Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I need some help with my abilities

Rickety

well for one thing, if i still had the same control i used to i might try, but i've been on these forums for a little over a year and i've seen time and time again people trying to prove their abilities with videos and experiments. One thing i know is that no matter how fool-proof you think your experiment or video is, someone will find a way to be dissatisfied with it.

This again is a poor excuse. If you still had the control? You just lost it? Can't you just get it back?

The reason people trying to prove an "ability" get shot down every time is because the level of their "ability" is so small and useless it's too easy for it to be faked. Seriously, how useful is moving a tiny object under a glass jar going to be to you? Yet it's still called an "ability". Don't get me wrong I want to see someone prove it but it seems you all stop with tiny (if any) advances.

Move something bigger already! Remove all doubt!

I can just hear you saying... 'its not that easy, it takes years to master blah blah blah blah blah' Then stop the claiming and come back in a few years!

All this proves in the end is one of these three options:

1) These abilities do not exist

2) They are so minuscule that it's not worth trying to achieve them

or 3) they take so long to develop that again, it's not worth trying to achieve them

As soon as someone proves them properly, all the skeptics will back you

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mahtu

• Insight

• Meiliken

• Rickety

I have this pretty amazing ability.. I haven't really shared this with anyone before for fear of appearing nothing short of a lunatic.

Strictly using my mind.. I can manipulate these strange, long appendages that jut out from my torso (I think they are more commonly referred to as limbs) I can use them to do a number of extraordinary things. .such as typing on this keyboard for instance.

It's really quite remarkable. In fact, my ability is so advanced that my mind actually does things for me involuntarily! Like breathe.. and on occasion blink!

I'll gladly prove this in a video.. it would be great having an extra grand kickin' around for a raining day.

;)

Insight, being skeptical about these claims is understandable however please avoid being quite so hostile towards other members because you don't believe what they are saying.

On a similar note, for legal reasons i'm going to have to ask that you don't offer a $1000 reward for proof of metaphysical abilities to anyone on this site under the age of 18.

Thank you.

I can just hear you saying... 'its not that easy, it takes years to master blah blah blah blah blah' Then stop the claiming and come back in a few years!

Well for one thing, why would i go take a couple years to work on this when it's pretty obvious that some other things in my life come before that right now? I mean, why do you think i lost control in the first place? i didn't have time for it anymore.

Another thing, my lack of control is not the only problem. if you read my whole post, i said that no matter how great my control is and how trustworthy my experiment is, people will still think i'm faking, because the truth is that any of these demonstrations can be faked. that's why illusionists like Criss Angel and David Blaine are able to do the things they do. And it just makes it that much more difficult for anyone trying to prove themselves.

Insight, being skeptical about these claims is understandable however please avoid being quite so hostile towards other members because you don't believe what they are saying.

On a similar note, for legal reasons i'm going to have to ask that you don't offer a $1000 reward for proof of metaphysical abilities to anyone on this site under the age of 18.

Thank you.

What sort of legal reasons would these be?

Can we work on a prize amount which would be considered lawful for those who ARE under the age of 18? Or rather, can we develop some contract with the youth's legal guardian whereby the $1000 would be payable?

As much as my reward may seem like some sort of groundless claim, I am completely serious about it. I already have the money reserved, because I truly DO want to see the proof of these phenomena, and am more than happy to pay to see it. It would be a life changing experience for me, and would mark a turning point in human history.

I am not unwilling to accept that telekinesis is real, but so far, all I have to go on is claims from shadowy government sorts, and Coast to Coast AM radio broadcasts. But if someone here can TRULY exhibit these abilities, I would be THANKFUL to have only spent $1000 to see them.

i would suggest just take awhile to practice i practice pyrikinesis at leats an hour evry 2 days one thing i have learned is that you may not know the full extent and therefore you expect it to be more powerful then it rlly is or you may just be dveloping difrent abilitis that are more important to your destiny ok im out

Could you explain what pyrikinesis is? I'm new to this forum and i don't know the tequnical terms. Thanks.

Well for one thing, why would i go take a couple years to work on this when it's pretty obvious that some other things in my life come before that right now? I mean, why do you think i lost control in the first place? i didn't have time for it anymore.

Another thing, my lack of control is not the only problem. if you read my whole post, i said that no matter how great my control is and how trustworthy my experiment is, people will still think i'm faking, because the truth is that any of these demonstrations can be faked. that's why illusionists like Criss Angel and David Blaine are able to do the things they do. And it just makes it that much more difficult for anyone trying to prove themselves.

You don't have time for it anymore? That is a totally fair statement, glad to see you're grounded in reality :tu:

However your next statement still appears to be an excuse. If you really did have an ability and demonstrated it in person to someone with good standing (such as a university professor) then it would be very hard to call it a fake. Anyway, I don't mean for this to seem like a personal attack so I will just take your first statement to mean that you do believe but at this point in time do not have an ability of this type.

