known to him during that experience, he became active. However, the lady ghost has been physical with me, yet not in a harmful way. I've been woken up in the middle of the night to someone rubbing my shoulder (which I usually mistake for my mom).

The activity that the ghosts create aren't exactly easy to record on video or anything, seeing how we usually encounter them through physical experiences, however, I'm continuing my efforts. I am thinking of getting a psychic of sorts to investigate my house.

That's pretty weird that a team would ascertain that after one night. Did they say why they felt it was not haunted? Pretty staunch statement and one I would never feel comfortable stating either way.

Well, they did all sorts of things in the area of most activity, which is the attic. They set up recorders overnight, and had a camera running. They also set some items of "interest" such as pictures and jewelry (they provided the jewelry, don't worry lol) and pencil/paper. They did this for two nights in a row, and brought up absolutely no results. They gave us their number for the next time an incident occurred, so they'd get to investigate the scene fresh after an incident. They said this investigation shows absolutely no signs of entities, especially when their EMP readers brought up nothing. They mentioned that even houses that bring up no activity, have evidence of present entities through their EMP readers.

Well, they did all sorts of things in the area of most activity, which is the attic. They set up recorders overnight, and had a camera running. They also set some items of "interest" such as pictures and jewelry (they provided the jewelry, don't worry lol) and pencil/paper. They did this for two nights in a row, and brought up absolutely no results. They gave us their number for the next time an incident occurred, so they'd get to investigate the scene fresh after an incident. They said this investigation shows absolutely no signs of entities, especially when their EMP readers brought up nothing. They mentioned that even houses that bring up no activity, have evidence of present entities through their EMP readers.

If they were experienced, they would not state that you have no ghosts because nothing read on their EMF detector. EMF detectors are used to detect electromagnetic fields - not ghosts! Unless they had all power turned off, they were likely to get a reading because it EM is present where ever there is electromagnetic currents.

I've been to many investigations where nothing happens (haunting-wise). We just call it an uneventful night and hope for more later and never close a case. And we never tell a witness that their home is not haunted (or even that it IS haunted) because that is not really up to us to say.

I'm not saying that all groups should operate this way, but I am saying that it is unfortunate that they seem so ready to discount this as a haunting.

Some hauntings can shy away from big groups of paranormal investigators. It's not normal for several people to show up and go poking around the house, so they hide and wait for them to leave. In cases like this I often come back alone with a minimal amount of equipment to see if I can catch anyything alone.

It works sometimes and if the group you had investigate said that your place isn't haunted after only one visit you didn't find a very good paranormal team. You want a group willing to leave recording devices behind to catch several days worth of activity.

Edited by cpjason

Some hauntings can shy away from big groups of paranormal investigators. It's not normal for several people to show up and go poking around the house, so they hide and wait for them to leave. In cases like this I often come back alone with a minimal amount of equipment to see if I can catch anyything alone.

It works sometimes and if the group you had investigate said that your place isn't haunted after only one visit you didn't find a very good paranormal team. You want a group willing to leave recording devices behind to catch several days worth of activity.

you raise a good point. I probably should do some "hunting" on my own, setting up equipment and the such to get some evidence of my own.

you raise a good point. I probably should do some "hunting" on my own, setting up equipment and the such to get some evidence of my own.

That's a great idea! Can I make a few suggestions to start you off?

First and most important IMO, a diary. Journal everything that happens, no matter how insignificant it may seem. Time, date, location, witnesses, etc.

Then get a cheap shoebox analog audio recording device, unless, of course, you have digital. External mic so as not to pick up the sounds of the mechanism in the recording device.

I know you probably know the rest, but if you are stuck, ask anyone here. We all have some experience with this.

Oh I'm glad to see you're thinking this way!

Okay, I have two things to ask:

1) Should I get a psychic involved in this investigation?

2) And, how can I expel solely the male ghost? My immediate family appreciates the lady ghost's presence, but not the other.

That's a great idea! Can I make a few suggestions to start you off?

First and most important IMO, a diary. Journal everything that happens, no matter how insignificant it may seem. Time, date, location, witnesses, etc.

Then get a cheap shoebox analog audio recording device, unless, of course, you have digital. External mic so as not to pick up the sounds of the mechanism in the recording device.

I know you probably know the rest, but if you are stuck, ask anyone here. We all have some experience with this.

Oh I'm glad to see you're thinking this way!

Okay! I'll take you up on that advice! :)

Okay, I have two things to ask:

1) Should I get a psychic involved in this investigation?

2) And, how can I expel solely the male ghost? My immediate family appreciates the lady ghost's presence, but not the other.

I am not sure. I would (but this is a personal thing) cleanse the home using sage and my own power, asking that all negative get out. Only positive can stay. Or you can be more direct and tell the male ghost to hit the road.

I am so leery of psychics. I believe in them, but finding a legitimate, honest one is difficult. You probably have to go through word of mouth. A few psychics or mediums here do a group night. For $20 bucks you can get a group setting reading. Its fun, but its also cheaper than paying 300 for a psychic or medium you don't have faith in. Thats one option.

