Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Blacklisted from Ghost Walks & Research!

Golden Hawk

Everyone here made me realize that I was the one beating my head against the wall, not them.

My husband has advanced Parkinson's and I have to undergo ear surgery before the holidays, so I guess this latest "BLECH" was too much. :w00t::cry::rofl::blink:

Onward and downward dear friends we have only the darkness to fear. :ph34r:

HEY!!! WHO STOLE MY FLASHLIGHT!!!! Watch that first ste ......pppp!! :wacko:

I am so happy that you were able to shake this **** off. I agree with the poster who suggested that this sounded like HS. What idiots!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Golden Hawk

• JustNormal

• Plainbob13

• morrigan

i think a group has a right to say who they will work with and who they won't.

but they don't have the right to tell you that you can't do research on your own or work with any other groups.

and you have every right to start your own group and do with it as you wish.

;)

Edited by versidus

I'm with the general consensus of starting your own group. Being sensitive isn't a really common trait, it can take a group a long time to find someone who has that inate ability. You really are special to have that.

I'd say go forth and see dead people. No one can stop you from doing what comes naturally to you. All the best to you and your family, shake it off and do your own thing. You'll be way happier being your own boss in this business.

Tell them to contact me, I will annoy them with my skepticism for you. ;)

I could send you their email address. :ph34r:

NAH, that's too easy .... let um sweat it. :unsure2:

Lol, Owl Lady - take them to court if you feel they are slandering your good name. If I heard about someone/some group telling others that they shouldn't work with me becase fill in the blank, and it was untrue, I'd hit them head on because it might hurt your credibility when you start your own group.

....I've never been to court so I don't know if it would be considered slander or gossip.

Edit: I'm really not suggesting a frivolous case to further clog up our over-clogged court system. I'm just making conversation. :)

Edited by ennui

I understand your point, but if the group's goal is produce solid proof of the paranormal, this would be counter-productive. There is no way to substantiate the claims of a sensitive, therefore it cannot be considered as proof.

For what it's worth, I do believe that some people can communicate with spirits, but like it or not, the majority of people in this world don't. If the aim of the group is to produce solid evidence that will hopefully prove to the world that spirits/ghosts do exist, using a sensitive may actually hurt their chances of convincing a lot of people. That is why I suggested that she start her own group where her abilities would be appreciated.

As with some sensitives I can recall certain events by going into a mediative state; I do not need to trance, in fact I cannot remember ever having gone into a trance, with the exception of an out-of-body experiance, which scares the heck out of me (no control :no: ). During my "conversations" with the "Carnegie librarian", both research ladies were standing nearby, one directly beside me the other about 7 feet from in front of me.

One was getting vibrations from a photo and bio of the librarian which faced away from me and which I had not seen nor know about until after the librarian dis-connected with me. The second lady was standing right next to me, facing me and completely focused on what I was "seeing" and "hearing". I was aware both of them and where they were in referance to my location. Surprisingly (for me anyway, as this was the first time this had ever occured for me) my back was to the library alcove where the books were stored. I could "see" and "hear" the librarian perfectly even though she was behind me.

No this was not a possession occurance. :no:

I can still recall the librarian; what she looked like and wore, and the fact she was extremely happy to see and talk to me. I am a Bibliophile; one who collects and reads books; this appeared to be quite evident to the librarian. I learned a great deal from her about the library and was able to connect, through the librarian, with @6 other entities; a judge and another librarian who was reading to some children in the children's alcove (I was invited to come back and read to the children whenever I wanted to :lol: ).

I was also aware of a night janitor, from another period, who would sit in the adult reading room and have his supper, a county clerk who still guarded over the county/state records from the period when Oklahoma had gone from territory to statehood; 1905-@1907 (he was an extremely nervous man who had placed a "block" up in an attempt to keep anyone away from the records. I got the impression there was something in those records that no one needed to know about :blush::no: . As well as the "residue" of settlers and early state residents; picking up their information from the personal belongings that were now on display in the museum.

The entire complex is not all that big, but great for me. I was picking up info left and right on the "memories" of the owners, the good and the bad. I have came to the conclusion that having no more than three people directly with me, with at least one who is psychic, increases my abilities. I can see them and on occasion hear them, a first for me.

As I walked around the lady who was the psychic, was with me all of the time, unfortunenetely she did not have a recorder with her. She would, once in a while, ask me a question to clarify an image. To say the sight was "Hot" would be an understatement.

Thinking back on it, I realize this first lady was the one who stayed with me the entire time I was walking around while her friend went off on her own. It is possible this second gal may be the source of me being shunned. She did not appear to be too happy with what I was capeable of.

Would I do it again? YES!! I have never been able, before moving to Oklahoma, to pick up with such strength and detail, it was beyond a brain rush, as if I had gone from using the average 10% to 15% of my minds abilities to 20%. WOW!! :yes::lol: No I wasn't feeling full of myself, in fact the oppoiste, I was humbled, to know that I was gifted with this and only wanted to keep doing it so I could, if possible, finish or correct a story on behalf of those who had not yet left this mortal plain.

