Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

McCain "If I were a dictator, which I always

zitro1987

there are other links, just so you could check that he wasn't quoting, that it's not a misleading off-context thing.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BlindMessiah

• HKCavalier

• IrishAidan07

• zitro1987

Top Posters In This Topic

wtf

could..be.. an off the cuff joke like what Bush did when he said something about how "this would be easier as a dictatorship." mention?

If not.. yikes...

could..be.. an off the cuff joke like what Bush did when he said something about how "this would be easier as a dictatorship." mention?

If not.. yikes...

Either way, there's nothing funny about it.

*yawn*

This is as bad as those 57 states/Troops-Airstrike smears..

Seriously guys, grown up. And funny how you only posted a snippet, and not the WHOLE interview..

*yawn*

Seriously guys, grown up. And funny how you only posted a snippet, and not the WHOLE interview..

s'what I was thinkin. It's just shock scary to hear even a soundbite.. but I'm still thinking it had to be an off the cuff joke.

*yawn*

Really, InHuman? Would you hire a nanny who made a joke about being a child molester? Or a fireman who made a joke about being an arsonist? They're just jokes, aren't they? I don't think it's unreasonable to ask that a candidate for President refrain from dictator jokes on the campaign trail.

How cute. I like how he rolls on through nonchalant. I think he decided to wait a bit too long to become a dictator though.

How cute. I like how he rolls on through nonchalant. I think he decided to wait a bit too long to become a dictator though.

Seventies are the perfect years to begin your quest for world domination.

I don't think this is evidence that McCain wants to be a dictator, or hates democracy, but rather evidence that he's completely lost his marbles!

Seriously, how stupid can you get, regardless of whether you actually want to be a dictator or not, you don't say it to the public.

Cheers,

SQLserver

Oh, he still could last a few more years, especially if kept in an oxygen tent....

I think he was joking. I wouldn't make too much out of it.

because some think he's joking, or taken out of context, didn't you read the only line I wrote in my post?

there are other links, just so you could check that he wasn't quoting, that it's not a misleading off-context thing.

I'll give you a large clip: he's not joking http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3b8d7EBrxE

because some think he's joking, or taken out of context, didn't you read the only line I wrote in my post?

I'll give you a large clip: he's not joking http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3b8d7EBrxE

LOL. O.K. Whatever you say. So don't vote for him if you think he's serious.

LOL. O.K. Whatever you say. So don't vote for him if you think he's serious.

Sucks when you get completely owned because it wasnt taken out of context doesnt it? Now all you have to say is "Oh wel..uh..whatever!! dont vote for him!!" lol....

I stopped the long video half way through, I got the feeling if I listened to McCain for any longer I was going to fall into a deep coma.

Let's not forget though that MSNBC is a liberal media outlet.

Anyone have a conservative media outlet running this story? Just for the sake of balance.

He's either being completely serious or is the worst joke teller of all time. I won't decide until I see a liberal AND conservative view.

Edited by Splodgenessabounds

Oh, come on, he's OBVIOUSLY trying for some kind of miserable unfunny joke here. No one in his right mind running for President claims in earnest to "aspire to be" a dictator. But he shouldn't be joking about a thing like that if he respects the office and respects our democracy. In my view, it was a careless, irresponsible remark and a wide open window to his deeply cynical soul.

I don't think this is evidence that McCain wants to be a dictator, or hates democracy, but rather evidence that he's completely lost his marbles!

Seriously, how stupid can you get, regardless of whether you actually want to be a dictator or not, you don't say it to the public.

Cheers,

SQLserver

Yes, if you actually wanted to be dictator you wouldn't say so. I assume it was just a poor joke.

It sounded like a joke to me. He just didn't wait for a laugh. Also, please post a warning label before you put up any more Olbermann videos. :P

Sucks when you get completely owned because it wasnt taken out of context doesnt it? Now all you have to say is "Oh wel..uh..whatever!! dont vote for him!!" lol....

How was I owned? What he said was taken out of context. It was a joke - a stupid one. To think any different is to leave logic in the backseat of a car. If you clowns want to go on thinking it was a Freudian slip, be my guest.

Edited by IrishLexie