Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Blacklisted from Ghost Walks & Research!

Golden Hawk

Maybe to them you just seemed like a newb? Were you too excited? Maybe you tried to 'take over' their investigation? Maybe they just do not like the way you look? Either way there could be hundreds of reasons why they did not like you. My advice is raid their ghost walks with electronic interference devices if they are using any electronic devices to detect ghosts.

Edited by Rosewin

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Golden Hawk

• JustNormal

• Plainbob13

• Rosewin

Genius? Well maybe...but only when it comes to revenge since plotting is my pastime!

I would not be too hard on the ghost hunters in question though. It would seem there are two types in the field, the ones who take their work too serious, where anything out of their routine might mash up the results, and then you have the ones who take it all as a joke and go running around cemeteries, trampling on burial plots, and calling out to ghosts as if they were kittens stuck in a tree. I do though discredit them for being spineless and not returning calls.

Edited by Rosewin

It's pretty much been said, but I'm going to throw in my two cents anyway.

I'm not saying you did anything wrong. I don't know. However, that's not what matters. It's the fact that these people perceive you as someone they cannot trust to join them for whatever reason, valid or not.

I wouldn't want to be a part of any group that treated me that way with no explanation. I would certainly pursue getting an explanation from someone about the whole thing for your own peace of mind if no other reason, then start up your own group.

I agree that there is probably a part of this story you are either not telling us or can't tell us because you are unaware of why they are angry with you. Persons who investigate the paranormal are generally level headed people, but you can get some really flaky people too so I wouldn't rule out some sort of over reaction on their part. You have your critical thinkers who are skeptics ans scientists first, and then there are the "sensitives" who think everything is paranormal. Those are the sort of folks who usually wear their hearts on their sleeves so to speak and are easily offended or at least more emotional then they should be at times.

Regardless of the reasons why the only solution may be to start your own group. Surround yourself with people you like and who have the same mindset as you. If you do that the group you form should stay together for a long time.

Owl Lady,

I'm just throwing this out as I think of it:

Were you friends with the 2 head honchos or did you just sign up somewhere?

Did you contact them when you moved, or just disappear?

Maybe they tried to call you but your phone was changed.

How many times have you called and left messages?

Was the last message as nice as the first?

They may have 100 calls a day on their machine and don't have time to get back to everyone immediately.

Perhaps your calls annoyed them.

Maybe there are a lot of people that already signed up and they don't want any more.

They may have a list of people that have been participatiing and they don't need anymore, even if you had been gone with them before.

What is blacklisted? Is there a site I can go on to see the list? Lol, we all might be blacklisted.

How old are these people?

Maybe you are prettier than them and they're afraid you'll get all the attention if there is a newspaper article - lol.

I know this really hurts you but have your friend that told you that you were black balled or whatever, find out for you. If she's a true friend, she'll ask questions.

Geez, somehow this reminds me of NO SOUP FOR YOU1

I really hope you get to the bottom of this Owl Lady. Sometimes people just don't 'jive' with each other. It's nobody's fault, but sometimes it just happens. I'm a pretty blunt person, so I would probably just be straight forward and ask them what exactly happened. You have to remember that everyone sees things from a different angle, so to speak. 10 people could be witnesses to the same accident and give 10 completely different accounts of what happened. What you thought was a perfectly great time investigating with these people, could've meant something completely different for them. I like the idea, also, of showing them up and getting your own investigating team going. No one owns the paranormal field anywhere---NO ONE. They can't say that they own Oklahoma and everything paranormal in the state. That is just plain silly for them to even think that. There is a reason for everything and maybe this is a sign for you to move on and start your own thing! Good luck to you and keep us posted on what happens!

Take care of you! :tu:

dkkjf68

OOOOOOOOOOPS. I thought my advice ws so good I had to say it again! LOL Actually I'm a dork and hit the button twice--sorry for the repeat post! :wacko:

Thats right it was soo good it should have been posted twice.. :tu:

shoot DK, happens to all of us :}

I'm sorry, I'd love to add something helpful but I'm far too busy being baffled by how seriously you guys appear to take paranormal investigation over there. It's not a dig, I swear, but has it really got to the level where there 'influential' people who can blacklist you from research?! Bloody hell. Come over here - all we've got is Yvette Fielding and a vicar on a bike. I'm sure you'll be welcomed as a veritable oracle.

Thread cleaned.

Insight, expect a PM from me shortly.

