Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Vice Presidential Debate

IrishAidan07

Not so far...80 min in.

I expected something like this, her 'escape clause'.

Okay; words, phrases I NEVER want to hear again!!!;

Maverick.

Dang it.

Doggone it.

Maverick.

Darn it.

Gosh.

Change is coming.

Did I say Maverick?

Now lets all go out and bring in some wolf legs! (this angers me beyond belief).

And to add to that list.

Change we can believe in

Main street not wall street

More of the same

Executive experience

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• questionmark

• MID

• SilverCougar

• IrishAidan07

Not only that, Biden was also prepped.

The difference is.. Biden actually answered the question with substence. Palin came off looking prepped to just not freeze and choke on her answer. She had *no* substance what so ever.. like all her interviews and other speaches. None.

Indeed. I think in the end this is the most important thing that came out of the debate, America saw that they were both sincere.

OR, they made America think that they were sincere. ;)

Reporter: "How could an actor become president?'

Reagan: "How can a president not be an actor?"

I think this goes for 99% of all politicians including Presidents, VP's, Governors, Senators etc. etc.

Yes, I am a cynic. Rather that than be naive.

That could have worked out nicely.

Sure *it might have* Except for the decisions of the upper echelon of the Dem party (and the MSM)..

so it's not

When Biden was talking--she was writing down what the people in her ear piece were telling her to write.

You know what??? I saw Obama doing the same thing. All they're doing is writing down things to remember to bring up when it's their turn. Don't get it twisted now!

You know what??? I saw Obama doing the same thing. All they're doing is writing down things to remember to bring up when it's their turn. Don't get it twisted now!

Every candidate is prepped and wired..

Sure *it might have* Except for the decisions of the upper echelon of the Dem party (and the MSM)..

so it's not

*shrugs* Yep.. it's not. *twirls a finger* Notice how I'm not raveing about it. I simply said that it might have worked out nicely. not "OMFGS THEY SHOULDA DONE THAT!!!"

I'd rather Michael Palin be the VP than Sarah Palin.

Sod enhanced interrogation techniques, let the enemies of the US deal with The Spanish Inquisition

Edited by Splodgenessabounds

The left will try desperately to spin the truth, but it was up to Sarah Palin to prove the liberal media wrong, and she did that. Props to her. Can't wait to see the polls in a few days.

OR, they made America think that they were sincere. ;)

Reporter: "How could an actor become president?'

Reagan: "How can a president not be an actor?"

I think this goes for 99% of all politicians including Presidents, VP's, Governors, Senators etc. etc.

Yes, I am a cynic. Rather that than be naive.

That may be true as well, our former President was an actor so yeah LOL.

The left will try desperately to spin the truth, but it was up to Sarah Palin to prove the liberal media wrong, and she did that. Props to her. Can't wait to see the polls in a few days.

ROFL.. Uh huh..

I hope now that everyone can get off this notion that Palin is dumb. She proved that she is not dumb. It's shameful how the media and public have treated her lately. She did very well tonight as did Biden too.

She did "well" because she only answered the questions for which she had prepared talking points. She didn't have any deer in the headlight moments because she just ignored the questions that stumped her. The format of the debate did not allow Ifill to even press her on any single question, so Palin could get away with simply disregarding the debate itself when it pleased her. She had no command of Obama's record or his policies, so barely critisized him; she could only get out McCain's general assertions, nothing substantive.

Can't simply hate her policies? This debate meant nothing. We already knew their platform. I was just hoping for a few good laughs.

Yes. In reality Clinton should have been president and picked Obama as vice president. Then Obama could have run after being vice president for eight years.

Precisely what I was hoping for in the beginning. And precisely the same thing I thought would have worked out beautifully.

I miss Billy...

Edit: For those interested and if you missed it (easy with the posts coming so quickly...)

For the 'Fact Curious';

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/debate_fact_check

Edited by Blondigeist

Precisely what I was hoping for in the beginning. And precisely the same thing I thought would have worked out beautifully.

I miss Billy...

I was hoping that because Clinton was the only competent person running. :P

Yeah.Lets;;;not,give palin,, any credit.. whatsoever.

Seriously...she's nothing more than a gimmick to be used to gain votes for an old fart who will probably die in office.

You may not acknowledge it,since it is a purely personal thing...but for all of my years,I've dealt with a lot of people.In that time,I've become really good at reading people...looking at their words,deeds,tone of voice,facial expressions..etc. To me,this woman shows that she is nothing more than a two-faced charismatic dimwit who should never be in a position of power.

Sorry,but I cannot give credit where credit is not due.The same goes for respect.

Seriously...she's nothing more than a gimmick to be used to gain votes for an old fart who will probably die in office.

