Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Anybody watching the debate? Thoughts?

Dixie-Girl

In which case, if McCain had objections to the format of the debate - including the changing of etiquette - he should have made those objections known before the debate took place rather than simply override the format as he saw fit. Such an attitude does not bode well when placed in a more delicate situation with leaders of foreign nations who might not be so forgiving of it.

Where does it say leadership is more potent is practiced without grace?

Exactly my point and why it bothered me. I'm glad someone understood it. :) In case we've missed it our country is going to hell in a hand basket right now and all those countries that have been snickering behind our backs are actually going to have to be dealt with. :ph34r: I noticed as well that Obama seems to understand this. :yes: He pointed out that we need to show the world where our priorities lie, with our children's education being one, and our turn to alternative energy sources as another. He clearly understands the delicate position we are in as a country right now. :tu:

McCain's whole demeanor in the debate suggested "ignore what I don't want to deal with" <_< which is what got out country into the mess it is in right now. And even if McCain does do this at every debate, the moderator asked him not to. And even if the moderator didn't asked him not to, it shows poor judgment. Many people turned into this debate that wouldn't have normally watched McCain in his other debates. When your opponent is black it doesn't look right, PC crap or not, :no: to completely dismiss him and ignore him during a debate. It looked bad. Some people seem to have a real difficulty in understanding the difference between what the candidate intended and how successfully that came across. :hmm: He failed in his intention to a lot of people. So admitting failure in a position of diplomacy at theses days in history doesn't "bode well" as Leonardo said.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Whangarei

• IrishAidan07

• BlindMessiah

• Omnaka

In which case, if McCain had objections to the format of the debate - including the changing of etiquette - he should have made those objections known before the debate took place rather than simply override the format as he saw fit. Such an attitude does not bode well when placed in a more delicate situation with leaders of foreign nations who might not be so forgiving of it.

Where does it say leadership is more potent is practiced without grace?

-snip-(for relevant section)

McCain's whole demeanor in the debate suggested "ignore what I don't want to deal with" <_< which is what got out country into the mess it is in right now. And even if McCain does do this at every debate, the moderator asked him not to. And even if the moderator didn't asked him not to, it shows poor judgment. Many people turned into this debate that wouldn't have normally watched McCain in his other debates. When your opponent is black it doesn't look right, PC crap or not, :no: to completely dismiss him and ignore him during a debate. It looked bad. Some people seem to have a real difficulty in understanding the difference between what the candidate intended and how successfully that came across. :hmm: He failed in his intention to a lot of people. So admitting failure in a position of diplomacy at theses days in history doesn't "bode well" as Leonardo said.

This is exactly what I was getting at a few post's back when I posted:

-snip-(for relevant section)

He still knew going in (and was reminded repeatedly) that the format of this debate was different yet he thinks himself too good to just show some flexibility and willingness to participate and not be seen as stand offish and rude (as he was). He should have refused the format before the debate took place with his 'I just don't look at anybody I'm debating' BS.

Actually, a debate is not just him 'addressing the American People' that would be a speech.

It was just bad judgment and action/behavior on John McCain's part. Period. Which he still seems to suffer from even tho he claimed to have 'learned his lesson' decades ago.

Wow, I just went through 8 pages of arguing over whether or not someone looked at someone else. Please, its tiring. Anways I think I can sum it up.

"We gotta cut spending. We gotta cut spending. We gotta cut spending. Earmarks are worse then the 10billion a month we lose in Iraq. Obama dosn't support the military. I got a braclet. Don't talk to countries. Mr.Obama just dosn't get it. Don't talk to countries. Mr.Obama just dosn't get it."

Yeah I missed the debate. And after 9 pages and a headache someone finally gives me a recap.

Thanks InHuman.

Not gonna call anyone out but..

All this cynical "all politicans are liars" stuff does its job of hurting the democratic proccess. Say what you need to, but offer another solution.

VOTE 3rd PARTY on October 14 08 (Canada)

VOTE 3rd PARTY November 4th 08 (USA)

" Your Vote is Your Voice " ..... its time to kill the Two Headed Snake

Not gonna call anyone out but..

All this cynical "all politicans are liars" stuff does its job of hurting the democratic proccess. Say what you need to, but offer another solution.

Tie em together at the wrist, in a cage match.

It would be way more interesting.

Love Omnaka

Yeah I missed the debate. And after 9 pages and a headache someone finally gives me a recap.

Thanks InHuman.

That was just mccains side. Obama used a whole bunch of big words like "dipomacy" and "education" that I couldn't wrap my head around. That elitest PUANK.

VOTE 3rd PARTY on October 14 08 (Canada)

VOTE 3rd PARTY November 4th 08 (USA)

" Your Vote is Your Voice " ..... its time to kill the Two Headed Snake

That's not the point. They are still politicans, which is what is being attacked.

Tie em together at the wrist, in a cage match.

It would be way more interesting.

Love Omnaka

So I said I wasn't gonna call anyone out, guess you're good on doing that yourself.

This is exactly what I was getting at a few post's back when I posted:

It was just bad judgment and action/behavior on John McCain's part. Period. Which he still seems to suffer from even tho he claimed to have 'learned his lesson' decades ago.

Oops sorry I missed that bit. Yes I agree with you. His judgment is what this brings into question. And that isn't some minor issue. Palin is another example of his judgment being called into question.

Palin is another example of his judgment being called into question.

And why would that be? (as if I didn't already surmize your answer)

Because she's not a very strong candidate. :lol: I know everyone will argue otherwise (funny how its only "spin" when the other guy does it) :P but seriously she's just not coming across very well. She's coming across as Bush with a bush. She stammers and seems incoherent. Her statements about Russian proximity could have, in the right person's mouth have conveyed a good point. Now if she proves me wrong during the debate then good on her. ;) I'm almost hoping that she will. She is, a good candidate in a lot of ways as VP but not as a VP to a president in deaths driveway. Its almost disrespectful of McCain to nominate someone with no foreign policy awareness at such a pivotal time in our history. But hey maybe the debate will prove me wrong. So far I wouldn't hire her as the manager of a department store, let alone the VP of our country. :no:

Been sick .... but now I finally get to reply and give my opinion in the debate.

I of course was thrilled by McCains answers especially his Foreign affairs issues and his tax plan ... but I have to give credit to Obama for sticking right with him. I think they both really did good with the debate and would call it a tie if looking for a winner.

But it comes down to (with me anyway) ... the issues at hand. McCain gave answers on Foreign affairs from years of experience and in depth knowledge. Obama gave good answers too, but you could tell it was text book answers. The tax plan that McCain has makes more sense to me. Tax breaks for business owners would creat more jobs, and believe me, as a business owner it really would. I see McCains tax plan as more long term and more stable.

As far as the economy crisis issues, they both putted around those questions, and I can understand why with no decisions being made yet.

Looking forward to the next debate and also the VP debate.