Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Great Abomination

BlindMessiah

VP Debate  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the debate?

• Palin
    • Biden
    • Neither
  2. 2. Will they have a major gaffe?

• Palin
    • Biden
    • Both

Who else is looking forward to this presidential bombshell known by the world as the "VP debate." My prediction, Obama and McCain poll numbers plummet to 0% out of sheer terror of either VP getting into office. So, I figure if I write my name in, I'll get more votes. :tu:

In all honesty, though, how does everyone thinks this will go?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BlindMessiah

• SoCrazes

• IrishAidan07

• Rosewin

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest, I don't have a clue how it will go. Palin could surprise the hell out of everyone and just whomp Joe Biden. Or Biden could whomp her. I don't know. I do think, however, given both their penchants for stupidity, it'll be interesting and, undoubtedly, hilarious to watch.

If Biden wins, it won't be because of his intelligence. It'll be because the Democrats are, in my view, right on the economy, the war, health care, et cetera... I rather think an ape could argue the Democratic platform and come out on top, regardless of who he was debating.

To be honest, I don't have a clue how it will go. Palin could surprise the hell out of everyone and just whomp Joe Biden. Or Biden could whomp her. I don't know. I do think, however, given both their penchants for stupidity, it'll be interesting and, undoubtedly, hilarious to watch.

Irish took my thoughts!

Well I think Biden will win, but both will have huge gaffes.

We need some odds or an over/under on the number of gaffes between the two? We need a working definition of gaffe. How long is the debate (I'm projecting a gaffe every 90 seconds.)?

I read there will be less time for the VP's (than the Presidential debate) to reply to the moderators questions and discuss each others answers. Also there will be no guidelines as to subjects allowing questions about foreign and domestic matters. This should be one for the books... :mellow:

Is McCain ACTUALLY going to let Palin speak? He's done a pretty good job keeping her safe from all those mean reporters who keep asking her all those questions.

Edited by CommieX

Is McCain ACTUALLY going to let Palin speak? He's done a pretty good job keeping her safe from all those mean reporters who keep asking her all those questions.

I'm sure Biden will be demonized if he attacks her.

Biden will win, but not before saying something like..

.... as documented by Richard Darwin in 1600.BC Israel, black people DON'T.. and I repeat.. DON'T like CHEESE! It's a cornerstone of our economy and they WILL HAVE NONE OF IT! It's truley a miracle when in 19th centuary america....

I'd love to see Biden refer to Palin as "Sarah" during the debates, to which she would lower her glasses, look over the rim, and say "That's Govenour to you Senator." :rofl:

Edited by MasterPo

I'm sure Biden will be demonized if he attacks her.

Because heavens forbid their precious show poodle be questioned...

Well I think Biden will win, but both will have huge gaffes.

I agree. I'm going to guess they will have 3 gaffes each. 2 big ones and a smaller one for Biden, because he just can't help himself and 1 big one and 2 smaller ones for Palin, because she's just clueless. :P

I agree. I'm going to guess they will have 3 gaffes each. 2 big ones and a smaller one for Biden, because he just can't help himself and 1 big one and 2 smaller ones for Palin, because she's just clueless. :P

Only three? Way too much credit for those crazy kids. :P

Biden will behave himself, demonstrate his encyclopedic knowledge of the issues and the Obama fans will be disappointed that he was so polite with Governor McGuffin. Palin will demonstrate no knowledge whatsoever, but she'll manage to score some laughs with a couple of catchy, snarky one-liners and her base will declare her the winner because of it. Oh, and McCain will drop another 5 points in the polls heading into his second debate.

Edited by HKCavalier

Biden will behave himself, demonstrate his encyclopedic knowledge of the issues and the Obama fans will be disappointed that he was so polite with Governor McGuffin.

Provided his helicopter isn't downed by enemy action..................

Who else thinks this is nothing more than a media gimmick to take our minds of more important issues? But since we live in a mediaocracy I guess they decide who runs and wins the elections now. I am boycotting the debates unfortunately I will not be able to escape the sound bytes.

Who else thinks this is nothing more than a media gimmick to take our minds of more important issues? But since we live in a mediaocracy I guess they decide who runs and wins the elections now. I am boycotting the debates unfortunately I will not be able to escape the sound bytes.

I guess I don't know what you mean, Rosewin. The issues they will be debating aren't the important issues or what? Please explain what you mean. I think you may mean that the Republican and the Democrat almost always have the same answers, and it's time to get a third opinion. If that is the case, I agree. Green Party, Libertarian, and Constitution Party candidates should be included.

If that isn't what you mean, I apologize.

That is exactly what I mean. The two-party system is broke. They are merely two sides of the same coin which is owned by the corporations which in turn own the media.

I just got off the phone with Vegas and they have a total of Gaffes for tonight at 8 (4 for each). Serously, the media will have a field day with the gaffes. I'm leaning to under 8, I think it will be nearly gaffe-free and the media will try to create gaffes just to get a story.