Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Concering Earmarks..

InHuman

Heard Obama say that he's gonna go over um with a fine toothed comb.

Shouldn't there ALREADY be some sort of goverment AND independant bodies taht do that?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MasterPo

• danielost

• InHuman

• Leonardo

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly, it seems from both camps that looking over the spending was just an after thought. I assumed by this that you already have a body, but its innefficent. If so, whos getting fired over it?

Exactly, it seems from both camps that looking over the spending was just an after thought. I assumed by this that you already have a body, but its innefficent. If so, whos getting fired over it?

There is no oversight. Bills (proposed laws) almost always contain "pork" projects and funding. It's the price that is paid to get the main thing passed.

It's a double edged sword: If the law is passed the cries of earmarks and pork spending can be made; If the law is vetoed or doesn't pass the House then the same people cry that the President and/or House don't care about (whatever).

Can't win for loosing.

Heard Obama say that he's gonna go over um with a fine toothed comb.

Shouldn't there ALREADY be some sort of goverment AND independant bodies taht do that?

That's a misquote, InHuman.

He actually said "I'm going to go over UM with a fine-tooth comb."

He has become aware that this place is a hot-bed of sedition and possibly the hiding place of several dangerous alien entities. :alien: He is determined to protect the American people by stamping out this threat to their freedom. :ph34r:

Wouldn't Line-Item Veto power remedy this ?

The President doesn't technically have that authority. It's only been used a handful of times since Clinton and then more as a token gesture. If it were to be used wholesale (so to speak) it would definately end up in the Supreme Court.

Wouldn't Line-Item Veto power remedy this ?

Yes it would help this is why congress won't give it to him.

The President doesn't technically have that authority. It's only been used a handful of times since Clinton and then more as a token gesture. If it were to be used wholesale (so to speak) it would definately end up in the Supreme Court.

I don't think even the most liberal court would call it unconstitutional.

I don't think even the most liberal court would call it unconstitutional.