You may not acknowledge it,since it is a purely personal thing...but for all of my years,I've dealt with a lot of people.In that time,I've become really good at reading people...looking at their words,deeds,tone of voice,facial expressions..etc. To me,this woman shows that she is nothing more than a two-faced charismatic dimwit who should never be in a position of power.

Sorry,but I cannot give credit where credit is not due.The same goes for respect.

Beg my pardon but what qualifies you for reading people? Is bias a qualification?

Beg my pardon but what qualifies you for reading people? Is bias a qualification?

No bias,actually.I treat everyone the same...until they show me what they truly are by their words,deeds...etc.

I started "reading" people because of an innate curiosity.I just wanted to know what signs to look for to see if someone was being truthful or lying their hind ends off.It's worked for me for many years,and as I stated,no one has to acknowledge it.You may rank it in "personal opinion" if you wish,but for me it's a bit of very useful knowledge that has kept me alive and out of bad situations. :tu:

Edit: Oh,and just for the record...I really don't care for any of this election's prospects.I'd rather write in "Daffy Duck".

Edited by Wolf MacCanine

Cheers, now I know that the VP's are talking complete merde

As if we would think different, lol.

No bias,actually.I treat everyone the same...until they show me what they truly are by their words,deeds...etc.

I started "reading" people because of an innate curiosity.I just wanted to know what signs to look for to see if someone was being truthful or lying their hind ends off.It's worked for me for many years,and as I stated,no one has to acknowledge it.You may rank it in "personal opinion" if you wish,but for me it's a bit of very useful knowledge that has kept me alive and out of bad situations. :tu:

Edit: Oh,and just for the record...I really don't care for any of this election's prospects.I'd rather write in "Daffy Duck".

Fair enough, no quarms (?) here.

By the way, Daffy Duck!!!???

Daffy Duck has no foreign experience, wants to keep troops in Iraq, wants to bring in Universal Healthcare, bail-out the market and is a DUCK.

**EDIT**

If you want Daffy Duck as Pres, you can go **** yourself. :D

On merits alone, Biden nailed that debate. He was clear, mostly concise, and very solid on most of his responses (there were a few where he wasn't); his take-down of the McCain health care plan was simply beautiful, and well-deserved (Palin, naturally, ignored the question and ran off in a tangent). Although he argued for Obama, his responses, particularly on foreign affairs and the economy, showed that he generally had a good idea of what he was talking about; he hadn't just memorized three days' worth of talking points. Considering that his usual problem has been gaffes and long-windedness, he did pretty well. I particularly liked it when he finally took apart McCain's "maverick" reputation. Perhaps most importantly of all, he managed to avoid sounding condescending. It looked like he struggled with it at times; there was one instance where I think the old Biden would have been sorely tempted to say something along the lines of a more polite "Are you ****ing serious?"

Palin was smooth and smiling - which alone is probably enough to show improvement, given that the expectations for her in this debate were preposterously low. Other than that, she was a total ****ing joke. She openly said she was going to say what she wanted instead of answering the question, and while Biden did that a few times, she did it for probably the majority of the questions asked, always reverting to some folksy badly-worded bull about Alaska (which Biden then crucified her on). It seemed like she had a whole list of talking points, which she repeated in no particularly relevant order. She also came close to "deer-in-the-headlights" several times; remember the "Say-it-ain't-so-Joe-there-you-go-again!" remark? It was like she hashed together a bunch of talking quips she'd memorized in debate prep.

Of course, my opinions may not match those of the polls. Historically, VP debates don't generally matter that much; Lloyd Bentsen really got Dan Quayle with the "You're no Jack Kennedy" line in 1988, but Dukakis went on to lose in a landslide. I would hope that most Americans saw how much of an ignoramus Palin was beyond the smiling exterior, but I have my doubts; there are a lot of Style-Over-Substance *******s out there who probably thought "OMG, Palin smiling is the hotness! She's folksy, too, and a hockey mom! That mean old Biden is picking on her!"

Neither one blundered, neither tripped over their tounge, neither one fell down.

It was pretty much a draw. My prediction is this debate won't have much effect.

I agree. the proplem for McCain is McCain

"Those dangerous dictators who hate America because of our tolerance [sic] cannot be met with"

Something about that statement doesn't add up?

As an outside observer I think both did well, Biden did well in avoiding gaffes and (imo) was much stronger in points of actual policy. Palin did well to show improvement - but, at this stage of the campaign with just over a month to go she has to do much, much better.

At this point I would trust Biden with the job of being VP and being a heartbeat away from the Presidency. I would suggest Palin is some time away from being ready - but given time she could be. The issue, America, is that you don't have that time.

Edited by Leonardo