Have a nice day ^_^

Could you explain what pyrikinesis is? I'm new to this forum and i don't know the tequnical terms. Thanks.

It isn't anything. It's a made up word for a made up power.

Kids here tack on the word "kinesis" to anything, and say it's a real psychic ability. Pyrokinesis makes as much sense as mustardkinesis.

Im in a debate so i have not been reading any posts. Pyrokinesis is the ability to manipulate fire with your mind

Im in a debate so i have not been reading any posts. Pyrokinesis is the ability to manipulate fire with your mind

Hahaha Sorry but you have to realize that what you just said doesn't make sense. I'll break it down for you..

Firstly- Fire is a combustion reaction that consists of three parts: heat, fuel and oxygen. Without all three there is no fire, simple as that.

Second- Your mind is not a physical part of your body and therefore cannot effect any of the three parts that make up this reaction. Your mind is something that we cannot see and only exists as your own thoughts and conscience. (I do not know if your thoughts produce some form of energy, I don't even know how thoughts are created or where they go after your finished with them. Neither do you)

So your mind cannot change anything physically. Your only chance at something paranormal is a form of telekinesis, movement of energy by remote or non-physical means. But even then, what energy are you moving? And how are you moving it? Just saying "with your mind" makes no sense either. The only way anyone can move any kind of object is with kinetic energy, which is produced when an object is moving. (Simple physics) So your mind can't just create kinetic energy out of nothing either (so even the term telekinesis doesn't make much sense either).

Basically, (please correct me if I'm wrong) to move something you need to produce or manipulate some form of energy. People have tried to make the concept of "psi"(a word with no meaning in my opinion) the energy that you are moving in order to preform telekinesis. It's just silly that children believe this junk straight away without even asking why? or how? Don't understand physics but you can manipulate 'stuff' with a part of your being that you also don't understand. How intelligent

just because you don't know how something's done or have never seen it done, does not make it false or impossible. No human being, including you, has infinite knowledge of all things. It's possible that the person that your message was intended for DOESN'T have a vast understanding of the world of physics. but i have a theory on that as well. Just because you DO something doesn't mean that you UNDERSTAND how it works. as children we do not fully understand the physics and biology behind what makes our muscles move when we walk, or why we need to eat. Yet we will still get up off our butts to go get a cookie across the room. What makes any function of our minds any different?

I don't understand fully how they work, but i'm willing to look for a solution to this mystery, because i think that it's better to look foolish and search for answers than to look intelligent and think you have all the answers.

just because you don't know how something's done or have never seen it done, does not make it false or impossible.

No human being, including you, has infinite knowledge of all things.

I never said I knew everything. I simply stated that the term Pyrokinesis makes no sense and that controlling fire with your mind is an outlandish concept

It's possible that the person that your message was intended for DOESN'T have a vast understanding of the world of physics. but i have a theory on that as well. Just because you DO something doesn't mean that you UNDERSTAND how it works. as children we do not fully understand the physics and biology behind what makes our muscles move when we walk, or why we need to eat. Yet we will still get up off our butts to go get a cookie across the room. What makes any function of our minds any different?

It's different because you can't see your mind and there is nothing between your mind and the object. When you move your body and get a cookie, electrical signals are sent to your muscles from your brain via your nerves. Muscles expand and contract and your tendons pull and retract to allow you to move. There is no such connection when someone attempts telekinesis (and the signal is coming from your mind/imagination which cannot be measured), so a large amount of energy would be required to make it happen (or a small amount but it would have to be real energy). Also, a child learns how to move and walk by watching others and what makes it easier is that the human body is designed to work that way. We don't know if the human mind is designed that way or not. So don't think that your mind and brain are the same thing because what is seen is very different to what is unseen, especially when we a talking about this kind of 'ability'.

I don't understand fully how they work, but i'm willing to look for a solution to this mystery, because i think that it's better to look foolish and search for answers than to look intelligent and think you have all the answers.

As am I. In fact I have begun to research these possibilities personally in an objective and questioning manner. In everything we do we must always be able to ask why? and how?

What sort of legal reasons would these be?

Can we work on a prize amount which would be considered lawful for those who ARE under the age of 18? Or rather, can we develop some contract with the youth's legal guardian whereby the $1000 would be payable?

I'm afraid this is non-negotiable, I've sent you a private message pertaining to this matter.

• 4 months later...
I would suggest a heart to heart talk with your inner guidance system. I suspect that you are moving away from your life path in some way and need to get back on track.

John

Inner guidance system? Not a good choice of words. That's like saying someones fire control system. People aren't computers or machines.

Are you talking about...farting?

