Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Practical Magic

iph33r

I practice magic daily, casting curses of death and suffering against all those who claim to practice magic.

But since there IS not "white/good" or "Black/bad" magic, then I suppose I am within my right to call what I do good.

Since morality is subjective, I am never evil, regardless of who I harm, or what selfishness I pursue.

It's like having a blank slate of conscience, where I never have to regret anything I do.

Yes, anything not an angel, nor demon, is inherently harmless. IE, benevolent. It's great! I don't even have to WORRY about what lies beyond the other side, because evil never masquerades as good! Evil is just as upstanding and lawful and goodness, nd would never, ever wear a mask of virtue.

And being based in the physical world, I have the ability to judge one way or another the heart of beings which function on a level far above my own. It's as if regardless of whatever I do, I am never responsible for my own actions.

To all of you self proclaimed Wiccans who believe they are using benevolent spells to heal and help, I recommend a book called "The Beautiful Side of Evil", by Joanna Michelson. From an early age, Joanna had an uncanny connection with the spiritual realm, and the book takes you through her experiences which very, very few people could ever even BELIEVE could be possible.

Evil wears many masks, but none so dangerous as the mask of virtue. The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist.

Edited by Insight

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MaggieDruydess

• bornless666

• newbloodmoon

• iph33r

Oh, by the way...silence is also a useful and vital tool for grounding. Magick tends to inflate a person's characteristics - ALL of them, including the complexes and neuroses. I have heard of people "blowing up" and going insane from sloppy practice, or by never really getting out of their infantile loops of thought and behavior.

If anything, Magick is about taking responsibilty for one's reality and place in the world - rather than a way to escape it.

The above post can serve as an example for others.

*Chuckle-Chuckle, Sigh*

Oh, by the way...silence is also a useful and vital tool for grounding. Magick tends to inflate a person's characteristics - ALL of them, including the complexes and neuroses. I have heard of people "blowing up" and going insane from sloppy practice, or by never really getting out of their infantile loops of thought and behavior.

If anything, Magick is about taking responsibilty for one's reality and place in the world - rather than a way to escape it.

The above post can serve as an example for others.

*Chuckle-Chuckle, Sigh*

Couldn't agree with you more.

(Especially about the said "above post.")

:)

I practice magic daily, casting curses of death and suffering against all those who claim to practice magic.

But since there IS not "white/good" or "Black/bad" magic, then I suppose I am within my right to call what I do good.

Since morality is subjective, I am never evil, regardless of who I harm, or what selfishness I pursue.

It's like having a blank slate of conscience, where I never have to regret anything I do.

Yes, anything not an angel, nor demon, is inherently harmless. IE, benevolent. It's great! I don't even have to WORRY about what lies beyond the other side, because evil never masquerades as good! Evil is just as upstanding and lawful and goodness, nd would never, ever wear a mask of virtue.

And being based in the physical world, I have the ability to judge one way or another the heart of beings which function on a level far above my own. It's as if regardless of whatever I do, I am never responsible for my own actions.

To all of you self proclaimed Wiccans who believe they are using benevolent spells to heal and help, I recommend a book called "The Beautiful Side of Evil", by Joanna Michelson. From an early age, Joanna had an uncanny connection with the spiritual realm, and the book takes you through her experiences which very, very few people could ever even BELIEVE could be possible.

Evil wears many masks, but none so dangerous as the mask of virtue. The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist.

I don't know what path you follow but I find the mixture of talk about magick and the Devil to be mis-informative. The 'devil' is a christian creation and even though Satanists use his name the majority of trus Satanists I have met do not believe in the Devil as a singular entitiy.

I do not pass judgement on what sort of magicks you cast, we each have our own path to follow, but I am confused as to your beleifs. Are they Christian? (Which the comment about the Devil leads me to think) Or are they something else? No insuilt intended but the people I have met that speak as you do are angry people raised christian that think using 'magick' in the name of the 'Devil' is a way to get back at 'God' for letting bad things happen to them. What they fail to see is Magick has little to do with affecting the world around them and more to do with strengthening themselves in a way that THEY can do something to change the world around them.

I don't know what path you follow but I find the mixture of talk about magick and the Devil to be mis-informative. The 'devil' is a christian creation and even though Satanists use his name the majority of trus Satanists I have met do not believe in the Devil as a singular entitiy.

I do not pass judgement on what sort of magicks you cast, we each have our own path to follow, but I am confused as to your beleifs. Are they Christian? (Which the comment about the Devil leads me to think) Or are they something else? No insuilt intended but the people I have met that speak as you do are angry people raised christian that think using 'magick' in the name of the 'Devil' is a way to get back at 'God' for letting bad things happen to them. What they fail to see is Magick has little to do with affecting the world around them and more to do with strengthening themselves in a way that THEY can do something to change the world around them.

