Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Seeing Atoms/Molecules ?

Adidas

Before I start, I would like to ask for forgiveness. I haven't been on in a long time, but that was because of school and the likes of it. I hope I can get on here more often.

Now, I recently began to see molecules/atoms. I wear glasses, so sometimes when I'm at an angle, I can see a reflection of my eye.

But not my eye-eye. It's like my glasses adjust to a microscopic way and digs deeper into the retina to show me how it would look in a

microscope.

I will try to describe it:

It's a perfect circle. The area around it is somewhat beige.. light beige. There are some small circles around it- either light dark or dark.

It looks like the way something would when put into a microscope.

When I don't have my glasses on, I can still see it a bit, but it's only blurrier and not clear.

Not the only thing that has happened.

Secondly, with/without my glasses, when it is night time, and I see a red/green light, I can somehow follow the beam and look at the molecules- not as descriptivley and vivid as you could if you had a microscope or magnifying glass, but suitable enough to give some detail.

Also, my vision is very weird. With/Without my glasses on, my vision displays tinyyyy particles of atoms/molecules. They're a variety of colors- yellow, blue, red, green. They're very tiny, but I can see them. Can someone explain what this might be?

Also, I don't want to go on making another thread to be an annoyance to people, so I will ask another question or two, if someone could gladly answer:

When I touch things, anything, I get a strange feeling. It's as if I can tell who has touched it. But I don't know exactly who did.. I can sense that I can be able to find out who has if I dig in deeper to the object, but a bit of discomfort builds up in the palm of my hand. For example, yesterday, I was touching a metal bar on my bed (I have a grey loft bed) and my touching sense got extra-extra sensitive. It was as if something were between the bar, something that could help me sense even further.. but I never found out.

Another question:

Is it a normal thing for a human to sense when a TV is turned on, even if they are about 30-50 feet away from it? Sometimes, I get a sensitive feeling in my ear when a TV turns on.. my sister and I are the only ones who can sense it all the time. It's like a ringing in my ears, and my hands feel a bit staticy, as if it triggered a sort of unknown frequency in me. Is this normal and common, or special?

First off, you aren't seeing atoms. That's impossible.

Secondly, I think I know what you are describing with your eyes - I have it too. It's a common condition, but I can't recall the name.

Thirdly, the TV awareness thing - another common experience that I can do as well.

Edited by Moonie2012
  • Like 1

First off, you aren't seeing atoms. That's impossible.

Secondly, I think I know what you are describing with your eyes - I have it too. It's a common condition, but I can't recall the name.

Thirdly, the TV awareness thing - another common experience that I can do as well.

Ah, but nothing is impossible.

Maybe I didnt' describe it well enough for you:

whatever I'm seeing, they're a variety of colors, and they're constantly moving.

Seeing atoms with your naked eye is about as impossible as it gets - don't delude yourself into believing you are.

What you are seeing is likely blood cells traveling through your eyeballs. There is a name for it, but I can't find it.

Like I said, I see them too, and they definitely aren't atoms.

Edited by Moonie2012

Before I start, I would like to ask for forgiveness. I haven't been on in a long time, but that was because of school and the likes of it. I hope I can get on here more often.

Now, I recently began to see molecules/atoms. I wear glasses, so sometimes when I'm at an angle, I can see a reflection of my eye.

But not my eye-eye. It's like my glasses adjust to a microscopic way and digs deeper into the retina to show me how it would look in a

microscope.

It's a perfect circle. The area around it is somewhat beige.. light beige. There are some small circles around it- either light dark or dark.

When I don't have my glasses on, I can still see it a bit, but it's only blurrier and not clear.

Secondly, with/without my glasses, when it is night time, and I see a red/green light, I can somehow follow the beam and look at the molecules- not as descriptivley and vivid as you could if you had a microscope or magnifying glass, but suitable enough to give some detail.

Also, my vision is very weird. With/Without my glasses on, my vision displays tinyyyy particles of atoms/molecules. They're a variety of colors- yellow, blue, red, green. They're very tiny, but I can see them. Can someone explain what this might be?

