Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Increase your astral projection skills [merged]

darkbreed

To answer the last queston first, yes in my experience people influence eachother when living together and specially when we are talking about families who have very close bonds to eachother both on physical/biological, mental and spiritual planes - also like minded people tend to attract eachother which may have something to do with why you are together in the first place.

For the rest, I highly recommend you get the following books:

Energy Work by Robert Bruce

Astral Dynamics by Robert Bruce

www.astraldynamics.com is his website, and you can find his books and a lot of material there for free including large parts of his New Energy Ways system which is part of Astral Dynamics, and Energy Work is basically a new and updated version of that system that goes more in-depth. The books can also be found at amazon.com

For lucid dreaming, I recommend Stephen LaBerge's excellent book:

Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming ( http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=034...cidityinstitute )

LaBerge is the founder of The Lucidity Institute: http://www.lucidity.com/

I think these book may be of great interest and use to you specially considering you're already having experiences with both astral projections and lucid dreams, and these books are in my opinion the best I have found on both topics - as well as the energy work book which is excellent.

Regarding my own experiences, it is hard to say exactly how long it took me before I managed to stay out for longer periods, it's more than 15 years since I had my first self-initiated astral projection now, and that took me about 4 weeks of daily practice to get to. I was only out for a few seconds then, saw myself in bed, and was quickly back. Then it progressed as I practiced, think it took a couple more months before I managed to spend a significant time out (like half an hour).

Hope this can be helpful for you, and best of luck on your astral explorations!

-EA

thanks for the post darkbreed, its been very helpful for me. i used some of these techniques and i started to feel like my legs where being pull like along a train at times, and at others i felt like i was moving up and down. than i saw blue clouds encompass my body and it became stiff followed by sparks of light and it looked like i was moving through the black of my eyes and it was about to tear open. i also felt my right arm leave my body and it felt like my astral body was to the left of my physical. those are the strongest effects iv'e had besides the two times i involuntarily left my body. is it possible to spontanously astral project while awake with your eyes closed instantly without thinking about it? i was also wondering if smoking can help induce astral projection?

Edited by sincerely yours

To answer the last queston first, yes in my experience people influence eachother when living together and specially when we are talking about families who have very close bonds to eachother both on physical/biological, mental and spiritual planes - also like minded people tend to attract eachother which may have something to do with why you are together in the first place.

For the rest, I highly recommend you get the following books:

Energy Work by Robert Bruce

Astral Dynamics by Robert Bruce

www.astraldynamics.com is his website, and you can find his books and a lot of material there for free including large parts of his New Energy Ways system which is part of Astral Dynamics, and Energy Work is basically a new and updated version of that system that goes more in-depth. The books can also be found at amazon.com

For lucid dreaming, I recommend Stephen LaBerge's excellent book:

Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming ( http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=034...cidityinstitute )

LaBerge is the founder of The Lucidity Institute: http://www.lucidity.com/

I think these book may be of great interest and use to you specially considering you're already having experiences with both astral projections and lucid dreams, and these books are in my opinion the best I have found on both topics - as well as the energy work book which is excellent.

Regarding my own experiences, it is hard to say exactly how long it took me before I managed to stay out for longer periods, it's more than 15 years since I had my first self-initiated astral projection now, and that took me about 4 weeks of daily practice to get to. I was only out for a few seconds then, saw myself in bed, and was quickly back. Then it progressed as I practiced, think it took a couple more months before I managed to spend a significant time out (like half an hour).

Hope this can be helpful for you, and best of luck on your astral explorations!

-EA

great darkbreed.

i have ordered the books from amazon and i am checking out the websites!

thank you so much for your help.

THESE PRACTICES TO ASTRAL TRAVEL ARE RUBBISH- I call it Alcoholic

Hi breed, I’ve been silent a bit but I need to point out here that these people posting ‘I astral traveled’ from inducing are just being deceived by such practices OR its not same word as a description of my experiences that I earlier i told you to explain. I am amazed that people here are desperate to astral travel when I am finding a way to stop it. Astral travel, if it is ever the description of my own experiences is suppose to be totally a natural happenstance or people who are just gifted with it. It is a near death experience that some people go throw once in a lifetime while some people are just on it almost everyday.

