Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Blacklisted from Ghost Walks & Research!

Golden Hawk

Rather off the subject gang, but this has me so angry I could spit coffin nails. :angry2:

Several years ago I assisted members of a Paranormal Team in researching "hot spots" in my home town; there are at least 60-70+ such sights. The inital research went well and I was told that when the team came back they would contact me to participate. Shortly after that we had to move out of the area for work, however when we returned I attempted to contact the team and failed.

I assumed the team was either defunct or had moved out of state. However this last August I found the team was still very active and had, in fact is on the registry of several paranormal sites as having an excellant rating. I called the group leader who was one of the team members I worked with on the first trip, no return calls. I have emailed every senior team member volunteering my time to assist, no luck, no responses.

It should be noted that they are scheduled to be in our town between October 10th to the 14th doing investigations at two sights in town.

Yesterday I was talking about the upcoming ghost walks and the research with a friend and she suddenly tried to change the subject; she too is a reseracher. I saw something was wrong and asked her to explain. It seems that two of the team that I worked with; including the now current team leader; had given me a "black mark" in effect blacklisting me from any walks or research anywhere in the state. :angry2: By the by, my friend has been invited.

I was with these two women for about three to four hours 9 years ago! How in the heck can anyone be blacklisted by strangers who they barely knew!? <_<

Let me know what you think. I need a shot and a beer right now (aka: vanilla ice cream and root beer). :rofl: ).

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Golden Hawk

• JustNormal

• Plainbob13

• Radian

OK. Let me see if I get this right. You helped some of these guys with research on locations. You move out of town and moved back. Some time between your helping and moving back you got blacklisted. That about right. So. My question is how can a grp stop you from investigating or researching? These guys are not bigtime hollyweird. They can't stop you from doing anything. Forget them. Start your own group and when you get the chance rub it in thier face.

Maybe those 2 women didn't like you or something?

It should be noted that they are scheduled to be in our town between October 10th to the 14th doing investigations at two sights in town.

Uh-oh! :rofl:

serious part coming up:

I don't know why or even IF they indeed blacklisted you, but you should try finding out if it troubles you :)

For all we know here you could have been drunk, loud and obnoxious (not saying you were, or ever have been, I'm just saying we can't really talk about what they did without knowing the reasons) :)

I hope you find what you want and that they allow you back in. If that is what you want!

That is certainly unkind this is the pettiness that I have seen in several groups and people involved in the paranormal if you dont agree or you disagree in any way you're not one of them. How sad to be so insecure I dont know how you could be kept from investigating with your own team or alone they cant keep you from public walks I hope you can see they certainly are below you.

I know it would have hurt my feelings too.

*leaves vodka and beer chaser* (thought you might need something stronger) :gun:

So is it that you are not a part of their click that is troubling you in this matter, because really for myself I would just start up my own team, go it all as solo, or take up a deferent hobby altogether, but then I am fine as a loner or in a group, why don’t you create a team with an entirely different approach in the research field, I myself just wouldn’t even be effected in any way positive or negative buy what others do our think or say or cared, and thus I am happy and content in any element or situation…

Good Luck to you...

Pavot B)

Edited by Pavot

Rather off the subject gang, but this has me so angry I could spit coffin nails. :angry2:

Several years ago I assisted members of a Paranormal Team in researching "hot spots" in my home town; there are at least 60-70+ such sights. The inital research went well and I was told that when the team came back they would contact me to participate. Shortly after that we had to move out of the area for work, however when we returned I attempted to contact the team and failed.

I assumed the team was either defunct or had moved out of state. However this last August I found the team was still very active and had, in fact is on the registry of several paranormal sites as having an excellant rating. I called the group leader who was one of the team members I worked with on the first trip, no return calls. I have emailed every senior team member volunteering my time to assist, no luck, no responses.

Yesterday I was talking about the upcoming ghost walks and the research with a friend and she suddenly tried to change the subject; she too is a reseracher. I saw something was wrong and asked her to explain. It seems that two of the team that I worked with; including the now current team leader; had given me a "black mark" in effect blacklisting me from any walks or research anywhere in the state. :angry2: By the by, my friend has been invited.

I was with these two women for about three to four hours 9 years ago! How in the heck can anyone be blacklisted by strangers who they barely knew!? <_<

Let me know what you think. I need a shot and a beer right now (aka: vanilla ice cream and root beer). :rofl: ).

You at least deserve an explanation. IMO, they aren't very professional at all. It sounds like jealousy or something - very immature.

You at least deserve an explanation. IMO, they aren't very professional at all. It sounds like jealousy or something - very immature.

Sorry I didn't bring that part up. There are only two groups that I know of, in our state, one outside of Tulas; 100 miles from here; and this one.

