Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Anybody watching the debate? Thoughts?

Dixie-Girl

I love that whangarei kindly called me a loser, based on the time I spend on this forum, and when pointed out she spends more time, quickly drops the subject. :rofl:

Edited by BlindMessiah

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Whangarei

• IrishAidan07

• BlindMessiah

• Omnaka

He's 72 for goodness sake. My grandmother could hardly walk when she was 72 and you expect this guy to twist and turn during an hour and half debate?

Edited by SoCrazes

I love that she kindly called me a loser, based on the time I spend on this forum, and when pointed out she spends more time, quickly drops the subject. :rofl:

Yeah, and then reports me for calling her an idiot. At least when I violate the rules, I go for Gold. That's gotta count for something. Besides, an "idiot" is just a foolish person. How is that against the rules, but her telling people to shut up because they don't know what they're talking any different? Basically, it's saying you're a fool in a more indirect way. Like I said, I go for Gold.

Edited by IrishLexie

John McCain doesn't exactly have the flexibility of most people. Perhaps turning around and looking at Obama every couple of seconds is uncomfortable for him. Did anyone consider that?

Very astute. Point to you. :tu:

He's 72 for goodness sake. My grandmother could hardly walk when she was 72 and you expect this guy to twist and turn during an hour and half debate?

Hey I said its not a good PR move. If you're on a debate and you can't move, that doesn't bode well as to your health? If you read my original posts this is what I meant. I've liked McCain all along. I don't like Palin but I do like McCain. But I felt this was not a good move because it was disrespectful of his opponent.

Edited by Whangarei

53 minutes and not one direct gaze. He can't look him in the eye. He doesn't even acknowledge him!

Here's a picture of the debate and as you can see McCain is looking Obama squarely in the eye:

linked-image

Both candidates did a great job tonight; however, after the past 8 years, I don't trust McCain as a farmer of my, nor my children's, future. After tonight's debate, I think Obama seemed to be the better candidate at taking care of the seeds/plants directly - which will be the future of our country.

Going with your analogy, that's at best a half-answer.

Why Obama over McCain?

Here's a picture of the debate and as you can see McCain is looking Obama squarely in the eye:

linked-image

Did you watch the debate? He came out and shook hands and then never looked at his opponent again? Did you watch the debate?

Yeah, and then reports me for calling her an idiot. At least when I violate the rules, I go for Gold. That's gotta count for something. Besides, an "idiot" is just a foolish person. How is that against the rules, but her telling people to shut up because they don't know what they're talking any different? Basically, it's saying you're a fool in a more indirect way. Like I said, I go for Gold.

I prefer a different technique. For example, "Anyone who thinks that John McCain not looking at Barack Obama was due to fear is an idiot."

Note, this was simply an example. I in no way suggest that someone saying McCain not looking at Obama was due to fear is an idiot.

I'm the BlindMessiah, and I do not endorse this post. :tu:

Yeah, people are losing their homes, jobs, health care; are unable to send their kids to school; people are away at war; and some countries are threatening to build nuclear weapons. But we shouldn't focus on what the candidates had to say in regards to those issues. No. We should focus on why John McCain, a wounded veteran, didn't turn around and look at Obama every couple of seconds. I mean, definitely the most important issue.

Going with your analogy, that's at best a half-answer.

Why Obama over McCain?

You're only posting half of my quote - therefore, it looks like a "half-answer."

Yeah, people are losing their homes, jobs, health care; are unable to send their kids to school; people are away at war; and some countries are threatening to build nuclear weapons. But we shouldn't focus on what the candidates had to say in regards to those issues. No. We should focus on why John McCain, a wounded veteran, didn't turn around and look at Obama every couple of seconds. I mean, definitely the most important issue.

No countries are threatening to build nuclear weapons...... our media are repeating what our politicians are saying to scare you.....

..the USA has set a very bad example, for its citizens, by trying to police the planet out of greed........

No countries are threatening to build nuclear weapons...... our media are repeating what our politicians are saying to scare you.....

..the USA has set a very bad example, for its citizens, by trying to police the planet out of greed........

O.K., Alex.