Omg, I spit up my drink on that!! :lol:

Yeah, because everyone knows that mastering metaphysical energies is all in your typing skill, and having nothing to do with actual intelligence and strength of will. And everyone knows that your typing skill is SO indicative of your knowledge and intelligence and has nothing to do with the fact that many people type too fast and don't care when they make an abbreviation or small spelling error.

The quality of a persons intelligence can be measured by the quality of their speech. A person who uses mispronunciations and swear words will be regarded as not very intelligent. The same can be said for the written language. If people want to be taken seriously, they need to focus on how they give their message. Clarity and tact is the most important factors, followed by spelling and grammer.

I'll volunteer some help. The reason your abilities do not work properly any more is because you are becomming a grown up and starting to live mor in reality, an less in your imagination.

You never made the wind blow. You just don't remember all the thousands of times when you were mad and nothing happened. Or all the times you guess the whell of fortune winner and were wrong.

A person who uses mispronunciations and swear words will be regarded as not very intelligent.

That's true, but usually by unintelligent people.

hi

I don't know if anyone will listen to me because you're all arguing about who's the smartest....

But anyways...

When a person reaches a certain age their brain frequency changes and they can't do as much as they used to be able to do, this affects psychic ability, imagination, dreams, and other things. Apparently in order for your brain to continue to maintain these abilities you must keep the mind in a constant state of alpha and think like a three year old.. no I don't mean lose the power to reason and the power of speech.. just.. think in the same mode as a very small child. To do that you have to meditate, regularly, don't focus on anything except a rose.. a single red rose, look at all the detail of that rose really deep into it, and keep focussing on the rose, nothing else, not getting your power back, or waiting for something amazing to happen.. just the rose, and you do that and persevere...

Do this for as long as it takes. One day you'll not be able to wake up from your meditation properly, have big black eyes and a feeling that everything in the world is OK.. and Elton John... is the most brilliant singer in the world... no.. sorry thats what happened when I did it. They said to me.. don't go anywhere.. just go straight home. So I had an hour before my train left and had to wait around.. I was all wierd and floaty and popped into this seventies night club and now ...

But thats another story.

I think they mean pyrokinesis, which is supposed to be the control and manipulation of fire.

That's true, but usually by unintelligent people.

Not at all. When hearing or reading from someone that can only use swearing and mispronunciations, spelling, grammer, it indicates that the person doesn't have the facilities to explain fully what they are trying to say. If one can't convey their meaning without swearing for example, then they don't have a full grasp of the english language(unless they're speaking another language). You can always tell an uneducated person when they say things like "I'm like edumacted main." That's only a gross example, but is still valid. Especially if the person talking like that is not talking in jest. With the way people speak on the internet, it can't always be that cut and dry though since people these days are getting very lazy when they type. But in any interaction, if the person communicates in a way that seems like they don't care, the one recieving it can't be expected to either.

Yeah, because everyone knows that mastering metaphysical energies is all in your typing skill, and having nothing to do with actual intelligence and strength of will. And everyone knows that your typing skill is SO indicative of your knowledge and intelligence and has nothing to do with the fact that many people type too fast and don't care when they make an abbreviation or small spelling error.

No but it shows intelligence when you actually take your time to make a post that's well typed, articulate and rational.

hi

I don't know if anyone will listen to me because you're all arguing about who's the smartest....

But anyways...

When a person reaches a certain age their brain frequency changes and they can't do as much as they used to be able to do, this affects psychic ability, imagination, dreams, and other things. Apparently in order for your brain to continue to maintain these abilities you must keep the mind in a constant state of alpha and think like a three year old.. no I don't mean lose the power to reason and the power of speech.. just.. think in the same mode as a very small child. To do that you have to meditate, regularly, don't focus on anything except a rose.. a single red rose, look at all the detail of that rose really deep into it, and keep focussing on the rose, nothing else, not getting your power back, or waiting for something amazing to happen.. just the rose, and you do that and persevere...

Do this for as long as it takes. One day you'll not be able to wake up from your meditation properly, have big black eyes and a feeling that everything in the world is OK.. and Elton John... is the most brilliant singer in the world... no.. sorry thats what happened when I did it. They said to me.. don't go anywhere.. just go straight home. So I had an hour before my train left and had to wait around.. I was all wierd and floaty and popped into this seventies night club and now ...

But thats another story.

That was very well said Oriana. It's true about our brain waves changing. They actually change several times between birth and elderly death. The younger the mind, the more it absorbs information. My own son seems to be a prodigy among his peers as well as having other stranger abilities. I don't doubt that unless he is encouraged, any ability gained upon childhood would vanish upon hitting adulthood. That's why I believe in never ceasing the learning process. As long as people did this, they'd train their brain to constantly be a sponge. The brain is a muscle and it needs to be exercised. :)