Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Anybody watching the debate? Thoughts?

Dixie-Girl

I think McCain did well, but I think Obama did well too. If I had to pick a winner, I wouldn't. I'd simply say "tie."

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Whangarei

• IrishAidan07

• BlindMessiah

• Omnaka

Well they just mentioned it! So I guess I'm not out of my mind! LOL!!!:lol:

I'm not denying that it happened, it just didn't bother me.

I wish there had been a juicy soundbite or something. I didn't really hear anything new from either one.

John McCain doesn't exactly have the flexibility of most people. Perhaps turning around and looking at Obama every couple of seconds is uncomfortable for him. Did anyone consider that?

Why won't McCain look directly at Obama? He looks like he's really intimidated by him and won't look. Its been on for 40 minutes and he's not looked at him once!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow... you're serious? You realize if you were any more biased roses would literally grow out of your eyes?

Just a warning, glass shards are painful if inserted into ones eye.

Mmmm.. Nope.. McCain still doesn't jive. Obama is still my choice.

John McCain doesn't exactly have the flexibility of most people. Perhaps turning around and looking at Obama every couple of seconds is uncomfortable for him. Did anyone consider that?

Did you know he was a prisoner of war for several years? He didn't have a kitchen.

Did you know he was a prisoner of war for several years? He didn't have a kitchen.

LOL.

Wow... you're serious? You realize if you were any more biased roses would literally grow out of your eyes?

Just a warning, glass shards are painful if inserted into ones eye.

Oh please. I'm so sick of immature people making fights because they have nothing of importance going on in their lives as evidenced by the numerous number of hours they spend on here. :rolleyes::P I'm not biased. I actually like John McCain a lot. I agree with a lot of what he has stated, you can ask Master Po if you don't believe me. Its a valid observation. And if McCain is so broken that he can't figure out how to look at people he stands to offend a lot of heads of state.

I would think most world leaders would be intelligent enough to understand what the man has endured, and why he is unable to twist this way or that to look at them. I mean, given their position they should be intelligent enough to understand those things. But if they are not, one would assume an aide would make it known to them. Just an observation...

Also, some people work on a computer for a living, so stopping in UM often to see what is going on is not a difficulty.

Edited by IrishLexie

Are you suggesting that John McCain is physically incapable of turning his head to look at someone? Is that what you suggest? How pray tell did he manage to look to the left? Perhaps someone should let the moderators know to let him stand to the right next time since it was so obvious that he couldn't physically look to the right? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Oh in case you were wondering, yes suggesting that McCain can't move because of his war injuries is indeed a ridiculous answer

Here he is on Letterman!! He comes out at 32 seconds into the video.

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=0_I3Gr-O2Ak&...feature=related

The poor man must have been doped to the gills in order to do this show.

Edited by Whangarei

Why won't McCain look directly at Obama? He looks like he's really intimidated by him and won't look. Its been on for 40 minutes and he's not looked at him once!!!!!!!!!!!

linked-image

I'm not suggesting anything of the sort. I'm simply saying that you are not him - clearly - so you don't know if adjusting himself every couple of seconds to look at Obama is uncomfortable. I notice in the Letterman video you offer as evidence for some asinine point you trying to convey, that McCain sorta shifted and faced Letterman when they were standing up. Seated, it may be easier for him to turn his head. To be honest, I don't know. But the most imperative thing here is this: neither do you.

I think picking on McCain for something like this is completely stupid. Perhaps it was uncomfortable for him. Perhaps when he enters debate-mode, he is straitlaced and stern, so prefers to peer ahead, as though he were still in the military. Either way, who gives a damn? I don't understand why someone would pick on him for something like this. I doubt seriously he meant any disrespect; and I doubt very, very seriously he was intimated by Obama. McCain is a seasoned politician.

If you want to offer some criticism of McCain, for Christ sakes, find something better than that!

Edited by IrishLexie

Yes you did, look at your own post not two posts above? Your problem is you never want to admit you are wrong or that you jump to conclusions. So please I thought you were complaining about me following YOU around stalking you??? Once again you've been proven wrong. So shut up until you know what you are talking about maybe? :lol:

In case you can't read your own words I've posted them again for you.

I would think most world leaders would be intelligent enough to understand what the man has endured, and why he is unable to twist this way or that to look at them. I mean, given their position they should be intelligent enough to understand those things. But if they are not, one would assume an aide would make it known to them. Just an observation...

Also, some people work on a computer for a living, so stopping in UM often to see what is going on is not a difficulty.

