Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

PETA Urges Ben & Jerry's To Use Human Milk

glorybebe

I nursed my kids this would be impossible to get enough to do this.....anyone who nurses knows that the amount of the breast milk is based on the the needs of the child, is tailored tothe child the breast produces just the right amount based on the suckling child ..no more no less..

it has to be a joke or an irony of some sort....

adults do not need milk or milk products anyways ..cows milk are for calfs and breast milk is for 'babies' ....not ice cream either one....

this can't be serious...lol

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fylgja

• Plainbob13

• Michelle

• Sherapy

I nursed my kids this would be impossible to get enough to do this.....anyone who nurses knows that the amount of the breast milk is based on the the needs of the child, is tailored tothe child the breast produces just the right amount based on the suckling child ..no more no less..

adults do not need milk or milk products anyways ..cows milk are for calfs and breast milk is for 'babies' ....not ice cream either one....

It is PETA's way of shocking people into looking at the dairy industry treatment of cattle. It's not like Green Acres, or your local dairy farm. I'm talking BIG industry. Anyway, they could find a more tactful way of informing people.

:lol: Maybe I'm the one who doesn't get the joke....but I think things like this are just to highlight what the reality of a situation is - not to promote a serious intellectual discussion about exactly how we are going to make frozen creamy delights from human breast milk. :geek:

An animal rights group where I am put up posters of a business man dressed up in a suit apparently suckling underneath a cow with a heading similar to "Cows Milk - Just For Baby Cows" It used to make my partner and I hysterical with laughter whenever we walked past it.

Edit: Found it! (or something similar)

http://www.milkmyths.org.uk/pdfs/middleman_a4.pdf

Edited by Belle.

Hitler was not a vegetarian--SOURCE

Since we have established Hitler was a meat eater, are you so quick to compare his dietary habits to his role as dictator in the Holocaust?

Also, the person who made the comparison between concentration camps and factory farms was not PETA, it was Jewish writer Isaac Bashevis Singer (LINK). PETA just quoted his work.

I don't understand why people think it is so gross to drink human milk, but are fine with the milk from a cows tits. Why not drink soy or rice milk? I agree with Ben & Jerry Co. that human milk is for baby humans, but they should go farther and admit that cows milk is for baby cows. Cows milk is designed to make a little calf turn into a 1000 pound cow. No wonder we have such an obesity problem in America when this stuff is being pushed on everyone from the time they are two.

BTW, just so you all know, Ben & Jerry is not owned by Ben & Jerry any longer. Hasn't been for years. It is owned by Unilever.

I think breast milk is a kind of... well, intimate thing. For family only. That's why it would be gross to me, and also all of the other points I mentioned above.

na

me='fylgja' date='Sep 26 2008, 09:45 PM' post='2517395']

Pus in your milk source: LINK

And here I thought it was just common knowledge.

Dr Judith Bryant, Director of the Dairy Council, says that it is not actually pus as we know it.

"What some anti-dairy groups call 'pus' is in fact a vital part of the cow's ability to stay healthy," she says.

The British Nutrition Foundation, the Dietician view

"Milk and dairy products provide a number of essential nutrients, including protein, calcium, zinc and magnesium, vitamin B12 and riboflavin. "Although they can be high in saturated fat, the consensus of scientific evidence is that they can be eaten in moderation as part of a healthy balanced diet and are not dangerous to health."

However, the BNF say special care needs to be taken if you are planning to feed your baby soya-based milk substitute products. "Most infant formulas are made from cows' milk that has been modified to make the protein, fat and carbohydrate similar to that of human milk," they say. "Soya formulas are based on soya and it is recommended that they are only used following medical advice."

Dietitian Isobel Skypala says that in her department, she is now seeing a greater incidence of soya allergies, possibly triggered by an increased exposure to this milk alternative.

In conclusion, the British Nutrition Foundation state that people who are worried about milk need to remember that the human race has evolved and adapted over countless years.

We have become dependent as a society on milk for the calcium, protein and various other micro-nutrients beneficial to our health and we need to be very aware of the consequences should we stop drinking milk.

The Norwegian Women and Cancer Study which studied 48,000 women, found people who drank more milk during their childhood and lifetime to have a staggering 50 per cent reduced risk of developing breast cancer in comparison to women who do not drink milk.

http://www.babyworld.co.uk/features/whites...htstuff.asp#bnf

ewwww yucky soon they will be saying to use human meat instead of cow or pig cause of the suffering

fluffy bunny has an interesting yet disturbing story about eating human flesh

Wikipedia is not a valid source of information. But I am so happy to see you can cut and paste.

