Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Telekinesis

tsukinokagi

There is a report today in another thread about Ouija planchettes moving, on more than one occasion, without a visible driving mechanism:

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum...t&p=2539412

The poster claims to be an adult. The poster suspects the possibility of a paranormal phenomenon.

So, I think that reports of seeing small, but not inconsequential, objects move without obvious causes are sufficiently common to justify discussing them without regard to the age or reading habits of the poster. Nobody has to buy into anybody else's interpretation about what is going on. The matter is a reasonable one to discuss, whatever the cause might be.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tsukinokagi

• Insight

• eight bits

• John from Lowell

Well then, you can post a video of this energy you claim to see, so we can all see it too.

Its my eyes that see it. Unless your trained to see it, you wont be able to. Xp

So, Tsu. Please tell us more about the twitching.

I can make pencils and pens twitch a little

And I hope that you are feeling better now.

So, Tsu. Please tell us more about the twitching.

And I hope that you are feeling better now.

Thanx, I am feeling better.

Umm, I dont really know how to describe it except I see the energy moving (it looks like heat that would rise off the sidewalk in the summer), and when i push at it with my thoughts, the pencil twitches slightly. I cant mantain focus for a long time, but i can push it a little.

Sometimes two people can make similar suggestions for different reasons.

I like the video idea, but not to post it if you don't want to.

The point would be for your benefit, to get a handle on what's going on.

Even before-and-after stills. They wouldn't "work" for anybody else, but they would for you. To let you see what you've done specifically, to let you focus on the doing of it. Also, after a session, you'd have something concrete to help you think about what worked and what didn't.

Something to show your grandchildren someday? :)

I wouldn't expect the "summer sidewalk" effect to read on camera (neat if it did, though), but movement of the pencil would.

Food for thought, maybe.

Its my eyes that see it. Unless your trained to see it, you wont be able to. Xp

Gotcha.

I knew you were going to use a lame excuse like that.

You obviously don't know that eyes only have one sense, and that is the ability to absorb light and relay it to the brain. Eyes cannot be trained. Now, if you would have said that you saw it in your MIND, I wouldn't have been able to instantly prove your claims wrong, for the mind CAN be trained.

So right there, I just showed everyone that everything you've said is complete and utter nonsense. You fell right into my trap. And Now everyone can see you're just making it up as you go along.

***I wouldn't expect the "summer sidewalk" effect to read on camera (neat if it did, though), but movement of the pencil would.***

Actually, that effect does appear on camera. If it's real I've seen it on nature programs millions of times when they're out in the desert.

Gotcha.

I knew you were going to use a lame excuse like that.

You obviously don't know that eyes only have one sense, and that is the ability to absorb light and relay it to the brain. Eyes cannot be trained. Now, if you would have said that you saw it in your MIND, I wouldn't have been able to instantly prove your claims wrong, for the mind CAN be trained.

So right there, I just showed everyone that everything you've said is complete and utter nonsense. You fell right into my trap. And Now everyone can see you're just making it up as you go along.

Your eyes can be trained. Your just an idiot. Now will you stop annoying me and calling me a liar?! Goodness, get a real hobbie!!

Edited by tsukinokagi

Your eyes can be trained. Your just an idiot. Now will you stop annoying me and calling me a liar?! Goodness, get a real hobbie!!

You should too.

I am happy to see anyone make an effort to understand anything beyond conventional wisdom.

I wish to encourage any effort that moves our understanding of reality forward in any way. The mind is a living organ that can be exercised. I can understand why some would be fearful of this. It is not easy to move beyond our comfort zones of understanding. Yet we can thank those that do for bringing about a continuation in our overall knowledge base and well being.

John

And with classy posts like this, I think you're full of crap as well. Lots of insults and zero proof - the classic formula for fakers and attention seekers.

Edited by Moonie2012

And with classy posts like this, I think you're full of crap as well. Lots of insults and zero proof - the classic formula for fakers and attention seekers.

Look, I just want help. If you're not willing to help me, then I dont care what you say. Don't post. You're free to feel and think what you want, and you of course can say what you think. But after a while, being called a liar gets to you. So, let me clarify: I will IGNORE anyone (especially Insight) who tries to get to me and "set traps". Your obviously not ready to understand what I and other ppl understand so well.

"A mind is like a parachute. It works best when its open."

Take that to heart. xP

Ya know what? Screw it. I wont be posting on this tread anymore. If you wanna help me out and help me find some answers, then send me a private message. Otherwise, everyone else can have as much fun insulting me by themselves. I want no more part of ppl who wanna waste my time.

Oh, and if you send me a msg that strikes me the wrong way, I just wont respond. How do you like them apples?

Attacking my character doesn't help your case. It just makes you look desperate to defend the crumbling walls of your lies.

You show that you lack even an elementary understanding of how the human eye functions.

Muscles can be trained. The mind can be trained. But the eye cannot. That's its very nature.

You claim to have mastered a mental discipline which allows you to move objects with your mind. Yet, your mind is still so undeveloped, you cannot differentiate between the words "your" and "you're". A common mistake for a child to make, much like mistaking imagination for reality.

