Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Creepy janitor/caretaker at my school

NosmoKing

Back when I was at highschool, the janitor at my school (who had the unfortunate name of Chester) was rumoured to be something of a perve and liked to look at the female students as he was going about his duties. Supposedly he'd lost his job at another school for drilling holes in the girls' bathroom and watching them through the holes. I'm sure this was complete rubbish, as why would a school employ someone who was a known peodophile? Still, it was a popular urban legend, and he was even called Chester the Molester (I bet his name wasn't even Chester).

Did anyone hear of any hear of any similar urban legends about janitors/caretakers being perves at their highschools? (probably inspired by Freddy Krueger from Nightmare on Elm Street). Or hear of urban legends about other school employees based around stereotypes of their area of education, i.e. the French techer being lothario, the female Phys Ed teacher being a lesbian, the principal/vice principal being obssessed with corporal punishment (caning students for all or any minor infraction), or the bus driver being a secret alcoholic who the students were certain he would one day crash the bus and kill all the students riding on the bus?

• Like 1

no but there were janitors at my highschool that one was short and fat and the other was really tall and fat. we called them mario & luigi

• Like 2

Oh yeah I heard similar stories. Like the cafeteria lady was a convict. A certain teacher was a pervert.

I remember this one history teacher in Louisiana people used to say he was racist. Then one day were watching some film in class & while it was dark & quite some of us had fell asleep. Well he got up & got this wooden paddle & smacked this one kids desk real hard. Of course everyone jumped. I was in the front row & had doozed off too. And he walked right passed me. I told the girl behind me I'm glad he didn't do that to my desk because I was asleep too & she said she also doozed off too. But it was funny how he picked that one kid to do that to & no one eles. And yes the kid was black but I'm not sure if that was the reason or not. But he walked pass us to sleeping girls & did nothing. I'm sure he had to have seen me because I was in the front.

Back when I was at highschool, the janitor at my school (who had the unfortunate name of Chester)

Did he look like this?

linked-image

• Like 1

I think every school has one of those stereotypical employees, and sometimes, the rumors turn out to be true.

We had the creepy security guard. Our janitors either did not stand out and make an impression, or were generally nice middle aged gentlemen that were harmless. Our security guard, however, was a big guy of hard to place origin both in terms of looks and accent with a handlebar mustache. We were in Florida, yet he always had a knit cap on, and he was all around creepy. Given that part of his job was keeping the truants on campus, he had contact with students, and could be seen talking to the same three or four every so often before the first bell rang. There were rumors that he was carrying on creepy affairs with some of the female students, and rumors that he had gotten one pregnant "a few years ago". I doubt that any of this was true, but most of us avoided him, and those that did talk to him always seemed to agree that he was nice enough, but that something about him was scary.

One of our teachers in middle school was supposedly a pedophile.

To be fair, he did rub girl's necks and say, "if you need anything, just ask me," in a really creepy voice.

Oh man...this brings back memories. I had a teacher who was obsessed with me. Always commented on my appearance, complimented me constantly, and generally tried to be around me as much as possible. The day after I graduated, he called my house and asked me if I wanted to go out to dinner with him "to celebrate". Bleeeeeech. Still grosses me out to this day.

I went to 2 different high schools, and there were no shortage of characters at either. There was the math teacher that smoked weed (I was his student assistant for one period, and found a big bag in his briefcase while looking for a test key), the obvious lesbian girls PE teacher (no question about this one, her girlfriend even showed up at school a couple of times), the one-legged custodian who was as mean as hell (old, grouchy, and mumbled to himself constantly), the drama teacher who was a heroin addict (he overdosed and died 2 years after I graduated), the burnt-out history teacher who used to leave class during tests to go smoke cigarettes and take shots from the flask he kept in his jacket pocket (he allowed me to give an oral report on the effects of marijuana on American culture...no joke, this actually happened), and the vice-principal who's right arm was literally double the size of his left (we all joked that it stemmed from too much "choking the chicken"). Sigh....good times.

Back when I was at highschool, the janitor at my school (who had the unfortunate name of Chester) was rumoured to be something of a perve and liked to look at the female students as he was going about his duties. Supposedly he'd lost his job at another school for drilling holes in the girls' bathroom and watching them through the holes. I'm sure this was complete rubbish, as why would a school employ someone who was a known peodophile? Still, it was a popular urban legend, and he was even called Chester the Molester (I bet his name wasn't even Chester).