This their talk about “my body was shaking” “I saw colors” “I felt I was floating” “my hand was lifting” is all baloney and can only pass for same as ‘delirium tremens’, a condition caused by alcoholism. It will be fair to be pointblank with these people than being diplomatic with them concerning a real spiritual travel you refer to as astral. If it is same with their practice of inducing that causes shaking , floating and what have you then it is never a travel “IN THE SPIRITUAL REALM”. When you are on earth with your 2 legs walking on the soil and your eyes wild open and going about your daily activity then you are on earth. When your body is lying on the bed and you are somewhere else with your 2 legs walking on the ground and your eyes wild open, sight seeing with full consciousness that you are somewhere sleeping then you have experienced ’astral travel’, anything aside this is far from it. When you are tired from all day work, sleep and see your self floating or whatever they described here then it is just a production of mental state which is definitely the same with these so-called practices people here are advised to in order to induce SAME ‘I am tired after all day work’ condition.

A spiritual travel or if it’s the astral travel as named here, in my own experience is: ‘BEING TAKEN OUT OF YOUR PHYSICAL BODY TO BECOME INVISIBLE HERE ON EARTH AND TO UNKNOWN WORLD/S WHERE YOU SEE MASTERS, MASTER OF MASTERS, PEOPLE WHO MEDITATE DAY AND NIGHT, PEOPLE WHO HAVE EITHER POSITIVE/NEGATIVE POWERS ON EARTH, WORSHIPERS OF GOD IN AN ENTIRELY DIFFERENT WORLD, PEOPLE IN GARMENT AND WRAPPERS WORN AS GARMENT WHO MIGHT BE DEAD PEOPLE ON EARTH, CREATURES THAT DON’T EXIST ANYWHERE ON EARTH, A WORLD YOU GO AND YOU ARE 100% CONSCIOUS THAT YOU HAVE A BODY IN ANOTHER WORLD CALLED EARTH, BEING TAKEN FROM YOUR BODY TO A PLACE ABOVE THE CLOUD, YOU FLYING LIKE A BIRD WHILE YOU WATCH EVERYTHING BENEATH WITH FULL CONSCIOUSNESS (all this happening while you are asleep).

‘My body is shaking, I saw colors, I felt I was floating- I have astral travel’ is all rubbish/deceit by mental conditions and never a spiritual travel or astral travel. I didn’t invent the word “ASTRAL” but am sure it is a replacement of ‘spiritual travel’.

5 days ago, my friend got sick and before the end of the day he was gone. The parents took him to the hospital and declared him dead, the doctor checked him and said he is still alive. He wasn’t even breathing so they thought he is dead but a doctor sure has other ways to know a dead person or not. For complete 24 + 10 hours my friend was in a state of comma, as good as dead since he could pass on from there. All that while he was somewhat dead on earth, he was in another world in the spiritual trying to pass through a door. He said one was on the left while another on the right. Massive doors with handles as big as pipes thus he has to use his 2 hands to hold the handle and was still bigger than his fist. None of the doors opened then he just stood there waiting and waiting and waiting, he saw no one and the place was a bit dark with no end in sight. So it was like placing 2 doors in a desert while you appear there at night. You can’t figure out or see a thing but the 2 doors just in front of you and somehow you don’t have full consciousness to check if there is a wall or not. So when my friend tried to look back again, he began to fall into empty endless space then he work up in the hospital. He started crying wondering where he was taken to. THAT IS WHAT YOU CAN CALL ‘A TRAVEL’ and not seeing colors or my body is shaking and so on.

I started telling him he was near death and revealed my experiences to him so he has nothing to worry about, he might never go there again but ask him to engage in these practices here- he will tell you it is far from the real thing.

Whoever is in charge of these deceitful practices, should find 2 different names for alcoholic(am shaking and see color people) and near death experiences.

WHO AM I?

