Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Anybody watching the debate? Thoughts?

Dixie-Girl

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Whangarei

• IrishAidan07

• BlindMessiah

• Omnaka

When someone sounds an alarm to a threat and action is taken they are called a liar and said to have alterior motives.

When someone doesn't take action to a threat and the problem blows up (literally!) they are said to have let it happen at best, were too dumb to "connect the dots" at worse.

Can't win for loosing.

This is get tired.

Are you talking about this $700 billion bailout or the weapons of mass destruction? They're batting 000 my friend...enough for me to get rid of the farmer.

Are you talking about this $700 billion bailout or the weapons of mass destruction? They're batting 000 my friend...enough for me to get rid of the farmer.

I forgot I was dealing with a trial lawyer.

The WMD question if you would sir.

One of his most controversial statements was one in which, according to the initial Islamic Republic News Agency translation, he called for Israel to be "wiped off the map,"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahmoud_Ahmadinejad

You know when he said that he really meant he wanted to build schools for his people, attract industry and jobs, and advance the rights of woman. Total misunderstanding by the West. ;)

So what? As I said, it may be uncomfortable. He may, when entering debate-mode, become stern and straitlaced. It may be a hundred different things. But saying he was either being disrespectful or was intimated by Obama is, in a reality based community, a false dichotomy. There could be a hundred different reasons. It's patently stupid to fixate on such a thing.

... the most obvious answer is usually the right one....

...btw, can you really think of a HUNDRED reasons.......

... no matter the reason..... many will think of it as arrogant....... not surprising though McCains stinks of it....

... how many times have we heard him say over and over that he's got all the Military experience to lead America into the future?......... his buddies, if he truely has any, must be sick

of listening to him repeat this......

WHAT Experience.... the guy's a flake at best.... sure his Daddy was a Navel Commander in the American Military during the Veitnam War .

BUT... it wasn't Johnny...... noooooo.... not you johnny McCain......... Johnny was eating rice in a POW camp....... for 5 years......... this isn't an atttack its the facts.....

... this man is hardly stable , never mind crippled, to lead anything...... he's a fake..... just ask the thousands of war veterans how they feel about this pathalogical lier.....

No, you watched the debate to look for reasons to tear down McCain. When you failed to find any, you made some up.

What do you base this on? Considering I've been in agreement for his tax policies for a long time now? Now you are the one who is making stuff up. I challenge you find one thing I've sad bad about McCain on this site. I like McCain. I always have. When he was running against Bush last time I wanted him to win. So please stop making stuff up. :no:

You know when he said that he really meant he wanted to build schools for his people, attract industry and jobs, and advance the rights of woman. Total misunderstanding by the West. ;)

Well of course, in his oppinion giving a country's women rights, it would wipe the country off the map. :P

I forgot I was dealing with a trial lawyer.

The WMD question if you would sir.

MasterPo or anyone, I need you to give me some reasons why I should stay a republican. Please provide me a list of what this administration has accomplished for the betterment of this country over the past 8 years? Then, a list of what we've given up or lost over the past 8 years. From where I sit, me and most others I know (it is a small group) have lost far more than gained.

I truly believe in the conservative ideals, but have lost my trust in those at the helm of those ideals. So, please help me regain that trust.

What do you base this on? Considering I've been in agreement for his tax policies for a long time now? Now you are the one who is making stuff up. I challenge you find one thing I've sad bad about McCain on this site. I like McCain. I always have. When he was running against Bush last time I wanted him to win. So please stop making stuff up. :no:

Does this thread not count?

MasterPo or anyone, I need you to give me some reasons why I should stay a republican. Please provide me a list of what this administration has accomplished for the betterment of this country over the past 8 years? Then, a list of what we've given up or lost over the past 8 years. From where I sit, me and most others I know (it is a small group) have lost far more than gained.

I truly believe in the conservative ideals, but have lost my trust in those at the helm of those ideals. So, please help me regain that trust.

Great post!! :tu:

One of his most controversial statements was one in which, according to the initial Islamic Republic News Agency translation, he called for Israel to be "wiped off the map,"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahmoud_Ahmadinejad

The Actual Quote:

So what did Ahmadinejad actually say? To quote his exact words in Farsi:

"Imam ghoft een rezhim-e ishghalgar-e qods bayad az safheh-ye ruzgar mahv shavad."

