Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

PETA Urges Ben & Jerry's To Use Human Milk

glorybebe

I don't know if anyone pointed this out yet, but there are also health issues with drinking someone else's bodily fluids. Can anyone say tainted milk? Then there are those who might do drugs whilst lactating...

Also, could you imagine the work force issues that would be a problem? All them mothers lined up, hooked up to the milking machines. I wonder what the pay rate would be? The cows don't get paid much do they? :hmm: And then of course, the moms would probably have to keep taking hormones to keep lactating and then there might be an over abundance of hormones in the milk. PETA didn't think this through much, methinks.

Ben and Jerry's Jerry Garcia is my fave. Don't mess with it, or I'll...I'll...do something even more radical!!!

*shakes head*... crazy, crazy, stupid, hypocritical PETA...

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fylgja

• Plainbob13

• Michelle

• Sherapy

One more thought... if this is to ease the suffering of cows, wont this induce suffering for lactating women?

Another thought... as I'm watching the video... yeah, I'm sure the farmers with those cows they bought for dairy milk will LOVE this idea... What would happen if they had to stop using these cows for dairy milk? Would they slaughter them for the beef? Again, PETA didn't think this through very well. hehehe

Wow, PETA is just... wow.

Edited by LadyHay

Epic fail.

Hitler believed that the Jews were inferior too.

Nazi

He was also a vegetarian, and on top of that he banned hunting, it looks like he had a lot in common with PETA

In the UK (and probably other parts of the world) some farms have automated milking parlours, cows come off the field and visit it when they want, the only problem so far is some cows use it to often.

What do PETA suggest we do with the cows?

Set them free of course. Where they can wild and free and get eaten by wolves...hmm...don't tell PETA that last part. Once all animals are free PETA will have completed their mission. Although...these cities are ours are likely to keep them up and night. Fraid those will need to go.

I'm an animal rights activist and even I can't stand PETA they're a bunch of violent morons and they make the people who genuinely want to improve the lives of animals all look like idiots! I mean who comes up with this stuff? Why didn't they suggest using soy milk if they had to get involved in this?

This would be all fine and dandy with me if Hooter's & Ben and Jerry's decided on a cooperate merger. :tu:

I would make my yearly pilgrimage for the factory tour. :yes:

Put them to work at strip clubs because all human strippers will have to work in the human milking factories. :D

linked-image

Edited by BiffSplitkins

I don't know if anyone pointed this out yet, but there are also health issues with drinking someone else's bodily fluids. Can anyone say tainted milk? Then there are those who might do drugs whilst lactating...

Also, could you imagine the work force issues that would be a problem? All them mothers lined up, hooked up to the milking machines. I wonder what the pay rate would be? The cows don't get paid much do they? :hmm: And then of course, the moms would probably have to keep taking hormones to keep lactating and then there might be an over abundance of hormones in the milk. PETA didn't think this through much, methinks.

Ben and Jerry's Jerry Garcia is my fave. Don't mess with it, or I'll...I'll...do something even more radical!!!

*shakes head*... crazy, crazy, stupid, hypocritical PETA...

Excellent points :tu: . These PETA people have really gone off the deep end. A friend of mine had an altercation with one of them in San Francisco a few years back. She and her husband had gone out for a night on the town and because it was a windy, cold night, she decided to wear the mink coat her grandmother had willed to her. Now I would never go and buy a fur coat, but this was vintage fur, had sentimental value, and was a beautiful garment. This crazy "activist" literally tried to rip the coat off of her back as she was leaving the restaurant. Of course my friend fought back, and when she did, this psycho shoved her out into traffic right in front of a taxi. Thankfully, the cab was able to stop before he hit her, but she did fall in the street scraping her hands and knees and breaking one of her high heels. The crazy girl ran off before the police could be called, but it really scares me to think that she thought that wearing a vintage fur was a crime worthy of death by taxi.

I've been confronted by militant vegans many times. I always respond with the same phrase. "If humans weren't meant to eat animals, they wouldn't be made out of food." B)

He was also a vegetarian, and on top of that he banned hunting, it looks like he had a lot in common with PETA

Hitler was not a vegetarian--SOURCE

Since we have established Hitler was a meat eater, are you so quick to compare his dietary habits to his role as dictator in the Holocaust?

Also, the person who made the comparison between concentration camps and factory farms was not PETA, it was Jewish writer Isaac Bashevis Singer (LINK). PETA just quoted his work.

I don't understand why people think it is so gross to drink human milk, but are fine with the milk from a cows tits. Why not drink soy or rice milk? I agree with Ben & Jerry Co. that human milk is for baby humans, but they should go farther and admit that cows milk is for baby cows. Cows milk is designed to make a little calf turn into a 1000 pound cow. No wonder we have such an obesity problem in America when this stuff is being pushed on everyone from the time they are two.

BTW, just so you all know, Ben & Jerry is not owned by Ben & Jerry any longer. Hasn't been for years. It is owned by Unilever.

No wonder we have such an obesity problem in America when this stuff is being pushed on everyone from the time they are two.

And yet people have been drinking milk for centuries...and milk is drunk in every single country. Shouldn't that mean that every single one of us should be obese?

Drinking human milk is gross because it's taboo to continue to drink beast milk as an adult. As far as I know this is true in every culture. Also we can control the quality of cow's milk, not so with human milk. Who knows what a woman has, what kind of food she's been eating (which I'm told directly affects the taste). It's just not done. There's also the question of which is more healthy. Yes beast milk is good for newborns but what about a fully grown adult? As for soy and rice...well I just hate the taste :P

Oh and the whole Jewish chicken thing while it's nice to know PETA aren't crazy enough to come up with that on their own they still used to try and prove their point and forward their beliefs. Still makes them guilty. After all they wouldn't have redesigned their webpage around that idea unless they firmly believed in it.

