Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Palin on TV

pendora

Anyone think she could be considered kinda sexy . :D Or maybe its the aura of repressed sexual urges that is streaming from her with her being a conservative christian type and all.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AROCES

• Fluffybunny

• IrishAidan07

• BlindMessiah

So you agree that Alaska's proximity to Russia grants its Governor foreign policy credentials?

Did I say that? Why don't you go back through, read my comments and see just what I was contesting.

Ever since Desperate Housewives people love MILFs..

Already a MILF - but perhaps one day she'll be a VPILF. :D

LOL :lol:

I defend Palin all the time. I defend McCain all the time. I have even defended Bush. I am a fair when it comes to politics. While I am politically liberal, for the most part, I am politically fair. Partisanship p***es me off. The way the Democrats have acted with regard to Palin disgusts me. The way Republicans have acted with regard to Obama disgusts me.

Have you defended Biden and Obama, Irish?

I do not consider Sarah Palin unfit for the office of Vice President of the United States of America (and potentially the office of President) because she is a Republican. I consider her unfit for those offices because has no experience, she has no gravitas. She is confident only in front of a church group or when able to make a prepared speech with no off-the-cuff questions put to her. She is a lightweight and is on the Republican ticket as a novelty to hopefully snap up the disaffected Hillary voters and as a sop to the Christian right. This ploy is now backfiring badly as her lack of credential is becoming apparent.

This interview (and I use that word cautiously) was simply embarrassing. If that had been a UK politician... well, to be honest I would like to think such a situation simply could not happen here across the pond.

She is being lined up to be arguably the second-most powerful person in the world and with access to the nuclear codes. She may very well be the Commander-in-Chief given the age of McCain and the health concerns due to that.

I find this an extremely frightening scenario - more frightening than what is happening in the economy by far.

Edited by Leonardo

So you agree that Alaska's proximity to Russia grants its Governor foreign policy credentials?

well no but i think the implication is that by the very nature of Alaska's geographical boundaries, some elements of foreign policy ultimately involve her...

Not so much with Russia, but with Canada, I can't see how the governor wouldn't be involved in talks, even simply as part of a larger federal effort...

Of course then, theres Obama's foreign policy world tour that somehow qualifies heh

Did I say that? Why don't you go back through, read my comments and see just what I was contesting.

The point here is not that the big bad media has been mean to the nice lady Governor or that she was flustered, or misspoke, or made what any reasonable person could term a "gaff." The point is that she claims proximity to Russia as foreign policy credentials. That you find her performance defensible on any level requires that you first find her argument defensible. So again, do you believe that her contention that her state's geographical relationship to Russia constitutes a background in foreign policy? Yes or no.

Mccain thinks so to lol

Bad boy your wife is there dude lol

You can expect a cleaning bill in the mail for the spit take I just did... :lol:

The best part about the "I can see russia from my house" comment on the SNL skit that Tina Fey did was that there was just an undertone of Ralph Wiggum(From the Simpsons "I found a moon rock in my nose!") in the delivery:

linked-image

On the contrary that would be hilarious. I can see it now.

Moderator: Senator Biden, what do you believe is the best way to deal with Iran?

Biden: I believe John Adams said it best on his weekly podcast when we fought Iran originally for our freedom from their taxation laws.

Moderator: Sir, we fought Great Britain, and John Adams didn't have a weekly podcast.

Biden: *chokes to death on foot*

Moderator: Governor Palin, how do you feel about Senator Biden's untimely demise?

Palin: In what respect?

Moderator: That he died...?

Palin: Well, I can see his corpse from my podium.

On the contrary that would be hilarious. I can see it now.

Moderator: Senator Biden, what do you believe is the best way to deal with Iran?

Biden: I believe John Adams said it best on his weekly podcast when we fought Iran originally for our freedom from their taxation laws.

Moderator: Sir, we fought Great Britain, and John Adams didn't have a weekly podcast.

Biden: *chokes to death on foot*

Moderator: Governor Palin, how do you feel about Senator Biden's untimely demise?

Palin: In what respect?

Moderator: That he died...?