That passage will mean nothing to most people, but one word might ring a bell: rezhim-e. It is the word "regime." pronounced just like the English word with an extra "eh" sound at the end. Ahmadinejad did not refer to Israel the country or Israel the land mass, but the Israeli regime. This is a vastly significant distinction, as one cannot wipe a regime off the map. Ahmadinejad does not even refer to Israel by name, he instead uses the specific phrase "rezhim-e ishghalgar-e qods" (regime occupying Jerusalem).

So this raises the question.. what exactly did he want "wiped from the map"? The answer is: nothing. That's because the word "map" was never used. The Persian word for map, "nagsheh" is not contained anywhere in his original Farsi quote, or, for that matter, anywhere in his entire speech. Nor was the western phrase "wipe out" ever said. Yet we are led to believe that Iran's president threatened to "wipe Israel off the map." despite never having uttered the words "map." "wipe out" or even "Israel."

The Proof:

The full quote translated directly to English:

"The Imam said this regime occupying Jerusalem must vanish from the page of time."

Word by word translation:

Imam (Khomeini) ghoft (said) een (this) rezhim-e (regime) ishghalgar-e (occupying) qods (Jerusalem) bayad (must) az safheh-ye ruzgar (from page of time) mahv shavad (vanish from).

There was that time, no, no nevermind. Well what about when they... guess that won't work either. I GOT ONE! Remember how Bush said that people and fish can peacefully coexist, the only species that he can peacefully coexist with. Surely that inspired confidence in the republican party?

Jesus Christ. Are we writing poetry here? If so, you certainly have the aesthetic look of it down.

... the most obvious answer is usually the right one....

I fail to see how either one of those answers is obvious?

...btw, can you really think of a HUNDRED reasons.......

Yeah. If I tried.

... no matter the reason..... many will think of it as arrogant....... not surprising though McCains stinks of it....

How so?

... how many times have we heard him say over and over that he's got all the Military experience to lead America into the future?......... his buddies, if he truely has any, must be sick

of listening to him repeat this......

He does have military experience. And I've heard more than once Obama refer to is Harvard Law review days.

WHAT Experience.... the guy's a flake at best.... sure his Daddy was a Navel Commander in the American Military during the Veitnam War .

John McCain was a commander in the American military during Vietnam.

... this man is hardly stable , never mind crippled, to lead anything...... he's a fake..... just ask the thousands of war veterans how they feel about this pathalogical lier.....

So, we've went to criticizing John McCain for not looking at Obama to calling him a phony with psychotic tendencies. Make a note: I'm not defending John McCain, although I like him. I'm simply saying it is foolish to criticize him for not looking at Obama.

So he can look people in the eyes? Yes when he came on he shook hands, and then never looked at him again until the debate was over? Did you even watch the debate?

McCain looking at Obama during the debate:

linked-image

Looks like you've been telling lies Whangarei.

So shut up until you know what you are talking about maybe

Maybe you should heed your own advice.

Does this thread not count?

This was my specific comment on this....

The moderator has asked no less than a million times for the candidates to address their comments to each other. On top of this Blinky McSmirky is lookin'likaliar in half the stuff he says. He wants to cut spending and help veterans....did I mention I'm a maverick??????? wash rinse repeat :o

53 minutes and not one direct gaze. He can't look him in the eye. He doesn't even acknowledge him! Holy CRAP!!!!! :angry:

Bad strategy big time. I bet you twenty bucks it will be in all the papers tomorrow!!!

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qi...27144126AAcKqOs

It seems insecure people and liars are famous for not looking people in the eye. Bad campaign move. Way to p*** off the black community for not even having the decency to look your black candidate in the face. That's really going to make people mad as hell. Mark my words. :no:

My point was this was bad strategy considering he wasn't saying anything new or compelling. It was the same crap we've heard over and over again. I said I think its a bad strategy because it appeared to me to be deliberate. Anyway you seem to just want to be mad at me for some reason so I'm not debating that. I do like McCain. I've said for a while aside from Palin I would be happy with either candidate if it came down to it. Most of that was because I thought of McCain as a man of character. But this tonite, changed that for me. :(

There was that time, no, no nevermind. Well what about when they... guess that won't work either. I GOT ONE! Remember how Bush said that people and fish can peacefully coexist, the only species that he can peacefully coexist with. Surely that inspired confidence in the republican party?

