Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

PETA Urges Ben & Jerry's To Use Human Milk

glorybebe

WATERBURY, Vt. -- People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals sent a letter to Ben Cohen and Jerry Greenfield, cofounders of Ben & Jerry's Homemade Inc., urging them to replace cow's milk they use in their ice cream products with human breast milk, according to a statement recently released by a PETA spokeswoman.

"PETA's request comes in the wake of news reports that a Swiss restaurant owner will begin purchasing breast milk from nursing mothers and substituting breast milk for 75 percent of the cow's milk in the food he serves," the statement says.

PETA officials say a move to human breast milk would lessen the suffering of dairy cows and their babies on factory farms and benefit human health.

"The fact that human adults consume huge quantities of dairy products made from milk that was meant for a baby cow just doesn't make sense," says PETA Executive Vice President Tracy Reiman. "Everyone knows that 'the breast is best,' so Ben & Jerry's could do consumers and cows a big favor by making the switch to breast milk."

"We applaud PETA's novel approach to bringing attention to an issue, but we believe a mother's milk is best used for her child," said a spokesperson for Ben and Jerry's.

link

EEEWWWWW!!! PETA needs to stop now, they are just going way way too far. Weirdos.

You can read teh letter they sent to B&J at the link.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fylgja

• Plainbob13

• Michelle

• Sherapy

Ew. Who wants to do that? I prefer cow milk and it's better for you. That's so gross.

I agree with you. They're going a little too far.

Ew. Who wants to do that? I prefer cow milk and it's better for you. That's so gross.

I agree with you. They're going a little too far.

After some of the stunts they have pulled, I have absolutely no liking for them. I think they are just after publicity. When Pickton was arrested for murdering all those women, PETA was trying to get an add in the newspapers here in BC that turkeys were the same as the women, since we eat the turkeys for Thanksgiving. I couldn't believe the insensitivity that they handled that, those poor family members just found out that there missing loved ones were killed, and then PETA tries to make a mockery of their deaths-they really disgust me.

What is so odd about humans drinking human milk???

Is it so disgusting to you guys that babies drink it?

What is the disgusting part?

I'll tell you what is disgusting........

Did you know all cows that give milk need to be pregnant? Milk just doesn't come out of a cow.

Do you know what happens to those week old calves they take off them after they have made milk?

Look into it, then you will know disgusting....

In fact, what goes on is so inhumane that in Australia now they are actually installing new regulations for this appalling act.

Next time you are drinking your yummy cows milk, spare a thought for all those mother cows and their week old babies being ripped from them and disposed of.

Like I said, then you will know disgusting.

Yay!!! I love it when idiots let us all in on just how idiotic they are. Makes it sooooo much easier to identify them.

What is so odd about humans drinking human milk???

Is it so disgusting to you guys that babies drink it?

What is the disgusting part?

I'll tell you what is disgusting........

Did you know all cows that give milk need to be pregnant? Milk just doesn't come out of a cow.

Do you know what happens to those week old calves they take off them after they have made milk?

Look into it, then you will know disgusting....

In fact, what goes on is so inhumane that in Australia now they are actually installing new regulations for this appalling act.

Next time you are drinking your yummy cows milk, spare a thought for all those mother cows and their week old babies being ripped from them and disposed of.

Like I said, then you will know disgusting.

I grew up around cows. And once they are milked, they don't have to have babies to keep producing milk. If they are milked everyday, their bodies will keep producing the milk because the body thinks it is needed. And yes cows will "dry up" if their food supply does not provide them with the proper nutrition. Old cows that now longer can give birth to calves can still give milk.

But, our cows were treated really well. I went to a dairy farm on a field trip, and was digusted with what I saw. That being said, suggesting human milk for ice cream is just gross IMO.

Somehow i think they will struggle to get the quantities of human milk required, unless they start battery farming pregnant women. I suppose PETA would be okay with that.

But what is so disgusting about humans drinking human milk?

I'm not getting the outrage.

Do you condemn mothers who are feeding their babies milk, or is the 'yuk' factor in that it is an adult drinking the milk?

After some of the stunts they have pulled, I have absolutely no liking for them. I think they are just after publicity. When Pickton was arrested for murdering all those women, PETA was trying to get an add in the newspapers here in BC that turkeys were the same as the women, since we eat the turkeys for Thanksgiving. I couldn't believe the insensitivity that they handled that, those poor family members just found out that there missing loved ones were killed, and then PETA tries to make a mockery of their deaths-they really disgust me.

Ew. That's just....

Does anyone ever pay attention to PETA?

Poor woman.

But what is so disgusting about humans drinking human milk?

I'm not getting the outrage.

Do you condemn mothers who are feeding their babies milk, or is the 'yuk' factor in that it is an adult drinking the milk?