THESE PRACTICES TO ASTRAL TRAVEL ARE RUBBISH- I call it Alcoholic

Hi breed, I’ve been silent a bit but I need to point out here that these people posting ‘I astral traveled’ from inducing are just being deceived by such practices OR its not same word as a description of my experiences that I earlier i told you to explain. I am amazed that people here are desperate to astral travel when I am finding a way to stop it. Astral travel, if it is ever the description of my own experiences is suppose to be totally a natural happenstance or people who are just gifted with it. It is a near death experience that some people go throw once in a lifetime while some people are just on it almost everyday.

This their talk about “my body was shaking” “I saw colors” “I felt I was floating” “my hand was lifting” is all baloney and can only pass for same as ‘delirium tremens’, a condition caused by alcoholism. It will be fair to be pointblank with these people than being diplomatic with them concerning a real spiritual travel you refer to as astral. If it is same with their practice of inducing that causes shaking , floating and what have you then it is never a travel “IN THE SPIRITUAL REALM”. When you are on earth with your 2 legs walking on the soil and your eyes wild open and going about your daily activity then you are on earth. When your body is lying on the bed and you are somewhere else with your 2 legs walking on the ground and your eyes wild open, sight seeing with full consciousness that you are somewhere sleeping then you have experienced ’astral travel’, anything aside this is far from it. When you are tired from all day work, sleep and see your self floating or whatever they described here then it is just a production of mental state which is definitely the same with these so-called practices people here are advised to in order to induce SAME ‘I am tired after all day work’ condition.

A spiritual travel or if it’s the astral travel as named here, in my own experience is: ‘BEING TAKEN OUT OF YOUR PHYSICAL BODY TO BECOME INVISIBLE HERE ON EARTH AND TO UNKNOWN WORLD/S WHERE YOU SEE MASTERS, MASTER OF MASTERS, PEOPLE WHO MEDITATE DAY AND NIGHT, PEOPLE WHO HAVE EITHER POSITIVE/NEGATIVE POWERS ON EARTH, WORSHIPERS OF GOD IN AN ENTIRELY DIFFERENT WORLD, PEOPLE IN GARMENT AND WRAPPERS WORN AS GARMENT WHO MIGHT BE DEAD PEOPLE ON EARTH, CREATURES THAT DON’T EXIST ANYWHERE ON EARTH, A WORLD YOU GO AND YOU ARE 100% CONSCIOUS THAT YOU HAVE A BODY IN ANOTHER WORLD CALLED EARTH, BEING TAKEN FROM YOUR BODY TO A PLACE ABOVE THE CLOUD, YOU FLYING LIKE A BIRD WHILE YOU WATCH EVERYTHING BENEATH WITH FULL CONSCIOUSNESS (all this happening while you are asleep).

‘My body is shaking, I saw colors, I felt I was floating- I have astral travel’ is all rubbish/deceit by mental conditions and never a spiritual travel or astral travel. I didn’t invent the word “ASTRAL” but am sure it is a replacement of ‘spiritual travel’.

5 days ago, my friend got sick and before the end of the day he was gone. The parents took him to the hospital and declared him dead, the doctor checked him and said he is still alive. He wasn’t even breathing so they thought he is dead but a doctor sure has other ways to know a dead person or not. For complete 24 + 10 hours my friend was in a state of comma, as good as dead since he could pass on from there. All that while he was somewhat dead on earth, he was in another world in the spiritual trying to pass through a door. He said one was on the left while another on the right. Massive doors with handles as big as pipes thus he has to use his 2 hands to hold the handle and was still bigger than his fist. None of the doors opened then he just stood there waiting and waiting and waiting, he saw no one and the place was a bit dark with no end in sight. So it was like placing 2 doors in a desert while you appear there at night. You can’t figure out or see a thing but the 2 doors just in front of you and somehow you don’t have full consciousness to check if there is a wall or not. So when my friend tried to look back again, he began to fall into empty endless space then he work up in the hospital. He started crying wondering where he was taken to. THAT IS WHAT YOU CAN CALL ‘A TRAVEL’ and not seeing colors or my body is shaking and so on.

I started telling him he was near death and revealed my experiences to him so he has nothing to worry about, he might never go there again but ask him to engage in these practices here- he will tell you it is far from the real thing.