Furthermore, the Devil can be looked at as a caricature of Baphomet. Anyone who is well versed in Qabalah and Tarot knows that 'The Devil' card corresponds to the path between Tiphareth and Hod and the Hebrew letter 'Ayin', and the cardinal earth zoidac Capricorn. One can meditate upon these symbols to derive a more enlightened insight regarding the nature of 'The Devil'. Some possible attributions involve masculine fertility (in fact Christians based their image of Satan upon the pagan god, Pan), or the rebellious, stuborn and persistent nature of an individualistic goat -- i.e. Capricorn. It also can relate to mental magick, and the creation or binding of spirits, as Hod is where thoughtforms are put together, with the magician situated in Tiphareth, the Sun, around which elemental forces revolve.

Or, the Devil can correspond to the demon Choronzon in the abyss, in which case the Devil is more of a non-concept that has no basis other than its ever shifting and inconsistent forms. Our unstable example above is a good look into the nature of this false crown of incoherent impressions.

Furthermore, the Devil can be looked at as a caricature of Baphomet. Anyone who is well versed in Qabalah and Tarot knows that 'The Devil' card corresponds to the path between Tiphareth and Hod and the Hebrew letter 'Ayin', and the cardinal earth zoidac Capricorn. One can meditate upon these symbols to derive a more enlightened insight regarding the nature of 'The Devil'. Some possible attributions involve masculine fertility (in fact Christians based their image of Satan upon the pagan god, Pan), or the rebellious, stuborn and persistent nature of an individualistic goat -- i.e. Capricorn. It also can relate to mental magick, and the creation or binding of spirits, as Hod is where thoughtforms are put together, with the magician situated in Tiphareth, the Sun, around which elemental forces revolve.

Or, the Devil can correspond to the demon Choronzon in the abyss, in which case the Devil is more of a non-concept that has no basis other than its ever shifting and inconsistent forms. Our unstable example above is a good look into the nature of this false crown of incoherent impressions.

:tu:

Thank you for taking the time to put all this information out there.

"In fact, the only Four major religions that have proffered belief in a single personification of evil are all monotheistic: Christianity, Islam, ancient Judaism, and Zoroastrianism. As monotheism began to compete with pantheism in many regions (as early as 700 BC in Persia and some other countries), the concept of evil began to change." a quote from The Devil, by Genevieve Morgan and Tom Morgan.

So the devil isn't strictly per say a Christian invention. Though they are often the most vocal about the subject of a single dark entity trying to thwart mans free will to return to their interpretation of God. Just thought I would throw that out there for ya.

Edited by newbloodmoon

Dear Maggie and everyone into all kinds of things which majority in society consider to be evil whatever that means -- evil usually means they don't welcome it for no other reason than that they think they might suffer some harm, or others will think of them to be in league with the devil whatever.

If you ask me, that is censorship of acts, worse than censorship of speech.

The majority in society is always into censoring minorities in society, because it's more comfortable for them that everyone is like them, then no need to adjust everytime they come on someone or something different.

Witchcraft, black magic or magick whatever, the number one rule in all one's speech and acts and even just thoughts, "Do no harm."

When we have observed that rule faithfully, then we can start to do good to others, and I have no objections against anyone into witchcraft or black magick who makes a decent living from them.

There more entities and laws in the world than science can detect and traditional values will sanction.

What I wish is that all witches, sorcerers, shamans (and they need not be into shams) would organize and exchange notes, thereby the majority of mankind can relate with them as a group, and get to accept them as regular members of society.

Time for you guys to host a convention.

Oslove

Maggie, I managed somehow to hijack osloves reply from 9-26, I am not exactly a whiz on the computer, I was just going to say we all have small rituals, or customs that could be considered magic. I always light candles and take a bath in special salts when I come home. I also always try to wish a better life on someone that really drives me crazy. That is more than I can bear sometimes, I am not a saint. I think most magic is good it is all the intent behind it, I don't think it interfers with whatever religious or spiritual path you follow if you do it for good. Sometimes easier said than done, when it comes right down to it, the universe pretty much has our path lined out we can only hope to sway it some. Good luck, don't let people get you down. Do what feels right for you.

Thank you. I have for years and will continue to do so.

I've been practising magick since I was quite little. Well, actually when I was little I just read about it and now I have all the knowledge I need to practice it with successful results. ;)

I've been practising magick since I was quite little. Well, actually when I was little I just read about it and now I have all the knowledge I need to practice it with successful results. ;)

that is the best way to do it

I had to excel in protective magic due to trauma as a kid concerning entities. Sometimes I forget that I can be overbearing to true sensitives. I had been told second hand that a friend of someone I knew had bragged about being able to read peoples auras. I was walking with a another friend when the one friend pointed me out and said try him. Apparently the poor girl did and without trying or even thinking about it she passed out due to a severe headache and nose bleed do to my defenses being up. Unfortunately this was, like I said second hand information so I couldn't confirm it with the other girl.