Did anyone hear of any hear of any similar urban legends about janitors/caretakers being perves at their highschools? (probably inspired by Freddy Krueger from Nightmare on Elm Street). Or hear of urban legends about other school employees based around stereotypes of their area of education, i.e. the French techer being lothario, the female Phys Ed teacher being a lesbian, the principal/vice principal being obssessed with corporal punishment (caning students for all or any minor infraction), or the bus driver being a secret alcoholic who the students were certain he would one day crash the bus and kill all the students riding on the bus?

Most of the janitors I knew didn't fit the Chester stereotype. I knew female gym teachers that were definite lesbians though. There were several male gym teachers/coaches that were most certainly sadistic. The only time I got swats in school was by the vice principal of our middle school. I knew some hippy art and music teachers-I hope they were into weed because if they weren't, they were that much weirder...The list goes on.

• Like 1

My AP History teacher was a complete stoner. We suspected it for months, and he was married to the airheaded and obviously, perpetually stoned Drama teacher. It was all confirmed when we ran into them at an Aerosmith concert and they were caught redhanded. No one ever spoke of it again.

Is it possible these stories arise about the teachers because the teachers, are in a sense, a psychological 'other'--an 'other' in the sense that we spend large amounts of time around these people yet know very little about their personal lives, so we create stories to fill in the gaps? That we are not comfortable with a person unless we feel we 'know' them enough?

Or maybe kids are kid nosey little blighters with too much time on their hands and too much imagainations in their heads ;) (Although, the stories of the real (not rumoured) perverted tachers do worry me.)

Is it possible these stories arise about the teachers because the teachers, are in a sense, a psychological 'other'--an 'other' in the sense that we spend large amounts of time around these people yet know very little about their personal lives, so we create stories to fill in the gaps? That we are not comfortable with a person unless we feel we 'know' them enough?

Or maybe kids are kid nosey little blighters with too much time on their hands and too much imagainations in their heads ;) (Although, the stories of the real (not rumoured) perverted tachers do worry me.)

I can't speak for everyone obviously, but I definitely had better things to do in high school than running around making up stories about the teachers. I'm not sure how my "cast of characters" could be based on imagination, unless I outright lied about having these people as part of my educational experience. No speculation involved.

I don't know that any of us ran around making things up. If they did, I never had any first hand knowledge of it. Certain rumors had a grain of truth to them, if not more, while others were probably the product of young imaginations and stereotyping.

That teachers are so one dimensional to students on a day to day basis probably does play a big part in some of this and I have to agree with NoSmoking that there is something to that. These are people that tend to startle you a bit the first time you run into them in a restaurant or at the grocery store, as though they shouldn't be there with the rest of the general population.

We had this grade 8 Home class teacher that, was fired for "entertaining" girls in the class's storage room, he even used to go the the room with a girl while we were still in class, the boys of course admired him too, he told them plenty of stories and taught them lots of things.

Anyway ran into him about 8 years back and he worked in a clothes store as a salesman.

Also when I was in grade 7, I heard this story (from the 9th grade high school girls) that in the third floor bathroom a gril got rapped and killed. Of course the story spread like wildfire and got allot added to it, like her head was cut off and stuffed in the toilet and she would crawl out once every some years and try to steal your body LOL!

It turned into panic/hysterical situation at school, the stories and the imaginations ran so rampant that everybody refused to use that particular bathroom and it doesn't help if a girl comes running out of the bathroom screaming and crying!

Anyhow the school principal had to call a meeting and clam everybody down and treatened us with bodily harm if we were to ever speak of it again.

Those were fun days!

I remembered there used to be a rumor around school. That a serial killer lived in the woods next to the school & used to kill kids there. That kept us out of those woods next to the school.

• Like 1

We had this grade 8 Home class teacher that, was fired for "entertaining" girls in the class's storage room, he even used to go the the room with a girl while we were still in class, the boys of course admired him too, he told them plenty of stories and taught them lots of things.

Anyway ran into him about 8 years back and he worked in a clothes store as a salesman.

Also when I was in grade 7, I heard this story (from the 9th grade high school girls) that in the third floor bathroom a gril got rapped and killed. Of course the story spread like wildfire and got allot added to it, like her head was cut off and stuffed in the toilet and she would crawl out once every some years and try to steal your body LOL!

