Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Black Fuzzy Orbs like a Kush Ball

Kuro_Neko

My family sees them so often, we call them tribbles from a Star Trek episode called The Trouble With Tribbles. When my son married his wife also saw them even before they met. However, as I sat one night talking on the phone, I thought I saw one coming across the floor at me and it turned out to be my escaped pet horseshoe crab covered with dust!

I have actually heard multiple accounts of this type of thing... I have no idea what it is, but this seems to be second only to the shadow beings in common-ness (In my experience in hearing about this stuff anyway). So don't feel scared or shy about talking about it - there are probably millions of people worldwide that have seen the same types of things.

I could think of one possibility... but to be honest, I think I'd rather it be paranormal than for this to be the explanation : Large spiders. Think about it - they are black, they have lots of legs (Koosh ball look) and they are known to swing on a web every now and then (At least if comic books have taught me anything they do)... But, being kinda bug-phobic myself, I would much much much much (X 1 million) it rather be paranormal than large, black spiders....

I've had a couple similar experiences with spiders. When they're small and close to your eyes ( a few inches to a foot) and the room is dimly lit our eyes can't focus on them clearly and so they look like they are further away than they are. I know because I have turned on the light and go back to look. Because they were small they were difficult to see hanging in a lit room if the viewing angle uses a dark background, for example a dark print comforter. I had to squat down and look close up using the wall as the backdrop to see them. Not saying that's what the kush ball things are, just offering a possibility based upon my own experiences.

• Like 1

blink.gif I read several postings RE: BLACK ORBS and now I know that I'm not trippin'! This past month, I've been waking up to this black kush-like orb(s) between the hours of 2am~4am. What's funny is it floats above me and to my left side but not above my boyfriend or near him who's sleeping to my right side. This black fuzzy orb slowly disappears into the ceiling! When I was awaken to this thing again (same night), I don't know why but I said "hello" and it stuck around! I was scared. I didn't know what else to say. Soon after it disappeared back into the ceiling. The other night, when I saw this thing, it appeared to look like a big spider crawling around on the ceiling. Just last night, this black orb appeared again but this time it looked like it was attached to a triangular shape body of some sort with skinny string-like legs and arms. I looked online for answers, spoke to different people to see if anyone had experienced anything like this. The only response I got was that maybe my eyes were adjusting from waking up suddenly -or- it may have to do with the lighting in the room, etc. I don't sense that this black fuzzy orb is evil at all. [[[[ I have no problem with my vision or do drugs ]]]] Anyone?????? disgust.gif

floaters. i get them too when i wake up at night. i also get them when i look at the sun. u dont need eye problems to have this. its a natural reaction

• 2 years later...

while pregnant with my first daughter in 1991, I was sleeping and (what looked exactly like) a koosh ball came and got right in my face, super close to my face. It wouldn't move and it gave me a horrible frightened feeling. It was 100% negative. I have never seen it since. The difference in what I saw (from your guys stories) is that this thing was rainbow colored just like the real koosh ball. It floated and moved slightly up and down while the "spines" of the ball moved and waved. I haven't told many people about this sighting because it sounds so incredibly crazy!

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Ok so I realize no one has commented on this in a few years, but I had a thing happen last night and it's freaking me out. 

I've been having trouble sleeping lately, so I dozed off and on last night. Anyway, around 4am,  I saw a black fuzzy ball. It was about as big as an orange, no face and no legs, just jet black fluffy fur. It came from the wall across the room, kind of bouncing but like in zero gravity, really lightly and calm. But I didn't JUST see it. When it got to my bed it came up under the blanket and kept bouncing until right before it came out of the edge of my blanket under my chin and and I yelled. Then it bounced away under the blanket and across the room under the door. This thing had weight. It had body heat. And some sort of intelligence to know enough to run away when I panicked. If I had only seen it, I could excuse it away, but I FELT it on me. I need to know I'm not crazy and what this thing was. It's got me really freaked out. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 11/14/2008 at 11:33 PM, cacapitol said:

