Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The perils of ghost hunting

cpjason

I have been researching the paranormal for around 10 years, and travel all over the Great Lakes area in search of new evidence. I travel further from time to time to see famous hot spots such as Gettysburg and a few others but for the most part I stay close to home.

In the past I have had a ghosts follow me home, but they usually don't stay very long, and it doesn't happen very often. I always wonder if they will stay for good, and it has always been a worry in the back of my mind. I love seeing paranormal happenings but I want them to be away from my home. They always have gone away until now, and my house is officially haunted.

It is a new house, no one has died here and no one I know has died recently. Starting about 3 months ago when I got home from a trip in Wisconsin it started to happen. I have the feeling that someone is staring a hole through me from behind when im sitting and working on my computer. When I go to bed I lay down and something rubs a finger across my butt slowly which sends chills down my spine no matter how often it happens and it does happen often. It tugs on one of my feet, and climbs into bed with me. I can feel it pressing down on the bed as if a body's weight was there next to me and my bed becomes ice cold. It doesn't feel evil at all, and is just being playful. I don't scare easily so it doesn't really bother me. I actually find it entertaining because of my passion for the paranormal.

It seems centered on my bedroom for whatever reason but I also have happenings in other parts of the house. I will see shadows out of the corner of my eye if I go to the kitchen at night, and sometimes it will play with the back of my hair as I am walking to the bathroom. Most of the time it's in my bedroom though as I spend more time there than anywhere because my computer is in the bedroom. I haven't used any of my equipment on it yet as I have tried to ignore it like I always to to make it get bored and leave, but this time it isn't working and I fear that it will never stop.

I just wanted to share my story with you because I know a lot of people are thinking about hunting ghosts in their spare time. Keep in mind that this can happen to you. It is very rare, and probably won't happen but it is possible so be aware of the possibility if you decide to become a ghost hunter.

Edited by cpjason

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JustNormal

• cpjason

• primordial

• Loonboy

YIKES CP, that is one strange spirit you got there, especially if you choose to share your bed with it LOL..I know what you mean, its great to hunt for spirits, its another to have them in your own home. As long as you are not fearful or bothered, thats great. Looks like its going to be around for awhile..I want a pic.waaaah..LOL..JN :yes:

And, u wonder when to stop. I am a ghost hunter and sometimes odd little things do happen after a “hunt”. I never do think of bringing something home, and I don’t realize it later at when something does happen. The strange things is not so pungent as in your experiences. This makes me wonder that the more you ghost-hunt, the more the strange things will happen? I also question what happens when(if) they leave. Do they go back the place that where they had came from, or they just fade away with time?

Who's to say this stuff goes away with time, or doesn't escalate?

Who's to say this stuff goes away with time, or doesn't escalate?

I do have to confess..I do sometimes see these shadows or dark things move in the corner in my eye, and when I look at it, it disappears. Quite frustrating. I do find this very normal in everyone, however after every each ghost hunt, it seems that these shadows do increase. I think it is a survival instinct that we had for millions of years(posted about this b4), and still, I don’t understand why.

I'll try to make this story short and you might have read it b4 in the Forum: Angela, my daughter, heard footsteps walking from the kitchen to the side of her bed n she woke me up. I did immediately sensed something was indeed was in the house, an intruder. Angela was 6 years old at the time and the way she had explained to me about the experience of hearing the steps.. its sent shivers of intense dread. Very hard to explain, and how can a child disclose such a story. In the next following years, there were some minor unexplainable things like the shadows, the faint tapping on the walls…but they decrease in my observation.

Angela is now 10, and she is right into these Paranormal shows. Her last experience was really astonishing. I have posted her account and the picture of the doll.

My theory is that..after all my numerous ghost hunts, they visit, and then go away..or perhaps, perhaps one is still here..cautious.

I've been ghost hunting about 15 years off and on and have never had anything follow me home, at least that I'm aware of. If anything does, it doesnt make itself known.

It could be that your energy rises alot during an investigation (adrenaline), mine often does, and therefore, lower life forms that feed on energy are attracted to it and come to feed, so to speak, and that is what you experience.

I've said it before on here somewhere, but you should make your home your 'safe zone'.

Grid it with certain crystals - tourmaline or labradorite etc. - and regularly do cleansings/clearings on the house atmosphere by smudging.

In this way, you can go out and face whatever it is you want to, and know that you're returning to a sacred space that is for you only. Anything negative will be unable to enter that space.

:tu:

I have been researching the paranormal for around 10 years, and travel all over the Great Lakes area in search of new evidence. I travel further from time to time to see famous hot spots such as Gettysburg and a few others but for the most part I stay close to home.

In the past I have had a ghosts follow me home, but they usually don't stay very long, and it doesn't happen very often. I always wonder if they will stay for good, and it has always been a worry in the back of my mind. I love seeing paranormal happenings but I want them to be away from my home. They always have gone away until now, and my house is officially haunted.