You can see now why their snubby me is more than just frustrating. :(

It sounds like some of the haunting you are describing is residual. Are you actually able to communicate with residual spirits?

The whole thing sounds like one of two possibilities. Jealousy first comes to mind. The second possibility is fear. Many investigators go through their whole career disbelieving in the paranormal. Skepticism is great, but if you are confronted by the real thing you should not dismiss it or go six months and then disbelieve your own experience. When folks like these see the real thing, they can't believe it because of their fear. It sounds like you have more "talent" than the rest of the team put together. I would not worry about it.

Does your talent run in your family? Pardon me if its already been asked.

It sounds like some of the haunting you are describing is residual. Are you actually able to communicate with residual spirits?

The whole thing sounds like one of two possibilities. Jealousy first comes to mind. The second possibility is fear. Many investigators go through their whole career disbelieving in the paranormal. Skepticism is great, but if you are confronted by the real thing you should not dismiss it or go six months and then disbelieve your own experience. When folks like these see the real thing, they can't believe it because of their fear. It sounds like you have more "talent" than the rest of the team put together. I would not worry about it.

Does your talent run in your family? Pardon me if its already been asked.

Where the judge, the second librarian and the children "felt" as residue, the senior librarian was, rather is, still there, as is the accountant and the janitor. Most of the connections in museums, for me, are residue, but they can still "communicate strong feelings to which I can respond; ie: I can give my impressions to another team member even without touching an object.

Were my other team members frightened? As I thought on it I realized they may well have been because this was the only time we communicated with each other. I am well use to my gift where it may well scare others.

I don't see it as a talent, that is more the word used for someone who makes people "believe" they can communicate and actually have no abilities at all; charlitans. For me this is serious business, even if, at times, I can smile, or laugh with those who are still here after death. Most do not frighten me, although, as with the accountant, I was stopped for a moment because I had startled him, rather then the other way around. He had put out a defense because he saw me as a threat to the books. After I had talked to him he was able to "settle down" but he was still on the defensive. I still have the impression there are certain things written in those books that could still be considered illegal actions on the part of early day government officals. Those officals may be dead, but many still have family (descendents) living in Oklahoma and it would not be good for the families to open the books for deep inspection.

I have very little info on my Dad's family. Grandpa died when I was a few months old. Dad died when I was 5 and Grandma died four months after him.

My Mom's family is very sensitive, especially my Maternal Grandfather; he was half Scot and half Irish; Grandma was Irish, Welsh, Saxon and Norman. My eldest daughter, JR, is more sensitive than I am, she cannot enter any cemetery or be around any item that is directly connected to a tragedy because she can literally "feel" how the person died :cry: .

She has connected with my Dad to the point her handwriting is exactly like his; my Mom was the first to notice this, scared the heck out of both of them :w00t: . He will even come to her in her dreams, something she has learned to handle over the years; Dad had/has a very thick southern US accent and talked/talks real fast; she often, mentally, has to tell him to "slow down!" :hmm::no:

My husband is of German, Irish, Ute (not Piute, 2 seperate tribes), Spanish and possibly Objibwa (long "o" & "a").

So if our daughters are sensitive, they can only look to their ancestors and say, "Thanks A Lot!!" :lol::rofl:

Hmm, sometimes I wonder about these expeditions. One question I do have is this: Do they ask for any kind of fee for participating? Do they make money ghost hunting or investigating? Sometimes these groups can be fearful of people with an actual gift to deal with spirits because they're afraid to be found out as liars, just doing what they do for the fame and any money they may get out of it. I don't believe myself in joining such groups. I'm a "solo" worker and I've never received a red cent for anyhting I've done. I'm also a reiki Master and I heal and attune people for free. I'm always suspect of things involving $$$. It's a big temptation.

It seems that two of the team that I worked with; including the now current team leader; had given me a "black mark" in effect blacklisting me from any walks or research anywhere in the state. :angry2: By the by, my friend has been invited.

Um.. this is one group.. They can't exactly black list you from ALL groups, and I doubt any rational person would take the word of two people they may or may NOT know regarding your abilities. Find another group. That simple. You prolly just rubbed someone the wrong way, and if thats the case, why would you WANT to join them again?

I don't think some of y'all "get" what Owl Lady is saying. I am from the same general area and though I have no idea whether we know the same people (probably not), I think I have some insight into what is happening.

Oklahoma is not a hugely populated state. The state to the north is less so and although Texas has lots of people, there are not a lot of them in the country. And there is a lot of country there. So while a group or two can do nothing formally, they can de-facto ban her from further participation simply by the dearth of participants to begin with. So she can have as healthy a self-image as there is, but if a leader or two in the area gets down on her they can make it very difficult for her to do what interests her.

I live in the same state,too. My friend and I did our own investigations and were never bothered or told what we could do.

KG and Tina B. How about getting together; even if it may be on the Net, and start another group? ;)

I have been contacted by an unknown number of entities and have even helped two of them lto move on, a third with the help of my daughter "JR". :innocent:

Fifty-five years of ability and knowledge, even though some of it may be classified as old school, has to matter for something. <_<