Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Web Designing

Mysterious Glitch

I need help with vertically aligning a table for a site that I'm creating. I'm trying to put the table on the bottom of the screen and hopefully have it stay there even when I scroll. Does anyone know how to do this, if so please let me know, thanks!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mysterious Glitch

• MissMelsWell

• questionmark

• sam2008

I need help with vertically aligning a table for a site that I'm creating. I'm trying to put the table on the bottom of the screen and hopefully have it stay there even when I scroll. Does anyone know how to do this, if so please let me know, thanks!

Put the table in a <div></div> division, and the property of the table as position:fixed. But careful, some IE variants have a bug that makes them not execute this property correctly.

See here for examples.

Out of curiosity... what exactly are you designing that you need a fixed table that doesn't move when you scroll the page? I'm a Director of Usability for a company that builds Web-based applications and typically speaking, what you're attempting to do can either be used for good or evil when it comes to your users--most users hate page elements that don't do what they expect them to do.. ie, scroll with the page. So I was just curious.

Out of curiosity... what exactly are you designing that you need a fixed table that doesn't move when you scroll the page? I'm a Director of Usability for a company that builds Web-based applications and typically speaking, what you're attempting to do can either be used for good or evil when it comes to your users--most users hate page elements that don't do what they expect them to do.. ie, scroll with the page. So I was just curious.

A typical application is a link's menu that does not scroll with the page.

A typical application is a link's menu that does not scroll with the page.

Which I've never seen do well in usability tests. I was just curious. And trust me, you would tend to think it would do well, but users hate those. It's amazing that they'd rather scroll back to the top of the page.

Well I'm building a site for FBLA at my high school. But I'm good now unless there is something better than a div tag. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Web page design is a process of conceptualization, planning, modeling, and execution of electronic media content delivery via Internet in the form of technologies (such as markup languages) suitable for interpretation and display by a web browser or other web-based graphical user interfaces.

Carhartt Coats investment real estate