Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Vice Presidential Debate

IrishAidan07

OMG. the NUCULAR thing is driving me NUTS!!! How is it that these supposedly "intelligent" people trying to run our country cannot say that ONE SIMPLE WORD???

I noticed Biden purposely pronounced it "New-Cle-Ar" not only correctly, but SLOWLY as if emphasizing the stupidity of his oponant. ROFL

Des she have a prompter in her podoium? She keeps looking down...

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• questionmark

• MID

• SilverCougar

• IrishAidan07

I know I didn't think conservatism could be beautiful until Palin. LOL.

Absolutely nothing personal, but this statement and ALL those like it...

I am so damned sick of them.

She's JUST a Woman. I acknowledge beautiful Women when I see them (let's not get into my sexuality unless you really want to) and Palin looks as crappy as the most of us her age do in the morning without all her tanning beds and gym's and hair highlights & blonde streaks & push-up bra & moisturizer, etc.

Edit: Don't forget designed dress suits, eyeglasses & high heels. And maybe even mustache waxing and nose wart (with hair growth) removal.

Edited by Blondigeist

Hillary would destroy any of the four in a debate. I don't like her political positions, but I'd much rather have her running the country than the four we got handed too us.

I think Obama made a near-fatal mistake (Palin may have saved that with her silliness) not picking her as his VP. That he didn't I'm certain is McCain's reason for picking Palin.

As I'm watching this, tho- I am impressed with BOTH of them. Altho, that in no way changes my vote. I'm not impressed with certain answers, just the way they're both handling themselves and articulating their reply's.

One last poke... now if only McCain had been as polite and interactive with Obama as Palin is being with Biden and as Obama WAS (and kept trying to be!) with McCain.

I was moving furniture so I only tuned in at around the 40 minute mark, so I'm not sure how it was up until then..

But Sarah... its time for a reality check..

They DONT hate you because of your FREEDOMS and "TOLERANCE"...

They do actually. They constantly witch and moan about gays, sex and other stuff in our culture and our tolerance. Many muslims countries are even against barbie because it's unislamic for a woman to be free thinking.

Absolutely nothing personal, but this statement and ALL those like it...

I am so damned sick of them.

She's JUST a Woman. I acknowledge beautiful Women when I see them (let's not get into my sexuality unless you really want to) and Palin looks as crappy as the most of us her age do in the morning without all her tanning beds and gym's and hair highlights & blonde streaks & push-up bra & moisturizer, etc.

Edit: Don't forget designed dress suits, eyeglasses & high heels. And maybe even mustache waxing and nose wart (with hair growth) removal.

LMAO. Amen sister.

Put your "special" helmet on, she's going to wipe the floor with Biden.

Not so far...80 min in.

"I may not answer the questions as you or the moderator may like but I'm talking to the American people!" -Palin, 30 seconds ago

What? lol

I expected something like this, her 'escape clause'.

Okay; words, phrases I NEVER want to hear again!!!;

Maverick.

Dang it.

Doggone it.

Maverick.

Darn it.

Gosh.

Change is coming.

Did I say Maverick?

Now lets all go out and bring in some wolf legs! (this angers me beyond belief).

Edited by Blondigeist

Biden is being such a noob.

Taking those hits and just offering a small quip about bush as a response. GO AFTER HER YOU FART!

Taking those hits and just offering a small quip about bush as a response. GO AFTER HER YOU FART!

I don't think he could...

he would have been called an evil MAN preying on a poor, attractive, Hockey Mom.

I know, not sure if you caught it but he kept taking in deep breaths that were kind of loud as if he was upset and didn't do anything about it. I suspect he wanted to throw a pie or something at smug Palin.

My opinion.

I give a slight edge to Joe biden. My father, who watched the debate with me, gives a slight edge to Palin. I was really surprised at how well they both did. I didn't hear any gaffes at all. Also, I like Joe Biden now. Before, and many of you know this, I despised him. I guess I can't stay true to my convictions. But tonight he was honest and just sincere, I felt. And when he started talking about his family, saying "I know what it's like not to know if your......son....is going to make it." He had tears in his eyes. That was 100% real. That wasn't fake at all. It honestly teared me up to hear him struggle through that. I still don't like his flip-flopping and the plagiarisms, but overall I've gained a lot more respect for him. I sorta like him now.

Palin? She just surprised the hell out of me. She did really, really well. Nobody gave her enough credit.

Gwen Iffle? I don't want to hear a single Right Winger say she wasn't fair. She was a great moderator.

My opinion.