Where are you located?

I am not sure. I would (but this is a personal thing) cleanse the home using sage and my own power, asking that all negative get out. Only positive can stay. Or you can be more direct and tell the male ghost to hit the road.

I am so leery of psychics. I believe in them, but finding a legitimate, honest one is difficult. You probably have to go through word of mouth. A few psychics or mediums here do a group night. For $20 bucks you can get a group setting reading. Its fun, but its also cheaper than paying 300 for a psychic or medium you don't have faith in. Thats one option.

Where are you located?

I'm located in Northeastern Oklahoma.

Also, what do you mean by "My own power"? And I think I might do a group reading. The ghosts tend to appear when things are at their extreme, such as running high emotions or something similar, and a group reading may provoke that.

Well, the investigators are absolutely convinced that there is no haunting going on in my house.

I have tried EVP, and it's not as effective as I'd like it to be. I have taken photos and filmed the attic after a "door slam" incident, but came up with nothing. I also tried having senaces, but only to no avail. I have read about Ouija Boards, and these seem to only create more potential problems in the future, so I'm avoiding that. I'm thinking, if the ghost hunters are absolutely convinced the house isn't haunted, then their methods are probably not the best to create evidence.

Also, I've done some research on hauntings, and I have read that psychics "feed" energy to the entities, which can make things a worse experience to the residents. Is this true, because I am pretty strong in the area of empathy. I don't really like being "psychic" because of all these complications, but seem to have inherited it from my mother. She doesn't believe in having abilites at all, but she has shown signs of postcognition in the past.

I have experienced astral projection only twice in my whole life, and one of them was the first time for me to meet the "man" ghost. It seems that when I made my presence known to him during that experience, he became active. However, the lady ghost has been physical with me, yet not in a harmful way. I've been woken up in the middle of the night to someone rubbing my shoulder (which I usually mistake for my mom).

The activity that the ghosts create aren't exactly easy to record on video or anything, seeing how we usually encounter them through physical experiences, however, I'm continuing my efforts. I am thinking of getting a psychic of sorts to investigate my house.

Sometimes you have to make several attempts with E.V.P.'s and photographs. I don't advise bringing a Ouija board into anything though. I believe that Ouija boards serve as portals and they can bring in more than you bargained for.

Regarding psychics causing more activity to come about, or that psychics "fuel the fire", so to speak where spirits/ghosts are concerned? I think it all depends upon intentions. If a psychic doesn't go into it with the intent of feeding whatever's there, then that won't happen. If one goes in with the intention of doing so, it may happen.

I can't really comment on the astral projection thing as I'm not learned in astral projection. Infact, it's something I fear, to be perfectly honest with you.

I'd strongly encourage you to continue in your E.V.P. and photographic efforts if you really desire to either communicate or to collect evidence of the paranormal activities that are going on in your home.

I read through this thread and feel that unfortunately the investigation may have been too quick. I'm not judging because I do not know all the details of the case but I founded a paranormal society located in Munroe Falls, Ohio and our process is very detailed. I would love to give you a second opinion but unfortunately we do not cover that area. I would be happy to advise you on any matters that you are troubled with pertaining to this activity if you would like to contact me.

I can be reached:

Web Site: http://www.munroe-falls-paranormal-society.com

Email: ehaney@neo.rr.com

Eric Haney

Paranormal Investigator and Founder of MFPS

I'll just say that when my team investigates for a family, we never say to the client that their home is not haunted unless we can actually explain the activity as something rational. If we can't, but just find no evidence, we typically give the conclusion of that night's investigation as being "unable to confirm or deny the reports of activity."

If you weren't comfortable with that group, perhaps try finding a group in your area that is affiliated with a respectable organization, such as the Taps Family or Troy Taylor's American Ghost Society.

I read through this thread and feel that unfortunately the investigation may have been too quick. I'm not judging because I do not know all the details of the case but I founded a paranormal society located in Munroe Falls, Ohio and our process is very detailed. I would love to give you a second opinion but unfortunately we do not cover that area. I would be happy to advise you on any matters that you are troubled with pertaining to this activity if you would like to contact me.

I can be reached:

Web Site: http://www.munroe-falls-paranormal-society.com

Email: ehaney@neo.rr.com

Eric Haney

Paranormal Investigator and Founder of MFPS

Solicitation? tsk tsk

I agree with the others that has said to try and capture some EVPs and Photos, if you want to prove them wrong. If you already now it is haunted why bother hiring an investigation team anyways.

I agree with the others that has said to try and capture some EVPs and Photos, if you want to prove them wrong. If you already now it is haunted why bother hiring an investigation team anyways.

Well, I was hoping to find out more details about how to make the aggressiviness of the male ghost become docile, or at least how to make it go away. They say they needed more evidence to make a diagnosis for how to expel it.

Well, I was hoping to find out more details about how to make the aggressiviness of the male ghost become docile, or at least how to make it go away. They say they needed more evidence to make a diagnosis for how to expel it.

Good luck I hope everything turns out ok