It is a new house, no one has died here and no one I know has died recently. Starting about 3 months ago when I got home from a trip in Wisconsin it started to happen. I have the feeling that someone is staring a hole through me from behind when im sitting and working on my computer. When I go to bed I lay down and something rubs a finger across my butt slowly which sends chills down my spine no matter how often it happens and it does happen often. It tugs on one of my feet, and climbs into bed with me. I can feel it pressing down on the bed as if a body's weight was there next to me and my bed becomes ice cold. It doesn't feel evil at all, and is just being playful. I don't scare easily so it doesn't really bother me. I actually find it entertaining because of my passion for the paranormal.

It seems centered on my bedroom for whatever reason but I also have happenings in other parts of the house. I will see shadows out of the corner of my eye if I go to the kitchen at night, and sometimes it will play with the back of my hair as I am walking to the bathroom. Most of the time it's in my bedroom though as I spend more time there than anywhere because my computer is in the bedroom. I haven't used any of my equipment on it yet as I have tried to ignore it like I always to to make it get bored and leave, but this time it isn't working and I fear that it will never stop.

I just wanted to share my story with you because I know a lot of people are thinking about hunting ghosts in their spare time. Keep in mind that this can happen to you. It is very rare, and probably won't happen but it is possible so be aware of the possibility if you decide to become a ghost hunter.

Don't spose you say any protection prayers before and after you go hunting, just wondering if it works, what an interesting ghost you have, seems really playful, I wish there was a way to find out who it is.

lets just hope you dont get into Ghostphelia!

Pretty scary stuff.

Don't spose you say any protection prayers before and after you go hunting, just wondering if it works, what an interesting ghost you have, seems really playful, I wish there was a way to find out who it is.

If you're protected up to the hilt with prayers, blessings and talismans before you go ghost-hunting, wouldn't that negate the point of going in the first place?

I mean, you're not going to encounter many spooks if your charms are repelling them left, right and centre.

:geek:

One time after a hunt I was sleeping in my basement bedroom, it's pitch black and creepy down there already, and then all of a sudden my strobe light across the room turned on by itself! That scared the crap outta me. Only time that ever happened. I imagine something followed me home that night.

I use to live in a early 20th century farm house that used to be a crack house, and a place where a pimp would keep his hoes. There have been a few deaths here. There is one entity that hangs out the mother-in-law apartment upstairs (the attic was converted into an apartment). I got this impression that this entity was a male, and He/She would open a closet door in the bedroom.

I was thinking some things as others wrote too. Like , do you think things will escalate , or has it already ? I mean from the first few times you noticed this spirit around up until present?

Is there any clue as to where it could of come from ? If you go looking for ghost , there must be stories behind the haunts ..right?

Or do you do random hunts? Just thinking if there was a place you could remember being at that would have a friendly spirit as this..even if you did , wonder if it would go back there.

How about that "going to the light thing" does that realy work as seen on some haunting shows? Did you ever try it..

Well , I hope you all the best with this and hope thngs settle with this , or at least stay freindly. Hope you get some evidence & good luck & stay safe too !

I've never ghost hunted. ( Always wanted to. Just never have )

But that right there scares the crap out of me. Having something follow you home. Now that would be real drag.

If you're protected up to the hilt with prayers, blessings and talismans before you go ghost-hunting, wouldn't that negate the point of going in the first place?

I mean, you're not going to encounter many spooks if your charms are repelling them left, right and centre.

I think you interpreted it wrong, the idea of a protection prayer is to make sure nothing follows you home. Make is something simple, e.g "St Michael protect me while ghost hunting and don't let anything attach itself to me or follow me home, Amen". I dunno, I don't think it will repel spirits completely, I'm really just wondering if they work.

Sounds like the ghost has the hots for you :P

I want one now lol not !

"St Michael protect me while ghost hunting and don't let anything attach itself to me or follow me home, Amen".

Yes I suppose that would work if you didn't want something to follow you home, however, why be protected while ghost hunting?

Surely you'd want to be exposed to everything you could be? Why limit the experience?

I'd want to see it all good, bad or indifferent.

How do you know for sure it's a ghost that followed you?

Good point...lol don't scare me. Well, I have been told that they go away usually and the 2 other times I had it happen it did go away. Maybe it's something else and maybe they didn't really go away after all..hehe

One time after a hunt I was sleeping in my basement bedroom, it's pitch black and creepy down there already, and then all of a sudden my strobe light across the room turned on by itself! That scared the crap outta me. Only time that ever happened. I imagine something followed me home that night.

Disco ghost? Interesting....

I think you interpreted it wrong, the idea of a protection prayer is to make sure nothing follows you home. Make is something simple, e.g "St Michael protect me while ghost hunting and don't let anything attach itself to me or follow me home, Amen". I dunno, I don't think it will repel spirits completely, I'm really just wondering if they work.

I think a large part of it is the actual strength in the belief of the prayer. If you offer one up half arsed and asinine then it holds no power for you. Though I have had nothing follow me home from a ghost hunt (I think I would annoy the hell out of the entities too much) it reminds me of the power to repulse a vampire with a holy symbol. It's the belief in the symbol that helps drive off the blood sucker.

Edited by newbloodmoon