Finally, someone else who may have seen something similar to what I saw years ago. My experience happened back in the mid 80's. I think I was around 7 to 9 years old. I was just getting done playing in the bath tub. I stood up, pulled the shower curtain back to step out. I look down and there, at the outside base of the tub just below me was a dark gray circular fuzzy shadow about two inches in diameter. At first I really thought it was a shadow but as it moved away from the bath tub I glanced up towards the bathroom light believing that I would see a moth or something flying around. My heart stopped when I realized there was nothing flying around. I looked down and saw that it wasn't a shadow at all but a fuzzy ball looking thing floating just above the ground. I got the impression that I startled it as it quickly scurried like a scared mouse away from the tub. It weaved back and forth and did a little circle as it kept moving further away. I thought it appeared to be heading for the walk-in closet that was directly opposite the tub but instead it made an arching turn towards my mom's bedroom door to the left and under the door it went. I stood frozen and scared. For a brief moment, I couldn't even yell for my mom. Finally, my the words came out, "mom! mom! mom!" After what seemed like an eternity but in reality was probably only a second or two, my mom yelled back from her bed room. I grabbed a towel wrapping it around myself as I approached the door, Shaking I slowly opened the door and there was my mom sitting on her bed looking very concerned and nervous. I told her what had happened. She worked hard to let me know everything was okay and that it was nothing. But a few weeks later, I brought it up again and my mom told me that at the time I was finishing up my bath she was sitting on her bed. She had just finished reading her bible and was just sitting and looking straight ahead. Then she saw a white light come out from under the bathroom door. The glowing orb flew up directly at her until it was about an arms length away and then "poof," it vanished. At the time, I thought my mom was just remembering things wrong because I saw a dark gray shadow thing and she saw a glowing ball. But it could have been something to do with the lighting in the different rooms. The bathroom light was very bright and my mom only had a dim reading lamp on in her bed room. Over the years since the internet I have done a few brief searches to see if I could find any similar experiences but never found anything until now. I lived in Yuba County in California at the time this happened. If anyone else can point me to other posts that are similar please do. In retrospect, it seemed like the thing was looking for an escape and was not going to hurt me. Every now an then I think about it. I wish it would happen again so I could try to understand what those things are more.

I know this will sound weird so please keep the jokes and hate to a minimum but I've read a few things about the future of nanotechnology and it seems like a reasonable although remote possibility that what I saw and the "Kush Ball" experience is some form of advanced nanotechnology. I'm atheist and I don't believe in ghosts or spirits. I don't know if aliens exist and I don't know if time travel will ever be possible. I do, however, believe that it will be possible for us to make micromolecular machines that can swarm in various ways to form something that resembles a solid object, a liquid or in my case a dense gas ball. I don't believe it's possible yet but in a hundred years or so it will be likely. So for what it worth, I think it could be alien technology or even better is that it's future human technology traveling back in time to research the past. I don't think I imagined it because I've brought it up to close friends and family about once or twice every year since then. I suppose my mom and I could both be imagining what happened but that's not very exciting to think about. Besides that one experience nothing weird has ever happened to me. No aliens, no ghosts, no voices, no out of body experiences, nothing, just this one thing I'd really like to understand.

Where did you live and approx what year was this occurring?

On 7/23/2012 at 11:23 PM, cacapitol said:

I've had a couple similar experiences with spiders. When they're small and close to your eyes ( a few inches to a foot) and the room is dimly lit our eyes can't focus on them clearly and so they look like they are further away than they are. I know because I have turned on the light and go back to look. Because they were small they were difficult to see hanging in a lit room if the viewing angle uses a dark background, for example a dark print comforter. I had to squat down and look close up using the wall as the backdrop to see them. Not saying that's what the kush ball things are, just offering a possibility based upon my own experiences.

where do you live at, like what area of the country? Also, I was wondering what time of the day or night do you have such problems with spiders?

On 2/9/2017 at 11:22 PM, DustyKitty said:

Ok so I realize no one has commented on this in a few years, but I had a thing happen last night and it's freaking me out. 

I've been having trouble sleeping lately, so I dozed off and on last night. Anyway, around 4am,  I saw a black fuzzy ball. It was about as big as an orange, no face and no legs, just jet black fluffy fur. It came from the wall across the room, kind of bouncing but like in zero gravity, really lightly and calm. But I didn't JUST see it. When it got to my bed it came up under the blanket and kept bouncing until right before it came out of the edge of my blanket under my chin and and I yelled. Then it bounced away under the blanket and across the room under the door. This thing had weight. It had body heat. And some sort of intelligence to know enough to run away when I panicked. If I had only seen it, I could excuse it away, but I FELT it on me. I need to know I'm not crazy and what this thing was. It's got me really freaked out. 

what area of the country do you live in?

On 10/8/2014 at 3:01 PM, MetalWraith said:

while pregnant with my first daughter in 1991, I was sleeping and (what looked exactly like) a koosh ball came and got right in my face, super close to my face. It wouldn't move and it gave me a horrible frightened feeling. It was 100% negative. I have never seen it since. The difference in what I saw (from your guys stories) is that this thing was rainbow colored just like the real koosh ball. It floated and moved slightly up and down while the "spines" of the ball moved and waved. I haven't told many people about this sighting because it sounds so incredibly crazy!

What area of the country did  you live in when this occurred?

On 7/7/2010 at 3:00 AM, Kuro_Neko said:

I'm still looking for answers myself.... If I ever find out what these things are, I'll make sure to post the '411'.... :blink:

What part of the country do you live in?

On 11/14/2008 at 11:33 PM, cacapitol said:

Finally, someone else who may have seen something similar to what I saw years ago. My experience happened back in the mid 80's. I think I was around 7 to 9 years old. I was just getting done playing in the bath tub. I stood up, pulled the shower curtain back to step out. I look down and there, at the outside base of the tub just below me was a dark gray circular fuzzy shadow about two inches in diameter. At first I really thought it was a shadow but as it moved away from the bath tub I glanced up towards the bathroom light believing that I would see a moth or something flying around. My heart stopped when I realized there was nothing flying around. I looked down and saw that it wasn't a shadow at all but a fuzzy ball looking thing floating just above the ground. I got the impression that I startled it as it quickly scurried like a scared mouse away from the tub. It weaved back and forth and did a little circle as it kept moving further away. I thought it appeared to be heading for the walk-in closet that was directly opposite the tub but instead it made an arching turn towards my mom's bedroom door to the left and under the door it went. I stood frozen and scared. For a brief moment, I couldn't even yell for my mom. Finally, my the words came out, "mom! mom! mom!" After what seemed like an eternity but in reality was probably only a second or two, my mom yelled back from her bed room. I grabbed a towel wrapping it around myself as I approached the door, Shaking I slowly opened the door and there was my mom sitting on her bed looking very concerned and nervous. I told her what had happened. She worked hard to let me know everything was okay and that it was nothing. But a few weeks later, I brought it up again and my mom told me that at the time I was finishing up my bath she was sitting on her bed. She had just finished reading her bible and was just sitting and looking straight ahead. Then she saw a white light come out from under the bathroom door. The glowing orb flew up directly at her until it was about an arms length away and then "poof," it vanished. At the time, I thought my mom was just remembering things wrong because I saw a dark gray shadow thing and she saw a glowing ball. But it could have been something to do with the lighting in the different rooms. The bathroom light was very bright and my mom only had a dim reading lamp on in her bed room. Over the years since the internet I have done a few brief searches to see if I could find any similar experiences but never found anything until now. I lived in Yuba County in California at the time this happened. If anyone else can point me to other posts that are similar please do. In retrospect, it seemed like the thing was looking for an escape and was not going to hurt me. Every now an then I think about it. I wish it would happen again so I could try to understand what those things are more.

I know this will sound weird so please keep the jokes and hate to a minimum but I've read a few things about the future of nanotechnology and it seems like a reasonable although remote possibility that what I saw and the "Kush Ball" experience is some form of advanced nanotechnology. I'm atheist and I don't believe in ghosts or spirits. I don't know if aliens exist and I don't know if time travel will ever be possible. I do, however, believe that it will be possible for us to make micromolecular machines that can swarm in various ways to form something that resembles a solid object, a liquid or in my case a dense gas ball. I don't believe it's possible yet but in a hundred years or so it will be likely. So for what it worth, I think it could be alien technology or even better is that it's future human technology traveling back in time to research the past. I don't think I imagined it because I've brought it up to close friends and family about once or twice every year since then. I suppose my mom and I could both be imagining what happened but that's not very exciting to think about. Besides that one experience nothing weird has ever happened to me. No aliens, no ghosts, no voices, no out of body experiences, nothing, just this one thing I'd really like to understand.

What part of the country did you live in when this happened?

• 4 months later...

Sometimes I see the orbs sometimes I see what looks like an imp but they are very dark oily black in appearance.  I started hearing voices and seeing these things along with visions of a white wolf and finding unexplained paw-like prints in the yard of the house I was renting.  In the front of the house was a rock circle drive with a large patch of grass within the circle, at least 800 sq.ft.  In the center of the grass stood the remnants of a 50 yr. old redwood tree.  One night while climbing the other trees around the house (as instructed to do by the voices) I closed my eyes and upon reopening them, I was surrounded by a misty white swirling vapor.  The voices began chanting "this is your chance" "the portal is open"  Over and over they said it until I closed my eyes again and climbed down from the tree.  I felt.. unstable so I talked to a girl id met and she said go for a walk and you'll know what to do.  This only confused me more.  I walked anyway but felt fear for some reason as if I was being watched.  I saw these imp like creatures peering out from behind trees moving very quickly like flashes of darkness.

Imp

As I returned to my house from the walk something drew me towards the old tree stump.  I pulled its rotting remains out of the ground and heard the voices again.  "She's locked in there"  they said.  I heard a scream.  "You can save her" they said.  How?  I asked them aloud, still not understanding what was happening or why.  "Reach for her, and say a prayer". Now for me praying isn't something I'm very good at.  I was atheist for the last 16 years of my life.  I stood firmly upon the principles of atheism and studied chemistry in college as well as quantum physics, interdimensional spacial relationships and fractal geometry.  I remained atheist until the myriad of events that took place at that house this past June.  So there I am on my knees hovering over the broken ground where I tore the stump from the Earth.  I bury both hands beyond my wrists into the dirt and I prayed.  I close my eyes and ask for the soul of a girl whom I've never met to be spared.  To alleviate her from her fear.  To know I was there with her and that I would protect her.  Deathly still my hands remained in that dirt as I again opened my eyes to see the vortex of white mist surrounding me once more.  I looked out but could not see past the swirling enclosure.  Then I heard her say "Hello?  Is someone there?"  And in that very moment at the lowest point of my understanding.  I felt the dirt deep beneath the surface begin to fall downward away from my fingertips.  As if something beneath them was digging up towards the surface.  My hands stayed utterly still as the dirt fell away.  I blinked and the vortex was gone but in it's stead I know saw the shadow of the reaper standing over me.  I felt something touch my hand.  In fear I yelled, gripped my fingers down around whatever was within their grasp, and yanked them out of the dirt.  I fell backwards and took a breath.  Shaken up by the experience I stood to my feet and began to walk back towards the house.  After a number of steps I could hear the voices, quiet at first but quickly they grew loud and clear.  Cheering.  I heard them cheering.  Cheering and clapping and whistles, hoots and hollars.  They exclaimed "you did it, you did it!"  "You saved her!" "The portal is open!". I looked back to the site at which all this had taken place.  It was then I saw hundreds of small black fuzzy orbs rushing out from the opening left by the stump.  In all directions the scurried and scattered.  But one came straight towards me and stopped by my left foot.  I took a knee and pretended to tie my shoe.  Then quickly grabbed it with my left hand.  As I opened my hand to investigate the or I journeyed up my left arm, and across the left side of my chest.  I attempted to swat it away to no avail. It then directly entered my left eye.  Immediately my left eye began to convulse wildly.  I felt a warm sensation in my skull and then it was over.  I put the stump back and the orbs ceased.  But this was only one of my encounters.

Tell me if you have a similar or not so similar experience.

• 2 months later...

i have seen these with groups of people and have known exceptionally reputable people who have also witnessed  these in groups of people.  typically bouncing down stairs or zipping from the closet to under the bed.  ive never seen one outside of the high negative ion area i lived in but these are  definatly a thing.  i dont believe in ghosts or alien visitors and i try too look for explanations but im forced to timidly assume because of how they apparently interact by moving around physical objects and the sheer number of multipul witnesses it does sort of look like some sort of 'creature' who is more keen on avoiding us than we are to try and poke it.  or maybe just aptmospheric reactions but ive never seen anything that bounces down stairs without ever touching the ground and hang a left into the hallway every single time like its going somewhere.  i dont think there is any reason to assume its dangerous of even capable of being so.

