Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sarah Palin being blessed 'against witchcraft

questionmark

Video shows Sarah Palin being blessed 'against witchcraft'

Philippe Naughton

A grainy YouTube video has surfaced showing Sarah Palin being blessed in her hometown church three years ago by a Kenyan pastor who prayed for her protection from “witchcraft" as she prepared to seek higher office.

The video shows Ms Palin, John McCain's surprise pick as the Republican vice-presidential candidate, standing before Bishop Thomas Muthee in the pulpit of the Wasilla Assembly of God church, holding her hands open as he asked Jesus Christ to keep her safe from “every form of witchcraft”.

“Come on, talk to God about this woman. We declare, save her from Satan,” Bishop Muthee said as two attendants placed their hands on Ms Palin’s shoulders.

“Make her way my God. Bring finances her way even for the campaign in the name of Jesus. ... Use her to turn this nation the other way around.”

Ms Palin filed campaign papers a few months later, in October 2005, and was elected governor the next year. She does not say anything on the video and keeps her head bowed throughout the blessing.

The Republican vice-presidential candidate was baptised at the church but stopped attending regularly in 2002. A spokesman for the McCain campaign declined to comment although the Associated Press reported that a person who answered the phone at the Wasilla church confirmed the video was from May 2005.

Pentecostals are conservative in their reading of the Bible and unlike most other Christians - including most evangelicals - they believe in “baptism in the Holy Spirit”. That can manifest itself through speaking in tongues, modern-day prophesy and faith healing, which includes the laying on of hands.

Maria Comella, a spokeswoman for the McCain-Palin campaign, has said that Ms Palin, who was baptised as a Roman Catholic as a newborn, attends different churches and does not consider herself Pentecostal.

Full story, source: The Times

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AROCES

• MasterPo

• IrishAidan07

• SilverCougar

That's actually not funny; It's scary!

Can't resist though: What was she actually afraid of? That members of the opposition party would secretly sacrifice a moose, chanting & dancing around a petroleum lamp out in the damp, cold pine forests?

Its worked hasnt it? look at all of the people bewitched to think she is the greatest thing since sliced bread...It seems the only stipulation is that she cant answer questions on camera or it begins to wear off...

I dont see the problem here. She was probably just trying to drum up support from that population....

Witches?

Crap man... had I known.. I wouldn't have casted that spell on her.

She's witch I tell you - she turned me into a Newt!

Hells dude.. I'd have turned you into something more worth my while.. Use you're imagination on that one. ;)

That's actually not funny; It's scary!

Can't resist though: What was she actually afraid of? That members of the opposition party would secretly sacrifice a moose, chanting & dancing around a petroleum lamp out in the damp, cold pine forests?

YES! Democrats and the Libs will do anything to destroy her!

Actually.. she's doing that job all on her own.

Actually.. she's doing that job all on her own.

Then you have to tell that to those who keeps investigating her and posting character assasination stuff .

Then you have to tell that to those who keeps investigating her and posting character assasination stuff .

Yes, and mccains people dont have anyone going after obama?

Again, she's doing it to herself. Not those posting such things about her's fault that she gives them the ammunition in spades. It's the same with Biden. *shrugs* The cons go after him and Obama in full force, yet apparently it's uncool to go after Palin.

That's double standard right there.

(Oh and before you even go that rout.. I make fun of Biden when he hands out ammunition against him too.))

Yes, and mccains people dont have anyone going after obama?

Oh they do, it's election time!

But I ain't going to defend Obama, you guys can do that, right?

Again, she's doing it to herself. Not those posting such things about her's fault that she gives them the ammunition in spades. It's the same with Biden. *shrugs* The cons go after him and Obama in full force, yet apparently it's uncool to go after Palin.

That's double standard right there.

(Oh and before you even go that rout.. I make fun of Biden when he hands out ammunition against him too.))

And it's uncool to answer back on Palin attacks?

By the way, I have not said much about Biden really except when he said Hillary would have been a better VP and President.

That was really really an odd thing to say, makes one wonder what the heck is on his mind. :blink:

Oh they do, it's election time!

But I ain't going to defend Obama, you guys can do that, right?

I just dont understand why you would complain about something that both sides are obviously going to do.

It reminds me of the mccain tactic that I saw in the debate the other night where mccain dropped a bombshell and accused obama of not supporting the troops because he didnt sign off on a bill to send money for iraq. Boo hisss obama. Come to find out that mccain had not signed off on the alternate funding bill that had a timeline in it...So they had both refused to fund the troops, and the real argument is not over money but over timelines, but yet mccain is willing to mislead people and make it sound like obama is not supporting the troops even though he himself had done the same thing...

That whole mccain campaign has lost all integrity and honor, which is sad, I used to really respect the man.

For a very long time Obama (and Hilary at the time) had said he would start troop withdrawls pronto and we would be gone ASAP.

But now he's singing a different tune knowing full well you can't just pull out. But that isn't getting a lot of play in the media.

I just dont understand why you would complain about something that both sides are obviously going to do.

Not complaining, just like addressing and firing back on the cheap shot artist.

It reminds me of the mccain tactic that I saw in the debate the other night where mccain dropped a bombshell and accused obama of not supporting the troops because he didnt sign off on a bill to send money for iraq. Boo hisss obama. Come to find out that mccain had not signed off on the alternate funding bill that had a timeline in it...So they had both refused to fund the troops, and the real argument is not over money but over timelines, but yet mccain is willing to mislead people and make it sound like obama is not supporting the troops even though he himself had done the same thing...

That whole mccain campaign has lost all integrity and honor, which is sad, I used to really respect the man.

Obama says he support the troops but not the war. So does he wants the troops to accomplish their mission?

Not complaining, just like addressing and firing back on the cheap shot artist.

Obama says he support the troops but not the war. So does he wants the troops to accomplish their mission?

Cheap shot? You don't find it worrying that the possible next VP of the US is worried about... Witchcraft? She's obviously a nut.

Cheap shot? You don't find it worrying that the possible next VP of the US is worried about... Witchcraft? She's obviously a nut.

Nah, that was her just going along with the flow like any politicians would in any event.

Obama says he support the troops but not the war.

How do you support the people doing the war but not the war itself?

Arg.

There is a difference between not wanting anything to happen to the troops, supporting them, making sure they have what they need, and then supporting what they are doing. Without the stuff, the support, they would be in greater danger. Understand?

You Republicans are not that intellectually inferior. You know what he means. You're just spouting off a typical talking point.

Edited by IrishLexie

Yup, congress voted for the war and those who opposed or voted against it are suppose to back up the war and the mission of our troops once it has been decided. If you remember when Clinton bombed Kosovo, once it was voted for all the Republicans who voted against it backed up our troops fullly and their mission, they just want them to get the job done and come home.

At least that is the appropriate thing to do, specially with public officials.

You Republicans are something else.