Vegetarians dismiss Hitler's vegetarianism because he occasionally eat some sausage or a slice of ham, well if this completely disqualifies him from the veggie mafia, i'd say you can cut the amount of vegetarians in your ranks by half.

na

Dr Judith Bryant, Director of the Dairy Council, says that it is not actually pus as we know it.

"What some anti-dairy groups call 'pus' is in fact a vital part of the cow's ability to stay healthy," she says.

Yes, take their word for it. It's not like they aremaking money off of the stuff. :rolleyes:

The British Nutrition Foundation, the Dietician view

"Milk and dairy products provide a number of essential nutrients, including protein, calcium, zinc and magnesium, vitamin B12 and riboflavin. "Although they can be high in saturated fat, the consensus of scientific evidence is that they can be eaten in moderation as part of a healthy balanced diet and are not dangerous to health."

However, the BNF say special care needs to be taken if you are planning to feed your baby soya-based milk substitute products. "Most infant formulas are made from cows' milk that has been modified to make the protein, fat and carbohydrate similar to that of human milk," they say. "Soya formulas are based on soya and it is recommended that they are only used following medical advice."

Dietitian Isobel Skypala says that in her department, she is now seeing a greater incidence of soya allergies, possibly triggered by an increased exposure to this milk alternative.

In conclusion, the British Nutrition Foundation state that people who are worried about milk need to remember that the human race has evolved and adapted over countless years.

We have become dependent as a society on milk for the calcium, protein and various other micro-nutrients beneficial to our health and we need to be very aware of the consequences should we stop drinking milk.

The Norwegian Women and Cancer Study which studied 48,000 women, found people who drank more milk during their childhood and lifetime to have a staggering 50 per cent reduced risk of developing breast cancer in comparison to women who do not drink milk.

I could find lots of studies proving that cow's milk causes cancers, diabetes, autism, as well as other medical conditions. I think you already have your mind made up, but here is a few (the references I post all have sources to back them up so you can not dismiss them as bunk):

Cow's milk proteins actually inhibit your body's ability to absorb the calcium CONTRIBUTING to osteoporosis: LINK

Cow's milk linked to autism: LINK

Animal fat and/or protein linked to cancers:

link link

link

LINK(PDF)

link(PDF)

Edited by fylgja

I'm not going to be your vegetarian poster child for you all to pounce upon like a pack of rabid wild dogs. You are all sitting here, making ignorant, ill-informed comments about vegetarians. I was just defending them.

Again you state that you're defending vegetarians...even though no one is attacking them. FYI, vegetarians drink milk. The only people being attacked are the members of PETA, who's tactics are widely condemned by both sides of the debate. So again no one is making any comments about vegatarians, or vegans for that matter, but rather defending our choice to drink cow's milk. Oh and speaking about comments do you have a source to back up your chicken death camp claim?

Again you state that you're defending vegetarians...even though no one is attacking them. FYI, vegetarians drink milk. The only people being attacked are the members of PETA, who's tactics are widely condemned by both sides of the debate. So again no one is making any comments about vegatarians, or vegans for that matter, but rather defending our choice to drink cow's milk. Oh and speaking about comments do you have a source to back up your chicken death camp claim?

LOL! Great post Corp.

WATERBURY, Vt. -- People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals sent a letter to Ben Cohen and Jerry Greenfield, cofounders of Ben & Jerry's Homemade Inc., urging them to replace cow's milk they use in their ice cream products with human breast milk, according to a statement recently released by a PETA spokeswoman.

"PETA's request comes in the wake of news reports that a Swiss restaurant owner will begin purchasing breast milk from nursing mothers and substituting breast milk for 75 percent of the cow's milk in the food he serves," the statement says.

PETA officials say a move to human breast milk would lessen the suffering of dairy cows and their babies on factory farms and benefit human health.

"The fact that human adults consume huge quantities of dairy products made from milk that was meant for a baby cow just doesn't make sense," says PETA Executive Vice President Tracy Reiman. "Everyone knows that 'the breast is best,' so Ben & Jerry's could do consumers and cows a big favor by making the switch to breast milk."

"We applaud PETA's novel approach to bringing attention to an issue, but we believe a mother's milk is best used for her child," said a spokesperson for Ben and Jerry's.

link

EEEWWWWW!!! PETA needs to stop now, they are just going way way too far. Weirdos.