Thanks my parole officer says the same thing. :rolleyes:

PB, That explains a lot! ;):yes:

Thanks gang. :yes::lol: A good laugh caused by friends always helps.

I have never started a group for research but do know Troy Taylor (indirectly, never met him face to face) and I trust his professional opinion. Any suggestions on doing this right? Right now my only equipment is a digital camera.

Did anything happen on the walk? Maybe you weirded them out, or p***ed them off or something.

We stopped off first at the Carnegie Library in Guthrie, OK; it is connected to the Oklahoma Territorial Museum. From the first time I walked in the building (before I even met these 2) I could feel and "see" about seven ghosts from different periods.

When I went in with them I was able to not only see the ghosts but to be able to first mentally, then orally, speak with them; this did seem to startle the lead investigtor. For some resaon I can communicate with ghosts in a regular conversation, but only when one or two humans are present; and they do not have to be sensitive or psychic, etc. I was able to carry on two seperate conversations with two ghosts of different periods in the library and made a mental contact with a third ghost in the museum.

I am able to "see" the ghost I talk too which is like talking to someone over a vid-phone. On occasion, such as the library/museum investigation, I carried on with the first entity, a librarian, for more than 7 minutes, the second entity, a judge, for about five minutes. Oddly neither ghost mentioned the two investigators with me, they seemed more interested in hearing what I had to say, some of which was aloud, so the investigators did hear part of the conversation.

Neither of the investigators seemed to know that someone could do this without some type of trickery. :huh::no:

Guess this would make anyone miffed. :w00t:

We stopped off first at the Carnegie Library in Guthrie, OK; it is connected to the Oklahoma Territorial Museum. From the first time I walked in the building (before I even met these 2) I could feel and "see" about seven ghosts from different periods.

When I went in with them I was able to not only see the ghosts but to be able to first mentally, then orally, speak with them; this did seem to startle the lead investigtor. For some resaon I can communicate with ghosts in a regular conversation, but only when one or two humans are present; and they do not have to be sensitive or psychic, etc. I was able to carry on two seperate conversations with two ghosts of different periods in the library and made a mental contact with a third ghost in the museum.

I am able to "see" the ghost I talk too which is like talking to someone over a vid-phone. On occasion, such as the library/museum investigation, I carried on with the first entity, a librarian, for more than 7 minutes, the second entity, a judge, for about five minutes. Oddly neither ghost mentioned the two investigators with me, they seemed more interested in hearing what I had to say, some of which was aloud, so the investigators did hear part of the conversation.

Neither of the investigators seemed to know that someone could do this without some type of trickery. :huh::no:

Guess this would make anyone miffed. :w00t:

So it seems that your methods of investigation are very different. They are fact gatherers and you are a sensitive. To be frank, I'm not surprised that they didn't want you to rejoin the group. No disrespect intended, but if I were trying to listen for footsteps or spirit voices, and all I could hear was you talking to...well...to yourself, I would not be pleased.

I'm not saying that you are not capable of communicating with spirits. I don't know you, and will accept what you are saying here, but I fully understand now why you were not invited back. They have no way of knowing whether you are actually speaking to spirits, or are trying to pull some shady shenanigans.

I think that you should definitely form your own group. One that focuses on the more esoteric side of investigation so that there are no hurt feelings or mistrust in the future.

I disagree morrigan. If that was their reasoning then they are simply foolish for not expanding their operation to include a sensitive. With organization skills everyone would have a job to do and a right time to do it in so they do not step on each others toes and in the end they all compliment each other thus making for a stronger organization.

I disagree morrigan. If that was their reasoning then they are simply foolish for not expanding their operation to include a sensitive. With organization skills everyone would have a job to do and a right time to do it in so they do not step on each others toes and in the end they all compliment each other thus making for a stronger organization.

I understand your point, but if the group's goal is produce solid proof of the paranormal, this would be counter-productive. There is no way to substantiate the claims of a sensitive, therefore it cannot be considered as proof.

For what it's worth, I do believe that some people can communicate with spirits, but like it or not, the majority of people in this world don't. If the aim of the group is to produce solid evidence that will hopefully prove to the world that spirits/ghosts do exist, using a sensitive may actually hurt their chances of convincing a lot of people. That is why I suggested that she start her own group where her abilities would be appreciated.

I think that you should definitely form your own group. One that focuses on the more esoteric side of investigation so that there are no hurt feelings or mistrust in the future.