Edited by manscully

• 5 months later...

My experience happened back in 84’. It was in the daytime and outside. As I was walking towards the front door of my house I noticed something black or dark in color hovering near the roof line. It was spherical but had spikes but I don’t recall the spikes moving like tentacles or anything. It was moving slowly and approx. the size of basketball. At the time I was only 5 years old and was extremely frightened and ran to the front door screaming and crying for my mother. She came to the door and asked me what was wrong, but I remember I couldn’t really put anything into words as I was so upset. 

I have never seen anything like that again in my life but that memory has always stayed with me and still troubles me from time to time.

A Kush ball sounds like something that would be on special at my local dispensary. 

Yeah, the floating black ball of fur is something that apparently people can see during a sleep paralysis/hypnagogia type event.

My partner said he saw this once.

• Like 2

On 9/26/2008 at 5:31 PM, Captain K'nuckles said:

Well, I remember hearing about a woman who runs a site on shadow people (can't remember her site). She mentions that they sometimes manifest as shadowy spiders.

Yeah, I've seen those. I called them shadow spiders. 

Usually, right when you wake up, and then they dissipate while you stare at them, like they are dream images stained on your retina. 

• Like 1

I saw one of these "spider kush balls" the other night right as I was waking up. I was startled as it flitted around the room - until I realized it was completely controlled by my eye movement, like an eye floater. It was just some kind of sleep afterimage on my retina. I'd never seen one before, but now I can honestly say they are absolutely nothing but some kind of mark in your eye that comes from sleep.

I can see how someone seeing one for the first time, dazed from sleep, would mistake it as something otherworldly.

• 2 months later...

What I saw in my home was a black furry ball run from under my sofa over my friends foot. It was fast. She saw it too. Then last night my husband saw it hovering over my magazines at the coffee table. It shot under the sofa real fast. He got up and tore the place up looking for it. He didn’t know I had seen it too a couple of years ago. Here is a photo of something that looks like what we are seeing. It’s between lemon and tennis ball size. 

69BCBB26-B7C8-4536-8B39-4813FD1E01BF.jpeg

• Like 2

On 7/2/2018 at 1:22 PM, GlitterRose said:

Yeah, the floating black ball of fur is something that apparently people can see during a sleep paralysis/hypnagogia type event.

My partner said he saw this once.

I saw one during a deep meditation. I opened my eyes and saw what many here described. Accept mine was green. It was sitting on the wall right in front of me. 

Then it began to move back and forth along the wall. Then it just disappeared. Very cool experience. 

This is another one of those things where to me, to many people have seen it for there to be nothing to it. 

• Like 1

On 9/9/2018 at 2:01 AM, Woo said:

What I saw in my home was a black furry ball run from under my sofa over my friends foot. It was fast. She saw it too. Then last night my husband saw it hovering over my magazines at the coffee table. It shot under the sofa real fast. He got up and tore the place up looking for it. He didn’t know I had seen it too a couple of years ago. Here is a photo of something that looks like what we are seeing. It’s between lemon and tennis ball size. 

69BCBB26-B7C8-4536-8B39-4813FD1E01BF.jpeg

OMG I got goose bumps when I saw this! That is EXACTLY what i saw at my old apartment, only that one actually bounced on me! Ugh I just wish I knew what they are, it really made me doubt my sanity at first because no one else had seen it. It was also warm and about as heavy as a hamster. Thank you for sharing this, I don't feel as weird about it as I did before. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DustyKitty said:

OMG I got goose bumps when I saw this! That is EXACTLY what i saw at my old apartment, only that one actually bounced on me! Ugh I just wish I knew what they are, it really made me doubt my sanity at first because no one else had seen it. It was also warm and about as heavy as a hamster. Thank you for sharing this, I don't feel as weird about it as I did before. 

If you want rid, just do the LBRP. 

That's how I fixed stuff around here. 

It's on youtube.

There's an altered state between sleep and wakefulness and during that time you can see (hear and feel) some freaky stuff.

People tend to see similar things, too...shadow people, shadow spiders, black balls of fur, various colored orbs, apparitions that look like regular people, various types of "portal" looking things. 

It all responds to banishment.

Edited by GlitterRose