You can read teh letter they sent to B&J at the link.

A novel approach my butt. EEEEEWWWWWWW

When I first read this, I just stared at the screen for five minutes :huh: before this incoherent rant started .. something liike ...

"Wha... why... what the ... who ... AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!"

i think that pretty much sums up my thinking on this.

:)

thanks for listening.

YEA!!!!!!!!!!! OLE MISS BEAT #4 Florida !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and peta needs to take a long walk off a shor peir! Just to stay on topic!!!

GO OLE MISS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Concentration camps were obviously based on the same principles as factory farms and slaughterhouses: keeping animals locked in crowded cages, poor medical care, extreme temperatures, lack of good quality food--often the animals to eat each other ( not sure if the Nazi's did that, but they were evil enough I wouldn't put it past them). Transporting them in masses in over-crowded box cars to be slaughtered in great numbers.

Just because many find something wrong with treating animals the same way humans were treated in the holocaust doesn't mean we feel animals are more valuable as humans, or that there suffering was the same. A lot of people deny where their food comes from. The pretend their food grows from trees in those neat plastic packages.

Just because many find something wrong with treating animals the same way humans were treated in the holocaust doesn't mean we feel animals are more valuable as humans,

That is key. I have had it said to me "but why don't you care about starving children in Africa"?!?! Assuming automatically that I don't care, or do nothing to try to counteract human suffering. Or that my heart is so small it can only cope with caring or considering the pain and suffering of a particular percentage of beings. I always think that reflects on the person saying it and how they have limited compassion.

My heart is big enough to feel concern for all beings that are needlessly suffering. :)

Yes, take their word for it. It's not like they aremaking money off of the stuff. :rolleyes:

I could find lots of studies proving that cow's milk causes cancers, diabetes, autism, as well as other medical conditions. I think you already have your mind made up, but here is a few (the references I post all have sources to back them up so you can not dismiss them as bunk):

Cow's milk proteins actually inhibit your body's ability to absorb the calcium CONTRIBUTING to osteoporosis: LINK

Cow's milk linked to autism: LINK

Animal fat and/or protein linked to cancers:

link link

link

LINK(PDF)

link(PDF)

I'll tell you who i believe, The British Nutrition Foundation, and if it's ok with them it's ok with me.

I've just received this email from a wind up PC

Dear fylgja i live on the masi mara with my four children, we occasionally get a bit of bush meat but our main food source is from the one cow we own, has have done my ancestors for thousands of years, how can we avoid getting cancer?

kind Regards

Saruni.

Edited by hetrodoxly

You wanna know disgusting..

Milk is just sweat and puss. Funny things you learn in biology and anatomy while studying to be a MT.

Milk is just sweat and puss. Funny things you learn in biology and anatomy while studying to be a MT.

And it tastes sooooooooo goood!

Yeah, you shouldn't watch while they make sausage, either.

Yeah, you shouldn't watch while they make sausage, either.

I've actually made sausages. Nom nom.

Concentration camps were obviously based on the same principles as factory farms and slaughterhouses: keeping animals locked in crowded cages, poor medical care, extreme temperatures, lack of good quality food--often the animals to eat each other ( not sure if the Nazi's did that, but they were evil enough I wouldn't put it past them). Transporting them in masses in over-crowded box cars to be slaughtered in great numbers.

Just because many find something wrong with treating animals the same way humans were treated in the holocaust doesn't mean we feel animals are more valuable as humans, or that there suffering was the same. A lot of people deny where their food comes from. The pretend their food grows from trees in those neat plastic packages.

You've been asked three time to prove a source for this information and thus far you have failed to do so. Therefore I can only conclude that there is no such source.

Concentration camps were not invented by the Nazis. The British used such camps during the Boar War and the Americans used them during their occupation of the Philippines I believe. The first death camps that were set up were not for Jews, but rather for the disabled. At first Jews were killed by having them dig pits and then shooting them. However this was seen as a poor method of going about the 'Final Solution'. So the death camps were put into full affect. Posion gas was used on the disabled and was used again since it was seen as the best way to kill large numbers of people. Also not everyone was killed right away. About 10% of every train load was sent to the factory part of the camps and worked to death. However if the barracks were full then everyone was killed. Now there was comparison to cattle made but this was condemned by one of the leaders of the death camps, Adolf Eichmann. In all factories seemed to be the base for the death camps, not slaughter houses.

Now where I got this information was from a booked called 'The Nazis' by Robert Edwin Herzstein. I await to hear where you got your information.