And yet people have been drinking milk for centuries...and milk is drunk in every single country. Shouldn't that mean that every single one of us should be obese?

People never drank it as much as they do now. not to mention all the **** that they put in it, such as antibiotics and bovine growth hormone. Also, dairy farms ain't what they used to be. Do you know how much pus is in your milk because of the sore on the cows udders from being hooked up to milk machines all the time? There is a reason they have to give them all those antibiotics.

Oh and the whole Jewish chicken thing while it's nice to know PETA aren't crazy enough to come up with that on their own they still used to try and prove their point and forward their beliefs. Still makes them guilty. After all they wouldn't have redesigned their webpage around that idea unless they firmly believed in it.

Don't judge all vegetarians based on one group. Would you like someone doing that to you?

BTW, the concentration camps were actually modeled from factory farms. Don't like the truth? Stop contributing to the suffering.

People never drank it as much as they do now. not to mention all the **** that they put in it, such as antibiotics and bovine growth hormone. Also, dairy farms ain't what they used to be. Do you know how much pus is in your milk because of the sore on the cows udders from being hooked up to milk machines all the time? There is a reason they have to give them all those antibiotics.

Don't judge all dairy farms by the bad press of a few. It only takes a couple of hours to milk a cow, not all day. Most dairy cows are treated very well.

Hitler was not a vegetarian--SOURCE

Since we have established Hitler was a meat eater.

We've established nothing of the sort, what we have established is PETA and their ilk are just as perverted.

In private conversations, Hitler often recited the benefits of eating raw vegetables, fruit, and grains, particularly for children and soldiers. In an attempt to disgust dinner guests and provoke them into shying away from meat, he reportedly told graphic stories of visits he had made to a slaughterhouse in the Ukraine. Food writer Bee Wilson notes: "It amused him to spoil carnivorous guests' appetites... As they put their forks down in disgust, he would harangue them for hypocrisy. 'That shows how cowardly people are,' he would say. 'They can't face doing certain horrible things themselves, but they enjoy the benefits without a pang of conscience.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vegetarianism_of_Adolf_Hitler

name='fylgja' date='Sep 26 2008, 09:11 PM' post='2517352']

Do you know how much pus

I don't? could you tell me.

concentration camps were actually modeled from factory farms. Don't like the truth? Stop contributing to the suffering.

That's interesting, could you give ma a link?

I actually went to school with people who grew up on farms and they always drank their own products. If the farmers think it's safe enough to drink I'm willing to give it a shot. No massive death toll yet. And this still doesn't explain why everyone isn't obese right now.

Don't judge all vegetarians based on one group. Would you like someone doing that to you?

BTW, the concentration camps were actually modeled from factory farms. Don't like the truth? Stop contributing to the suffering.

Where in my post did I judge all vegetarians? I don't believe I did. I'm only taking about PETA, a group that many vegetarians hate. And I'm not contributing to the suffering, I'm just doing what humans are designed to do. Eating vegatables and meat. After all the majority of farm animals get regular food, clean water, and shelter. Better than being slowly ripped apart by wolves.

I always believed that the death camps were modeled after past concentration camps, adding in a factory outlook. Don't recall many farms that had mass graves and 'showers'. But if it's the truth than I know you'll have no problem with providing evidence to back it up. I'll wait.

We've established nothing of the sort, what we have established is PETA and their ilk are just as perverted.

In private conversations, Hitler often recited the benefits of eating raw vegetables, fruit, and grains, particularly for children and soldiers. In an attempt to disgust dinner guests and provoke them into shying away from meat, he reportedly told graphic stories of visits he had made to a slaughterhouse in the Ukraine. Food writer Bee Wilson notes: "It amused him to spoil carnivorous guests' appetites... As they put their forks down in disgust, he would harangue them for hypocrisy. 'That shows how cowardly people are,' he would say. 'They can't face doing certain horrible things themselves, but they enjoy the benefits without a pang of conscience.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vegetarianism_of_Adolf_Hitler

Wikipedia is not a valid source of information. But I am so happy to see you can cut and paste.

I actually went to school with people who grew up on farms and they always drank their own products. If the farmers think it's safe enough to drink I'm willing to give it a shot. No massive death toll yet. And this still doesn't explain why everyone isn't obese right now.

Where in my post did I judge all vegetarians? I don't believe I did. I'm only taking about PETA, a group that many vegetarians hate. And I'm not contributing to the suffering, I'm just doing what humans are designed to do. Eating vegatables and meat. After all the majority of farm animals get regular food, clean water, and shelter. Better than being slowly ripped apart by wolves.

I always believed that the death camps were modeled after past concentration camps, adding in a factory outlook. Don't recall many farms that had mass graves and 'showers'. But if it's the truth than I know you'll have no problem with providing evidence to back it up. I'll wait.

I'm not going to be your vegetarian poster child for you all to pounce upon like a pack of rabid wild dogs. You are all sitting here, making ignorant, ill-informed comments about vegetarians. I was just defending them.

Pus in your milk source: LINK

And here I thought it was just common knowledge.

Ewww

I just may turn to soy milk; my wife and kids drink it and we have a couple of friends with kids who are lactose intolerant. Before reading the article, I thought being lactose intolerant was "a curse", when it may have been a blessing!

Pus in your milk source: LINK

And here I thought it was just common knowledge.

That's horrible.

Oh well.

It still tastes nice.

It hasn't killed me so far....