Palin: Well, I can see his corpse from my podium.

:lol: :lol: Well done that was awesome

I admit she has made some mistakes. But if you wanna criticize her, find a better reason. I fail to see how being a good debater and being good on T.V. has anything to do with being president. You don't decide to enact policies, sign and veto bills with a camera in your face. You don't decide to send troops to war with a camera in your face. I really think people are just looking for more reasons to make fun of her. That, I find, is rather sad.

Wait, wait! I'm confused. I thought she was some kind of broadcast journalist? Maybe a sports journalist, not certain? I thought she majored in broadcast journalism at the least. Wouldn't that give her some kind of behind the camera experience? Am I confusing her with someone else?

Wait, wait! I'm confused. I thought she was some kind of broadcast journalist? Maybe a sports journalist, not certain? I thought she majored in broadcast journalism at the least. Wouldn't that give her some kind of behind the camera experience? Am I confusing her with someone else?

You are absalutly right so the argument that she's nervous on t.v. is very weak indeed.

Bachelor of Science degree in communications-journalism,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarah_Palin

The point here is not that the big bad media has been mean to the nice lady Governor or that she was flustered, or misspoke, or made what any reasonable person could term a "gaff." The point is that she claims proximity to Russia as foreign policy credentials. That you find her performance defensible on any level requires that you first find her argument defensible. So again, do you believe that her contention that her state's geographical relationship to Russia constitutes a background in foreign policy? Yes or no.

No, I think if she hadn't of been nervous, she may have been able to defend her statement a little better than "I don't know." That's all I was saying. She may be nervous. Agreeing with her orginal statement is not a prerequisite for believing she gets flustered when talking to the press. That's nonsensical.

Have you defended Biden and Obama, Irish?

Yeah, numerous times. Obama more than Biden.

And you are entitled to like, dislike, love, or hate any candidate you want.

Mccain thinks so to lol

Bad boy your wife is there dude lol

LMAO.

You are absalutly right so the argument that she's nervous on t.v. is very weak indeed.

Bachelor of Science degree in communications-journalism,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarah_Palin

How is it weak? LOL. Go read what I said.

When you know a lot is riding on how you answer questions, you are going to be nervous when a million people are waiting for you to screw up the answer to a question a reporter, who BTW are always trying to make a name for themselves, asks you.

I say before we start crucifying her, let's wait 'til the VP debate. If McCain does indeed cancel it, I will have lost all respect for him.

Anyone think she could be considered kinda sexy . :D Or maybe its the aura of repressed sexual urges that is streaming from her with her being a conservative christian type and all.

Palin has definately moved into my top 3 of if-I-had-the-chance-my-wife-would-let-me. :D

(Yes, she knows about my list)

The minute I saw Palin, I looked at my wife and said, "By some off-the-wall chance, if she ever comes knocking on my door, I'm not turning her away. If that is a problem, sign the dotted line." LOL.

She's an air head

At least she didn't lie about Iraq's WMD like Biden did:

"Saddam is dangerous. The world would be a better place without him.

But the reason he poses a growing danger to the United States and its

allies is that he possesses chemical and biological weapons"

- Vice Presidential Candidate Joe Biden October 10,2002

http://politicallibrary.net/library/B/Bide..._2002_10_10.htm

At least she didn't lie about Iraq's WMD like Biden did:

"Saddam is dangerous. The world would be a better place without him.

But the reason he poses a growing danger to the United States and its

allies is that he possesses chemical and biological weapons"

- Vice Presidential Candidate Joe Biden October 10,2002

http://politicallibrary.net/library/B/Bide..._2002_10_10.htm

Ummm, how did he lie? If Biden lied, then Bush and Cheney lied. However there is no solid proof that anyone lied.

Ummm, how did he lie? If Biden lied, then Bush and Cheney lied. However there is no solid proof that anyone lied.

Correct.

The CIA, NSA, Military intel, British intel, Mosad, KGB, Interpol etc. all reported the same thing. (To this day the British still stand by their assessment! G-d bless them for that!)

To paraphrase from what I asked on the main forum: What is a President to do in light of all this info?