Whoever is in charge of these deceitful practices, should find 2 different names for alcoholic(am shaking and see color people) and near death experiences.

WHO AM I?

:huh: Whats this all about WHO AM I ? I am confused by what u mean . Surely the people on UM are not alcoholics .(all of them) :hmm::huh:

WhoAmI: That's some strong views you come with there..

I have to disagree. Astral travel is a natural thing and can be learned. That's what this thread is all about. As far I see your own experiences, they are spontaneous astral projections, while other's in here are practicing self-induced astral projections. Both are possible and equally real.

So is the experience your friend had. That is the third way to astral project - near death experience. When you die, you will naturally release from the physical body and enter the astral planes (or spiritual realms if you want to call it that).

So, basically we have 3 methods then to experience astral projection:

1. By practice, like me and others here -

2. Spontaneously, like youself -

3. By death (or near death) as your friend.

Astral projection can be, and have been, verified to confirm that it is a real experience and not a "dream" as you seem to believe. Not sure why you think you have to be "chosen" to have a spiritual experience such as astral projection, and that you can not experience it by practice, considering we are ALL spiritual beings and astral projection is simply experiencing more of your true spiritual being.

Anyway, this thread is not about whether Astral Projection is real or not, or what your beliefs are regarding it or your religious beliefs in those regards. This thread is about how to learn to astral project by will, and how to increase the astral projection skills.

Calling us "alcoholics" and that these experiences are "rubbish" is rather rude and offensive, just for a moment think about what you said there - we could equally well say the same thing about YOUR experiences, that THEY are the ones that are not "real" and just "rubbish" , "dreams", etc. So be a bit careful where you're stepping and what words are coming out of your mouth and try be polite. I've been treating you and your experiences with respect and been polite through all our conversations, and done my best to assist and help you with your problems, so it would be appreciated if you would behave in a similar way.

With that said, I'm glad to offer any assistance I can with your experiences, but stay on topic in this thread - if you want to discuss unrelated matters make a thread on your own or PM me for that matter and I'll be more than happy to discuss your personal beliefs etc regarding the topic. But THIS thread is called "Increase your astral projection skills, Some useful tips that can help you out" and that's what it is about and should be about.

Thanks and best regards,

-EA

No problem, glad to be of help!

Hope you'll find the books helpful and useful :)

For me they've been of great insights and helped me a lot when it comes to astral projection and our energy bodies etc.

May you have great journeys ahead of you, and best wishes!

-EA

great darkbreed.

i have ordered the books from amazon and i am checking out the websites!

thank you so much for your help.

Glad you found it helpful :)

And your experience sounds quite common, it is the typical beginning stage of a separation, it sounds like you at a moment actually even did project completely as you found yourself to the left of your physical.

If it is possible to project while awake, the answer is: Yes it sure is. Actually that is one of the main points with astral projection exercises, to keep your mind awake and conscious as you project out of your physical body (which will normally be falling asleep). In other words, you can be and feel completely aware, conscious and awake while your body is sleeping. However, you do ask if it is possible to have a spontaneous projection from a waking state when closing the eyes, I'm a little uncertain about what you mean, if you mean a projection happening at the same moment you close your eyes from a normal waking state, that would be unusual, but I've heard of people whom have experienced such things. In an altered state of mind however it is more common, either this altered state of mind has happened by itself, by doing some exercises, or in some cases with some types of drugs. In the last case, with drugs, your mind is affected by an outside influence and causes different activities in your mind, brain and energy body than those that comes from a "natural" method. I assume the smoking you are referring to is not tobacco, but some mind altering drug, which would come under this form - and I do not recommend any sort of drugs to induce altered states of mind or astral projections. In fact I think that may cloud your vision, so to speak, and give you false experiences.

On the other hand, mind altering drugs have been used probably for as long people have existed, to induce various states of mind, whether that is of a "spiritual" sort or not. F.ex shamans are known for using psychedelic herbs to enter altered states where they can perceive and communicate with the spirit world among other things.

Some of them consider these herbs and plants very sacred, and it is part of their religious practice (such as native american indians and their use of peyote).