Since I have already proven you a liar for all to see, you reverted to personal insults, hoping you would shame me enough to get me to stop. I don't succumb to shaming tactics. I call them out as what they are: infantile desperation .

Now, stop pretending you are a superhero, and go play with dolls like a normal girl.

An important point arose here.

Eyes cannot be trained.

The visual system most certainly can be trained. And a good deal of what we see - what you see if you are sighted - goes beyond, or outrightly contradicts, the pattern of light falling on our retinas.

Google Necker cube, and for extra credit, train yourself to see what is really there (a two-dimensional grouping of line segments). Many people need a few minutes, and a conscious intention, to do that. Many people who try succeed. Their eyes are trained.

Oh yeah. English speakers often write "eyes" to refer to the functioning visual system. That's a figure of speech. It's sometimes called a synechdoche. More often, it's called English.

An important point arose here.

The visual system most certainly can be trained. And a good deal of what we see - what you see if you are sighted - goes beyond, or outrightly contradicts, the pattern of light falling on our retinas.

Google Necker cube, and for extra credit, train yourself to see what is really there (a two-dimensional grouping of line segments). Many people need a few minutes, and a conscious intention, to do that. Many people who try succeed. Their eyes are trained.

Oh yeah. English speakers often write "eyes" to refer to the functioning visual system. That's a figure of speech. It's sometimes called a synechdoche. More often, it's called English.

The MUSCLES of the eyes can be trained to adjust the focal point of the lens. And as I already said, muscles can be trained. Buy the signal which is relayed to the brain is a direct response to the light entering the eye. The rods and cones at the back of the retina respond to light, and light alone. No amount of "training" will make them respond to another source of energy, such as sound, or a different spectrum of light, such as infra red.

Ya know what? Screw it. I wont be posting on this tread anymore. If you wanna help me out and help me find some answers, then send me a private message. Otherwise, everyone else can have as much fun insulting me by themselves. I want no more part of ppl who wanna waste my time.

Oh, and if you send me a msg that strikes me the wrong way, I just wont respond. How do you like them apples?

This is called "Martyring yourself". It's an attempt to gain sympathy and support by threatening to cut yourself off from others. And I say, go for it. These forums are far more interesting when kids are cluttering them up by pretending to be cartoon characters.

Anime has destroyed the mind of a generation.

I wish to encourage any effort that moves our understanding of reality forward in any way. The mind is a living organ that can be exercised. I can understand why some would be fearful of this.

I don't doubt for a moment that the human consciousness is capable of far greater than we credit it for. But I don't believe for one second this child can move objects with her mind.

I have seen martial arts masters who are able to utilize the energies of their body to perform astounding feats. And not just incredible physical feats. Feats which many people might refer to as telekinesis. But they have devoted their entire, their ENTIRE life to this discipline. If this little girl was in fact 60 years old, and had been studying Tai-chi for 45 years, I would probably take her seriously. If this little girl was an ex-member of the KGB, and had stories to tell of a secret psi-ops program, I would probably take her seriously.

But she isn't. She's just a child. And right now, he head should be in a textbook, not in the clouds.

The OP did not claim that her eyes responded to sound, nor to a different portion of the electromagnetic spectrum. She said that she could see something that you would likely miss.

That's a safe bet.

Your parade of ignorance about perceptual psychology extends to other branches of the science of the mind as well. The poster responded appropriately to a concerted attack by trolls, after other reasonable attempts to manage the situation failed.

I recommend that the poster consider a blog, rather than relying on PMs. Blogs allow the removal of bigoted, misinformed, and otherwise unsuitable posts, while retaining the public character of the open forums.

Insight, I wish you well in your search for that credible ex-KGB agent with psi-ops experience. I am sure you two will be very happy together.

Wow it has been a while...

Anyway its good to see Insight still slapping some reality around, also good to see people still challenging him :D

About eyes not being trained though, for the first 17 years of my life I couldn't see aura. Then after meeting someone who could I was given a method to train my eyes to be able to see aura. Now, I can see aura. While that may not be 'training' as such it does leave the question: Is there anything else the eye could possibly see? (Aura has been argued over for a long time though so maybe its damage to the eye?)

As for high school students who can move objects with their mind, I've been there and fooled myself plenty of times. I've also done some things that I couldn't explain. (Just making a note here that I DO NOT CLAIM TO HAVE ANY ABILITIES) Perhaps tsu should spend some time seriously questioning what is actually happening.

Always being interested in this field I continue to research any and all possibilities in the hope that one day we will all come to a firm conclusion about what is real and factual...

And what simply, is not.

Aura has been argued over for a long time though so maybe its damage to the eye?

The aura viewing method reports I have seen here at UM have typically involved afterimages. That's not really damage (assuming ordinary indirect environmental lighting and not staring at the sun or into incandescent lamps). To some extent, it could be described as seeing something that most of us overlook, or "look through."

Maybe sometime you would post your method, and people could take a look at it?

A lot of it has to do with stare, it's very simple.