It turned into panic/hysterical situation at school, the stories and the imaginations ran so rampant that everybody refused to use that particular bathroom and it doesn't help if a girl comes running out of the bathroom screaming and crying!

Anyhow the school principal had to call a meeting and clam everybody down and treatened us with bodily harm if we were to ever speak of it again.

Those were fun days!

:lol: Until I saw where you were from, I thought we might be talking about the same bathroom. OK, not really, but in my high school, there was a bathroom that was out of the way, and a few years before I started attending the school, a girl was brutally raped in there by some older boys. The real story was just that. She was raped, the boys were caught, and I don't know if she went to another school or what, but within two years, the story had become a full blown ghostly legend. The legend was that she was raped and murdered, the boys were never caught, and that her ghost haunted the bathroom.

:rolleyes: Wow, those are some pretty good ones. Let see, at the highschool i worked at, the journalism teacher got caught messing around with a student, so he got fired.

One on the lady coaches was rumored to be gay.

At the junior high, many years aback, a kid tried to hang himself, but someone reported the kid's attempt, and he lived, though whatever happend to him after that I don't know.

The former school district chief of police got caught trying to scalp tickets to concerts(not on school grounds, but off)

and some other deal ,and got caught by San Antonio Police Dept.It was the guy that the chief and Ralph,one of the warehouse employees, confiscated the tickets from, that reported them to the SAPD. Forgot all the details.

Also, one of the teachers who used to work at Corbett Jr.High passed away some years ago from cancer.She used to have a class in the two story building on the school grounds. Well I heard her ghost has been seen sometimes by the custodians when they work in the building at night, but not sure how true that is. That's like the old Wiederstein Elementary in Cibolo is supposed to be haunted.Again,that could be just some story.

Out back of Rose Garden Elementary, in Universal City a woman was found dead in the truck of her car.

She had been missing for several days. Don't know what the autopsy outcome was, but according to the paper,she had cancer and other dieases, and didn't have much time left, so they figure she drove her car behind the school, and climbed into the trunk and closed the lid. One of the janitors noticed the car sitting there for several days, that's when they called the cops.This is a true story.

Oh the former business manager for the district was supposdely having an affair with the woman who was one of the curriculum directors,both no longer work here.That was in the late 1990s.

One of the teachers in my elementry/middle school teachers got arrested for molesting one of the girls the year above me and we had a perpetually stoned electronics teacher other than that thoughwe had wierdly reversed sterotypes like the principal who looked like he was on major steroids and our 4th grade teacher who was so into corporal punishment he lost his liscence for picking a kid up by the neck and throwing him into a wall

its kind of funny how we tend to sterotype our techers though in my schools they had more labels than any of the students

• 1 year later...

Oh man...this brings back memories. I had a teacher who was obsessed with me. Always commented on my appearance, complimented me constantly, and generally tried to be around me as much as possible. The day after I graduated, he called my house and asked me if I wanted to go out to dinner with him "to celebrate". Bleeeeeech. Still grosses me out to this day.

I went to 2 different high schools, and there were no shortage of characters at either. There was the math teacher that smoked weed (I was his student assistant for one period, and found a big bag in his briefcase while looking for a test key), the obvious lesbian girls PE teacher (no question about this one, her girlfriend even showed up at school a couple of times), the one-legged custodian who was as mean as hell (old, grouchy, and mumbled to himself constantly), the drama teacher who was a heroin addict (he overdosed and died 2 years after I graduated), the burnt-out history teacher who used to leave class during tests to go smoke cigarettes and take shots from the flask he kept in his jacket pocket (he allowed me to give an oral report on the effects of marijuana on American culture...no joke, this actually happened), and the vice-principal who's right arm was literally double the size of his left (we all joked that it stemmed from too much "choking the chicken"). Sigh....good times.

Sounds like a schol off of "the family guy!"

Wait......you are not a cartoon....are you?

There's a female phys ed teacher at my school whom all the kids think is a lesbian.

:alien: Nick :alien:

• Like 1

One of the teacher I had in high school was creepy and over friendly, and wjen he looked at you it was like he was looking though you. A few years after I had left my mum was reading the newspaper and asked my what the teacher's name was I told her, and she showed me a photo in the paper of the teacher and asked if he was the teacher I had it was turns out he had changed schools and had raped a few female students. Thinking back it s scary to think that creepy guy was a rapist.