I just mention that as a curiosity and fact, but as said I do not recommend the use of any such substances myself, and this is not really the place to take up discussions about such matters either.

The bottom line is, we do not need any drugs to experience the divine or to astral project or have other spiritual experiences, we just need ourselves.

Best regards, and good luck!

-EA

thanks for the post darkbreed, its been very helpful for me. i used some of these techniques and i started to feel like my legs where being pull like along a train at times, and at others i felt like i was moving up and down. than i saw blue clouds encompass my body and it became stiff followed by sparks of light and it looked like i was moving through the black of my eyes and it was about to tear open. i also felt my right arm leave my body and it felt like my astral body was to the left of my physical. those are the strongest effects iv'e had besides the two times i involuntarily left my body. is it possible to spontanously astral project while awake with your eyes closed instantly without thinking about it? i was also wondering if smoking can help induce astral projection?

Hey

The best sugguestion I have that will help others are this method:

1) Do a progressive relaxing technique to calm and sooth your body by doing slow and deep breathes in and out.

2) Clear your mind, emotions or anything from negativity by visualizing white waves washing up and along your body.

3) You'll start to feel your body at ease and more at comfort.

4) Count visualize numbers 12 - 1 then don't visualize but count slowly 13-1. This will prepare your mind to enter Theta.

5) You can do the following of what Darkbred said-sorry if I got your name wrong, I'm not familiar with everyone here. Like the point in the room or self-sugguestions or growing larger.

The possiblities that you may have been having a hard time projecting are some things:

1) You're not calm, not relaxed due to stressful day and possibly temperture is either too hot, or too cold. Cool is better or possibly warm.

2) Not entered Theta but only entering in Alpha.

3) Possibly due to illness or if you have a cold or something.

Also when you start to prepare yourself the better chances of astral projecting. Also, you'll start to feel your body entering in those stages by tingly sensation, maybe popping noises, or noises within your room-these are normal so don't get all nuts and snap out of the projection.

Also the reason why you would snap back into the body is because possibly due to a jerk of the body, maybe a itch, or lost of focus.

I have a couple questions which is what happens when you fall asleep in the astral realm-does your astral body snap back or does it wonder where you were or do anything bizerk in that place you visited.

Also, say if you projected to another person-would they be able to feel you or see you in their dreams or head? Also, what if they touched you will you be able to feel it?

Thanks!

I just thought I would share my experiences thus far. I manged to get a strange tingling all over my body, it was in my legs and arms first and then it spread. i found it hardest to get the feeling in my torso. Anyway i then noticed that i cudnt really move, its hard to explain. I think maybe i was aware that my body was asleep but it felt like something was trying to get out but blocked by the walls of my body. as i REALLY focused on leaving my body i began to breath REALLY deeply and this kind of scared me, it felt like i was out of breath almost. At the same time i felt a kind of warmth in my chest, kind of felt like i was lifting aswell. I don't really know how to describe it. I hope these are all signs of the beginnings of projection.... .

When i was very tired i lay down and went to sleep as usual but jst i was drifting off i thought of projection. Then out nowhere as if i had been asleep and then woken up violently i got a huge bump, ive never felt anything like it.... .

Im not sure where im going wrong, i find it very hard to relax my body though. how should one lie?

One thing i would say is that its a real shame that people dont try this out. when i told my friends most of them just laughed at me. my parents dont think its possible either... . Its very disheartening actualy and i havnt been successful at all this week probably due to that.... .

Any thoughts would be much appreciated

When i was very tired i lay down and went to sleep as usual but jst i was drifting off i thought of projection. Then out nowhere as if i had been asleep and then woken up violently i got a huge bump, ive never felt anything like it.... .

I have projected myself only once and it was completely involuntary. I still don't understand how it happened lol. A few days ago I tried to project again and I did start getting some vibrations but I did get a similiar jolt like you but it wasnt a simple jolt. It was like electricity went through my left leg which completely jerked it and snapped me out of my attempt. Still don't know what causes it.