I give a slight edge to Joe biden. My father, who watched the debate with me, gives a slight edge to Palin. I was really surprised at how well they both did. I didn't hear any gaffes at all. Also, I like Joe Biden now. Before, and many of you know this, I despised him. I guess I can't stay true to my convictions. But tonight he was honest and just sincere, I felt. And when he started talking about his family, saying "I know what it's like not to know if your......son....is going to make it." He had tears in his eyes. That was 100% real. That wasn't fake at all. It honestly teared me up to hear him struggle through that. I still don't like his flip-flopping and the plagiarisms, but overall I've gained a lot more respect for him. I sorta like him now.

Palin? She just surprised the hell out of me. She did really, really well. Nobody gave her enough credit.

Gwen Iffle? I don't want to hear a single Right Winger say she wasn't fair. She was a great moderator.

Couldn't have said it better myself...Both candidates were most impressive.

Not so far...80 min in.

I expected something like this, her 'escape clause'.

Okay; words, phrases I NEVER want to hear again!!!;

Maverick.

Dang it.

Doggone it.

Maverick.

Darn it.

Gosh.

Change is coming.

Did I say Maverick?

Now lets all go out and bring in some wolf legs! (this angers me beyond belief).

She was nothing but catch phrases.

And omfGODS why did she constently go to this energy thing over and over? I mean they were talking about subprime mortgages.. and she's like "First of all.. let me talk about this energy crisis..."

. . .

That's ... NOT WHAT WE'RE TALKING ABOUT!

Yes I know it's importaint.. but so isn't satying within the questions asked. *smacks forehead*

Watching FOX News most of the people sided with Palin.

Gee.. because it's FOX

Because that's what FOX does.

Edit:

Gee.. because it's FOX

Lol, great minds! ;)

Edited by Blondigeist

And they will. MSNBC, most of those guys, will side with Biden. Again, I'm giving an edge to Biden. My dad told me he thinks its 'cause of emotion, when I teared up when he spoke of his family. But I really don't think so. I just thought he was more clear and concise. But Palin did well. You gotta give her that. Anyone who says Palin didn't do well is being 100% partisan.

I liked what she said about taking personal responsibility, that America would not take this anymore and that America has a heck of a lot to learn about what is happening with the financial crisis. She sounded very patriotic, sincere. Truly there is no dispute that they both did well but based on what I saw and how the people reacted, she connected more with the people.

I would imagine that most watching MSNBC would be mostly for Biden...

/different foot..same shoe.

*hi kissy!

Edited by Pinky Floyd

I liked what she said about taking personal responsibility, that America would not take this anymore and that America has a heck of a lot to learn about what is happening with the financial crisis. She sounded very patriotic, sincere. Truly there is no dispute that they both did well but based on what I saw and how the people reacted, she connected more with the people.

She didn't connect much with me--especially when she gave the line about protecting women's rights--when she doesn't agree with abortion AT ALL

And they will. MSNBC, most of those guys, will side with Biden. Again, I'm giving an edge to Biden. My dad told me he thinks its 'cause of emotion, when I teared up when he spoke of his family. But I really don't think so. I just thought he was more clear and concise. But Palin did well. You gotta give her that. Anyone who says Palin didn't do well is being 100% partisan.

I do agree Palin did incredibly well. I'm not too one sided/narrow minded to say that.

I just also think Biden did better. And that's the way I've always been going and don't intend to change, but I'm kind of glad she didn't crash and burn (like with Katie Couric) because, well, I'm a Woman and that's all we need added to the 'Women driver' jokes, is Women VP jokes.

Because I have two kids and couldn't even imagine going through what Biden went through, he connected with me in that respect - of a concerned and caring parent. I think they both connected with people tonight. And while it shouldn't be forgotten that they are, in fact, politicians, they were sincere tonight.

Edited by IrishLexie

Neither one blundered, neither tripped over their tounge, neither one fell down.

It was pretty much a draw. My prediction is this debate won't have much effect.

It's because you were watching FOX. It was a subliminal mind control thing, lol (just kidding...I think).

I would imagine that most watching MSNBC would be mostly for Biden...

/different foot..same shoe.

*hi kissy!

Hey hey pinky finger..... :). Well I know it's your country guys LOL. I should not even be joining into the conversation LOL.

So peace out guys!!!

Because I have two kids and couldn't even imagine going through what Biden went through, he connected with me in that respect - of a concerned and caring parent. I think they both connected with people tonight. And while it shouldn't be forgotten that they are, in fact, politicians, they were sincere tonight.

Indeed. I think in the end this is the most important thing that came out of the debate, America saw that they were both sincere.