Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

DO WE EXIST ..

longlongago

the following line was used as an epigraph for a book on the paranormal -

'' we always find something to give us the impression that we exist ''

the quote is from the play ' waiting for godot ' by samuel beckett

look forward to comments -

Edited by harmonious

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• longlongago

• drakonwick

• Ziggy Stardust

• Orion von Koch

Another matrix thread... A few things.

1.) What is your definition of existance?

2.) How could anyone determine whether we actually exist or not?

In my opinion, there are important philosophical questions, interesting philosophical questions, and desultory philosophical questions. This constitutes the third category.

Look at it this way! We exist no matter what, whether it be in what most of us consider reality or whether

we were brought into existance by some other super beings thoughts and we are merely a computer

program. (We still exist).

I truly believe that I exist ONLY on Tuesday nights at 7:00 P.M., C.D.T.

:yes:

I truly believe that I exist ONLY on Tuesday nights at 7:00 P.M., C.D.T.

:yes:

Yes YES!!! Existance should be able to be controlled and used as a convenience. lol

I love that old Vedic saying — not that one is, but that whereby Is, is. I do not care if I exist, but I sure am amazed by the fact that I am here and I am self-aware that I am here. To tell you the truth, I am in awe of just being here.

Another matrix thread... A few things.

1.) What is your definition of existance?

2.) How could anyone determine whether we actually exist or not?

This is how I see it.

The matrix isn't asking the question do we exist. It's a statement about the architecture of existence. The question of do you believe in fate for example is subjective. If you take the position that you don't, but if you accept the position of destiny then you are acknowledging fate. Light and dark.

1. Do you live.

2. If you question your existence then you must be alive. The illusion isn't do we exist, the illusion is dying. You can't turn off your existence by dying therefore you exist.

If we are not existential beings then how come men spend so much time trying to woo women ?

Why do you have a belly button ?

Luci

The only thing that exists is what I create.

All else is but a bad dream.

the following line was used as an epigraph for a book on the paranormal -

'' we always find something to give us the impression that we exist ''

the quote is from the play ' waiting for godot ' by samuel beckett

look forward to comments -

There is no need to exist but we do excist.

To say it like this.

"We exist as long as we live, but after that we are just a myth, a legend, a tale of old. In other words we exist as long as we live, after that we perish."

The only thing that exists is what I create.

All else is but a bad dream.

Not to sound rude or an idiot, but what does that mean? By questioning whether we exist an interacting in this matrix, i am sure we do exist, I think the question that should be asked is, so we do exist, but is it a matrix we exist in, or somewhere else? Or maybe that was the question everyone is asking in the first place.

Angel x

people need to get over the idea of not existing or whatever.

Like many here say, what is real? How can you define real exactly.

What if we are just a thought or a computer program?

Just live the realm you live in and life goes on.There's a reason why we're here.

you'll find out more when your time comes.If you are meant to escape this so called non-existing realm..then you will.

but for the meantime,just dont think about it.

I astral travel all the time and ive been to and seen many different dimensions and realms, different colors outside the spectrum and sounds you can never replicate on this one. and not to talk about the beings..

Edited by a MillionLights

Simply put, if you do not exist! Do not resond to this thread.

Considering you were able to post, and also make up the idea to post it, I'd say yes you exist.

Existence is a state of something being - the opposite of nothingness. Complete nothingness do not exist, as that would contradict something existing which obviously it is as we're here discussing this.

There's different levels of existence, such as existing without being aware of your own existence, or existing and being aware of it. And there's things existing that can not be aware or not aware but just "be" - such as a rock or your shoe.

We are lucky enough to both observe existence and ourselves and be aware of ourselves and existence and the things in existence that surrounds us.

If you can observe yourself, and even ask how anyone can determine that you exist, you're confirming your own existence by doing so.

-EA

You only exist when you have love, or have been loved, or loving someone, or at least know how it felt to love.

Necessary!

And secondly, materials only exist in this world as a dimensional matter. In lower realities things exist as frequencies. So we all do exist, but we show up in different ways in different places.