Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Debate Suggestions

Saru

If such a debate is permissable, I would enjoy debating the existence of god with someone. I don't wish this to be a debate about any particular religions' definition of god though, but rather simply whether god in some form exists. In the spirit of debate I would be willing to argue for the existence of god if someone of religious belief would entertain arguing against the existence of god?

I'd argue for a non-specific higher power of sorts or against Theism.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• behaviour???

• Enigmatic Ghost

• churchanddestroy

• Leonardo

Existence if demonic spirits

Thanks

Universal legend

I'd argue for a non-specific higher power of sorts or against Theism.

Do you define Theism as simply the belief in a deity, church, and would it argue against the existence of a higher power or would it simply suggest the worship of such is foolish? I don't wish the debate to be about the validity of belief but about the existence of a higher power. If your argument against Theism would not include that then I will debate you with you arguing for the existence of a higher power, and me, against.

If such a debate is permissable, I would enjoy debating the existence of god with someone. I don't wish this to be a debate about any particular religions' definition of god though, but rather simply whether god in some form exists. In the spirit of debate I would be willing to argue for the existence of god if someone of religious belief would entertain arguing against the existence of god?
If no one else takes you up on this, I might accept this debate. I think i could successfully debate the non-existence of God, if you could be willing to debate a creator (non-specific) does exist. However, I'm currently in the middle of another debate and don't want to over-extend myself. I have real life to contend with as well somewhere along the lines, lol :P

If no god-believer takes you up before then, count me in. But if someone does come in, I'd be happy to read this at this as an observer also :tu:

Regards,

Edited by Paranoid Android

If no one else takes you up on this, I might accept this debate. I think i could successfully debate the non-existence of God, if you could be willing to debate a creator (non-specific) does exist. However, I'm currently in the middle of another debate and don't want to over-extend myself. I have real life to contend with as well somewhere along the lines, lol :P

If no god-believer takes you up before then, count me in. But if someone does come in, I'd be happy to read this at this as an observer also :tu:

Regards,

Real life? What's that??? :unsure2:

:lol:

I'm unsure if church's "against Theism" is about belief or god, PA, so I'll wait and see if that's okay with you. If I debate for god against church then I'll debate the other side against you after both debates [including yours with Tiggs] are done with. I appreciate your offer as I specifically wanted people to debate the side they don't necessarily believe themselves - such is the true art of debate that the personal belief of the debator is unimportant. :)

You and Tiggs have set a high benchmark for debates, btw. Hope I can live with the standards you've set!

Edited by Leonardo

• 4 weeks later...

A debate about Lucifer would be good. Is Lucifer actually Jesus or is Lucifer Satan, or is he any of those at all? I just think it would be a good one.

Abortion-legal or illegal?

Eastern vs. Western medicine.

Marriage-for or against?

• 3 weeks later...

Pirates versus Ninjas!?!? :yes:

:devil:

• 2 weeks later...

is it right that the lower class people in britain cant become priminister

(not sure about other countries)

(cant word it as an idea for a debate)

Edited by dr alien

should the people get punished for illegal downloading or the website who provides the download

• 3 weeks later...
Do you define Theism as simply the belief in a deity, church, and would it argue against the existence of a higher power or would it simply suggest the worship of such is foolish? I don't wish the debate to be about the validity of belief but about the existence of a higher power. If your argument against Theism would not include that then I will debate you with you arguing for the existence of a higher power, and me, against.

I usually define Theism as the belief in a specific, personal deity who reveals itself in some form of holy text or scripture: i.e. Judaism, Christianity, Islam, etc.

If I were to argue for the existence of a higher power, I would attempt to do so from a deistic perspective, that is that I would most certainly not be arguing for any of the 3 great monotheistic religions, nor would I use their holy texts. Rather, I would argue for a largely impersonal deity of nature, like what Paine and Jefferson and Franklin believed in.

Of course, I'm not sure how successful I would be in arguing for that, given that I take Deism on faith and faith alone.

lets someone debate the legalization of mariganja in the states.

I offer to take that a step further.

If anyone is up to task, I'm willing to engage in a debate where I would argue for the legalization of all drugs, if anyone would like to take the other side let me know.

• 3 weeks later...

Water. Should private interests be allowed to control the planet's water resources? I would like to debate this topic and I am willing to take on either side.

Edited by FunnyWalks

• 1 month later...

I would like to challenge ANYONE on the following:

Is there a god?? WHat evidence is there for or against the existence

IS there such a thing as Evolution??

I'am on the NO side for topic one; I don't believe there is.

I am on the YES side for topic two; I do believe in evolution.

Please PM me before saying yes so I'm prepared.

Thanks, GUNNARYSEARGENTHARTMAN a.k.a Anthony.

I don't know if it's already been mentioned but we debate a lot in other threads about politics. A lot of members are very knowledgeable on both sides so I wouldn't mind seeing a general liberal vs. conservative ideology debate. Or even one on rather or not the Iraq War was genuinely necessary.

Please post your ideas for new debate topics here. If you'd like to challenge someone to a debate and aren't sure what topic to go for then this thread should provide you with a few ideas, alternatively if you have an idea for a debate topic that you'd like to see someone else have a go at then please feel free to post it here.

Should the electoral college be eliminated and a popular vote system installed?

Should the electoral college be eliminated and a popular vote system installed?

good one.....

I wouldn't mind seeing one day vegans vs meat eaters ... really , the pros and cons of both.

• 2 weeks later...
I offer to take that a step further.

If anyone is up to task, I'm willing to engage in a debate where I would argue for the legalization of all drugs, if anyone would like to take the other side let me know.

this would be good, but i wouldnt want to take the other side...

Good luck c+d if it happens

• 2 weeks later...
this would be good, but i wouldnt want to take the other side...

Good luck c+d if it happens

I'm totally up to the task. If anyone wants to debate that, please don't hesitate to contact me.

(I would like to reiterate that I would be debating for the legalization of all drugs, not just the ganj)

Drugs meaning coccaine also?

If it does mean I am willing to take part in the debate standing for Not all drugs should be legalised

Thanks

B???

Why cant we do a debate for the existing of aliens?

I stand for aliens do not exist

Thanks

B???

ps-Sorry if this topic has already been done

Drugs meaning coccaine also?

If it does mean I am willing to take part in the debate standing for Not all drugs should be legalised

Thanks

B???

If you're up for it, I'm down like a clown charlie brown. Like I said, I would argue that all drugs should be legalized.

PS. PM me if you're interested.

Edited by churchanddestroy