Edited by raoulduke666

Astral Punk:

Some good suggestions there as well as some points I had forgotten to mention myself earlier. The 3 reasons you list regarding problems getting out fits with my own experience. When it comes to cold and heat, I've noticed it seems to me easier to project when the temperature is somewhat cool, and i also dream more in colder temperature. And yes problems like stress or illnesses can also be a barrier when it comes to projecting, though it can be done in such situations too but is probably easier for someone who've got a chronic illness then someone who suddenly get ill (depending of type of illness of course, and some illnesses can even induce OBEs, like high fever etc) - meaning that a person with a chronic illness is used to his problem while a person who suffer a sudden illness is not used to be in that state and that can make it different to project during the illness. When it comes to your questions, yes from my experience it is possible to enter other peoples dreams and make them aware of you there, in some cases even assist them to project, but most often they will at least have had a dream about you after which they may tell you about - or you can ask them and see if they remember anything. Feeling the touch is also possible as it is the astral bodies "touching" eachother, and thus the other person may feel that as a physical touch, just like you can feel other objects as solid and physical when touching them in the astral realm. Personally I often get assistance to get out, and in these experiences I can feel someone grab my hands and pull me out - and it feels as real as physical touch.

jcmulli:

What you describe sounds like typical sensations before projecting. These are common when you are just about to project. Also, noticing yourself breathing heavily is most likely just because your physical body is asleep while your mind is awake so you notice what you normally would not. For example, once I was in a state close to projection but didn't get out, and suddenly i heard this very heavy breathing and strange sound, and I got a bit scared as I thought it was "someone" else there - but after some moments I found out it was just my physically body sleeping very deeply and snoring like heck lol. Waking up violently like you describe may be either because you were just about to project, or you just came back from a projection. It may be you've been projecting without being aware of it, just like we dream every night but often are not aware of it and remember nothing. That is one of the reason I recommend keeping a dream and astral projection diary as I've described earlier in this thread - very useful to train your dream memory, or astral memory, to call it that (astral/dream recall). Regarding how to lie, I personally find it most useful to lie on my back and be completely still as any movement gets me out of the state I need to be in. For me being completely still and deeply relaxed on my back after doing some meditation and relaxation exercises (read back , have posted info on this too in previous posts in this thread) works best. Don't worry about what other people believe, you know it's real anyway and that's all that matters - their loss if they don't want to try, and some things are often better not talking about too. I never start talking about this to people whom I don't know or someone that I have not seen any interest of the occult or spiritual in, I try to follow my intuition regarding whom I share my experiences with and that usually works well as the ones I do talk about it with always find it interesting and want to learn more about it.

raolduke666:

Your experience too sounds like a very common experience, I usually feel the "electric" or tingling sort of sensation myself and often deeper vibrations, most commonly I find my body turning all "numb". I suppose it is energy moving within you that causes the effects you mention, and sometimes it can cause your limbs to "jump" or "jerk", just like when you are about to fall asleep normally - this is something that is common for most people as they enter sleep. All I can recommend is that you keep on practicing, do meditations and relaxations exercises, visualizations etc.

Good luck to all =)

Regards,

-EA

Ok, this may be a dumb question, but does it matter what position your body is in? If I'm laying down, should I be on my back, or does it matter?

When I was 17, I worked with a gal who told me about an astral projection technique. She told me to sit in front of a mirror, close my eyes and visualize the top of my head opening. So does it matter if you're sitting or laying down?

BTW, the exercise I tried at 17 didn't work, because my little brother walked in on me and asked me what I was doing. When I told him (and to tease him because he is my little brother), I warned him not to move my body while I was gone, or I wouldn't be able to find my way back. He was only 8 years old and this freaked him out. Needless to say, this little trick worked against me as his concern was so great, I was not able to continue. I never really tried it that way again.

I think this question has already been answered before here, but to say it again: No, the position do not seem to have significant affect on the ability to project, though different people find different positions better than others. Some are only able to project by laying sideways, others only on the belly, and as in my case I prefer laying down on my back. It's quite possible to sit and project as well, though that is more common in Remote Viewing.

Heck I've even heard of people experiencing spontaneous projections while driving their cars! lol.

Anyway my suggestion is to find a position that you find comfortable and feeling right for you personally and work from there on.