I'm not suggesting anything of the sort. I'm simply saying that you are not him - clearly - so you don't know if adjusting himself every couple of seconds to look at Obama is uncomfortable. I notice in the Letterman video you offer as evidence for some asinine point you trying to convey, that McCain sorta shifted and faced Letterman when they were standing up. Seated, it may be easier for him to turn his head. To be honest, I don't know. But the most imperative thing here is this: neither do you.

I think picking on McCain for something like this is completely stupid. Perhaps it was uncomfortable for him. Perhaps when he enters debate-mode, he is straitlaced and stern, so prefers to peer ahead, as though he were still in the military. Either way, who gives a damn? I don't understand why someone would pick on him for something like this. I doubt seriously he meant any disrespect; and I doubt very, very seriously he was intimated by Obama. McCain is a seasoned politician.

If you want to offer some criticism of McCain, for Christ sakes, find something better than that!

McCain, barely, if ever, looked directly at Obama........

yet,

...said ,"when I met Putin all I saw was KGB written on his forehead"......

... what kind of comment was that?........... a provoking one.... one that will intensify and surely get more innocent people killed on the planet if he's elected President....

... I must admit I'm scared to death of a McCain Presidency ......... he has got absolutely NO empathy for anything and will only become what he hated....

Edited by acidhead43

Iran is...

Reminds me of Saddam with WMD. I think WMD is a code word for oil. Maybe, "nuclear weapons" is a code word for "pipeline?"

McCain, barely, if ever, looked directly at Obama........

So what? As I said, it may be uncomfortable. He may, when entering debate-mode, become stern and straitlaced. It may be a hundred different things. But saying he was either being disrespectful or was intimated by Obama is, in a reality based community, a false dichotomy. There could be a hundred different reasons. It's patently stupid to fixate on such a thing.

I for one, didn't need to see the debate to know where the candidates stood on the issues. I watched the debate as I said to see how they would do under pressure. I was shocked by McCain's performance. He repeated veterans about a million times and kept pointing out how he'd save us that 18 billion dollars in earmarks. Then he pointed out spending freeze. As Obama answered correctly taking an axe to something that needs a scalpel is no way to go about fixing a problem. It seems the polls are showing that Obama rated higher in the debate on all major topics. And as I've pointed out, throughout history the performance in the debates matters as much as what was said.

Reminds me of Saddam with WMD. I think WMD is a code word for oil. Maybe, "nuclear weapons" is a code word for "pipeline?"

When someone sounds an alarm to a threat and action is taken they are called a liar and said to have alterior motives.

When someone doesn't take action to a threat and the problem blows up (literally!) they are said to have let it happen at best, were too dumb to "connect the dots" at worse.

Can't win for loosing.

This is get tired.

So what? As I said, it may be uncomfortable. He may, when entering debate-mode, become stern and straitlaced. It may be a hundred different things. But saying he was either being disrespectful or was intimated by Obama is, in a reality based community, a false dichotomy. There could be a hundred different reasons. It's patently stupid to fixate on such a thing.

I did see him blink at the moderator a lot. That seemed very rude.

I for one, didn't need to see the debate to know where the candidates stood on the issues. I watched the debate as I said to see how they would do under pressure. I was shocked by McCain's performance. He repeated veterans about a million times and kept pointing out how he'd save us that 18 billion dollars in earmarks. Then he pointed out spending freeze. As Obama answered correctly taking an axe to something that needs a scalpel is no way to go about fixing a problem. It seems the polls are showing that Obama rated higher in the debate on all major topics. And as I've pointed out, throughout history the performance in the debates matters as much as what was said.

No, you watched the debate to look for reasons to tear down McCain. When you failed to find any, you made some up.

When someone sounds an alarm to a threat and action is taken they are called a liar and said to have alterior motives.

When someone doesn't take action to a threat and the problem blows up (literally!) they are said to have let it happen at best, were too dumb to "connect the dots" at worse.

Can't win for loosing.

This is get tired.

You apparently weren't read to as a child. Have you ever heard of the story of "The Boy Who Cried Wolf"? Or is it "The High Functioning Moron Who Cried Terror"?

I did see him blink at the moderator a lot. That seemed very rude.

Yeah, and only raising his arm a few inches when making a gesture was completely ignorant of him. Doesn't he know there are some people who don't have arms? What a jerk.

Edited by IrishLexie