Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Waking up with tiny cuts on my fingers

NosmoKing

8 hours ago, Cre8tvshop52 said:

I get them too. They are from dairy intake in my case. I recently developed a bunch of food allergies. I can’t eat wheat, dairy or soy without blisters or these paper cuts like wounds. Try to elimate dairy for three months and I mean really eliminate (eat or drink NONE) and then see if when dairy is reintroduced — if you get the paper cuts again. Hope this helps. 

Your microbiom collapsed and you can't no longer regulate your immune system. Artificial sweeteners and energy drinks are good for causing that along with too many antibacterial agents (quats) and antibiotics.

On 10/5/2008 at 11:41 AM, NosmoKing said:

Samz ish, the cuts are never bloody. They basically look like paper cuts. They don't hurt. I just notice them after waking, and they're never there before I go to sleep at night.

Eight bits, my nails are really short, and I keep them filed with an emery board so the edges are smooth and rounded.

Once again, I assume there is a very normal reason for this. I have a cat, but it doesn't sleep in the room. And the cuts don't look like cat scratches. The cuts are very, very light; only a few mms long, and are straight.

Something your exposing your hands to is causing that. Some sort of dish soap or cleaner. 

• 3 years later...

I’ve been getting this, they’re are more like paper cuts! I tend to get them once every month or two. There’s never any paper or sharp edges near me and I don’t have a cat! I do have a dog but we are in completely different rooms with doors shut! They also only appear on my index or middle finger on either hand! It’s really weird! I bite my nails so they aren’t sharp at least not enough to cut my skin! Once the paper cut or whatever it is was so deep it actually bled! Any ideas are welcome, natural or supernatural :))

Edited by RogueOne

Heh, this thread just keeps wandering back, looking at the time stamps. Welcome to the club, RogueOne!

I'm not a medical professional, so anything I say here will be, at best, a semi-educated guess and should not be interpreted as medical advice or knowledge in any form. With that said, I suspect the cuts here are basically micro-cuts that crack and expand over the course of the day. They start too small to feel or notice, but as you move and flex your fingers, they grow. I would expect them to occur on the most commonly used fingers, the index and middle finger.

Do the cuts regularly go below the epidermis? If you put alcohol or something on a cut, does it sting?

• Like 2

Im very neurotic have panic attacks etc and very OCD about my body and whats going on and i have all kinds of little cuts or what not that i havent a clue how it got there,

A while back i had a faily deep but short cut on the side of my finger that must have bleed i was braying to tina i just "woke up" with it but no, she had pictures that it had been there the day before and i just hadnt noticed it until the time that i did.

• Like 1

On 10/5/2008 at 3:35 PM, NosmoKing said:

This has happened to me repeatedly: I wake up in the morning with tiny cuts on my fingers.

I've noticed this strange occurence has been mentioned on this forum and other paranormal forums, and people have wondered if this has had a supernatural origin. I'm sure in my case there is a very natural reason for occuring with me but I can't figure out what it is. I'd much prefer to consider possible natural origins before jumping to supernatural conclusions, and I know there are several skeptics on this forum, so can you help me out?

Things to rule out: I don't sleep near anything with sharp edges; I have very short nails (so they can't be accidentally cutting me in my sleep)...I can't think of anything else at the monent. Maybe you guys have any ideas?

This isn't a major worry in my life. It's just something I've been wondering about over the years, and since similar cases have been mentioned on this and other forums any ideas would be appreciated :)

I get the same thing. I also get cuts on my nose.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been having this randomly since I was kid. Sometimes a few parallel cuts like it was done by a multi razor shaver, sometimes multiple fingers, but always only on my fingertips. I'm 38 now and still randomly get them even though so many circumstances have changed, this is my first time actually trying to look it up to see if I'm the only one since I got one recently. I notice them after waking up but they're not painful at all, no blood. I don't think I've ever even had a paper cut that didn't sting or bleed. I always just joked that it was aliens...

@Shmollie33 I offer you pretty much the same questions I asked RogueOne a couple of posts back. How deep are the cuts? Are they closer to running parallel to skin surface, making a small skin tag, or are they perpendicular so that they go straight into the finger? Welcome to the club, by the way!