Best wishes and good luck,

-EA

Yeah getting bigger is also a method I've heard people use. It is interesting to not that when you are in the astral realms, you can actually manipulate your size, or the size of any part of your body (no naughty ideas now kids ;) ) and expand yourself in any direction. So it does makes sense, if you are able to feel and visualize yourself growing bigger until you're expanded out in the room, and even further if you want as Equaly Infintite does by expanding himself all the way out to the universe.

Good tip, and please feel free to add suggestions anyone who have other successful methods they are using, as one person once said (can't remember the name) there is as many methods as there is people out there on how to astral project.

So keep up the good work and just practice various methods until you find one that "clicks" for you - it may be one of your own that you never read about anywhere! If so please do share it:)

Best wishes,

Edward Alexander

great thread, thanks Edward. one thing though, imagining myself bigger is pretty much the only thing that works for me. trouble is, and this sounds silly, but alot of the time i cant seam to leave the room becuase i get stuck due to my size. i feel like i fill the room. i know this is because of the contradiction between the astral/physical, and i'm sure my mindset is such i'm undermining myself. but i can't shake it. any suggestions?

Hm tough one as I never use that method myself, but perhaps you can try focus on the outside of your room, like your neighbourhood, and try visualize and imagine how it would be to be there. That's what I do when I get stuck when trying to go through walls or closed doors/windows etc - I focus on whats beyond them and imagine myself there and then usually I instantly find myself on the other side of the obstacle.

Or once you've expand yourself you could try decrease yourself to a different part of the room until you reach "normal" size with your astral body, and then try go on from there.

Best of luck

-EA

Hm tough one as I never use that method myself, but perhaps you can try focus on the outside of your room, like your neighbourhood, and try visualize and imagine how it would be to be there. That's what I do when I get stuck when trying to go through walls or closed doors/windows etc - I focus on whats beyond them and imagine myself there and then usually I instantly find myself on the other side of the obstacle.

Or once you've expand yourself you could try decrease yourself to a different part of the room until you reach "normal" size with your astral body, and then try go on from there.

Best of luck

-EA

That's ace. i think shrinking myself down again if i'm too large is the best way to go, the windows are real small. will be trying in the morning - and of course feedback if it's a success.

Hmm...Darkbreed, I have a question. Sorry if it's been asked before:

I was reading a thread in which the OP described the universe as being infinite, and the worlds in it being infinite. Now, let's say I want to astral project to an "imaginary" world, not lucid dreaming, but astral projection. If the universe is truly infinite, then that must mean that somewhere out there, a world like that fictional universe must exist, right? So you should be able to project there. I dunno, just been wondering that for a while now...

I was reading a thread in which the OP described the universe as being infinite, and the worlds in it being infinite. Now, let's say I want to astral project to an "imaginary" world, not lucid dreaming, but astral projection. If the universe is truly infinite, then that must mean that somewhere out there, a world like that fictional universe must exist, right? So you should be able to project there. I dunno, just been wondering that for a while now...

I don't think that is strictly true. The Universe is infinite, but the world you are imagining is also made up of an infinite number of variables. There is a rather elaborate proof that the only number greater than infinity is infinity powered to infinity (my maths lecturer explained this to me 10 years ago so i'm sorry i cant explain it to you now, any better mathematicians here might be able to though?) - which I think applies here and explains the seemingly infinite, but actual finite number of possibilities of worlds in the Universe.

How far have you Projected though? have you reached Mars? there are so many amazing places to see before you worry about new worlds!