An explanation would be nice, what erks me is the silence. I don't drink, but they did, at the time smoke like stoves. Even though it was annoying I did not say a word, their right and all that. They seem to have a monopoly on central Oklahoma. What they say goes, it has been and always will be "Good ol' boy (or girl) politics." in this state, their still living with a 19th century mentality, funny thing is my family has been here for eight generations, they arrived in the 1960's. Oh well. money will out. :blink:

OK. Let me see if I get this right. You helped some of these guys with research on locations. You move out of town and moved back. Some time between your helping and moving back you got blacklisted. That about right. So. My question is how can a grp stop you from investigating or researching? These guys are not bigtime hollyweird. They can't stop you from doing anything. Forget them. Start your own group and when you get the chance rub it in thier face.

Hollyweird? LOL...I agree, get some friends and go out and investigate. Anyone can do it, as long as its not private property..JN :P

Hollyweird? LOL...I agree, get some friends and go out and investigate. Anyone can do it, as long as its not private property..JN :P

Yea Hollywierd. The 1950's commie blacklistings. That group doesn't own where your at. F them. Go do your thing and if they start some stuff pimp slap the leader like the punk they sound like.

Sorry I didn't bring that part up. There are only two groups that I know of, in our state, one outside of Tulas; 100 miles from here; and this one.

An explanation would be nice, what erks me is the silence. I don't drink, but they did, at the time smoke like stoves. Even though it was annoying I did not say a word, their right and all that. They seem to have a monopoly on central Oklahoma. What they say goes, it has been and always will be "Good ol' boy (or girl) politics." in this state, their still living with a 19th century mentality, funny thing is my family has been here for eight generations, they arrived in the 1960's. Oh well. money will out. :blink:

I could use a researcher like you who is gung ho. Come to western BC!! We're never quiet! lol

Seriously, i like the idea of starting your own group and being a researcher I hope you know how valuable you are. *hugs* to ya. That sucks, and they will get their comeuppance.

Yea Hollywierd. The 1950's commie blacklistings. That group doesn't own where your at. F them. Go do your thing and if they start some stuff pimp slap the leader like the punk they sound like.

You are a trip, and I agree, she should go out anyway!! Not sure about the slap, but other than that correct.. :yes:

You are a trip, and I agree, she should go out anyway!! Not sure about the slap, but other than that correct.. :yes:

Thanks my parole officer says the same thing. :rolleyes:

Ignore them. Can't do any investigations in the whole state? I very much doubt they could stop you. Just do your own thing and tell everyone you meet that this group is run by morons.

I can't see how a group can "black list" someone or another group from investigating. If they are going around actually telling people not to let you in their homes, businesses, locations etc. that's at the very least slander (if you can prove they said you by name specifically).

I agree Moon D. There's part of the story you're not telling. People just don't take a dislike to someone without at least some claim or reason. Maybe BS or ridiculous but it's something.

I mean to \"blacklist\" or \"blacklist\" someone for nothing is highly unlikely. There\'s got to be something more going on here.

I mean to \"blacklist\" or \"blacklist\" someone for nothing is highly unlikely. There\'s got to be something more going on here.

I Agree with you and the others! JN :hmm:

Well, its only thing that would make sense. Blacklisting for nothing without an explanation doesnt.

Wow! you can be blacklisted from a whole state? Really!

C'mon now, I can see that this has hurt your feelings and I don't blame you, but you can go wherever you want to (legally) and do whatever you wish. If you want to continue investigating, do so.

Personally, I'd gather up every person I knew, tell them to bring cameras and show up wherever this group was and interrupt everything they did, just for fun. :devil:

Don't let it get you down. It's not worth it.

Wow! you can be blacklisted from a whole state? Really!

C'mon now, I can see that this has hurt your feelings and I don't blame you, but you can go wherever you want to (legally) and do whatever you wish. If you want to continue investigating, do so.

Personally, I'd gather up every person I knew, tell them to bring cameras and show up wherever this group was and interrupt everything they did, just for fun. :devil:

Don't let it get you down. It's not worth it.

Now thats one heck of a idea!

Yes it is a hurtful situation. It is frustrating to not know what is going on or why something is happening. The best solution for you though is to do as others have suggested and start your own group. Even if it is just you and 1 or 2 other people.

But one thing I do not suggest is to sink to their level. Don't raid their ghost walks or investigations or talk bad about them behind their back. Prove you are the professional and that they are wrong. Put yourself above their actions and just do what you love. Forget the drama that can happen with groups like this and remember that it is all about the dead.. not the living ;)

There are times in our life when some things are very emotionally overwhelming. You feel compelled to dwell on it or even pursue something simply because the answer seems the only way to let it go. But life does not work that way all of the time and sometimes the healthiest, and hardest, thing to do is to walk away and put it out of your mind. Sometimes you have to let go of situations that you cannot change and look at what ways you can change it. Like starting your own group.

Edited by rayce

Yeah I agree with Jennie 1.... stuff up those b******'s investimagation. Stuff the lot of them!!! :devil:

Or you could go on a Ninja Stealth mission :ph34r: and the night before, sabotage things or do something that will stuff their investimegating