You wrote why is unable to twist to look at them. You didn't write why he might be unable. You jumped to defense about something you didn't know. That's knee jerk loyalty and not open minded at all. Before you criticize someone for being blindly loyal you might want to check yourself. :P:D

Edited by Whangarei

linked-image

He's looking at Obama! How rude!

And again!!!

linked-image

Edited by IrishLexie

Yes you did, look at your own post not two posts above? Your problem is you never want to admit you are wrong or that you jump to conclusions. So please I thought you were complaining about me following YOU around stalking you??? Once again you've been proven wrong. So shut up until you know what you are talking about maybe? :lol:

I thought, gee, I said, "Did anyone consider that?" Your problem is *Snip - removed insult*. I see you're already going after someone else, BlindMessiah. I thought the problem was me? Perhaps instead of always blaming other people, you could look in the mirror? :lol:

And common sense would tell you that the little bit you are now quoting (you edited) would be IF he was unable to turn this way or that. I simply don't know. Neither do you. But IF it is uncomfortable, world leaders would know why. As a matter of fact, if they saw him twisting around like a normal person, they'd probably be surprised if they knew his history.

Edited by Paranoid Android
Insulting comments removed - don't make this personal please

Oh please. I'm so sick of immature people making fights because they have nothing of importance going on in their lives as evidenced by the numerous number of hours they spend on here.

Haha... you realize that you spend more time per day on this forum on average? Funny comment to make considering that. ;)

I thought they both did well. As I listened to both candidates I couldn't help thinking of me, a voter, as an owner of a farm.

It's probably a bad analogy but here it goes: I can't but help think of a person who owns a farm and is undecided on how to approach the care for the future of his/her farm. The owner could directly care for the growth of his/her seeds/plants (giving the working class the tax breaks) him/herself to ensure the plants grow healthy so that their is a good future for their family.

Or, the owner could hire a person (giving wealthy/businesses the tax breaks) and give them the funds and trust the farmer to care for the future of the growth of the seeds/plants (the future of the community).

Both candidates did a great job tonight; however, after the past 8 years, I don't trust McCain as a farmer of my, nor my children's, future. After tonight's debate, I think Obama seemed to be the better candidate at taking care of the seeds/plants directly - which will be the future of our country.

Edited by SoCrazes

I thought, gee, I said, "Did anyone consider that?" Your problem is *snip - edited quote*. I see you're already going after someone else, BlindMessiah. I thought the problem was me? Perhaps instead of always blaming other people, you could look in the mirror? :lol:

And common sense would tell you that the little bit you are now quoting (you edited) would be IF he was unable to turn this way or that. I simply don't know. Neither do you. But IF it is uncomfortable, world leaders would know why. As a matter of fact, if they saw him twisting around like a normal person, they'd probably be surprised if they knew his history.

I've quoted and reported the post. There's no need for vitriol or name calling. I don't understand why you always seem to get so angry over everything? Sheesh. Never mind then. <_<

I've quoted and reported the post. There's no need for vitriol or name calling. I don't understand why you always seem to get so angry over everything? Sheesh. Never mind then. <_<

I'm glad you reported it. Perhaps then they'll realize all the baiting you do. Like, uh, didn't you get a warning or a PM about that the other day? I thought you did. Hmmm.

linked-image

He's looking at Obama! How rude!

And again!!!

linked-image

So he can look people in the eyes? Yes when he came on he shook hands, and then never looked at him again until the debate was over? Did you even watch the debate?

Interesting, I got on here hoping to garner more perspectives about the debate between Obama and McCain and found another debate. This one is more interesting :)

So he can look people in the eyes? Yes when he came on he shook hands, and then never looked at him again until the debate was over? Did you even watch the debate?

Uh, genius, neither of those pics were from the debate. I'm simply showing you that if he meant any disrespect, then it's a new thing he just started tonight. I'm sorry you didn't catch on. ^_^

Interesting, I got on here hoping to garner more perspectives about the debate between Obama and McCain and found another debate. This one is more interesting :)

Won't be for long. I had the same reaction you did. I like both McCain and Obama and I thought actually both points were good about the economy. However when were sitting on a 700 billion dollar bail out and McCain is worried about 18 billion dollars in earmarks it really seemed to me that he didn't do the math. His policies would be great if we weren't in a financial crisis at the moment and he didn't seem to really understand that. Neither candidate seemed willing to discuss what they'd need to eliminate from their campaign promises because of the fiscal crisis. :hmm: