Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is Obama Qualified

Caesar

A man that has spent most of his time being a community organizer then Illinois Senate from 1997 to 2004 where Obama used present votes 129 times over eight years. one of every 31 votes in his legislative career. then U.S. Senator, from 2005 till today. most of his U.S. Senate time was spent running for president well in 143 days in the Senate and decides to run for office.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Caesar

• MasterPo

• SQLserver

• AROCES

Before was can say if he or anyone is "qualified" can we agree on what it takes to be "qualified"?

If the office of the President is an executive level position like a CEO then what would you want to see on the resume of a CEO candidate?

True but if they both from congress then the one thats been thier the longest wins. but Palin is the only one that has executive experience, business owner, governer and mayor.

True but if they both from congress then the one thats been thier the longest wins. but Palin is the only one that has executive experience, business owner, governer and mayor.

but she isn't, her interviews are pathetic, she has MUCH less understanding about the economy, foreign policy and other things than either Obama or McCain.

I agree.

By "executive experience" we (me and I presume you) mean that the candidate has been the #1 top buck-stops-here person of an organization and not just on a committee.

Now in truth neither Obama nor McCain has been in that roll.

So let's dig deeper.

McCain does have military experience as an officer. Officers are in charge of groups of junior ranking persons. The officer is responsible and accountable for the group, the success or failure, and the very lives of the group. And he had to answer to more senior people who could discipline him if he failed.

IMO that counts a lot.

Whereas Obama has never been the #1 person of any organizations, never had to answer to someone above him, and certainly was never in a position where he had to perform as promised or loose his job.

but she isn't,

Palin is not the Gov of Alaska? She wasn't a Mayor or a business owner/operator?

When did this happen?

He is qualified to run for the Democrat ticket, but not as President. :D

What was that about.. pot shots?

but she isn't, her interviews are pathetic, she has MUCH less understanding about the economy, foreign policy and other things than either Obama or McCain.

The economy of Alaska isn't bad, Obama has just as much foreign policy as she does. she has had something like 3 interviews that the media tries to nail her like whats the Bush doctrin ect

Obama is said to be qualified because of his community organization experience.

Where is it documented all the projects he proposed, started and completed as a CO?

WHat was the out come of the projects?

How many people's lives were made better by the projects?

How many people were elevated out of poverty or drugs or crime who otherwise wouldn't have been if not for his projects?

What's his track record on that?

I agree.

By "executive experience" we (me and I presume you) mean that the candidate has been the #1 top buck-stops-here person of an organization and not just on a committee.

So let's dig deeper.

McCain does have military experience as an officer. Officers are in charge of groups of junior ranking persons. The officer is responsible and accountable for the group, the success or failure, and the very lives of the group. And he had to answer to more senior people who could discipline him if he failed.

IMO that counts a lot.

Whereas Obama has never been the #1 person of any organizations, never had to answer to someone above him, and certainly was never in a position where he had to perform as promised or loose his job.

I was in the military and I can see you point of view. in fact many officers have made great ceo's I think in 2001 almost half of the top 100 companies had former officers and most were Marines

"Qualifications" is not exactly among his stronger suits.

Not even in the closet actually.

Not sure where those are... Maybe down in the basement back among the boxes you never get to.

What is the appeal there, anyway?

Novelty? Hatred of all things Republican? (Easily among the worst reasons to vote for someone)

I'm thinkin here... I'm tryin...

Why would anyone follow such a caricature of do-nothing emptiness, failed leftist ideology and wishy-washy weakness?

Lemme get back to you on that.

Let's look at it like this:

Obama is a Junior Senator.

Would a Junior Accountant or Lawyer or Financier or Manager be qualified to be CEO of a major company? Sure he can apply but is he qualified?

I once read that GE takes 20 years to groom an executive-level person.

Let's look at it like this:

Obama is a Junior Senator.

Would a Junior Accountant or Lawyer or Financier or Manager be qualified to be CEO of a major company? Sure he can apply but is he qualified?

I once read that GE takes 20 years to groom an executive-level person.

When it comes to politics, being a good speaker is a big plus.

And Obama is very good in prepared speeches. That propelled him over Hillary but now comes the time when policies are over speeches.

Edited by AROCES

A man that has spent most of his time being a community organizer...

He spent only 3 years in his twenties as a community organizer. Get over it.

He spent only 3 years in his twenties as a community organizer. Get over it.

Why are you so upset. I'm just stating his experience to the U.M. community free of charge

Maybe a community organizer is what we need. The politicians haven't done anything. Maybe we need a non-politico, or one with little political experience, like Obama, to clean things up. Ever consider that? What the hell is McCain going to do? He's done the same old **** for nearly 30 years. He always talks about cutting spending. WTF is that? Does my neighbor who can't feed his kids give a flying **** what the federal government spends? No. Why? because they aren't helping him. McCain and his federal funding freeze will be nothing but a disaster.

Edited by IrishLexie

Maybe a community organizer is what we need. The politicians haven't done anything. Maybe we need a non-politico, or one with little political experience, like Obama, to clean things up. Ever consider that? What the hell is McCain going to do? He's done the same old **** for nearly 30 years. He always talks about cutting spending. WTF is that? Does my neighbor who can't feed his kids give a flying **** what the federal government spends? No. Why? because they aren't helping him. McCain and his federal funding freeze will be nothing but a disaster.

I had the same idea but with Palin

But Palin is and would be too easily controlled. Just look at whats she's gotten herself into now with the debates/interviews and such.

Same thing happened with Mccain. Altho those great stands and views he had in 2000 have flopped to whatever the stronger group in the rebublican party want..

I agree.

Obama was President of the Harvard Law Review, and both Obama and McCain have had some serious executive experience involved in the running of their political campaigns for the Presidency.

So let's dig deeper.

That hardly counts as relevant executive experience, since at McCain's rank when he was in the Navy, he played no part in the development or implementation of any serious strategic-level planning. Maybe if he had been an admiral instead of merely a pilot.

That hardly counts as relevant executive experience, since at McCain's rank when he was in the Navy, he played no part in the development or implementation of any serious strategic-level planning. Maybe if he had been an admiral instead of merely a pilot.

True, and one has to also consider that all active service ranks as pilots are officer ranks (as far as I know. Please correct me if I'm wrong about that). That rank in itself carries no direct leadership role but is historically assigned as the pilot is the 'captain' of the aircraft they fly.

If McCain had been a bomber pilot I would accept he has that military experience at team leadership (although he probably participated in exercises in which he was expected to have some form of leadership role), but he chose to fly fighters.

Edited by Leonardo

Yup, and feel free to reply.

Just sayin' man. You're pot's pretty black there.

In my opinion no one amongst the people running is really qualified for the top position.