Also, I don't want to go on making another thread to be an annoyance to people, so I will ask another question or two, if someone could gladly answer:

When I touch things, anything, I get a strange feeling. It's as if I can tell who has touched it. But I don't know exactly who did.. I can sense that I can be able to find out who has if I dig in deeper to the object, but a bit of discomfort builds up in the palm of my hand. For example, yesterday, I was touching a metal bar on my bed (I have a grey loft bed) and my touching sense got extra-extra sensitive. It was as if something were between the bar, something that could help me sense even further.. but I never found out.

Another question:

Is it a normal thing for a human to sense when a TV is turned on, even if they are about 30-50 feet away from it? Sometimes, I get a sensitive feeling in my ear when a TV turns on.. my sister and I are the only ones who can sense it all the time. It's like a ringing in my ears, and my hands feel a bit staticy, as if it triggered a sort of unknown frequency in me. Is this normal and common, or special?

Sitting between the lens of your eye and the retina is a jelly like substance called the Vitreous humour. The gel of the vitreous is not changed out like other fluid systems in your body. So cellular debris from your body or infections can easily get stuck there. When cellular debris crosses your axis of vision you often seen weird lights or floating objects.

Seeing this regularly can indicate an infection in your eye, retinal tearing, detachment of the retina or vitreous, retinal or ocular migraines, or many other things. Many of them very serious.

Dots and sparkles in your vision can also indicate partial complex seizures (PCS) taking place in the visual processing areas of your brain. Nothing to fool around with to say the least.

If this is something you are often seeing Animate it is imperative you talk to your physician and your eye doctor to establish the cause of the visual disturbances. Left untreated retinal and vitreous detachments can lead to permanent vision loss. PCS can be dangerous because they can cause disruption to brain function while trying to do something like operating a car. They can also be the harbinger of many more and sever neural problems such as sclerosis in different areas of the brain (hardening), Brain cancers and/or abnormal tissue growths, mood/personality changes and even psychosis.

Not trying to scare you, just trying to get across how potential serious something like this can be and why it you should take it serious and discuss it with your medical professional.

This site just keeps getting better and better.

Not everyone has working knowledge of the human body and the many things that can go wrong with it. For this reason people often turn to religion and/or paranormal explanations.

Having seen floaters/sparkles in my vision before, I can understand how one would think they are seeing particles or molecules they couldn't quite focus on.

The greater shame however, is when people play along with the paranormal game for too long and permanent harm can come to someone.

Not everyone has working knowledge of the human body and the many things that can go wrong with it. For this reason people often turn to religion and/or paranormal explanations.

Having seen floaters/sparkles in my vision before, I can understand how one would think they are seeing particles or molecules they couldn't quite focus on.

The greater shame however, is when people play along with the paranormal game for too long and permanent harm can come to someone.

Now that is the truth.

You cant see atoms. Period.

Seriously kid I'd listen to everyone else thus far and go see a doctor about this.

You sound young -do your parents know about this (and that you turn to the internet for paranormal explanations instead of a doctor)?

microscope.

What you are seeing is not molecules. It is a natural function of your eyes. The phenomena is called "Photosphenes", and it is the same thing which is responsible for the colors and swirls you see when you close your eyes and push in them.

Other times, your eyes may be attempting to adjust to tiny particles of dust in the air, or even on the surface of your eye. While this is seperate from photoshpenes, it can produce similar results.

I assure you that it is all in your head, propagated by your imagination, and your fascination and interest with metaphysical subjects. You would be amazed at how sensitive our nerves are, but we usually do not focus on touch sensation very closely as we go about our daily life. When we suddenly concentrate on our sense of touch all of a sudden, it may feel like an unnatural experience, when in fact it is not.

Here's a good example of this:

Take an object which is smooth, yet has tiny details in it. For instance, a strawberry. A strawberry has a smooth glossy surface, but it also have many tiny seeds on it. Take a bunch of strawberries, and transfer them from one bowl to another one by one, while you are watching your favorite TV program. Take note of the general sense of touch you felt during the transfer.

Now, take the same bowl of strawberries, turn off the TV, and close your eyes. Take a single strawberry, and gently run your fingers over it. You will notice that you will actually be able to feel each individual seed on it's surface, which is something your sense of touch did not register when handling them regularly.

This shows that our senses are heightened when we shut out others, and focus on one.

Another question:

This is a very with young people. Older TV's, meaning TV's which are not the flat LCD kind, use what's called a Cathode Ray Tube which fires electrons at a glass screen which is covered in phosphorus. This produces the image you see. This tube often hums at a very high pitched frequency. It is especially noticeable with old TVs.

Now, and interesting fact about young people is that their ears can hear frequencies HIGHER than that of adults. As you age, your range of hearing slowly decreases. This doesn't necessarily mean you hearing decreases, it just means that when you are older, you cannot hear the highest of the high frequencies. It is very common for young people to be sensitive to the high frequency sound which older TV's put out. My family has a particular TV which I can tell if it is on before I enter the room. I can hear, almost FEEL a very subtle disturbance of sorts, and I can always tell if it has been left on or not. My parents are never able to tell, as they are both well past their 50's.

It is a purely natural phenomena, but a fascinating one none the less.

Ah, but nothing is impossible.

Maybe I didnt' describe it well enough for you:

whatever I'm seeing, they're a variety of colors, and they're constantly moving.

Who do you think you are, Doctor Manhattan???? You can't see atoms with the naked eye. You just can't.

As for the TV, what you can hear is the static. Its the same for almost everyone with good hearing.

edited for appaling grammer and spelling.

Edited by Emma_Acid

Ignore anyone that tells you it's impossible. They have no clue.

So exactly how is it possible for a human to see atoms?

What you are seeing is not molecules. It is a natural function of your eyes. The phenomena is called "Photosphenes", and it is the same thing which is responsible for the colors and swirls you see when you close your eyes and push in them.

Other times, your eyes may be attempting to adjust to tiny particles of dust in the air, or even on the surface of your eye. While this is seperate from photoshpenes, it can produce similar results.

I think you meant Phosphene -Which is seeing lights and colors because of chemical (drug induced) or mechanical interactions with the eyes.

But, No. Phosphene is not the same effect as sparkles/floaters.

Phosphene is when the neurons in the eye or visual cortex in the brain are stimulated. So adding pressure to eyes mechanically stimulates the optic neurons into firing and causing the splash of colors seen when you push on closed eyes.

Phosphene is also not generally indicative of medical problems (other then you should quit touching your eyes or stop dropping acid). Floaters on the other hand (as I outlined in my post above) can indicate a more serious symptom. Which is why Animate should really talk to his doctor about this.

Good example with the strawberries though regarding sense.

So exactly how is it possible for a human to see atoms?

It's not, it is most certainly impossible. Atoms are so small you cannot bounce light off them. Eyes work by collecting light particles dispersed by hitting the surface of an object. Since you cannot bounce light off of atoms, then we are not capable of seeing them.

The only ways to see an atom are through the aid of electron microscopes. If you use a tunneling microscope -It uses an electrical current to map the surface of the object, much like a record player needle works. A computer can then record the peaks and valleys of the surface of the object and render a 3d recreation of it. Scanning electron microscopes work by firing a dense electron beam at the target. Areas more dense slow/reflect electrons, areas less dense allow more electrons to pass through. On the other side of the target is a phosphorous plate, which when struck by electrons gives off photons. So by viewing an atom in this way, you are really looking at a virtual creation of an atom, made possible by the chemical reaction of phosphorous and electrons.

There is no direct way to view an atom.

Edited by Copasetic

The squigly things you see in your eyes are known as "floaters". It is the fluid in your eyes lumping together and casting shadows on the back of the eyeball. I wondered what they were too until someone I was talking to told me about it. I dont think anyone really knows why they happen.

Usually people get them when they get old, but some people (like me) are born with them for some reason. You will notice that if you shake your head about they will start to break up :P

Edited by Finity

The squigly things you see in your eyes are known as "floaters". It is the fluid in your eyes lumping together and casting shadows on the back of the eyeball. I wondered what they were too until someone I was talking to told me about it. I dont think anyone really knows why they happen.

Usually people get them when they get old, but some people (like me) are born with them for some reason. You will notice that if you shake your head about they will start to break up :P

Read the 5th post down from the top. I explained why you get them.

When you commented about the whole TV thing, I thought of something that happens to me. When I'm going to sleep, my mom comes in to check on me [i'm 10, by the way.] I have a TV in my room, and it's always on while I'm falling to sleep. When my mom comes in, the whole noise of the TV, may it be loud or soft, changes. It's kind of like sound waves are bouncing off my mom and entering my ear. Can someone explain this?

I'm not expecting it to be paranormal. I just think I can sense her walking in. No biggie. Thanks in advance!

Samz <3

• 4 weeks later...

Normal , I get that too , like a weird fuzzy warm feeling around your ear , like electrical energy.

Edited by (SG)Max

Hi, this is my first post.

Well, you arent seeing atoms or molecules.. I can also see that too..

While you are focusing.. creates something like that.

microscope.

Another question:

I have almost all the exact same happenings. It's perfectly normal.

What you are actually seeing I can't comment upon without a lot more information and study.

However I take up the good fight with those that unreservedly denounce subtle vision and the actual ability of seeing atomic structures of the elements.

This has been done and the results published in a book entitled 'Occult Chemistry' by CW.Leadbeater & A.Besant in the late 19th century;

30+ years before the electron microscope was invented, in which they had diagrams of the atomic structures of atoms of the then known periodic

table... In the 1950's Geoffrey Hodson was describing the molecular structure of graphite and diamonds through his clairvoyant vision alone.

These are published, irrefutable facts.

A.

Edited by Akkadian

What you are actually seeing I can't comment upon without a lot more information and study.

However I take up the good fight with those that unreservedly denounce subtle vision and the actual ability of seeing atomic structures of the elements.

This has been done and the results published in a book entitled 'Occult Chemistry' by CW.Leadbeater & A.Besant in the late 19th century;

30+ years before the electron microscope was invented, in which they had diagrams of the atomic structures of atoms of the then known periodic

table... In the 1950's Geoffrey Hodson was describing the molecular structure of graphite and diamonds through his clairvoyant vision alone.

A.

Facts that those events were published or facts that they happened exactly like that? because there's no way in hell anyone can ever see atoms/molecules or whatever with the naked eye.

it's kinda like me counting rocks on pluto from my back garden with no visual aid. it aint happenin' :P

infact, i'd go as far as putting a 100% impossibility rating on it tbh.

First, I'd like to agree with what numerous people said, and add that seeing white blood cells when looking at something bright is known as Scheerer's phenomenon, in case anyone wants to look it up.

A.

:whistle:

No kidding, they had diagrams of atomic structures back then. Even with electron microscopes today we can't actually see the structures of atoms. They are deduced from experimental data. We probably wouldn't have electron microscopes without those diagrams. Same with molecules [though you might be able to see some of their basic structure with an electron microscope].

Apparently, analysis of scientific data counts as clairvoyant vision now. If that is so, count me as a newfound believer in the paranormal. :P

Edited for clarification.

Edited by The One Who Is

there's no way in hell anyone can ever see atoms/molecules or whatever with the naked eye.

Quite so, it is impossible physically speaking - but surely everyone knows that genuine clairvoyant vision is not using

any physical organ.

The book is available - for those that want to find it. Personally speaking, before I would cast doubt on such a matter - I

would look to see the evidence first - even if I were skeptical and sought out the book to study it in order to mock it...

Go ahead - it's there for the taking if you are confident that clairvoyant vision of atomic structures is unfounded...

A.

Quite so, it is impossible physically speaking - but surely everyone knows that genuine clairvoyant vision is not using

any physical organ.

The book is available - for those that want to find it. Personally speaking, before I would cast doubt on such a matter - I

would look to see the evidence first - even if I were skeptical and sought out the book to study it in order to mock it...

Go ahead - it's there for the taking if you are confident that clairvoyant vision of atomic structures is unfounded...

A.

I just told you how they got those atomic structures back then...

Are you going to explain how this is actually evidence for clairvoyant vision?