We have one. I love to fish. Is it a walleye?

McCain looking at Obama during the debate:

linked-image

Looks like you've been telling lies Whangarei.

Maybe you should heed your own advice.

What else is new.

We have one. I love to fish. Is it a walleye?

I adore fishing. Although, where I live, ya gotta go out in the Lake a bit to catch any walleye. I don't have a boat, so I just catch whatever bites near the shore. LOL. But I love walleye.

Anyone who is saying McCain looked at Obama in the debate did not watch the debate. Period. It was noticable and even George Stephanopoulos pointed out that he didn't. If there was a glance not captured by cameras then that's different. However it seems to me that all the yellers on here have said nothing about the actual debate at all. So I doubt they even watched it and are picking fights as a past time. Do any of you have anything to say about the actual debate? B)

Anyone who is saying McCain looked at Obama in the debate did not watch the debate.

Continues even after still pictures of McCain looking at Obama are produced. *sigh*

Period.

It was noticable and even George Stephanopoulos pointed out that he didn't.

WELL OMG IT MUST BE TRUE!

I too wish Bush was a far more conservative President than he was. But wishing won't change history.

I do believe it is not by mere chance or kindness of our enemies that we haven't been hit again by terrorists. All the talk of policies, taxes, conservative vs. liberal is a moot point if we aren't safe at home.

I do believe the tax cuts helped the nation significantly. I don't see how anyone can make a logical argument that money in a citizens pocket is a bad thing or that letting people keep what they earn is wrong. Never convince me otherwise.

And I do believe that the social policies of the Democrats/liberals will only result in higher taxes, greater size and spending of government, greater government intrusion and control in our daily lives, and will fail to achieve even a fraction of their lofty stated purposes. Not to mention make us less safe and secure as a nation.

Yes, I will say I wish Bush had done somethings and not done others. But a party - an principle - is far more than one man.

If you agree with me and believe in these and other conservative values you will see that, like it or not, the Republican party is still the only choice for those who hold to these kinds of principles.

That, sir, is why you should vote Republican.

Continues even after still pictures of McCain looking at Obama are produced. *sigh*

WELL OMG IT MUST BE TRUE!

Did you watch the debate?

I too wish Bush was a far more conservative President than he was. But wishing won't change history.

I do believe it is not by mere chance or kindness of our enemies that we haven't been hit again by terrorists. All the talk of policies, taxes, conservative vs. liberal is a moot point if we aren't safe at home.

I do believe the tax cuts helped the nation significantly. I don't see how anyone can make a logical argument that money in a citizens pocket is a bad thing or that letting people keep what they earn is wrong. Never convince me otherwise.

And I do believe that the social policies of the Democrats/liberals will only result in higher taxes, greater size and spending of government, greater government intrusion and control in our daily lives, and will fail to achieve even a fraction of their lofty stated purposes. Not to mention make us less safe and secure as a nation.

Yes, I will say I wish Bush had done somethings and not done others. But a party - an principle - is far more than one man.

If you agree with me and believe in these and other conservative values you will see that, like it or not, the Republican party is still the only choice for those who hold to these kinds of principles.

That, sir, is why you should vote Republican.

Just curious on your opinon. I've pointed out elsewhere that I think that Bush has been hit with a lot of things in office. Do you feel these are his doing? That he is responsible for the crappy handling of the problems? I mean Katrina and 911 are not his doing. And he's been hit with a lot, the war the economy. A lot of people seem to hold him responsible. Do you feel that if another man was in office, even another Republican that the US would not be in the state it is today? :unsure:

Did you watch the debate?

I don't see how relevant that is considering we've provided video evidence proving you're wrong, but yes, I did.

I don't see how relevant that is considering we've provided video evidence proving you're wrong, but yes, I did.

You did? Where is the video? And I guess you didn't watch the debate. Those that did know exactly what I'm talking about. Whether its a matter of concern is another point entirely. But it was very noticeable.