I'm neither disgusted or outraged. I just can't see how enough human milk could be obtained to satisfy demand. I love milk.

If I want human breast milk, I'll go to the source!

:lol:

Seriously, I guess there is nothing wrong with the. It is just milk. Probably more readily digested by humans than cow milk. After all, that's what it is made for! Human consumption!

But there is just NO way. The logistics of collecting it are absurd.

Somehow i think they will struggle to get the quantities of human milk required, unless they start battery farming pregnant women. I suppose PETA would be okay with that.

Women can produce milk for years, not just when pregnant.

Like MoonPrincess pointed out, and same with cows, to an extent, when babies are feeding or the milk machine is used, the females can still produce milk.

Still, the milk industry has alot of shame to bear for it all. Veal is a by product of the milking industry. Those are the week-old baby cows that are taken from their mothers.

PS: The other comment wasn't directed at you 1.6, just to ones who do find it disgusting.

If Ben and Jerry do decide to use human milk... :rolleyes:

I think they'll need a new logo... :ph34r:

Well, I don't se a problem. Ben & Jerry's will simply be knocked the **** off my grocery list. How are they going to get the quantity of breast milk needed?

Women can produce milk for years, not just when pregnant.

Like MoonPrincess pointed out, and same with cows, to an extent, when babies are feeding or the milk machine is used, the females can still produce milk.

Still, the milk industry has alot of shame to bear for it all. Veal is a by product of the milking industry. Those are the week-old baby cows that are taken from their mothers.

PS: The other comment wasn't directed at you 1.6, just to ones who do find it disgusting.

I find it disgusting. I breast fed my daughter, and I think every child should be breast fed. The problem is disease in humans. Breast milk does not filter them out. Yes, there are diseases in cows, but, it seems like we have a huge amount in humans. It would never pass safety codes.

I find it disgusting. I breast fed my daughter, and I think every child should be breast fed. The problem is disease in humans. Breast milk does not filter them out. Yes, there are diseases in cows, but, it seems like we have a huge amount in humans. It would never pass safety codes.

Seems to be passing them in Switzerland.

In processing, if they used the same methods they do to sterilise cows milk, or adapted it for human milk, it could be successful.

PETA is nothing but a bunch of pyschos who don't understand reality. I'm not sure if this is true, but is consumption of breast milk by those over a certain age harmful to human health? Also, anyone who condones violence against innocent people (such as scientists and meat eaters) for even casting a shadow on animals (which PETA does) is pyscho. Animals are animals, humans are animals as well, but we are the dominant species. Our natural diet consists of consuming food and other materials (meat, milk, eggs, etc.) from weaker animals, so to think otherwise is unnatural. Should we treat animals with care and respect? Absolutely. Should we treat them as equals in our society? No. Why not? Because they are not our equals. We are superior, they are inferior. That is nature's way. That is reality.

Edited by Knight of the Twilight

The Group should be renamed as EFRPETA ---Extreme Fanatical Radical People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals... where do get all these crazy People from...

Pavot B)

The Group should be renamed as EFRPETA ---Extreme Fanatical Radical People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals... where do get all these crazy People from...

Pavot B)

From the Federation of Light.

Hahah that is so stupid!! Man they are dumb… so they want to start treating humans like cows so cows don’t have to be cows…. And their whole idea about milking cows is lame! all mammals, including cows and humans can keep making milk long after having kids, just as long as they don’t stop… even then if need be they can start again. Cows are made pregnant so they can also have calves and keep the cow population alive, and it gives a cows a break from milking, and does improve the milk quantity as well.. if cows were in the wild the same thing would happen. And generally, dairy farms are kept quite clean… so instead of all that, they will have to make a standard for how women can milk themselves, an authority to test the milk, and pasteurize it because they say unpasteurized milk is bad… and get enough women to do it to that it can replace all the cows milk used by ben and jerry’s, and meanwhile, these women will be feeding their babies formula because they need to sell their breast milk.. and will have to get pregnant often to make sure their milk production is at peak!! Man what a stupid idea… like don’t they know how much energy it has costed the world to take the time to right that, the electricity on the computer, and internet, how many trees were used to print it in how many newspapers… obviously the world isn’t going to make women farms, so why even waste that much time and energy to make such a stupid suggestion. Hey PETA! Thanks for making a difference in the world!

Leah

Edited by ~Jungle Leah~

PETA really seems to have something against women :/

I'll be honest... i would like to see the new logo :P

If Ben and Jerry do decide to use human milk... :rolleyes:

I think they'll need a new logo... :ph34r:

I cant' wait for the new flavors!

MMmmmm....Pamela Anderson Creamy Surprise! (Extra rich). Yum! Bay Watch Bonanza! (Fruity tropical flavors.)

I'm in!