6. Body awareness

In this methods, you try send your awareness out of your body and move it around in different ways etc.. For example, you lie in your bed, and imagine and feel yourself floating out to the right all the way to the wall, then bounce back into your body, through your body, and out on the left side and to the wall on left of you. Then send awareness back again through your body to the right wall etc, just continue doing this for a while, sending your awareness back and forth from right to left, trying to really feel yourself being at those places and feeling yourself floating through your body and out on the other side. After having done this for several minutes, move on to trying to imagine and feel yourself bouncing up and down instead, like sending your awareness up from your body and up to the ceiling, then back down through your body and down to the ground. Repeat this too for a while, and move on to another part: Back and Forth, this means try to feel yourself floating out of your feet and feel your awareness outside your body moving down to the wall by the end of your feet, then move back up through your body and out of your head to the wall at end of your head (if your head, or any other side of your body, is placed directly towards a wall, just imagine yoursel floating through that wall some meters)

Then try to imagine yourself on gentle ocean waves, floating up and down, rocking your body softly up and down, from side to side, back and forth etc. Try to really feel how it would be to lie floating on ocean waves being moved around. You should start feeling your body moving up and down etc just like you actually were on waves. At any point you feel like it you may try to project out of your body.

This method alone can be enough to get you out, but it is also a "loosening" method that makes you aware of your astral body, and makes it more loose and disconnected from your physical body, so actually this method can be something you start with to loosen yourself up from your physical, and then you can do any other astral projection method after it to increase the effects and be more sure to have an astral projection.

that's scary....... *shivers* :o

I don't think that is strictly true. The Universe is infinite, but the world you are imagining is also made up of an infinite number of variables. There is a rather elaborate proof that the only number greater than infinity is infinity powered to infinity (my maths lecturer explained this to me 10 years ago so i'm sorry i cant explain it to you now, any better mathematicians here might be able to though?) - which I think applies here and explains the seemingly infinite, but actual finite number of possibilities of worlds in the Universe.

How far have you Projected though? have you reached Mars? there are so many amazing places to see before you worry about new worlds!

I never did project, I just thought it might've been interesting to try.

From my experience it is, if not infinite, at least close to that, and millions and billions of different worlds, realms, dimensions and various planes exist out there. Actually I'd go and say it IS infinite, as you bring up the imaginary world thing, which means a self-created world if I understand you correctly. You can project to any kind of realm you want to create really, I've created my own worlds several times and that on its own is quite interesting and rewarding, not to say exciting.

I've also projected to other planets and galaxies in the physical universe, to other astral planes, of all sorts, spirit worlds where the dead live, and other planes where non-physical entities live that has never had a physical body, and other realms and planes of all kind of strange variations. The rabbit hole goes pretty darn deep when it comes to astral projection and what you can discover.

-EA

Ones who understand the true nature of this experiment between good and evil, understand that astral projection limits your learning experince we are supposed to be in the dark it's what we choose to have happen on the collective scale, people who astrally project may be setting of the equillbrum needed to be maintained, or perhaps in this new age its the opposite and the ones who are doing so are keeping the balance. Either way its more exiting not to peer into the looking glass and more frustrating. If one truly wants to test them selves take the dark minded path of drugs, even though it leaves the ones who cant handle it left lost in a sea of lies and truths. Few can descern and restate the truth from the darkness, for those who have gone down the rabbit hole and climbed out know what lies at both sides of the spectrum. Everything is truly going to be good, just believe and it shall be so.

That was one of the silliest things I've heard in a while.

But thanks for your "input" though. And no I would certainly not recommend anyone to get involved with the "path of drugs" instead of the path of enlightenment and self-understanding. But if you want to do that fine for me, I think I can see where you're coming from and I doubt this is the right thread for you to be in as this is for people who practice astral projection and want to learn how to increase their skills which in turn help people get closer to themselves and God as I see it.

If you want to start some kind of "anti-astral projection" thing I suggest you start your own thread as this is not the place for that.

Good luck and cheers,

-EA

• 2 weeks later...

Felt abit strange though. I have a few questions.

1) Spirit guides know how to speak in English?

2) I normally be able to experience near-projection when I was closing my eyes in a way that I do not know how to explain. But before I close my eyes I always say the followings:

"I'm going to Astral Travel, I'm going to leave my body."

"I ask for help from Spirit Guides and Guardian Angels to get me out of my body please!"

How close am I to projecting?

3) And then when I was closing my eyes my mind will have a kind of buzzing sound or some high frequency noise for a few seconds.

What's this? I don't hear people calling my name or popping or rushing sounds.

4) Is it possible for Astral Travellers to "pull" you out when you're about to project?

Thanks.