Instead of looking directly at the person, you look to the sides of them, past them. This way you are tricking your eye, past the blind spot. (optic nerve)

Test this out: When going out tonight, focus on the image you want to see by not looking directly at them, but at little bit off the person themself. When you do this you will get the best image, because the rods are on the outside and the cones more centered toward the middle.

Don't stare too hard when looking at an aura, or you'll give yourself a hemorage ha-ha, it's just knowing how to use your periphrial vision, and staring 'gently'.

No, there is no damage to the eye...or at least that we can tell. I've been to an optomolgist a good amount of times, and I've had all the tests run and I come out normal. You see the eye in essence is playing a trick, or mind rather of perception. The colors we see are perceptions (how we interpret the world around us) while the sensations are the (physical aspects).

Color-perception and the vibration/frequency (sensation) So, those that see auras are actually feeling the other person's energy, body motion and stability...like feeling the outer shell of the electron (valance). The colors one might see is based on the vibration...and light...light must be present in order to see color, because that is what is associated with it...the brightness.

So, if someone says o this persons aura is red. They are feeling certain vibrations that on the scale red is the longest vibration. Where as you see someone with a blue/purple it is the shortest wave length.

By knowing which wave length is longer/shorter you can tell a lot about a person. In fact we feel the vibrations, but a lot of people cannot interpret merely the vibrations themselves, so their mind has to color code it. Then they claim to be pyschic...I hate that word. Because they can read someone, no anyone can read a person. It's all about how you understand sensations and how you percieve them. If you can learn to understand the sensation without changing it into your perceptions...you will get so much further in life. Instead of having to color code everything, you can skip that step and feel the non color air vibrations and from each 'touch' sensation know someones history or family problem with a father or mother.

Also, it's understanding where it comes from, in the body. If it is the head, doesn't mean it has do to with thinking, but it could relate some type of over sensory load or unstability of the body. The aura could prove to mean positive things, like eccentric energy and openess. The aura is merely a perceptional word we use to relate to each other...or else it would be kind of hard telling people what you mean.

Does this make any sense?

Edited by puridalan

Yes that does make sense, mostly.

The part I'm unsure about is colors. I only ever see two colors: Blue for people and a light green for everything else. Regardless of the persons mood or personality.

:huh: Is this due to the limit of my ability or something else? If you could help me understand this it would be great but if not that's ok it's not a big problem ^_^

Yes that does make sense, mostly.

The part I'm unsure about is colors. I only ever see two colors: Blue for people and a light green for everything else. Regardless of the persons mood or personality.

:huh: Is this due to the limit of my ability or something else? If you could help me understand this it would be great but if not that's ok it's not a big problem ^_^

I am not positive on what exactly it is because it can be a lot of things. It really isn't a 'limit' of an ability, rather that's how you see things. Others can see the same color as you but interpet it for a different...but usually not complete opposite mood. Maybe you do need to expand more, but I wouldn't be so focused on the colors...as the person themselves, you find more out about that way..and it all just clicks.

The OP did not claim that her eyes responded to sound, nor to a different portion of the electromagnetic spectrum.

I never claimed she did. I only stated that the eye cannot be trained to detect any other energy source. And since this is so, it surely cannot be trained to see something which is anything other than the visible spectrum of light.

She said that she could see something that you would likely miss.

I can also see things which many people here would likely miss. I can read between the lines and see an unpopular, misinformed youth, desperate to solidify an identity for herself.

Your parade of ignorance about perceptual psychology extends to other branches of the science of the mind as well.

I'm sorry, but how many credits have you earned, and in what field? Mine have been earned in psychology, criminology, and art history. After 4 years, I like to think I have SOME idea what I am talking about.

The poster responded appropriately to a concerted attack by trolls, after other reasonable attempts to manage the situation failed.

Ah yes, the "troll". Whenever someone posts a disagreement, they are labeled as a troll, and cast aside. A convenient way of filtering out any sort of opposition, or reality check.

I recommend that the poster consider a blog, rather than relying on PMs. Blogs allow the removal of bigoted, misinformed, and otherwise unsuitable posts, while retaining the public character of the open forums.

Much like communist China doesn't allow it's citizens to create, or even view any webpage which doesn't agree with the reigning government. Silencing the truth doesn't prevent it from existing. It only furthers delusion.

Insight, I wish you well in your search for that credible ex-KGB agent with psi-ops experience. I am sure you two will be very happy together.

Are you implying that one malcontent child's delusions of grandeur are more credible than someone who has been a part of a world power's military?

You know if the egos were dropped here and now, and one can "help" this "high school" student who is loioking for input... perhaps this thread will have a chance to go somewhere intelligable!

8 bits... I agree!

Blessings all...Now lets all try to behave and offer something constructive..... Lets start new.

Purlidian... Thank you for sharing your method for seeing the auras... How did you train yourself to so this?

Im curious, because I can sense/feel but cant see.... I would like to be able to do that... Please share..... :)

Edited by WARRIOR FOR THE LIGHT

I've never learnt a psycic ability, only practised the one I already have. Unfortunately when it comes to abilities like TK, you either have them naturally or you spend years of your life training yourself. So if you're dedicated enough,keep going, but it might take a long time before you manage to get it going properly.