Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UM US Presidential Election

Splodgenessabounds

UM US Presidential Election  

37 members have voted

1. 1. UM US Presidential Election

• Barack Obama (Democrat)
    • John McCain (Republican)
    • Bob Barr (Libertarian)
    • Chuck Baldwin (Constitution)
    • Cynthia McKinney (Green)
    • Ralph Nadar (Independent)

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BlindMessiah

• MasterPo

• Splodgenessabounds

• Mr  Honeybadger

McCain.

It really does not matter who wins, we are all going to be in a Recession anyway.

It is much more important who wins in the US Senate and US House of Reps. That will decide what the country does for the next 4 years.

McCain.

It really does not matter who wins, we are all going to be in a Recession anyway.

It is much more important who wins in the US Senate and US House of Reps. That will decide what the country does for the next 4 years.

Does it? Republicans and democrats both had their turn in control and screwed things up in the last eight years.

Does it? Republicans and democrats both had their turn in control and screwed things up in the last eight years.

I agree. I'm ready to elect Dennis Kucinich as the Supreme Dictator of America, with Ron Paul as his vice. I don't agree with Paul on his policies, but those seem to be the only congressmen who you can trust, and they have the balls to fight against the establishment and their own parties.

Edited by sqlserver

I agree. I'm ready to elect Dennis Kucinich as the Supreme Dictator of America, with Ron Paul as his vice. I don't agree with Paul on his policies, but those seem to be the only congressmen who you can trust, and they have the balls to fight against the establishment and their own parties.

I agree, only, I like Paul's policies, so it's an easy jump for me.

Sure. It is the Legislative Branch that actually writes the laws and gets things done. The President mostly huffs and puffs, but if the Congress is against him he'll get little done. The Congress on the other hand can enact laws without the President. So, a Democrat landslide in Congress, like is predicted, will definately shape the future of the US.

I'm voting for John McCain. And I voted for him in the poll.

:/

I agree, only, I like Paul's policies, so it's an easy jump for me.

*shudders*.

I accept Ron Paul only because he's been honest throughout his career, and he's told it as it is many times. I like his foreign policy.

That ends there. I can't stand his positions on internal policies. Wouldn't want him near the white house at all!

He'd make the cut into my "dream administration" only because of the above. I would certainly make sure he would in no way influence our social policies, though.

Kucinich is like a Liberal Ron Paul. Hence, I like him a heck of a lot more.

Just so everyone knows, I voted for Obama above.

Don't misunderstand me: I would never "write in" or vote 3rd party in this election. The way I see it, a vote for 3rd party is a vote for McCain. Sorry folks, but at this point, voting 3rd party is throwing a vote away: The 2 party system has a grip on America, and a few more votes for 3rd party isn't going to help anything in this election.

I'm not saying there isn't a time to rise up and break the 2 party system, but it sure as heck isn't now.

Now we've got to keep the Republicans OUT of the white house, and the ONLY thing that will do that is a vote for Obama.

-SQLserver

*shudders*.

I accept Ron Paul only because he's been honest throughout his career, and he's told it as it is many times. I like his foreign policy.

That ends there. I can't stand his positions on internal policies. Wouldn't want him near the white house at all!

He'd make the cut into my "dream administration" only because of the above. I would certainly make sure he would in no way influence our social policies, though.

Kucinich is like a Liberal Ron Paul. Hence, I like him a heck of a lot more

Well, most of your political ideas make me *shudder*. As for Ron Paul, which policies of his don't you like? I don't agree with him on everything. Did you read his platform? Wikipedia has a fairly extensive article title. Here it is for anyone who wants a read.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_positions_of_Ron_Paul

McCain.

To the former, Obama has promised to raise taxes. Not a good move in a recession.

To the latter, recent events doesn't seem like either body can get it's act together.

To the former, Obama has promised to raise taxes. Not a good move in a recession.

LALALALALALALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU!

Well, most of your political ideas make me *shudder*.

Yes, yes, that's what most Americans say.

As for Ron Paul, which policies of his don't you like? I don't agree with him on everything. Did you read his platform? Wikipedia has a fairly extensive article title. Here it is for anyone who wants a read.

Unfortunately, my main issue with Paul is that he thinks that two things will solve all our problems:

A. Capitalism.

B. Local and State Governments.

And, you see, I think that those are the problem.

Edited by sqlserver

Unfortunately, my main issue with Paul is that he thinks that two things will solve all our problems:

A. Capitalism.

B. Local and State Governments.

And, you see, I think that those are the problem.

No, he thinks that abolishing the federal reserve, removing the income tax, balancing the budget, withdrawing our troops from all these wars that have nothing to do with us, force the government to follow the constitution, will solve all our problems.

It's funny. Last week there was a poll on here with all the candidates including Ron Paul, Obama had 15, McCain had 15, Ron Paul had 15, and Nader had 2. Compared to this poll without Paul.

Can I vote even though I'm not american? or will it distort the result too much?

Anyone can vote

Ditto on that.

Is Ron Paul a candidate? If so I apologise for overlooking him, I've also missed a few other candidates . Bugger.

Edited by Splodgenessabounds

Is Ron Paul a candidate? If so I apologise for overlooking him, I've also missed a few other candidates . Bugger.

No, but he'll probably get a lot of write in votes.

Please, let the Ron Paul thing go already. :no:

I'm sorry. I forgot you were appointed by UM to only support candidates you allow us to. I'm gonna go ahead and post it for the moderators since they haven't had time yet.

---

Forum Guidelines

When posting on this board:

Do: Always include a source link to properly credit where a news story is from. Not doing so constitutes plagiarism.

Do not: Copy and paste an entire article or news story, quote only as much as is necessary.

Do not: Post propaganda, smear or hate pieces about political figures or candidates.

Do not: Post polls or petitions asking members to vote for any given candidate.

Do not: Support candidates MasterPo does not approve of.

---

So if any moderators read this, please don't ban me, since you hadn't posted the new rule yet. My sincerest apologies.

Do not: Support candidates MasterPo does not approve of.

If it were just that way the world would be sooooo much better off! ;)

I don't care about Ron Paul one way or another in this election.

But, as I've said time and time again, the next President on 11/5 will be either McCain or Obama. Ron Paul and anyone else doesn't have a prayer in this election or the next for that matter.

You can vote for whomever you wish. That's your freedom. But realize the next President will be one of the two. So please don't spend the next 4 years crying about it.

If it were just that way the world would be sooooo much better off! ;)

Yes if we all worshiped MasterPo as our god we'd all be safe.

I don't care about Ron Paul one way or another in this election.

I don't remotely care.

But, as I've said time and time again, the next President on 11/5 will be either McCain or Obama. Ron Paul and anyone else doesn't have a prayer in this election or the next for that matter.

Wrong. It is possible for Biden, Palin, Romney, or Clinton to be sworn in as president.

You can vote for whomever you wish. That's your freedom. But realize the next President will be one of the two. So please don't spend the next 4 years crying about it.

Actually I can't vote for anyone. I don't recognize that the next president will be one of the two. I believe Obama or McCain will be the next president but it isn't a fact. I should cry just to p*** you off.