That's probably a good idea. Some groups lean more toward the scientific, some toward the esoteric, some a mixture, and it's obvious she didn't fit in with their idea of what they wanted in their group.

Immature to "blacklist" someone and not deal with it like adults, but it happens.

I understand your point, but if the group's goal is produce solid proof of the paranormal, this would be counter-productive. There is no way to substantiate the claims of a sensitive, therefore it cannot be considered as proof.

For what it's worth, I do believe that some people can communicate with spirits, but like it or not, the majority of people in this world don't. If the aim of the group is to produce solid evidence that will hopefully prove to the world that spirits/ghosts do exist, using a sensitive may actually hurt their chances of convincing a lot of people. That is why I suggested that she start her own group where her abilities would be appreciated.

Funny thing is, they could see the ghosts with their physical eyes, where i can only see shadow people and ghosts with my inner eye, maybe, now that I think of it, the leader did seem a bit "out of sort" when I began talking to the ghosts. It may have made her uncomfortable, that does still not explain her current negative attitude.

Funny thing is, they could see the ghosts with their physical eyes, where i can only see shadow people and ghosts with my inner eye, maybe, now that I think of it, the leader did seem a bit "out of sort" when I began talking to the ghosts. It may have made her uncomfortable, that does still not explain her current negative attitude.

I agree that she acted immaturely. She should have been completely upfront with you, and explained her viewpoint. I hope she doesn't disuade you from future investigations.

Owl Lady, I personally don't think your friend should go to it out of respect, you sound like you know of many sights, why not ask her to go with you instead, maybe try and rally or something, maybe the local newspaper will like to hear your story. I don't believe there is room for paranormal investigating groups who go and 'blacklist' people for no reason. And if by chance (doubt it) they did tours here, I would not go. In my opinion investigating is about learning what we can and sharing the knowledge to better other investigators so we can all be more successful. Good luck :tu:

Edited by Blueguardian

Well that sheads some light on the subject. Maybe they thought you were faking it or making fun of them.

I have always been serious about my abilities, even though, as a child, it did spook me. Thank goodness both my grandparents knew this and never laughed or scolded me about anything I may have "seen" or perceived. Odd thing was my grandmother was Quaker, according to their beliefs and teachings, such paranormal activity was sinful, but then grandmother was not what you would call the "normal" or "average" member of the Quaker/Society of Friends, even though she was the "Head of Ministry and Evangilism"; effectively The Head of the Meeting" (see attachment) .

This photo was taken in 1917 in College Springs, Iowa, a Quaker Community :o:blink: . On the right is best friend Stella (?), on the left Meg; aka: my Grandma. ;):innocent:

Gotta lover her! :wub:

Edited by Owl_Lady

Owl Lady---What a great photo of your Grandma and her friend! I'd love to go back to that time for about a week or so. That's probably all I could take without my cell phone and microwave! :lol:

It was great that you had someone growing up who understood your gift and let it flourish. I completely understand you. You would think that a paranormal team would embrace having a sensitive on their investigations. Have you asked them yet what was wrong? Or do you plan just to move on................just wondering :hmm:

had given me a "black mark" in effect blacklisting me from any walks or research anywhere in the state. :angry2:

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

WTF? So ghost walks are regulated now? Is there a branch of the state law enforcement? That is the most ridiculous thing i've heard in a while.

See, this is why I am tired of these self important ghost hunting groups. It's just like high school. People need to grow up. hmmm. i wonder why this field has no amatuer credibility.

My advice:

let it go, be the bigger person. you don't need them. if they act like they are all big and bad, ask them why are they not on headline news for evidence.

Owl Lady---What a great photo of your Grandma and her friend! I'd love to go back to that time for about a week or so. That's probably all I could take without my cell phone and microwave! :lol:

It was great that you had someone growing up who understood your gift and let it flourish. I completely understand you. You would think that a paranormal team would embrace having a sensitive on their investigations. Have you asked them yet what was wrong? Or do you plan just to move on................just wondering :hmm:

Everyone here made me realize that I was the one beating my head against the wall, not them.

My husband has advanced Parkinson's and I have to undergo ear surgery before the holidays, so I guess this latest "BLECH" was too much. :w00t::cry::rofl::blink:

Onward and downward dear friends we have only the darkness to fear. :ph34r:

HEY!!! WHO STOLE MY FLASHLIGHT!!!! Watch that first ste ......pppp!! :wacko: